[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on a series that had nothing to do with the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Mightyduckslogo_930.jpg (15KB, 249x265px) Image search: [Google]
Mightyduckslogo_930.jpg
15KB, 249x265px
Thoughts on a series that had nothing to do with the movie?
>>
>>77949451
as a fun action cartoon, it was pretty great. Basically if you took out the primary goofenders (the broomheaded chick with the extra chromosome and the chameleon guy trying very hard to be the genie but failing to be anything but irritating) it would be perfect. Just that right amount of 'this kicks enough ass that we don't care if the premise seems silly on its own'
i also seem to remember an episode where mullet-michelangelo and brad garrett duck were having a chat about how one cartoon dog can be anthropomorphic and another a regular dog, and concluded that it was no stranger than themselves resembling the ducks on earth but being closer in most ways to humans. Except the way they said it was retarded. But whatever, they shot glowing pucks at bad guys. They had awesome armor and machines and shit. it was a good time.
>>
>>77949451
It had Tim Curry, Tony Jay, Clancy Brown, and Frank Welker as primary villains. 10/10
>>
>>77950582
yeah that always hit me too. as a kid i was like "oh man it's that one badguy that's always the bad guy.. oh dude there's the other. oh shit there's that OTHER one. jesus it's all of them"
>>
>>77949451
It was pretty awesome. I dug the movies as a kid and the series with space ducks didn't bug me in the slightest, because it was that kind of awesome shit kids dig and dream about.
>>
>>77951529
fuck yeah dude
>it starts to seem silly that they adorn their vehicles with duck bills. like, we dont do that with human faces
>then you realize that is a hockey mask their vehicle is wearing
>Awesome
>>
Toys back then were such a joke. sad things havent changed much
>only release one female figure, if any
>re-release the main heroes 5 times in different kinds of gear
>barely release the villains at all, and if you do, they're offmodel and wildly out of scale

i have no idea how they sold, but i do know that disney paid the voice actors -three times- because twice they had to re-record a couple lines of dialogue because someone had neglected to run anything past the legal department and they had something trademarked in there. and each time they came back in, they got paid for the whole series again
shitty to hear about money like that being wasted when we're so short on it today. but that defines many aspects of the 90s doesnt it
>>
>>77949451
I thought that the duck shaped hockey mask was badass af.
>>
>>77949451
kick ass opening song.
>>
>>77949451
I used to live in Anaheim
this was my favorite fucking show
it got me into hockey
>>
>>77953374
Damn right.

>dat sweet group shot at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPQJvM8IvI
>>
Why were they hockey themed space heroes? Someone had to come up with that and someone else had to approve it.
>>
>>77954380
because hockey is cool. it's violent.
i'm just disappointed they didnt use like, energy-charged hockeystick naginata in combat
>>
>>77954431
>because hockey is cool.
Damn straight anon. I rate hockey as the best sport for multiple factors.

>>77953833
>it got me into hockey
Same here.
>>
>>77954122
Man that was amazing. I mean, for The Mighty Ducks.
I wish there were shows like this now, wow.

I mean its like taking the concept of Home Alone and it comes out as Kids Next Door.
>>
>>77954796
i mean sports are gay but at least the goal-based ones are pretty fun in their own ways. satisfying. moving shit around trying to get it into a goal.. yeah. fuck the third dimension
>>
The fact that the new shithead owner of the Ducks changed the entire color scheme and logo still makes me mad and I will never not be mad. The way that they always sell out of retro Ducks gear attests that there are many other people who feel the same as I do
Hell, that spineless fuckstick made the new third jersey logo the same as the Disney Ducks, just set against an orange primary. What a joke
>>
Well, it was the 90s. A time of excess and experimentation where syndicated action cartoons could be entertaining while also being 22 minute toy commercials. A time where everything was XTREME yet animal mascots were still trendy.
>>
It was silly and had nothing to do with disney ducks
Otherwise breddy guud
>>
>>77955156

What did they change it into?
>>
>>77955335
This was the Ducks at their inception, when they were owned by the Disney people
http://nhluniforms.com/Ducks/Ducks01.html

And this abomination is what the new owner decided on
http://nhluniforms.com/Ducks/Ducks08.html

You can see that the second set is much, much worse
The newest ones are slightly better: http://nhluniforms.com/Ducks/Ducks12.html
>>
>>77955156
diehard hockey fag here.

The ducks had to change their appearance after Disney sold them.

Hence the renaming from Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to the Anaheim Ducks.
>>
>>77955497
From my understanding that was much more at the behest of new ownership. He wanted to make the franchise "grow up", which meant add a bunch of black and a boring as fuck wordmark logo
>>
>>77955526
Yes and No.

The new owner wanted to distance his team from when Disney owned it. The colour change was his idea. There were some concept jerseys that displayed the original name and logo. Disney came in and said "fuck no son unless you want us to send you back to the minor leagues from where we brought the team from originally."

Hence the name and logo switch.
>>
>>77955578
But the ducks have been selling merchandise with the original logo and name for years now. Their team store is always awash in green and purple at the start of the season before it all sells out. Their new third is also the old logo set to the new colors
>>
>>77955578
so howcome theyre using both logos now
>>
>>77955449

da fuck is that emblem?
>>
>>77955598
>>77955601
I'm not a ducks fan, so I wasn't aware they've been selling the old logo again. Guess that means that Disney and the owners came to a deal for profit splitting?
>>
>>77955678
Everything I pull up says that ownership lost name rights only, since the team was named after a movie franchise owned by Disney. The logo was entirely up to the new guys to figure out
>>
>>77955790
Really? I'll admit I was wrong then.

I figured that Disney owned the logo and the name after the sell.
>>
>>77955678
They never lost the rights to the logo. They just chose not to use the old one anymore to rebrand. It wasn't a legal matter. I don't know why people keep saying that.
>>
>>77955921
Yeah they still even use Wild Wing as their mascot. I don't think the iconography is that big of a deal to Disney.
>>
File: duke5.jpg (98KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
duke5.jpg
98KB, 450x333px
>>77949451
Best duck coming through.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.