[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any classic season Simpsons episodes you didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: My Sister, My Sitter.jpg (42KB, 380x281px) Image search: [Google]
My Sister, My Sitter.jpg
42KB, 380x281px
Are there any classic season Simpsons episodes you didn't care for?

See pic - some good jokes, but Bart was too much of an unlikable asshole and the plot also required you to suspend disbelief that Marge would be irresponsible enough to think letting an 8 year old babysit anything, let alone her older brother, was a good idea (more of a Homer level of blunder). The ending seemed kind of anticlimactic as well.
>>
Bart is a horrible jerk to Lisa. I've always disliked this episode because of that. It starts out well, and has a good opening sequence and final scene, though.

I don't like Whacking Day myself.
>>
"Bart Sells His Soul" It's just downright preachy and has very few memorable jokes.
>>
>>77970667
Hrmm, I realize I haven't seen many classic episodes to really think of any.

Redpill me on some core classic simpsons episodes.
>>
>>77972126
The Way We Was
Last Exit To Springfield
Lisa On Ice
Lisa's Rival
Homer at the Bat
Flaming Moe's
Bart the Lover
Bart Sells His Soul
>>
>>77970667
>the plot also required you to suspend disbelief that Marge would be irresponsible enough to think letting an 8 year old babysit anything, let alone her older brother, was a good idea (more of a Homer level of blunder).

Americans. You forget the one important thing about them.
>>
File: 1446413709502.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446413709502.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>77972110
While it is preachy, Uncle Moe's, the street sweeper, that crazy rambling guy and Milhouse declaring war on Bart's soul are all decent jokes IMO.

Never felt much love for any of the tree houses of horror.
>>
>>77972844
The ones with the shinning parody and frogurt are top tier though
>>
A Streetcar Named Marge.
>>
A lot of people hail it as one of the last great episodes but I can't stand Homer's Phobia
>>
>>77973121
I never remember Homer's Phobia being considered a top 10 classic.
>>
>>77970667
Season 1 was the beginning of the decline.
>>
>>77972110
Pogs.
>>
>>77970667
Man I forgot about this episode, how did it end with Lisa getting away with everything scot-free or was she sorta grounded in the end I forget?
>>
>>77974691
A little of both actually.
>>
File: MiracleOnEvergreenTerrace.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MiracleOnEvergreenTerrace.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
i downright dread this episode. i know this sounds preachy but it just feels so unnecessarily cruel the way they put the simpsons through all this shit during christmas. anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>77974732
Being a Scully episode, some people would argue that this isn't part of classic Simpsons anyway.
>>
>>77974691
everyone found out and shit but people ended up still giving her work, the joke being it's just that hard to find a babysitter
>>
>>77970667
If I were writing this episode, I would have done something more like Lisa, being 8, is ultimately not up to this job and uncontrollably reverts to the 8 year old she is and...then the rest of the episode is something akin to the Ullman shorts where B&L get into a fight and end up trashing the house and acting like general maroons.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.