[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more loathsome cartoon character than Brian Griffin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: bg.png (96KB, 501x367px) Image search: [Google]
bg.png
96KB, 501x367px
Is there a more loathsome cartoon character than Brian Griffin?

The list of despicable shit he's done far exceeds Lisa Simpson
>>
>>77956273
Quagmire or Peggy Hill.
>>
>>77957027
>quagmire
maybe
>peggy
fuck no, i dont see why everyone says this. she is stupidly involved with herself but she is devoted to her family almost all of the time. she is a great role model for a mother.
>>
File: EricCartman.png (94KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
EricCartman.png
94KB, 300x275px
>>77956273
Ummmmm yeah,

the edgy bullying Nazi bigot who has actually gotten away with murders?
>>
>>77957118
Cartman is actually funny.
>>
>>77957118
i hate jews too tho

because seth rogan and those Hanukkah specials on like half of every fucking cartoon and movie. fuck the jews, they use the holocaust to blanket every shitty thing they do today to pretend they have it bad like the blacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 333x250px
>>77956273
>>77957027
>>77957118
Their assholery is acknowledged in the show.

It's never worse than when the writers think they're admirable people.
>>
>>77957320
this
if you're angered by shitty people in edgy comedies you are a moron
>>
>>77957320
Not really
Remember when he gave Stewie herpes and then made a half hearted apology about it. The writers expect the audience to feel sorry for Brian while Cartman is deliberately made to be a nuisance
>>
>>77957320
This is the correct answer, because the writers wanted her to be well liked when she was anything but.
>>
>>77956273
Brian never wins though. The whole scale against him has shifted entirely. To the point where originally the Quagmire thing was a call out now just flat out torment.

If Brian at least scored the odd win itd be better. Or at the very least he should be allowed to kick a rapists ass
>>
>>77957444
Modern Brian is totally supposed to be a douchebag
>>
>>77956273
>she's a smart, beautiful, amazing woman
How many times has he used that line to describe a one episode long girl friend. Getting real tired of your shit MacFarlane.
>>
>>77957198
Remember, they had it worse than all minorities when talking to nonwhites but when talking to whites they consider themselves white, too, unless they're trying to guilt the white person.
>>
File: 1437541005164.png (104KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1437541005164.png
104KB, 444x250px
>>77957320
I wouldn't hate Su so much if she wasn't so self-assured and so hypocritical of almost everything all the time. Goddamn, how did Bryke not see how unlikable she was?

For example, one of Su's argument for convincing Lin to get over their feud was the fact that their mother got over it. I honestly cannot think of another character who got it easy as her.

Even in flashbacks her punishment, instead of being imprisoned like another person without nepotism, was living with her wealthy grandparents after she robbed a bank and insulted a police officer, who was her sister.

And Bryke expected the audience to sympathize with her?
>>
>>77956273
He is the worst person I know. He constantly hits on his best friend's wife. The man pays for his food and rescued him from certain death, and this is how he repays him? And to add insult to injury, he defecates all over his yard. And he's such a sponge. He pays for nothing. He always says, "Oh, I'll get you later" but "later" never comes. And what really bothers me is he pretends he's this deep guy who loves women for their souls when all he does is date bimbos. Yeah, I date women for their bodies but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of Catcher in the Rye and then lecture them with some seventh grade interpretation of how Holden Caulfield is some profound intellectual. He wasn't! He was a spoiled brat! And that's why he likes him so much...he's him! God, he's pretentious! And he deludes himself by thinking he's some great writer, even though he's terrible! You know, I should have known Cheryl Tiegs didn't write me that note. She would have known there's no "a" in the word "definite." And I think what I hate most about him is his textbook liberal agenda, how we should "legalize pot, man," how big business is crushing the underclass, how homelessness is the biggest tragedy in America. Well, what has he done to help? I work down at the soup kitchen. Never seen him down there! You wanna help? Grab a ladle! And on top of that, he acts like driving a Prius makes him Jesus Christ! Oh, wait! He doesn't believe in Jesus Christ or any religion for that matter, because "religion is for idiots!" Well, who the hell is he to talk down to anyone? He failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as his failure as a father! I wonder how's that son of his he never sees? But you know what? I could forgive all of that, all of it, if he wasn't such a bore! That's the worst of it. He's just a big, sad, alcoholic bore.
>>
>>77957149
THIS

