[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega is selling TMS to Disney.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: tms logo.png (9KB, 260x164px) Image search: [Google]
tms logo.png
9KB, 260x164px
http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/248105-report-sega-cuts-full-year-profit-estimate-by-90-per-cent

Due to Sega cutting 90% of the company all of their non gaming units are being cut, Disney (mainly John Lasseter) is in talk with Sega to buy TMS to replace Disney's TV unit due to the TV unit's "abysmal quality" and that the unit is already closing down anyway (Paul Rugish who ran the Mickey shorts left to go back to CN to do the SJ reboot and the TV unit is no longer picking up any more TV shows, the last of their work will be in 2017), also TMS' DVD sales are week anyway with the only DVDs selling for them are old Warner Bros shows from the 90s which Disney is letting TMS keep.

Your views on this? This means TMS can do more projects like Blue Jacket Lupin III and we never have to suffer through the likes of LilPri & Aikatsu ever again just to get money to fund things like Blue Jacket, also new content for ABC & Disney XD as well.
>>
>>77941487
Sauce for the Disney-TMS part?
>>
>>77941605
It's in the OP, Sega cut off 90% of the company.
>>
>>77941605
OP is a nimrod that only reads what he wants to read. It simply says Sega is lowering their estimate of how much money they think they'll make.

>>77941487
Why don't you stop obsessing over this animation studio and go make some cartoons of your own, Famicom?
>>
>>77941674
You're so full of shit famicom.
>>
>be up at three in the morning
>see an article about your favorite studio
>immediately concoct obvious lies to give yourself an excuse to talk about it on an anonymous imageboard

Why don't you just eat a gun?
>>
>>77941750
>See an article about the parent company to your favourite studio that you only like because Disney sent most of the gruntwork for a children's tv show there to get it done on the cheap.
There is powerful autism at work, here.
>>
File: FUCK YOU 2.jpg (8KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU 2.jpg
8KB, 250x229px
Reminder that OP faps to Hamtaro, can't color inside the damn lines, and is a permavirgin likely over 30
>>
>>77941812
Go easy on him, he's retarded.
>>
>>77941706
No, it's said they are cutting 90% of the company due to costs.
Also at >>77941722
I am also not this Famicom person you speak of either.
>>77941750
That is not a lie, Go Nintendo is one of the most trusted news sites on the web.
>>77941806
TMS is not cheap, they are very expensive.
>>
>>77941812
No he does not, he does color inside the lines and he is not 30.
>>77941826
No he is not.
>>
>>77941826
Being retarded is not an excuse for wasting his life on this shit.
>>
>>77941874
He is not retarded.
>>
The article OP linked to doesn't mention TMS or Disney at all?

Even if it's true, why the fuck would a Nintendo website be covering it? It has nothing to do with video games.

>Disney TV unit's abysmal quality
Disney's animated shows have been consistently great for the past 5-6 years. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>77941890
No that was Rugrats X Simpsons, Hamtaro was part of a another crossover and it has no feet stuff in it.
>>
>>77941882
Then he is a functioning adult who wastes his life jacking off over old cartoons.
>>
>>77941938
Regardless of your opinion of it, it's been a very successful show with a large fanbase. There's no reason for Disney to think of it as a failure.
>>
>>77941915
Yes it does.

Because Sega makes video games for Nintendo systems.

>Disney's animated shows have been consistently great for the past 5-6 years. What the fuck are you on about?
That is 100% false, If that were the case then Disney Australia & Japan would of never shut down and shows like Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop & Gargoyles will still be on air with new episodes and 100% being made in Japan & Australia.

Theres a reason why John Lasseter wants to kill off the TV unit.
>>
>>77941915
If it doesn't meet Famicom's outrageous requirements then it automatically doesn't look good to him. He hates Korea and always has.

If you're interested you can find some of his posts on Toonzone. He also did some mucking about on TvTropes which surprise, has no actual credibility. If you ask him anything he'll link to some twitter post or say he got the information from an anonymous 2chan post.
>>
>>77941938
>Judging an okay show based on it's retarded fanbase.
Uaing this logic would make it hard to enjoy anything, all fandoms are trash.
>>
>>77941979
The guy who made it killed it & Paul Rugish left.
>>77941960
No he did not, that was from another guy, TMSGuy is not the feet guy.
>>77942009
Rough Draft/Orange say hi.

