[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not seeing the fascination or cool factor over Peridot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: psos.jpg (95KB, 1370x934px) Image search: [Google]
psos.jpg
95KB, 1370x934px
I'm not seeing the fascination or cool factor over Peridot. Seriously she has almost no motivating backstory that makes me sympathize or empathize with her. Her character design is very generic, and as a 'main villain', I generally don't care about her. It's not even clear WHY she's so obsessed with eliminating the gems.

If anything, the story of Jasper/Lapis is far far more interesting. Peridot should have been like a one episode or at most one story arc villain.
her character has been dragged out far far beyond anything to hold interest...Agree ? Disagree? Am I missing something?
>>
>>77939363
Severely autistic fanbase made of HSG carryovers who can make a mound of dirt into a mountain
>>
To put it more bluntly... her cheesy, cliche and poorly written "escapes" come off more like the Team Rocket folly of "We're blasting off agggggainnnn" The show should really be above such child like writing
>>
>It's not even clear WHY she's so obsessed with eliminating the gems.
It's been spelled out pretty clearly. She wanted to eliminate the Gems initially because they were interfering with her work, and later because they were preventing her from escaping the planet before the Cluster awoke.
>>
>>77939410
The show was doing that on purpose, they're supposed to be cliche because she's not a big bad. She's just a cubicle worker who got stuck in nam and is freaking the fuck out and trying to pretend to be cool and scary, which just makes her even lamer.
>>
because cute
>>
File: tumblr_nvs9xuR3BP1qemks9o1_1280.png (343KB, 925x616px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvs9xuR3BP1qemks9o1_1280.png
343KB, 925x616px
>>
>>77939363
>It's not even clear WHY she's so obsessed with eliminating the gems.
you're a retard
>>
File: 1444540626477.png (597KB, 700x879px) Image search: [Google]
1444540626477.png
597KB, 700x879px
>>77939531
I want them to be in a three-way relationship
>>
>>77940376
Peridot being possessive over Steven when it comes to Connie is good episode material.
>>
File: Peridot, scared in the bathroom.png (1MB, 1262x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot, scared in the bathroom.png
1MB, 1262x1139px
I didn't like Peridot prior to Catch and Release, but I appreciate her in the most recent four episodes. Prior to Catch and Release, she was mostly just a generic cackling villain. Since then, she's developed into a more rounded character and its fun to watch her character development as she works with the Crystal Gems.
>>
peri a cute
next episode when?
>>
File: 1437025808372.jpg (69KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1437025808372.jpg
69KB, 765x1024px
>>77939410
>Hating Team Rocket blasting off agggggainnnn's

You fuck off and never come back.
>>
File: 333.png (106KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
106KB, 332x332px
>>
>>77939363
>WHY she's so obsessed with eliminating the gems.

They kept touching her stuff.
>>
Antagonist =/= villain.
>>
>>77939425
It doesn't help that they're openly traitors to the Homeworld Peri is loyal to.
>>
>>77939425
The Cluster isn't awake, it's alarm clock is just close to ringing.
>>
>>77941607
A problem that would solve itself, once the Cluster awakes.
>>
Peridot is worst villain. She failed at every encounter and gets constantly beat up by the Crystal Gems. She even lost her robot arms and legs. She's nothing but a failure. Why would Yellow Diamond even think of taking her back?
>>
>>77941693
Is YD even aware of her existence? How many Peridots are there?
>>
>>77941693
They're clearly building up to Peridot becoming more respected and appreciated by the gems than she ever was on Homeworld after the Cluster is sorted with.
>>
File: Cry_For_Help_Sardonyx_02.gif (1MB, 368x207px) Image search: [Google]
Cry_For_Help_Sardonyx_02.gif
1MB, 368x207px
>>77939363
the story was not about her when she was a villian, she was just a jumping on point for different kind of stories that were not about her, like the whole Pearl-literally-raped-Garnet-arc. She didn't go into focus until after she became good which changed the entire dynamic.
>>
>>77941808
IT WASN'T RAPE, STOP FUCKING SAYING THIS FUSION IS NOT A METAPHOR FOR SEX, IT'S A METAPHOR FOR RELATIONSHIPS!