I could forgive all of Brian's bullshit if he wasn't such a boring ass character.
>>
>>77956273
I fell that the best thing about Brian is that the writers don't try to make you like him unlike other loathsome characters.
>>
>>77956273
How about Roger from American Dad?
>>77958958
>He is the worst person I know.
Brian Griffin is a DOG.
>>
>>77956273
How about Roger from American Dad?
>>77958958
>He is the worst person I know
Brian Griffin is a DOG.
>>
>>77957111

>she is devoted to her family almost all of the time
She ruined thanksgiving because her son cooked better than her.
She grounded and yelled at Bobby for a lawn gnome related crime that he didn't commit.
She willingly killed a man and turned him into pork sausages.
She tried running away from her family with Mon Senior Martinez (that priest guy who shoots people from the spanish soap opera)
She hates cotton for being arrogant, when she's even more than him.
>>
>>77959459
>She ruined thanksgiving because her son cooked better than her.

now I hate Peggy, but she only became jealous of Bobby because of Hank treating Bobby's 'homemaking' as superior and more important than her's. Instead of suggesting they each have a bit of Bobby's roast in addition to Peggy's, he basically said her food was the same even leftover, ignoring that she had a weekly dinner routine, and that they should eat Bobby's delicious food instead. And so on with everything Bobby did--Bobby cleaned the couch and it had never been cleaner, Bobby fixed his jeans in a way Peggy never could, etc. And he gave Thanksgiving dinner--a huge event in their household that she's always done--to Bobby without even asking Peggy if it would be all right.
>>
>>77957320
>>77957320
>It's never worse than when the writers think they're admirable people.
Mabel Pines
>>
>>77959597

>abloo abloo I can't do something as good as my son, I'm gonna throw a hissy fit

Deal with it Peggy. It's not our job to cater to you.
>>
>>77957198
>Hanukkah specials on like half of every fucking cartoon and movie
Literally what?
And even if this were true, who the fuck cares?
>they use the holocaust to blanket every shitty thing they do today to pretend they have it bad like the blacks.
I keep seeing anons say this shit but have yet to see it anywhere.
>>
>>77960251
>no reading comprehension whatsoever

Okay Lucky
>>
>>77959329
Roger is at least fun to watch
>>
>>77959597
>sees her husband encouraging and supporting their child, who they both know has a problem with underachievement and lack of motivation
>gets jealous of her own son, spazzes the fuck out, ruins a holiday
Mother of the Year.
>>
>>77956273
Brian was a bit annoying but still funny early on. Then he became more of a mouthpiece for Seth. Now he is god awful.

>>77957027
Early to mid Quagmire was always just presented as a sexual deviant. It was his whole thing. After the episode where he said he hated Brian (which came out of nowhere and was never even hinted at before) he became more and more of an asshole. But usually just toward Brian.

Peggy gets her comeuppance often enough and like most of the characters on KotH is a asshole.

