[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wrote a few episode of Johnny Test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: jt_char_johnny_174x252.png (16KB, 174x252px) Image search: [Google]
jt_char_johnny_174x252.png
16KB, 174x252px
Ask me anything.
>>
Can you prove it?
>>
Are the whipcracks part of the script?
>>
>>77960116
proof?
>>
>>77960116
Do you guys really had a crossdress/ gender bender fetish? This was way TOO recorrent.
>>
>>77960116
Which season(s)? Makes all the difference.
>>
Paper or plastic?
>>
>>77960116
Did you have your word processor set up to auto-fill the word "whipcrack" every time you used punctuation?
>>
>>77960116
How's your sex life?
>>
>>77960116
Not possible. Johnny Test didn't have any writers. Source: I've seen a few episodes.
>>
Ranch or Cool Ranch?
>>
>>77960138
>>77960167
Sure, what kind of proof? I can't show you any scripts though.

>>77960164
No. I had no idea about any of the whipcracks until I watched my episode air on TV. We only send off the scripts and our job is done.

>>77960172
I didn't write any of those episodes.

>>77960175
Season 6

>>77960183
Paper.
>>
>>77960222
I had zero input on the amount of whipcracks used per episode.

>>77960227
It's alright.

>>77960252
They actually do. Someone has to do it.

>>77960261
Cool Ranch.
>>
did they at least pay ok?
>>
How did you get the job? Have you worked for any other shows?
>>
>>77960399
The pay was alright. Thanks to the show I was able to pay rent when I couldn't find other writing jobs at the time. You could say that Johnny Test saved my life.
>>
>>77960116
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>77960283
>Sure, what kind of proof? I can't show you any scripts though.

I guess anything that you could plausibly show us that proves you're not just making shit up, or at least that would be difficult to throw together in a few minutes if you were lying. You choose; you're the writer here.

Or alternatively, some detailed accounts of what it was like to write for it if you don't have anything physical to show,
>>
File: 1449011981829.jpg (18KB, 252x223px) Image search: [Google]
1449011981829.jpg
18KB, 252x223px
>>77960116
>>
>>77960471
I don't hate myself. When I joined the show I didn't know it had such an infamous reputation on the internet. I tried to make the show the best it could be, but you can only do so much when you have a director who approves or denies your ideas.

>>77960424
I knew one of the other writers on the show who loved working on the show. He knew I was looking for work and told me that a show he worked on was renewed for a sixth season and needed a couple of new writer since some writers left the show after the previous season. He referred me over and I got the job.
>>
What are your future projects? Still in the animation industry?
>>
>>77960644
>I don't hate myself. When I joined the show I didn't know it had such an infamous reputation on the internet.
That's good and you're lucky to not be well acquainted with this shithole. You have a job, connections and most likely people who care about you.

Leave /co/ before it's too late, the internet will only drag you down to it's level with it's incessant whining and unhappy curmudgeons.
>>
How many episodes did you write?
>>
>>77960495
Sure, I'll tell you an interesting story.

When I first started writing for the show, I was given access to the production bible. It gave me a good idea of what the show and characters were about, but I started binge watching the random episodes to better understand the show. I wanted to try out some new storylines built around characters that didn't get much of the spotlight. I wrote half a script centered around Mary Test to help differentiate her from Susan a bit more.

The script was declined because the director said the way I was portraying her wasn't present in the bible. I told him that I was sticking to the bible but also trying to flesh out here character more because I didn't see any Mary centered episodes. After that I didn't bother fighting with him. If an attribute to a character wasn't present in the bible, we couldn't use it at least on the season I worked on. I threw out the Mary episode and began writing making sure that everything and I mean everything matched the character outlines in the bible.
>>
Can I borrow some money?
>>
>>77960986
Favorite episode that you worked on?
>>
>>77960773
I'm writing for another cartoon that hasn't been announced yet. I can at least tell you that I have more freedom with this show than I did with Johnny Test.