Also that info is true and 2Ch (text only, where the info came from) =/= 2Chan (image board).
>>
>>77942032
That was chicken, not duck and blame Google Translate.
>>
>>77942032
But Ducktales is being revived. It's hitting 2017.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ducktales-reboot-disney-xd-2017-1201441846/
>>
>>77942001
>Because Sega makes video games for Nintendo systems.
And what does that have to do with them owning a company that makes anime? Disney buys out an anime studio and anime starts being aired on Disney Channel. How is that in any way related to video games?

>and shows like Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop & Gargoyles will still be on air with new episodes
Do you even realize how retarded you sound? I'm not even going to bother coming up with a response to that because you've proven to me that you wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

>>77942016
What this anon said. >>77942036 You're just looking for reasons to hate it and not enjoying the show for what it is. If you judge everything based on its fanbase, then you would find very few things that are actually good. If you genuinely don't like the show, then fine but don't use the fanbase as an excuse.

>>77942067
>The guy who made it killed it
Ending the story the way he wants it to end is far from killing it.

This thread that already started off shitty is getting worse. I'm out.
>>
>>77942100
But it's CG Trash.

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2015/08/03/jim-hill-ducktales-reboot-is-cg-animated-darkwing-duck-and-kim-possible-reboots-could-follow/

They did pitched it to TMS but they were cut off very fast, this made Lasseter very mad.
>>77941956
Don't lie.
>>
>>77942139
It was part of the news story, also other then more Lupin III on ABC what were getting is more things like Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Mickey's Mouse Works/House Of Mouse, Bonkers & Gargoyles; Disney is allowing therm to still do Warner Bros stuff however.
>>
>>77942220
That is not from Famicom, he is not insane and that post was serious.
>>
>>77942262
You are Famicom, you are insane and that post was not serious.
>>
>>77942271
I'm not him, I know so since I work at WDTA.
>>
These are my favorite threads on /co/, bar none. No matter how much of a complete and utter loser I feel like on occasion, I see these and realize I'm really not that bad.
>>
>>77942306
Please don't lie.
>>
>>77942316
Famicom is light years better then Timbox and they are 2 different people.
>>
>>77942352
Don't start, we know thats fake.

What will it take for you to stop doing this?
>>
File: 1382245094517.jpg (410KB, 1189x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1382245094517.jpg
410KB, 1189x1424px
>>77942161
>But it's CG Trash.
It doesn't matter if you think it's trash, it's making profit and meeting deadlines and what do you do for them? Nothing, you don't write, direct, oversee or produce anything. You just make shitposts. Kids are eating up all the shows you hate and you're just complaining. Grow up? Stop watching television if it doesn't pander to you? You have a lot of options and if you hate flash and CG so much, why aren't you doing anything? What do you plan to do? Get off your fuggin duff. What kind of life are you living? What makes you think any of the stuff you say is true? Why on Earth would Lasseter give a fuck about the stuff you seem so fixated on? He does everything YOU don't do.

I can't imagine how much grief you probably bring your parents and yet they love you unconditionally carrying you through the thickest of trenches just out of the kindness of their hearts. When are you going to return the favor and make them proud for once? You wanna answer these questions my nigger or do you want to continue blissfully on your quest to achieve nothing?
>>
>>77942408
No, he'd probably just jack off.
>>
>>77942001
Lol all those shows ended well before Eisner left Lasseter even joined Disney
>>
>>77942403
That is 100% false, doing such things makes you a communist.
>>77942408
He left around a year ago.
>>
>>77942408
It couldn't hurt.
>>
>>77942366
Stop posting.
>>
>>77942413
No he did not, that was from Go Nintendo.
>>77942423
But people want those shows back.
>>
>>77942445
>But people want those shows back.
Not everyone agrees with you. At DTVA we tried market testing a Gummi Bears reboot and the only responses we got were "I'm Hungry" and "I want to watch Minions" one kid refused to stop playing Angry birds on his phone.
>>
>>77942427
>That is 100% false, doing such things makes you a communist.
You are a living argument for eugenics.
>>
>>77942525
Me too. Unfortunately CN and Nick are only just beginning to pander to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>77942485
I know that you are lying because TMS was already doing season 7 of Gummi Bears and it only got pushed back because of Blue Jacket.

https://twitter.com/telecom_anime/status/613521026551394304
>>
>>77942525
>>77942558
But that will make the US fail and China will take over.
>>
>>77942573
Naw it was because Nelvana was able to get the Care Bears lawsuit together and sue Eisner. It's in DisneyWar.
>>
>>77942573
TMS was planning on it and went to Disney for funding. When Disney went to market test it it was received so poorly by milennials that they cancelled it on the spot. They made 9 episodes at that stage but they will never air.
>>
>>77942616
TMS was controlled by an Uruguayan immigrant at that point.

