[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is every movie Lex Luthor destinated to be a over-the-top wisecracker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: BOYS MNN.jpg (83KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
BOYS MNN.jpg
83KB, 620x465px
Is every movie Lex Luthor destinated to be a over-the-top wisecracker?
>>
>>77933128
I don't understand why they're not just having him play Lex like he did Mark Zuckerburg in the Social Network.
>>
>>77933220
Ok. Win.
>>
>>77933220
But he is.

Eisemberg has two strengths: Awkward loser and smug asshole. BvS allows him to play both.
>>
>>77933128
nah, jesse eisenberg is just a shitty actor much like nicolas cage.
>>
>>77933128
Maybe the audience will hate him bald.
>>
>>77933455
>implying

If he's even bald for a second in the final cut it's going to be as a bald-wig joke at the expense of Gene Hackman.
>>
>>77933128

The only way I see this working is if Eisemberg turns out to be Lex Jr and dies by the end of the movie.

Then at the end we see Bruce and Clark at his funeral shaking hands with suave bald Lex Sr. Then, as the two of them are walking away, the camera zooms in on Lex Sr's face and he gets this look like, "VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE."

Then it's Legion of Doom time, motherfuckers.
>>
>>77933573
This denial is just sad to witness. Nevermind the fact that everything he says in these trailers is Lex to a T.
>>
>>77933573
No.
>>
>>77933689
Pretty much. All his lines sound exactly like shit Luthor would say.
>>
>>77933739
It's less his lines and more so his voice. I wish he had a deeper voice.
>>
>>77933689
Problem is he's not anywhere near suave to pull it off. He's just Carrot Top circa Chairman of the Board.
>>
>>77933128
He's supposed to be like the embodiment of Marvel films.
>>
>>77933573
But he is Lex Jr. This has been said many times already
http://www.mtv.com/news/2340099/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-jr/
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/103900/20151106/jesse-eisenberg-shares-how-his-lex-luthor-in-batman-v-superman-will-be-different.htm
>>
>Is a Gene Hackman jokester when making public appearances
>Is Azzarello Luthor when he's in private

Are you guys really that short sighted?
>>
>>77933842
But anon wants Lex Sr. to show up and take over. That isn't happening.
>>
>>77933923
I get that. I just don't think Eisenberg can pull it off. He doesn't sound threatening or imposing at all.
>>
File: Jesse-Eisenberg-Lex-Luthor.jpg (71KB, 612x765px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse-Eisenberg-Lex-Luthor.jpg
71KB, 612x765px
>>77933128
How can people not see that he's just fucking with everyone? He clearly putting on an act to ruse everyone.

The real Lex will be at the end when he looks like this.
>>
>>77933956
Then stop trying to see him as an old money renaissance man, because that's not what they're going for.

They're going for insidious Silicon Valley power player, which is the face of modern billionaire ventures.
>>
>>77933793
Not at all, other than the hair, if you really push it. Carrot Top was all about being WHOA RADICAL DUDE back then.
>>
>>77934008
Thing is Lex shouldn't need that. He's right and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>77933128
So Disappointing, he's the worst part if the movie so far

Hype killer, I can't believed people are making excuses for this mess.

are these people Jews?
>>
>>77934025
>They're going for insidious Silicon Valley power player, which is the face of modern billionaire ventures.
But it's not Lex. That's the fucking problem. Lex needs to be charismatic in order to pose a threat to Superman. Jesse isn't charismatic at all. Mind you I'm still optimistic, but I think Snyder fucked up here.
>>
>>77934008
Eisenburg? More like HEISENBURG amrite senpai? topheh
>>
>>77934373
Its like Tommy Lee Jones and Batman Forever, skip the actual thinking and go for the flavor of the month that will fill the seats.
>>
>>77934008
He'll get kryptonite cancer, look like this, and then will get bad PR that he'll have to spin. The result will be a more ruthless lex. At least one can hope
>>
>>77933284
But we haven't seen any smug asshole in the trailer...
>>
>>77935039
He's a bit of a smug asshole talking to Lois.
>>
>>77934373
>Jesse isn't charismatic at all.
He is, just not as an imposing presence, but as a smarmy fuck.
>>
File: Pixel_scared.png (167KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pixel_scared.png
167KB, 640x480px
I am gonna be honest here, Man of Steel is my 2nd Favorite movie, I know its flawed, but its still incredible and everything I wanted it to be.
The 2nd BVS trailer was a work of art to me...

This 3rd trailer... loved it when I first watched, but something felt just a bit off... still like a lot of it... fucking LOVE Ben as Bruce...

But every time I rewatch it, Jesse is really bringing me down more and more...

I at least like 75% of movies I watch... and I own at least a thousand films, Ive never really faced a gigantic disappointment before... I'm really fucking scared... the trailer showed way too fucking much...
>>
>>77935077
Guy has somewhat of a point. We've only seen the public Lex. Though I'm still skeptical that he could be menacing. Time will tell
>>
File: 1340715775879.gif (526KB, 143x141px) Image search: [Google]
1340715775879.gif
526KB, 143x141px
>>77935212
>Man of Steel is my 2nd Favorite movie

Really? I mean I like MoS but, really?
>>
>>77935240
Not really. He's not public Lex talking to the Senator in his office or with Lois on the roof or studying Zod's body.

He IS going to be a over-the-top, catty motherfucker. Basically Zuckerberg on steroids.
>>
>>77935212
>Jesse is really bringing me down more and more...

same here, this might be a disaster
>>
>>77934008
>>77933573
>>77933842

Haven't they done this already in smallville?
Knowing this possibility is actually making it making it worse

And is Lex as a Jr already a canon?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.