[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the upcoming Batman telltale game will be any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: D15L1ZY.jpg (254KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
D15L1ZY.jpg
254KB, 1200x1350px
Do you think the upcoming Batman telltale game will be any good?
>>
Bruce will remember that XDDDD
Your so funny.
>>
>>77943101
thx
>>
>>77943003
It will be like any other Telltale game. Good if you enjoy them.

It'll be a pretty well written visual novel with minimal gameplay.
>>
>>77943133
>visual novel
but its not japanese?
>>
>>77943153
No but it's an apt description. Alternately you could say it's a choose-your-own-adventure novel. Like those, your choices will either prematurely end the game or get you minor changes (extra/altered scenes) while still following the same story path.

Whatever you want to call it, it's hardly a game. And I say this as someone who generally enjoys Telltale's stuff.
>>
>>77943003

>Playing with those intrusive reminders of information that's self evident.

Anyone who plays with those tooltips on has no understanding of what it means to make decisions in a story driven game.

I'm really glad they let you turn that shit off.
>>
Depends on who you play as.

Batman or any of the family would be bad. A new Robin could be interesting since that would flip the Lee/Clem dynamic whilst also letting you decide if your Robin is more like Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian or Stephanie (lol).

You could play as Gordon and this'll be a return to the move puzzle orientated style Telltale used to have.

If they keep the current engine it'll suffer a lot though.
>>
>>77943003
>telltale
>good
>>
>>77943179
>I'm really glad they let you turn that shit off.
how have i never noticed that you can do that
oh well, sometimes they hide jokes in them
>>
>>77943133
>It'll be a pretty well written visual novel with minimal gameplay.

Pretty good fit for a comic book then.
>>
>>77943182
You play as Batman. A big focus in balancing the duality of Bruce and Batman.
>>
>>77943187
Word. I enjoy them for what they are. Wolf Among Us in particular was pretty sweet as a Fables fan.

Still waiting for a season 2 of that.
>>
>>77943133
Could work, should keep in mind, Bats isn't actually a superhero, he's a vigilante detective.
>>
File: not this shit again.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>77943003
>another batman game
telltale is one of the many cancers killing vidya
>>
>>77943194
Well then that sucks.

It'll be the usual Telltale shtick as of late then, where they give you four dialogue options, but only one is actually appealing, interesting and actually fits the Bruce/Batman characters.

Playing as another character and having your relationship with Batman be based on how you interact with him would have been far more interesting than role playing as Batman. We just got through an entire game franchise playing as Batman, give us something different.
>>
>>77943212
That seems conductive to both Telltales' typical gameplay (lots of talking to people) and budget limitations.
>>
>>77943183
Their CSI____ games were good.
First season of Sam and Max was fine, but nowhere near Hit the Road.
The rest is shit though.
>>
>>77943266
Fug, forgot Wallace and Gromit. That was pretty good too.
>>
>>77943003
Do you like Telltale's game?

Then you will likely like it, again, with its new Bat-packaging.

Personally, I find it boring as hell. I'd rather spend the money on an actual book, even a shitty book set in whatever universe the TT game is using.

I'd rather have a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Bat-comic than another TTgame.
>>
>>77943003
If the last TT games are anything to go by... no.

Ive moved on to Strange Gentleman and their Kings Quest reboot myself. So much better.
>>
>>77943003
I liked it better when Telltale was relatively unknown
>>
>>77943003
It would be very painful
>>
>>77943179
Like half of those were jokes for Tales from the Borderlands. Jack even breaks the fourth wall to react to them.
>>
File: 1409233616182.png (379KB, 394x517px) Image search: [Google]
1409233616182.png
379KB, 394x517px
I just want more dank Clementine tbqh
>>
>>77943003
>Joker jumps on Batman and leans in to kiss him
>"Get off."
>Glass him
>Do nothing
>Kiss him back
>>
>Play Bruce as billionare playboy that says almost nothing unless it's an excuse to leave or a mandatory answer
>Play Batman as incompetent as possible
This is how you play a telltale game.
>>
>>77943003
>Telltale game that isn't Sam and Max

I didn't think it was possible to care this little
>>
I still can't fucking finish Game of Thrones because Telltale are cheap-ass fucking jew niggers who dick over last-gen console owners. The fact that there isn't more uproar over the PS3 version of the game just fucking REFUSING to start is beyond me
>>
>>77943003
I generally like their stuff, so yeah. Though I've only played SBCGFAP, TWD 1 and 2, and TWAU. Just got Borderlands in the last steam sale so I'll check that out soon.
>>
File: 1424390329359.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1424390329359.gif
2MB, 250x220px
>>77943003
>telltale game

I don't enjoy this kind of gameplay
>>
>>77947697
TFTB is actually better than the main story.
Last episode is GOAT.
>>
>>77943228
Pipe down ya faggot, i bet if they made a game of your favorite animu you would fangirl and shitpost all day on here.
>>
>>77943133

they are fucking adventure games, not visual novels.
>>
>>77945435
This. TellTale has been trash since Back to the Future.
>>
>>77947951
Same and Max was the last actual adventure game they made.
>>
TT has ADHD.