>>77960928
I'm not going to give an exact number, but it was 2-4.
>>
Are you on another cartoon now?
>>
File: 1432556708187.jpg (98KB, 881x719px) Image search: [Google]
1432556708187.jpg
98KB, 881x719px
>>77960986
>Giving Mary Test actual character
>gets rejected
FUCK
I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEEN HER FLESHED OUT FOR ONCE

Could you at least give us details on the Script that was not to be and how it gave her a bit of personality
>>
>>77960842
go away loser
>>
>>77960116
I'm not a terminator sent back in time to kill the person that is responsible for reviving the worst show ever made.

So, what's your name and where are you located? Please post a photograph of yourself and leave the doors to your home unlocked. Be sure to stay home too.

Once again. I'm not a terminator.
>>
>>77961295
Dude do your parents know you're roleplaying on 4chan
>>
>>77960986
which episodes did you do?
>>
File: aww fuck man.jpg (105KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
aww fuck man.jpg
105KB, 600x788px
>>77960116
How was your day?
>>
Was it worth it?
>>
>>77961159
Yes, I'm having a lot of fun on the new show.

>>77961170
I only wrote the first draft of the episode before scrapping it. If I had the opportunity to flesh it out more it would be better.

Mary gets tired of being the nicer twin after Johnny makes fun of her for having little backbone when comparing her to Susan. She then aspires to have more of a dark side to her like her sister.

When Mary comes home from school while Susan is stuck late, she bumps into The Brain Freezer. They first yell at each other but then they realize that might have a connection between them. Brain Freezer convinces her to be his evil sidekick and the two work together to commit small crimes around town. Eventually Brain Freezer wants her to help him rob a bank but Mary is hesitant so Brain Freezer decides to do it himself.

Eventually Johnny and Dukey save the day and The Brain Freezer is arrested. They also find out that Mary's been helping him. Mary tells the two why she did it. Johnny apologizes for being too tough on her earlier and Mary admits that she went a little too far. The episode ends with a little hint that there still might be a relationship between The Brain Freezer and Mary.

As I said it would be better if I had the opportunity to work on this episode more.
>>
>>77961375
Calm Saturday. Can't complain.
>>77961500
Sure. It kept me employed and helped me learn more about writing. Johnny Test was just practice to me.
>>
File: 1425433105379.png (367KB, 611x452px) Image search: [Google]
1425433105379.png
367KB, 611x452px
>>77961761
Damn that's pretty good for a rough draft yo
>>
>>77960116
can you actually put "writer on Johnny Test" on your resume and not get laugh off all the way to Montreal?
>>
>>77961878
It's impressive that you could infer that from one vague statement
>>
>>77961970
It helped me get the job after Johnny Test so no.
>>77962037
He's wrong you know.
>>
Would you like to created your own show one day?
>>
>>77961761
>the new show
Supernoobs?
>>
File: 1438049108320.jpg (25KB, 380x249px) Image search: [Google]
1438049108320.jpg
25KB, 380x249px
>>77962037
and it was all pointless
>>
>>77961970

It's a show with relative success. Yeah, put it in your resume and people will hire you.
>>
>>77960116
Why are you on /co/?
>>
>>77962264
No.
>>77962200
I have a couple of show ideas. I tried pitching them to a few people, but only one was interested in picking one up. We were supposed to produce a pilot but it got cancelled. Maybe one day.

I have to go in a half hour so if you have any more questions go ahead and ask.
>>
>>77962722
why were there so many racing episodes?
>>
>>77962722
did you have a favorite character working with
>>
>>77962801
Tell us about that one guy that was just a pain to work with. The kind of guy who everyone knows is just making the show worse for everyone else, whether it be the Director shooting down good ideas or a co-writer who tried to shoehorn absolute garbage into the show.
>>
>>77962904
>>77962801
Didn't mean to quote, my b
>>
>>77962624
I used to browse 4chan all the time when I was younger. I decided to visit today out of curiosity where I found an MS Paint image of Quagmire from Family Guy beating up Johnny Test. I was confused since the show has been over for a while. I thought the hatred would have moved onto another show by now, but people seem to still really hate this show.

I decided to post to give people insight on what the crew of Johnny Test had to deal with.

I'm friends with some of the other writers and storyboarders and they're all really good people. I can tell you that we all did the best we could do with the cards we were dealt with.

>>77962771
Because the higher ups wanted racing episodes.

