[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to buy physical copies of comics for ages, but I decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2015-11-26-10-09-38.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-26-10-09-38.png
1MB, 720x1280px
I used to buy physical copies of comics for ages, but I decided I finally want to convert to full digital. I'm a total novice in this matter, so excuse my ignorance. What online store should I use? I heard comiXology is the most popular - is that so indeed? Before I start throwing my money away, I want to be sure of two things:
1) that at least some of the money goes to the authors (not just to the store).
2) that the store's library is large and the store is stable, i.e. it won't close in a year or so.
I've heard comiXology has been aquired by Amazon. Is this good or bad?
>>
>>77973338
What do you have against stores making money? You some kinda commie?
>>
>>77973428
Did I say I have anything against it? I just said I want to support the authors, at least partially, not JUST the store.
>>
>>77973462
But isn't all you're doing here is cutting comicbook stores out of the equation? Why do you hate stores anon?
>>
So nobody knows the answers?
>>
>>77973338
>1) that at least some of the money goes to the authors (not just to the store).
Oh, this is very simple, and it's the same answer for physical comics:

1) buy creator-owned comics.
2) don't buy corporate-owned comics.

If you're buying corporate-owned comics then none of your money goes to the creators, because they were already paid in pre-determined page rates.
>>
>>77973338
Comixology is great and all, but it's cheaper to buy the digital codes on eBay than buying through them unless there's a BOGO sale.
>>
>>77973814
Thanks, and yeah, this is what I do. Image is my favorite publisher. My concern was, whether some part of comiXology's income goes back to Image. Sorry, I know I'm green.
>>
>>77973338
anything being bought by Amazon is bad because their low prices come at the expense of profit going to the authors, while Amazon itself can afford the loss because it drives most of its competitors out of the market. 75% less profit to go around is worth it if it ensures enough people buy everything but their groceries from you, from the companies perspective, but when you're only getting 10% or less per sale and they're selling your book for five bucks you're practically giving it away. If people aren't buying thousands of copies, you're not making rent.
>>
>>77973928
You can buy digital comics straight from Image's site without giving comixology their share.
>>
>>77973995
So what solution would you recommend to a digital buyer?
>>
>>77974032
Buy physical books from your LCS
>>
>>77974028
So that's Image. If I also buy from Dynamite, Amigo, Aspen MLT and a couple of others, then it turns into a bit of a hassle.
>>
>>77974044
I started the thread, because I decided to turn from physical to full digital (for reasons unrelated).
>>
>>77974032
see if the author has a website, should have links to where you can buy it. The ones other than amazon should be better.
>>
>>77973338
Best online stores: torrents and win'o threads.
>>
>>77973338
Not sure if you actually own the comics with comixology or are just rented.

To be honest if you can't download a copy then is not worthy
>>
>>77973846
can't they scam you with fake codes? How does this work? I have comics I want that never seem to get scanned (like Fred Perry's War-nerd Of Mars), and would not mind paying for them.
>>
>>77974267
Yesterday I "bought" a free copy of a certain comic. It was readable online as well as downloadable as .cbz (under the obvious restriction that you keep the file for yourself etc etc). Not sure, if it applies to all comics, though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.