[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: batman_telltalegames.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batman_telltalegames.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>"At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year. This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy."

It's finally happening. TT has found a new low.

I can't wait to get everyone he loves killed
>>
>>77920529

I'll be playing it. It won't be so bad.
>>
Huh, you know, this may actually be the solution to the Superman is too powerful to have in a videogame problem, put him in a game like this. Same with Flash.
>>
>>77920580
Those aren't real problems.
>>
the first thought I had was 'I hope there's a lot of detective shit'

after all, he is the World's Greatest Detective. Would be nice to have a big detective element in a batman game
>>
>>77920598
Game designers think they are.
>>
>>77920580

>Superman is too powerful

Hogwash he's able to have comic and TV series? Just give him the same kind of power cheat codes gave you in San Andreas.
>>
>>77920598
Those are problems. It fucks with a lot of things to have nigh-omniscient protagonists in vidya such as challenge, plot direction, power scaling, gamefeel etc.

The most conventional way is to make everything else also scaled up so it all seems normal like God of War, but then you get an assload of spectacle creep and it's shit and quickly becomes mary sue's wild ride like we had in the early 2010s.
>>
>>77920529
I can't wait to be lenient on the Joker and an asshole to everyone else
>>
Watch them make you play as a Robin.
>>
>>77920648
I am probably the only person in the world who would like that more than playing as Batman. Doesn't matter which Robin, apart from Jason.
>>
Well, it makes sense for Telltale to develop a Batman game. No choices you make in Telltale games affect the story, and no choices Batman makes in his life will ever bring back his dead parents.
>>
>>77920648
>>77920660
I want a game where you play as Dick and seduce DC women way more than I want another grimdark Batman game about shit villains like the joker or harley quinn
>>
>>77920529
being a small time hood or a GCPD officer would have had more potential for story telling imo
>>
>>77920634
i wonder how a game where you just can't die would work

i mean death in modern video games is not a big deal anyway, you have to replay maybe two minutes of content to get back to where you were and you have unlimited lives and in many games you auto heal if you aren't hit for a few seconds

why not just embrace the invincibility
>>
>>77920648
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPNZ6uF4yQ
Nope
>>
>>77920674
Telltale Presents: Gotham Central
>>
>>77920663
Pff- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Can we actually get Damian Wayne as the Robin this time around?
>>
>>77920634
Neither of those characters are omniscient, though. Or omnipotent.

A Flash game would be so easy to make I can't comprehend why one hasn't been made. They had that PS2 early alpha that looked totally fine.

For Superman the Returns game was going in the right direction but was seemingly rushed. It's not fucking hard. You just make a game about solving problems with your brain and large toolset of powers instead of punching them. The only problem with aa Superman game is that it wouldn't easily fit into the mold all third person games since the PS2 have slotted into, because it can't be just "traversal > combat > traversal". Batman had the Predator system to shake that up and do something uniquely Batman, why can't Superman?

Flash, however, does easily fit into that mold as again demonstrated by the PS2 alpha.
>>
>>77920648
I actually foresee it being from the perspective of a GCPD officer and basically be like Gotham Central: the Game.
>>
>>77920679
Wasn't there a Wario game with that concept? As well as Kirby's epic yarn.
>>
>>77920840
>wanting Damian in anything
Shit taste.
>>
>>77920840
>Damian Wayne with Bruce
Fuck you casual, save Damian for the Dickbats game
>>
>>77920897
Goddamn, I would love it if we played as Gordon having to deal with Batman's shenanigans.
>>
>>77920897
>>77921057
>What if we make a Batman game where you don't play as Batman?
Fucking retards
>>
>>77920529
so now we can 'decide' if for example barbara or dick dies?

and lots of alfred is disapointed moments?
>>
I want a "Grayson" 3rd person action game, with a focus on a Seduction feature.
>>
>>77920529
Dunno how to feel. I like TT and Bats but
TT made a shitty GOT and I love the books. Minecraft was also lame.
>>
>>77920529
I wish those faggots at WB/DC would just give someone else a try for once. Sure Batman games sell but maybe something else would sell too if you gave it a chance. Green Arrow and Flash are popular right now because of the shows, Nightwing or Batgirl might draw in the Arkham audience. Superman, Wonder Woman or even a Justice League game would be fine.
>>
>>77921254
Yeah they've been losing it for quite a while now. I don't know what's happened with them, but the trust is gone. I'll see how the reviews go after all the eps have been released.
>>
>>77920634
Asura says hi
>>
>>77921254
don't focus on the bad, Sam and Max were great, as long as they don't go too 'Arkham' with it it could be really good.

given the humour in the Sam and Max games, it might be better to do a Tell Tale Batman series set in Adam West Bats era.
>>
>>77921254
How the fuck could you expect either of those to be good?

They were completely hamstrung with Game of Thrones. NO ONE could make a cool and epic story under the conditions of "you can't have anyone important or interesting do anything important or interesting". Minecraft is trash for babies and autists.

They've done a good job with every recent project they've done that a sane person would expect anything good from.
>>
>>77920931
yeah Wario Land 2 on the GBC had the whole you can't die thing, which was a bit weird as you could die in Wario Land 1 and it was never explained how he became invincible. . . .
>>
>>77920529
Gross, Telltale is garbage
>>
>>77920840
No anon you're going to have Tim with a O'Donnell face and you're gonna love it.
>>
>>77920529
All those games are the fucking same. The telltale formula has gotten old like 7 games ago.
>>
>>77921054
Any non-comic version of DickBats and Damian will probably be garbage since no one seems to get it. See Bad Blood.
>>
>>77922564
While you're not wrong, do people really play enough of them to get sick of them? I treat them like the Lego games.

All the lego games are pretty much the same, too. You play one after another and you'll get burned out extremely quickly. Hell, you'll usually get burned out after one game. There's very little depth to those games in terms of gameplay. But hey man, sometimes you just want to fly around NYC as Nova or slice up some plastic droids with a lightsaber.

As long as you're not playing all the games and just sticking to the ones of IPs that you particularly like then they stay fun. Haven't played a telltale game since Fables now, and am in the mood for a new one. And I like Batman so this is a win-win.
>>
>>77921122
Anon, I wish you were being consulted for this game. You could've at least got them to do DickBats instead of Bruce. Dick can still seduce others as Bats.

Besides, no one would ever be able to do SeeKing's Grayson any justice.
>>
>>77920672
>>77921122
>I want a game where you play as Dick and seduce DC women
>I want a "Grayson" 3rd person action game, with a focus on a Seduction feature.
If only...
>>
>>77920529
There was already another thread you faggoo
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.