Source: The Dumbing Of Age comments section, 2014
>>
>>77942607
>>77942616
That is 100% false, don't lie.
>>
>>77942631
We're all /Co/ here.
>>
>>77942631
http://www.tms-e.co.jp/
Read the latest press release.
Disney refuse to comment since the project was supposed to be secret but TMS broke the NDA.
>>
>>77942654
Please stop, I will stop posting if you stop.
>>
>>77942669
Don't believe me if you want. I shouldn't really be talking about this since it's a breach of contract but so many people worked on it that I doubt they'll trace it back to me.
It's a shame, it was really good. There are whispers that Disney will sue TMS.
>>
>>77942682
>I doubt they'll trace it back to me.
Those diapers you left in the street were likely thrown away or rained on, thus becoming a pulpy mess which was soon driven over by people who have jobs.

Nice covert operation, you faggot.
>>
>>77942769
I'm not famicom.
I'm actually fairly high up at Disney.
There's a story floating around DTVA about an illfated pitch for a Hamtaro reboot.
About 60 seconds in Bob Iger looked up from his blackberry and shouted "What the fuck ist this gay shit?!" and stormed out. Everyone else who was in that room was fired.
>>
>>77942805
Stop this at once, I will never post my cries for help here ever again.

All of this is fake, I was just crying for help.
>>
Buying TMS would conveniently obtain the only Hayao Miyazaki film that Dinsye did not own, Lupin the III: Castle of Cagliostro. Disney have actually already included that film in an Amazon-exclusive Miyazaki boxset this year.
>>
>thread still isn't deleted on either board
Jesus Christ this faggot has been spewing rumors as fact for years
He's "that kid at school" tier
>>
File: 1448788578986.png (597KB, 645x512px) Image search: [Google]
1448788578986.png
597KB, 645x512px
>>>/a/134360646
>>
>>77941487
Kill yourself, Famicom.
>>
>>77943048
No he has not.
>>
>>77942805
Damn, that sucks. I heard that the Hamtaro x Simpsons crossover is getting delayed another year by Fox because Laura proved too sexually intimidating for the test audience. Hamtaro can't catch a break.
>>
>>77943321
Don't start this again.
Please read >>77942820
>>
>>134360646
it won't work, Disney has literally absolutely no idea how animation structure works, especially not for TV and certainly not how to make it profitable, especially in an age where all they can think to do is put this stuff on cable channels as if cable TV isn't already a dead and decaying horse that no one cares about anymore, and getting a third-rate studio sold of from a bankrupt company certainly isn't going to change that, using Japanese studios to animate western productions barely worked during the height of western animation in the 90s, and it was never sustainable the industry was always fated to drop of when pencil and paper were no longer needed to make cartoons
>>
>>77945140
also greetings from /a/ you fucking degenerates
>>
>>77941487
>Due to Sega cutting 90% of the company all of their non gaming units are being cut, Disney (mainly John Lasseter) is in talk with Sega to buy TMS

No, he's not, none of that is in the article you just linked. I mean, I've seen sad autismal posting before, but this is just a special case of sad.
>>
>>77943412
Famicom64 please go
>>
>>77941487
>It's another Famicom64 makes up shit thread

>TMS animators blog about having fried chicken with the team
>In his autismal mind this confirms that TMS is working on the Ducktales reboot
>>
OP loves TMS so much that he'll imply that it isn't profitable just to make his lie work.
>>
>>77942161
Jogn Lasseter is mad TMS doesn't want to bother with them anymore? they're right though, they have no reason to want to work side by side with a company as incompetent as Disney
>>
>>77945449
Oh and that Sega Sammy would drop everything to support its video game division, the least profitable of all its assets! The thing that's actually caused them to reduce their bottom line from the article.
>>
since when did SEGA own TMS?
>>
TMS shill pls
>>
>>77945499
Since 1992
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.