[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching Stakes, and I really fucking enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: stakes.jpg (59KB, 595x342px) Image search: [Google]
stakes.jpg
59KB, 595x342px
I just finished watching Stakes, and I really fucking enjoyed it. What did /co/ think of it?
>>
>>77942736
I didn't get how Marceline became a vampire again considering that VK's essence thing bit her from the inside, with the fangs going out.
>>
it was fun. jack shit happened as far as show development but meh, ive learned to not give a shit. Finn was fuckin hilarious.
>>
Taken as a whole it was pretty good. The first episode was kind of weak, but it was the setup so it can get a pass. All of the vampires were cool, Finn was funny, Jake was Jake, it was good.
Did it change or develop much? No, unless you count resolving the Princess King of Ooo plot, which is itself just reverting things even further to normal. I'm more willing to accept a return to normalcy if it takes eight episodes to resolve itself rather than 1-3. It's more like a single, well thought out episode, and that's fine.
>>
>>77942736
I kind of wish they didn't make Finn and Jake seem so useless during some of the fights. Especially the last fight.

I mean, I get they didn't know how to beat it, but PB was doing more against it.

It was good overall. But there wer ea few things that bothered me.

>PB and Marcy blushing everytime they said anything to each other
>Writing was weird and bad at times
>Marceline's whole soft rap thing about her and Simon was horrible
>everything getting status quo'd hard at the end
>>
It was a pointless waste of time.
-Finn and Jake not contributing one single thing to the whole adventure. (Except luring the Moon in by running away from her)
-Back to status quo, because the writers aren't smart enough for change
...Which makes it all totally pointless. Nothing changed, nobody learned anything, no moral, or anything of importance.

Which brings me to the worst thing about Stakes: the wasted opportunity.
It was 80 minutes long, that almost a feature length film. (e.g. The Iron Giant was 87 minutes)
I just expected them to treat it as such, make it an intense story with heart and emotions and adventure; not just make 8 individual, barely connected, single episodes.

But maybe it's my fault for having any expectations for current AT.
>>
>>77942736
Decent as its own thing. As Adventure Time it is appalling.

After running away from doing something other than the episodic grind the AT crew double down and actually commit to an arc.
>It's about MarcyxPB
>It's about Marcy/Simon 'feels'
>It's side lining the main characters
>In a show about those characters
>In the first proper arc despite people wanting an action arc that delivered since Lich

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind could or would defend this.
>>
File: 1437813176654.jpg (103KB, 914x713px) Image search: [Google]
1437813176654.jpg
103KB, 914x713px
I'm glad I stopped watching after that whole multiverse thing happened. When did this show go off into the deep end?

Was it the pandering?
>>
>>77942736
underwhelming. And the status qou being kept at the end made me rage
>>
Comfy as fuck. And the status quo being kept at the end made me think about the autists at /co/ frothing at the mouth because muh ever changin' universe and enjoy it even more.
>>
>>77942736
I liked it, /co/ hated it or I think they did hard tell with all the bitching about lesbians and bloby pics proving retcons.

>>77943291

Like this asshole, who just said a bunch of nonsence
>>
File: S7e14&15_titlecard.png (808KB, 1000x531px) Image search: [Google]
S7e14&15_titlecard.png
808KB, 1000x531px
>>77942736
the latest special was a million times better and only a 1/3 of the length
>>
>>77943413
Annnnnnnd here we go everybody. The AT damage control team is here....
>>
>>77943439
>what a pathetic hivemind that coincidentially doesn't share my opinion
>>
Lesbianshit
>>
>>77943439
Sorry I liked it I guess, and didn't care or agree with any complaint found on /co/ besides that talk rap.
>>
>>77943477
retard, at least complain about real shit
>>
>>77943462
How euphoric
>>
>>77942736
It was better than the rest of the season that's for sure (and no retarded singing bananas).
Annoyed that Finn keeps managing to become more and more useless as the series progresses. He's starting to become the Dan Hibiki of the series.
>>
>>77943378
>Was it the pandering?
The exact opposite. When they treat shit that in the collective headcanon of the fandom should have been more serious as if it was nothing, people left.
>>
I thought it was entertaining

Then again I dont give a fuck about a sequential narrative, so resetting to status quo is fine by me, the ride was entertaining enough.
>>
>>77943425
Yeah, actual emotions, actual adventure, character growth and it wasn't super cringy like Marcie's

Another problem is they keep doing triple takes, they did loads during stakes and they did one that episode where BMO grabbed that ball, did Adventure Time hire Michael Bay or something?
>>
I didn't laugh or smiled at all while watching it

Wasn't adventure time supposed to be fun?
>>
>>77942736
mediocre pandering to "muh marceline" fans.
Glad its over but just show they don't learn a shit and S7 still mediocre like 5-6S.
Also they nerfed Finn so Marceline can look good.
>>
Itbwas good. Most of the complains on this thread are pointless nitpicks of angry nerd virgins, that doesn't know shit about narrative and scream muuih status quoooo without paying atention to the moral os the arc.