>>77957118
Cartman has always been an asshole. Since day one. They have never pretended he was anything else. He is supposed to be as terrible as possible.
>>
>>77958958
Thanks for the fucking steak.
>>
>>77959459
Wait when did Peggy fucking kill somebody?
>>
>>77959221
He's unequivocally a terrible person but Roger's shenanigans are actually entertaining so it's all good.
>>
File: 1359190701225.jpg (37KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
1359190701225.jpg
37KB, 192x171px
>>77963269
>That episode where Roger tricks Francine into accompanying him to his ex-wife's funeral so he can shave the luscious red hair from her corpse to make a new wig
>"I haven't been completely honest with you, Franny."
>>
>>77956273
He's not even top three in his own show.
>>
>>77958141
If it were a better show I'd wonder if the writers were doing it on purpose to show his mindset.
>>
>>77958610
>insulted
and Assaulted
>>
>>77956273
The sad thing is that at the beginning of Family Guy, Brian was actually an okay laid back character with the wacky premise of being the voice of reason despite being the family dog. Now he's just a whiny liberal faggot.
>>
>>77957118
I'd put Cartman in the same camp as Shake and Carl from ATHF.

Yeah, they're assholes on a galactic scale, but not only are they hilarious, but they always get fucked in the end, so you never feel like they got away with it.
>>
>>77962632
This.

The fact that he-man Hank was okay with Bobby being good at housework's a fucking landmark in that part of Texas.
>>
>>77958610
B-but poor Su just wanted mommy's attention :(
>>
>>77957444

Audiences were supposed to sympathize with early Brian

Audiences are pretty much expected to hate modern brian

I don't know how you can watch the herpes episode and think that they are trying to show him as sympathetic
>>
What really turned me against Brian was the episode where he writes a "Self Help" book, lets fame go to his head, becomes a self centered egotistical jack ass, and takes it all out on Stewie. Even when he humiliates himself on Bill Maher's show he can't even make a proper apology to Stewie. Even after embarrassing himself in front of millions of television viewers, he can't ever admit he was in the wrong.

He is also the worst example of a typical mainstream liberal hypocrite.

He claims that he wants to reach out to the common man, and then puts down "Red Neck" comedians who do a much better job at being able to reach out to the people that Brian thinks he's above in the first place.

Let's face it, Brain Griffin is a douche bag!
>>
>>77958610
>Goddamn, how did Bryke not see how unlikable she was?
If you replace "older sister" with "father", it all adds up.

>Be a shitty kid
>Strict Sister/Dad disapproves
>Move out and burn that bridge
>Create a cartoon where a character who looks just like you beats up an evil dad, who is trying to impose his views on everyone else
>Shitty kid is now successful, which they feel validates their behavior
>Sister/Dad isn't appreciating how great they turned out to be
>Make a cartoon where they see the error of their ways and apologize
>>
You now realize that Brian Griffin is literally Reddit

>pretentious
>arrogant
>can only date sluts
>liberal
>pro-gun, pro-weed, pro-choice
>brags about his achievements (DUDE HYBRID LMAO, DUDE WRITER LMAO)
>demands change in the world but does jack shit about it
>probably uneducated as fuck
>>
>>77970151
that's just /r/atheism
>>
Are you insinuating Brian Griffin is annoying? Maybe you right. But if think he's a bad person by Family Guy standards, get a little perspective.
>>
>>77970151

>you now realize

Dude they've been writing him like that for years. They're all common douchebag traits.
>>
File: triplarson.png (128KB, 464x352px) Image search: [Google]
triplarson.png
128KB, 464x352px
>>77962974
Pigmalion
When Trip was on the conveyor belt at the end of the episode, he told her to flip a switch. And in doing so it turned on all the machinery that slaughters the Pigs and Trip was killed by spike through the head.

What really bothered me, was they tried to turn the machinery off. But somehow Peggy in her infinite idiocy, couldn't find the switch she JUST pulled that turned the machinery on in the first place.
She's either the most forgetful person in existance, or she let him die.
>>
>>77958610
I hated Suyin the moment she started ranting how old-fashioned, traditional, and outdated the Earth Kingdom monarchy is while pledging loyalty to the Earth Queen and pretty much ruling her city as a Matriarch with her husband and children as the Royal Family. I mean, is this woman serious? How is she any different from the very system she claims is corrupt?

