[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You deranged prick. You’ve never loved anyone in your repulsive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_ny7z80wWvr1rl53x2o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny7z80wWvr1rl53x2o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x280px
I fucking love this. This is perfect.

Why? Because Kilgrave is a complete monster. Everyone knows it, including the narrative of the show. He is stated to be a rapist. Those who survive their encounters with him have PTSD. Some are wrecked beyond their ability to recover, physically or emotionally. He is a destroyer of lives…and the show demonstrates this by taking the toxic trope of the alpha male to its logical extreme.

Zebediah Kilgrave fits the mode of the alpha male amazingly well. He’s rich. He’s physically attractive. He has a Tragic Past in that he has been poor and unloved. Most of all, whatever he wants people to do, they do. They cannot help but obey. This is his defining characteristic. You want to do this, he tells people. You love Chinese food. You want to invite me in. You want to play your cello for me–or donate both kidneys. You want to commit murder. You want to kill your parents and smile.

And he stalks, emotionally abuses and rapes the heroine…while he frames his behavior as loving and romantic. It does not occur to him that taking away a person’s will and compelling them to eat what he wants, wear what he wants, move as he wants, and fuck as he wants are all violations. The last example is literal rape; the rest is psychological.
>>
File: tumblr_ny7z80wWvr1rl53x2o2_500.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny7z80wWvr1rl53x2o2_500.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>77944441
More often than not, the rich alpha male with the Tragic Past who falls for the seemingly ordinary person (who is, of course, actually extraordinary) will be treated as the romantic hero. Look at Hannibal. Look at the Fifty Shades series. What does it say when so many romances in books, movies and TV present controlling the other’s behavior, manipulating their thinking, and relentlessly pursuing someone who clearly wants either a break or to flee outright as protective, guiding and passionate? What does that do to the audience’s perception of what love is supposed to be like? How much toxic entitlement do those stories reinforce?

Aside from his mind control being literal instead of figurative, Zebediah Kilgrave is not unusual. He is an example of a common type in fiction The only unusual thing about Kilgrave is that–for once–such toxic behavior is not normalized, and the narrative presents him as the destructive, damaging, manipulative monster that he is.

This is the first time that I can recall not only having the narrative agree with me that a person like Kilgrave is primordial slime, but also having it point out that the media reinforces the image of control, manipulation and emotional abuse as loving. Entitled assholes like Kilgrave are scum…but they are not operating in a vacuum.
>>
File: 1445532997372.png (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1445532997372.png
53KB, 625x626px
good grief
>>
Is this some tumblr copypasta or what?

Why are you posting it?
>>
>>77944460
because I fucking love this. it's perfect
>>
>>77944441
>alpha male
Stopped reading here to be honest family. Come up with a more compelling argument than the latest social media buzzword and then maybe we can have a discussion.
>>
>>77944445
>>77944441

...I love that SJWs got associated with tumblr because it makes people who don't realise how many jessica/kilgrave shippers who think kilgrave is just a misunderstood woobie there are on tumblr.
>>
>>77944441
>ucking love this. This is perfect.
>Why? Because Kilgrave is a complete monster. Everyone knows it, including the narrative of the show. He is stated to be a rapist. Those who survive their encounters with him have PTSD. Some are wrecked beyond their ability to recover, physically or emotionally. He is a destroyer of lives
Absolutely, it's what makes him such a compelling villain

>the show demonstrates this by taking the toxic trope of the alpha male to its logical extreme
Never mind, stopped reading
>>
>>77944445
>What does that do to the audience’s perception of what love is supposed to be like?
Any idiot stupid enough to be influenced by TV, fiction at that, is a lost cause to begin with.
>>
>>77944441
Im not a tumblr feminist , neither im looking for this kind of bullshit on my entertainment, but even to me it was obvious this series was "Jessica Jones vs the Patriarchy". It wsnt even subtle about it, which is meant for the masses to digest it and love it... and it works.

>>77944445
People love their alphas, its the way we are. deal with it.
>>
File: 1343549937726197437.png (437KB, 728x934px) Image search: [Google]
1343549937726197437.png
437KB, 728x934px
>>77944460
Yes
>>
>>77944684
I love how Jessica fights the patriarchy by taking it in the ass from a big, black man because she is so in charge of her own sexuality.
>>
>>77944696
We might as well call Japanese Moot and tell him to just shut down the boards until Wednesday, all they're here for is bait, trash and win o' clock
>But cartoons
Bait, trash and win o'clock
>>
What is it with these over analysis of the most obvious parts of a show?

It's funny cause the whole "Malcolm is saving Jessica the same way she saved him" at the end of the series goes over their heads cause they are so focused on the "See?! PTSD and rapist" part.
>>
I remember talking to someone about this show and she hasn't seen it yet, but she kept going on about "So I read about how the guy tells her to smile all the time, and I was like, "FUCK YEAH" this show is bringing up such a big message" She also wants the MCU to introduce gay men, not lesbians mind you, so that it would rock men's world to see gay heroes.
>>
>>77944441
>the scrawny rat looking brit who sounds like a chiwawa and acts like a 10 year old
>typical alpha male
the guy was an innmature creep, he was not an alpha in anyway
>>
>>77944441
>>77944445
Too bad Kilgrave isn't a deconstruction of the rich Alpha Male archetype. He's very obviously a spoiled manchild who gets off on abusing people. He's not the alpha male taken to the logical extreme, he's the bully taken to the logical extreme.
>>
So what's /co/ general consensus on the show?
Personally I thought it was pretty good,Pic related was the my favorite character. Though i do dislike how quickly they threw simpson under the bus
>>
>>77944810
Malcom, Red Pilled Cap and Trish were best characters.
>>
>>77944444
>>
>>77944684
>but even to me it was obvious this series was "Jessica Jones vs the Patriarchy".
Thing is, there are deeper themes in the show, like how Hogarth was almost as bad as Kilgrave in her self serving attitude, or how Malcolm was starting to learn that he shouldn't bother helping superheroes cause that ends up getting yourself killed, but no, let's talk about the SUPER OBVIOUS "JJ vs. Patriarchy" shit.
>>
>>77944441
So he's 50 Shades of Grey.