>>77962801
Dukey was always fun to write for. He's such a smart ass. Mr. Black and White were also fun too.
>>
>>77963173
I'm like 90% percent sure that MS paint image you speak of was made by known autist and spammer Timbox.

He posts repeatedly about his Youtube OC, the Anytown show, spams JT hate threads with MS paint OC, and seems also on occasion responsible for repeatedly posting "news" about Nickeodeon and its older properties.

Nobody on /co/ cares about JT much these days, I think, but I don't use it much.
>>
File: 1449197742189.png (226KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1449197742189.png
226KB, 620x670px
What was your favorite and least favorite part of your job? I'm extremely curious.
>>
>>77960986
That's not proof of your identity, just more bullshit stories with no source.

OP is a fag.
>>
>>77963173
how did you break into the industry? what degree did you go for?
>>
>>77962904
I'm not here to badmouth anyone and I'm sorry if I came across that way. I've had good experiences with everybody else on the show.

I was just a writer, I wasn't in charge of the show. Even though I disagreed with his approach to the show, he was not a pain in the ass and in fact I highly respect him.

He had a clear vision for the show and he made sure that happened and if I gave him a script that didn't fit his vision he had every right to tell me to change it. I for one think that's very admirable.
>>
>>77960116
What's your perfect Sunday?
>>
>>77963401
I studied business in college, but after college I started writing theater scripts as a hobby. I got into the industry by knowing the right people. They helped me get jobs and I helped other people get jobs. It's important of who you know.

>>77963272
It was kind of tough to fit the vision for the show. My favorite part was delivering the final draft of an episode and then almost a year later watching it on TV even with the overused whipcrack sound.
>>
>>77963495
My ideal Sunday is doing nothing at all.

That was fun everyone but I have to go now. Have a great weekend everybody!
>>
>>77963832
is writing for a tv show a group effort? like you all sit down and brainstorm ideas? or is it just that you write 1 script and send it in and the next guy does that etc..

basically what is the process like
>>
>>77960116

How much do you get payed to do this, are you happy with yourself, and do you wish you got roped into something else?

And tell me, why does he do the whipcrack?
>>
did you once have actual artistic aspirations?
i imagine everyone who works in Canadian cartoons actually did want to write their stories and cartoons but are destroyed by how shit Canadian companies are
>>
>>77960842

Not true, all our actual showpals broke down because of reasons not related to /co/.
>>
>>77960172
>crossdress/ gender bender fetish
That's one thing that all Scott Fellows' works have in common. Be it select episodes of Fairly Oddparents, Ned's Declassified or Big Time Rush.
>>
>>77960986
So what your saying is that Scott Fellows, the man directing all of this wants to be a greedy shithead and pretty much just say, "Screw logic, I'm a grown-up I make the shit that is shit."
>>
>>77964988
I agree to that statement, chap.
>>
>>77960116

was there a quota to putting in whip cracks ?
>>
>>77963285
you're underage
>>
op is either
Nathan Knetchel
Neal Dusedau
Nick Confalone
or Mark Fellows
>>
>>77969123
or a ruseman
>>
>>77960116
How do you sleep at night?
>>
>>77960116
What's your favourite colour?
>>
>>77960116
How dare you
>>
>>77960116
>few episode

I believe in you.
>>
>>77961761
>Mary gets tired of being the nicer twin after Johnny makes fun of her for having little backbone when comparing her to Susan. She then aspires to have more of a dark side to her like her sister.
>When Mary comes home from school while Susan is stuck late, she bumps into The Brain Freezer. They first yell at each other but then they realize that might have a connection between them. Brain Freezer convinces her to be his evil sidekick and the two work together to commit small crimes around town. Eventually Brain Freezer wants her to help him rob a bank but Mary is hesitant so Brain Freezer decides to do it himself.
>Eventually Johnny and Dukey save the day and The Brain Freezer is arrested. They also find out that Mary's been helping him. Mary tells the two why she did it. Johnny apologizes for being too tough on her earlier and Mary admits that she went a little too far. The episode ends with a little hint that there still might be a relationship between The Brain Freezer and Mary.
I guess it's a very nice episode, right?
>>
Would you consider it an entry level job as an animation staffer?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.