And only goes down from there. The audience latter finds out that she:

>Proclaims to be a changed person, that her checkered past is behind her, but continues to harbors fugitives, a serious crime when it involves pirates and terrorists.

>Claims she’s progressive, that technology should be the driving factor of nations, yet Zaofu is completely isolationist, doesn’t share its inventions/discoveries with the outside world. And when Earth Kingdoms is suffering a political crisis, decides not to intervene.

>Is willing to forgive her son, a person responsible for designing a weapon of mass destruction, and advocated the more violent approach of the Earth Empire. Yet, is utterly ruthless to Kuvira, a person she admits is a daughter to her, by attempting to assassinate her, disowning her, claiming she no longer a citizen of Zaofu, and stating to Kuvira she will pay for her crimes.

How can anyone see her as anything but a selfish, petty person?
>>
>>77963269
Plus canonically being a good person actually causes him to start dying.
>>
>>77970151
>pro-gun
What?

The Texas episode had him being disgusted by loose gun control.
>>
File: image (12343).jpg (90KB, 450x630px) Image search: [Google]
image (12343).jpg
90KB, 450x630px
I think what makes a character really loathsome is when the writers don't know they're awful.

It's one thing to write a character as being a piece of shit, but it's far more infuriating when you know the character is meant to be a sock puppet through which the writer is trying to lecture the world on his own beliefs, which are horrible and childish.

In terms of Brian vs Lisa, I hate Lisa more simply because she's a sock puppet for idiots on the writing team, who's treated as being able to do no wrong - and even if she did, it's because she was right all along. Brian just began as being unintentionally a liberal dumbass mouthpiece and then played up as being a terrible person when they realized fans viewed him that way.

Cartman follows the same rule. He's intentionally supposed to be evil and selfish, so it's not really annoying, exactly. It may be, but it's not like it tracks back to real life in any meaningful way.
>>
>>77970609
>But somehow Peggy in her infinite idiocy, couldn't find the switch she JUST pulled that turned the machinery on in the first place.
Maybe the on and off mechanisms are separate.
>>
>>77963349
That's how I want the series to end.
>Roger turns to Francine.
>I haven't been completely honest with you.
>Pulls off Head
>It's Live Action Alf
>Series cuts to black, Soprano Style.
>>
>>77957198
>bad like the blacks
lol
>>
>>77970609
Fairly certain they tend to be labelled. Even worst is that he come back to his sanity just before his death, poor dumb bastard.
>>
>>77957027
>Quagmire
I remember when my cousins heard about the Cleveland show, they went "Quagmire should have had a show!" and I was sitting there, thinking, "You want a character who only has sex to have a show on a network that can't show sex scenes?"
>>
>>77966431
Shut-up you no better Quagmire.
>>
File: sad-homer.jpg (69KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
sad-homer.jpg
69KB, 567x425px
>>77956273
Brian is supposed to be despised at this point.

Lisa is supposed to be praised.
>>
>>77970609
When somebody's about to die with allot of loud noise, people tend to panic and not think right.
She probably let him die, or just panicked.
>>
Brian Griffin is worse than all the rest just because it's so painfully obvious he's a Mary Sue self-insert for Seth MacFarlane.
>>
I gotta agree with OP. The humor about Cartman is that he is despicable, and while Peggy is a loathsome character, she doesn't serve as the voice of reason.
The worst part of Brian is that since his role was the voice of reason, he eventually become the pretentious voice of seth, and he is able to get away with more things than Lisa.
>>
>>77978451
>>77977779
Brian stopped being written sympathetically several seasons ago.
>>
>>77957118
Cartman, Master Shake, Roger the Alien...they're the wild cards. They are assholes, but they allow the writers to write dialogue and situations that a character with sense and tact wouldn't say or do.
>>
File: lisawholedamnsystemiswrong.jpg (55KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
lisawholedamnsystemiswrong.jpg
55KB, 500x385px
>>77975780
it isn't fair.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.