Garnet has explained this in the book, Malachite is an abusive relationship and Sardonyx after the first time was a relationship founded on lies.
>>
>>77941891
>Implying sex doesn't go hand-in-hand with intimate relationships.

Sex is like, one of the most important factors when it comes to maintaining a relationship, which you would know if you ever got laid.
>>
>>77942004
>He's had sex

Fucking loser.
>>
>>77942004

A romantic relationship, sure.
>>
>>77939363
She was just trying to do her fucking job, but they kept on getting in the way. So she and a warrior went to get rid of them so they can proceed with the mission. But that didn't work out so she got stuck on a planet that's about to be destroyed with virtually no way to get home, all the while the people she was trying to kill are hunting her down, to either kill her or imprison her on the doomed planet and remove what little chance there was of getting off of it before it explodes into a horrifying abomination.
And then she has to make the difficult decision of betraying her home to work with the enemy because it's her only chance at survival. And now if she succeed in stopping the cluster her boss is most likely going to kill her anyway because she ruined a project several thousand years in the making. No matter what she does, she's fucked.
She's lost her job, her home, and even her limbs.
Now she's nothing but a midget being kept on a leash by a violent homosexual and being ordered around by a slave.
you don't see how that's sympathetic?
>>
>>77941891
Fusion was a metaphor for sex and intimacy before Pearl raped Garnet, but not after. Afterwards it's different and totally not rape.
>>
>>77939482
Yeah, I don't think they wanted her last appearance to be genuinely threatening before they put her on the redemption path, so they played up the bumbling villain aspect for a while.
>>
>>77942168
It was never about sex, it was always about relationships. The only case of fusion being related to sex was when Greg fused his cock into Rose's verguba.
>>
>>77941693
You mean one of many technicians with zero comabt expirence isn't a match against war proofed veterans on an alien planet with most of her tech out of her reach?
I never would have guessed that
>>
>>77942223
Her blaster would have been pretty fucking devastating if it had hit them. Plus she handled herself pretty well until she tried the same things twice.
>>
Who cares about peridot's poor backstory?

Rose making Steven is a much stupider character move.

Consider:
Rose Starts a 1000 year war to protect earth against her own race's consuming it.
She doesn't destroy her homeworld, and they continued technological development and expansion, while her group dwindles to 4 gems, and they barely maintain the gem tech they do have.
4000 years is nothing to an immortal race, and there is clearly risk of home-world coming back for some retribution.
So obviously she decides to fucking end her own existence for a human/gem hybrid she doesn't even know is physically possible, through some unknown means, where the humans are one million times more delicate and short lived than her race, and doesn't even bother to explain to or prepare her remaining group for anything.

Peridots, and Lapis' idiocy is nothing compared to Rose's

With respect to bad backstory:
Jesus Fucking Christ, with Roses healing tears and tech to fix gems near effortlessly, I doubt that Homeworld would have fucking let her be as independant as she appeared to be.
She certainly would not be culturally classified as a warrior, or at least not a combatant.
Hell, gem culture would have developed where she (or at least her healing type) was a central pillar and she would have been indoctrinated into gem cultures home-world infrastructure.
So even if she did have an epiphany and decided to not continue the expansion at the cost of all other life, she would have either caused a civil war ON the home-world (not earth), and or swayed gem policy internally.

Goddamn, what little backstory we have is terrible and inconsistent
>>
>>77942431
>Goddamn, what little backstory we have is terrible and inconsistent
Did you expect good writing from a show where the mother of the main character had him because she shape shifted a uterus to carry him in? That sounds like it came out of a fan fiction. Knowing Sugar, it probably did.
>>
>>77942551
>she shape shifted a uterus to carry him in?
Was that in the show, or is that word of god?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.