No wonder bitches love him.
>>
>>77944804
>chiwawa
lmao
>>
>>77944441
>rapes the heroine
You have my complete attention.
>>
File: 1442987240054.jpg (32KB, 555x639px) Image search: [Google]
1442987240054.jpg
32KB, 555x639px
lord have mercy
>>
Kilgrave is depicted as childish, not "Alpha"

I don't think "tumblr" even knows what an Alpha male, an Alpha makes you want him, naturally.

not with magic powers.
>>
>>77944810
What gets me about simpson is, he was right. Even with all of Jessicas efforts Hope was killed, and killgrave ended up dead.
>>
>>77944810
I thought there was a lot of good, but also a lot of bad. Their Luke Cage was perfect, and I really liked Trish (then again, I had a crush on Rachel Taylor back during Transformers 1). Episode 8 was great.

But the biggest problem with this show is 1) Too much of the story was just the hunt for Kilgrave, which lead to repetitious plots like capturing him 3 times and letting him go 3 times, 2) Death was just shock value for the audience instead of actually mattering to the characters in the show 3) The ending was rushed. I mean, the dock looked more like a studio set than a dock. It's very obvious that they ran out of time before they knew how to end the show so they just had that bullshit climax. Kilgrave should have taken over the radio station would have been a better climax.
>>
File: 50ShadesofGreyCoverArt.jpg (47KB, 275x414px) Image search: [Google]
50ShadesofGreyCoverArt.jpg
47KB, 275x414px
>>77944441
>>And he stalks, emotionally abuses and rapes the heroine…while he frames his behavior as loving and romantic
>>
>>77944886
the dumb thing was to have him for no reason turn on Jessica and her sister who he's banging because.. fight scene?
>>
>>77944886
she should have killed him as soon as he made the thing to free Hope. She had him right there and they were alone, I don't get why she waited.
>>
>>77944932
cause drugs are bad, dude, get with it.
>>
>>77944810
Honestly, it was pretty bad, and I expected to like it given the showrunner worked on early seasons of Dexter, which I liked.

The worst thing is, it turned out like Dexter, just later Dexter season, y'know the kind without a strong villain to support the show, good pacing, good dark humor, actually exciting moments and climactic moments like, say, final dialogue with Trinity.
>>
I loved him. David Tenant was spot on when he said that Killgrave has had this ability his whole life and doesn't understand how unacceptable his actions are and he must be frustrated by the fact that he can never tell if someone's being genuine or just doing what he says.
>>
Ha, I love it, how do you get /co/ to side with Twilight Tweens and Fity shade fans?

You show them a tumblr post about how the characters in those books shit. /co/ become so predictable its not even fun anymore
>>
>>77944854
Bitches love him because they think they're watching the Tenth Doctor and get confused.

The "Alpha" buzzword is such fucking bullshit. I can't get over how it's taken from as study on wolves that the researcher himself has long retracted, he keeps trying to debunk it himself but people are retarded and just love inane cutesy buzzwords to describe romance novel characters.
>>
>>77944707
Yeah, a woman who is in charge of her own sexuality should just never have sex at all. Cause having any sex whatsoever means she is being dominated.
>>
>>77944441
I am disgusted with how attracted I am to Kilgrave now. He went from creepy to bangable over the span of like 3 episodes. And he's still bangable. I need help.
>>
So this is what it's like when one thinks one's entire life view is validated by a television show. Creepy stuff.
>>
>>77944460
because>>77944456
>>77944876
>>
>>77945119
>if you're calling someone out on their bullshit you're siding with the opposition
Is this bait or are you just an idiot?
>>
>>77944651
This 2bh
>>
>>77944651
>Kilgrave
>compelling villain
>>
>>77944932
because he was right but deranged.
He and Jessica were foils of each other. Both were trying to help others not for a genuine sense of justice and altruism but for their own redemption. Both were totally consumed with their goal, their road to salvation.
Simpson was so obsessed with killing Kilgrave that he turned against his friends and girlfriend and past comprades.
Jessica was so obsessed with saving Hope, seeing herself in Hope, that she never cared for the other future victims of Kilgrave that she might save by killing him.
Ultimately Simpson falls while Jessica realizes she's an asshole and starts putting others before herself deciding finally to kill kilgrave.
>>
>>77945107
Except the part where he buys Jessica a house proves that he absolutely does know the difference. And what kind of retard would he have to be to think "man, I truly wonder if all those people wanted to kill themselves"
>>
>>77944810
Killgrave wasn't even purple 0/10

Fine, 4/10
>>
>>77944810
Detective work: 0/10
Symbolism: 0/10
Pacing: 0/10
Blocking: 0/10
Banter: 3/10
Sexual content: -3/10 (for being worse at it than network TV)

Overall score: 7/10
>>
>>77945554
Oh, I'm sorry did you not get that the whole post was about how Kilgrave is an accurate portal of what all those Twlight dips like about their lead male. I get that your not very smart but you at least know how to read don't u?
>>
>>77945949
Detective work gets a 7/10 for me. Accurately describes what a PI actually does, -3 for not showing the mind numbing tedium
>>
>>77945958
I take it as the latter, then.
>>
>>77945689
Kilgrave was pretty fucking retarded, m8.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.