Where is Wolf Season 2?
Where is Walking Dead Season 3?
>>
Best case scenario for this game would be if you don't play as Batman. Something like an interactive Gotham Central would be perfect.
>>
>>77943003

I thought Tales Of The Borderlands and Game Of Thrones were both excellent and The Wolf Among Us was good, so yeah, I'm hype for it. I mean sure, you gotta like the Telltale formula, but if you like lots of fanservice with some solid writing & plotting, it should be good.I've been hoping they'd make a Batman game sometime.
>>
>>77948166
You do play ad Batman thoug, they confirmed it.
>>
>>77948225
:(
>>
>>77943231
you aren't a batman fan your opinion means nothing
>>
>>77943003
>TellTale
>game
lol
>>
>>77943003
Yep
>>
>there are plebs ITT who never played TWAU
Telltale is great when they're doing their typical adventure game interpretation based on comics. Anyone claiming otherwise is just talking shit to keep their lips warm.
>>
If it doesn't have a Gotham City Sirens segment then its 100% certified shit
>>
File: CKH6FRpUAAAKYXo.png (375KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CKH6FRpUAAAKYXo.png
375KB, 600x600px
You just know there's going to be a "save the Joker" moment.
>>
>>77948100
The first few episodes of TWD were definitely still adventure games.
>>
>>77948122
>Where is Walking Dead Season 3?
You really want them to fuck the story totally up?
>>
>>77951589
As if they haven't done that already
>>
I'd like to see a TT GL game where you play as a rookie alien investigating space-crime, while learning to master your ring.
>>
>>77951510
QTE CPR
>>
>>77947737
>gameplay even

Choices don't matter, it's a movie at this point.
>>
>>77948166
I wanna play from Dick, Jason, Tim or Damians perspective

Also its totally gonna be set in the future of Gothman(the show).
>>
We had this discussion on /v/. If it's anything like their Game if Thrones series it'll be absolute shit.

For one, they give so little of a fuck they left a line of code in the most recent credits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WwbeQk1NIbQ

Also, despite the first few episodes working fine the later episodes, particularly the final, were bug ridden pieces of shit. I in particular had swords vibrating like comedy dildos, speech not happening and huge lag with in the battles.

TellTale have shown they can be good, but their efforts have been incredibly weak since The Wolf Among Us. They've gone from 'your decisions matter' to 'lol, pretend they do' VN fare with the thinnest illusion of choice. The action scenes are shit, the writing is awful and the graphics are weak.

They're just a shit company.
>>
>>77948166
No, that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>77952271
>but their efforts have been incredibly weak since The Wolf Among Us
Tales from the Borderlands proves otherwise
>>
>>77951510
>Let the Joker die
>Its considered a game over
>>
>>77947512

Aww son, I feel your pain. I've never been so angry at a video game. People on the forum have tried to defend it with 'last gen, lol'. But the first three episodes ran as well as TellTale games ever have.

The ending was fucking ruined.
>>
>>77952340

Yeah, man, I fucking loved Anthony Birch's shitty writing and the same generic gameplay we've had that's continuously been watered down.

I mean, who can forget this comedy gold scene. https://youtu.be/W2tLKjeOstg
>>
>>77952525
>Who can forget

I assume Anthony Birch.
>>
>>77952525
>Anthony Birch's shitty writing
You mean all 2 conversations, both of which are unimportant of the plot of it and unambiguously shat upon?
>that's continuously been watered down
What part was watered down? Telltale games have always been shallow as shit and TWAU had no more depth than TftB. Thinking otherwise just shows your bias.

>Spaced scene rip-off
I agree with you there, that was fucking shameless.
>>
>>77943003
I think it will be as good as any other batman graphic novel could be
>>
File: otp.jpg (2MB, 1200x2475px) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
2MB, 1200x2475px
>>77952344
You're playing as Batman, not as a self-insert moralfag.
>>
>>77951539
Not really.
>>
>>77952776
>bias
>against shitty games.

Yeah, I guess.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.