Which is strange, because the reception here was really fucking good while it aried.
>>
File: tumblr_nypih6Nxg61s5r49oo1_1280.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nypih6Nxg61s5r49oo1_1280.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>Even Mike Inel acknowledges Huntress Wizard's existence more so than the crew working on the show
I'm not really a fan of this guy's works, find them extremely cheesy and bland, but it makes me angry to see Huntress Wizard be referenced by popular artist and yet be completely ignored by the writers.
>>
>>77942736
Mediocre at best, failed to follow up on what it started

The villains are neat but mostly wasted. We barely explore Marceline's past. All the development feels tacked on and not something learnt. Finn and Jake were pretty terrible. The ending was stupid
>>
>>77942898
>>Writing was weird and bad at times
This really stood out to me. At points the writing just really dropped off and was neither funny nor interesting
>>
>>77943904
>she appear in the fap bait
NO SHIT SON
>>
>>77943917
>We barely explore Marceline's past.
Fuck that shit. We know enough about her past. We don't need to know anymore.
>>
>>77943954
My point was more they set that shit up as doing something interesting with it. I didn't think that 20 second preview clip of her and Simon was actually going to be the only bit we got. It's like being teased with a cool fight and then barely getting it
>>
>>77943962
>I didn't think that 20 second preview clip of her and Simon was actually going to be the only bit we got.
So those parts of her meeting the human tribe and befriending and why she fought vampires doesn't count as exploring her past? You just wanted more Simon and Marcy shit?
>>
>>77944009
I was saying I didn't think that was the only bit we'd get of them.
>>
>>77944023
You honestly thought they were gonna reveal everything? They are always holding back when it comes to the immortal's pasts. Since there is centuries of background to cover.
>>
>>77943234
>It was a pointless waste of time.
and yet if you posted anything about how it was just gonna get status quoed in the end, everyone would get triggered.
>>
>>77943413
Abloo bloo someone doesn't think the first real narrative shouldn't be about some fucking side characters
Fuck OFF
>>
>>77942736
It explains all of Marceline's abilities and how she got them.
It resolves the KoO plot and reveals much of why there are no humans in Ooo.

The best moments are a few interesting fight scenes and really good jokes.
The worst moments were when they remembered their intended audience and overexplained or pulled punches.
>>
>>77944153
If they are immortal beings that share a thousand years of history and are far better developed than the main character, then yes.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n6b0tijyzp1snqo8m.gif (687KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6b0tijyzp1snqo8m.gif
687KB, 300x168px
>>77943904
I really wonder why, anon.
>>
>>77944153
>Crybaby calls people crybaby's
Sorry you have shit opinons
>>
File: 1433550449790.png (24KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
1433550449790.png
24KB, 812x732px
>>77944216
>if the writers can't actually write outside their comfort zone and have instead previously escaped into making superfluous back stories for the characters that tumblr also loved, then yes
Absolute hacks
I'm glad they changed the starting and the title. It showed very clearly just how lacking their ability and interest is in actually writing Finn and Jake.

The show has jumped the shark so often the shark is jumping other sharks. If they had any decency they'd just Fraiser it into a spin off about PB and Marcy. Don't drag Finn and Jake through the shit any longer. Let them be occasional funny cameos. The writters obviously can't handle them in any other capacity unless they invite a guest on to use them as a blank canvas for some pseudo art film shit.

>>77944254
>internet defence force has no meat to his retort and just calls names
Sorry you have shit for brains
>>
File: nopenothinghere.gif (5KB, 400x413px) Image search: [Google]
nopenothinghere.gif
5KB, 400x413px
>>77944262
Riiight. Let me think about how often the 08/15 sword-swinging protagonist was the least interesting thing in the show.
Ah, right. Always.
>>
File: Nia Big Eyes.jpg (77KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
Nia Big Eyes.jpg
77KB, 850x637px
>>77942736
Peppermint Butler is so adorable. I wish he could be in more episodes.
>>
What did we actually learn about Marcy?

She killed some guys for power who we only just found out about
She knew humans and never mentioned it (probably never will) who are now the fish people

How did Marcy change?

She didn't, that was apparently the point. You change in such small and pointless ways the writers can keep on being lazy and not talk to each other about what they are doing
>>
>>77944313
Let me guess you thought the show really came into its own with shit like Simon and Marcy right?
You're the problem here.

Finn and Jake were the central characters and the show was about whimsical adventures. They were personable devices with which to explore absurdly amusing environments and characters.

Finn and jake were certainly the back bone at one point but then feels fags like you who aren't 100% in it until there's drama and relationships started flocking and scaring away the kids and stoners. Happened with Avatar too and look how Korra turned out. So degraded and bereft of quality Nick, rushed it, refused to air it, then released it quickly and quietly on the internet.
You're a joke and when the show dies I bet you'll blame everyone else but you and yours.
>>
Links where?
>>
>>77944313
>08/15
Is that even a thing in English? Do people understand what you mean by it?
>>
>>77944490
Wenn Ich mit Leuten rede, die nicht begreifen wollen, dass man ihnen schlicht nicht zustimmt, ist mir das recht egal.
>>
>>77944525
If you're not really trying to communicate, why post anything at all?
>>
>>77944539
These are the death throes of someone who has outskilled. Just leave them be. They have a lot to think about.
>>
>>77944525
back to /b/ faggot. I bet you're one of those dipshits who use the word oldtimer when talking about vintage cars too.
>>
Where can I download it?
>>
>>77942736
Most people enjoyed it, it was pretty neat. I also loved everything except the weird E4 rap/song Marceline did; it felt really odd and misplaced.
I even loved the ending. Watching Bonnie on a flying couch with an axe in her hand, saving people trapped inside the cloud is most likely the best idea I've seen for several seasons.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.