[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling it now, this whole season has been sponsored content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 17

File: 2948141-2364134361-South.png (729KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
2948141-2364134361-South.png
729KB, 1024x587px
Calling it now, this whole season has been sponsored content for Whole Foods.
>>
>>77915535
Nah, man. The season will end with an ad for The Fractured but Whole
>>
>>77915535
In their defense, whole foods has some good shit.
>>
>>77916954
They did that joke last year. Considering how EVERYONE thinks that it's going to be an advertisement for their new game (again) I somehow doubt they'll actually do it.

Hell, the next season of South Park will probably be out before the game is.
>>
>>77915535
Which is funny as hell to me, as my city just had its first Whole Foods store open last month. So much excitement and hype over it--- despite our strong local farmers and healthy food options being everywhere.
>>
Went in one the other day.
Expensive as all hell.
>>
>>77921950
Try Aldi then. They bitchslapped Walmart out of the German market with their prices.
Better hold a quarter ready to get a shopping cart.
>>
you know this thread is advertisement, right?
>>
>>77922206
>Aldi and Lidl suddenly get really popular in the UK because they actually have a reasonable price compared to the huge amount of overcharging the other supermarkets do.
>Suddenly they raise prices so it's still cheaper but now only marginally so. Plus their quality takes a dive.

Feck.
>>
>>77922206
am i the only one who shops at the closest discounter, since on average all their prices are the same anyway?
>>
Which grocery do you shop at, /co/?

I shop at nofrills like a bitch.
>>
R34 on Asian chick please.
>>
>>77923005
Atlantic SuperStore.
All my produce comes straight from the ASS.
>>
Kroger's
>>
>>77923005
Whole Foods.
>>
>>77919756
Do you know you're an ad?
>>
>>77919756
>In their defense, whole foods has some good shit.

You mean like asparagus water?
>>
>>77923005
Food Lion.
>>
>>77923058
Her voice is probably Trey Parker doing an asian accent. do you still want that?
>>
It's the canadian devil.
>>
>>77925101
isnt she the new teacher from last nights episode? She had a sexy voice if i remember right, that or im gay for Trey and ust dont know it.
>>
>>77925113

Butters working with Canadian Devil
>>
File: 1431188285878.png (28KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1431188285878.png
28KB, 349x349px
>>77923005
ASDA personally. Only because they are close and a 70cl bottle of Captain Morgan is only £13.50.

>mfw when a Sainsburys in town it costs £18.
>>
>>77923005

A mixture of Costco and Aldi. ASDA sometimes too.

Do they even have Whole Foods in the UK? What is the equivalent? I'm thinking it's probably going to be something like Waitrose.
>>
>>77923005
Lidl
>>
>>77922206
THIS. I've been doing 90% of my grocery shopping at Aldi's (we call it the possessive form in Amurica) for the past three years or so, and it is fantastic. Actual weekly sales on fresh produce instead of HERE'S THE PROCESSED MEATS, DAIRY AND PREPACKAGED BREADS THAT THE SEASON DICTATES WE SELL TO YOU all week erry week like seemingly every other grocery chain, plus while the preponderance of different prepackaged snacks is kind of ridiculous, they're also ridiculously cheap and, by deign of being mostly European imports, there's ALWAYS something different to try.
>>
>>77925306
They're opening Aldis here in Spain now, maybe I should try buying there someday.
>>
>>77925349
I don't know what the condition of most grocers is like in Spain, but if its anything like America... fruit and vegetables are usually picked when they're way underripe here, then doused in more chemicals atop the heavy layers of insecticide to make them look shinier while they quietly rot away, because most Americans, even if they're not fat fat fatties, are weirdly adverse to buying produce. Maybe it's BECAUSE that produce is so bad and not the other way around, but I'm just saying. Whenever I buy at Aldi's, not only is there enough of a variety of produce on sale to actually make a week's worth of meals, I can trust that said produce is on sale because it's fresh and they're trying to move it BEFORE it becomes gross, and that when I bite into it, I won't taste gross, plasticy, carcinogenic bitterness. This week, there's mushrooms, baby carrots, pomegranates, pears and broccoli on sale, and they're all under a dollar. Again, I dunno the exchange rate or anything, but here, being able to buy 16 ozs to a pound of food for pocket change is almost fucking unheard of.
>>
>>77923005
IGA
sometimes woolworths
>>
>>77923005
Kroger/Sam's Club/Costco. Food Lion if I'm feeling really lazy. Still get 10% off Kroger stuff since I used to work for them.
>>
>>77919779

They also had the Broadway episode plug the Book of Mormon.

And the episodes where they're excited about the upcoming Assessment of Fire movie, which we finally got to see in the South Park movie.

This isn't new.
>>
>>77923005
Shoprite to my left, walmart to my right. Stop and shop to the north. Costco to the south.
>>
>>77919756
I used to love those little cheesecakes they sell. Too bad they are $4 a pop!
>>
>>77923005
HEB near me.
>>
remember that earth is an intergalactic reality tv show.
>>
>>77925568
igas fo niggas
>>77923005
stop & shop isn't the closest one to me but its where I go, I skip right by king kullen because kullen a shit

thats for regular stuff, for good stuff I go to uncle giuseppes
>>
>>77923005
Kroger if I'm lazy, Meijer if I want to make the drive.
>>
File: butterface1305839303987.jpg (5KB, 251x233px) Image search: [Google]
butterface1305839303987.jpg
5KB, 251x233px
>>77915535
mfw I went to Whole Foods after seeing an ep

(Just ignore that I'd been going for years and it was on the way back from a bar I was at.)
>>
>>77923005
Soriana
>>
>>77923005
Based HEB
>>
>>77923005
walmart. they fucking hate me i take all the sales ads from the local chain stores and make them price compare them and then coupon like a fucking champ. i eat like a king on around 200 bucks a month
>>
>>77923005
Jewel Osco. I used to shop at Dominick's then safeway went and ruined that.
>>
>>77925235
They do but they ain't common. They got one in Richmond.
>>
>>77923005
My only options are Econo or Walmart. Maybe Target, but their selection is garbage.
>>
>>77923005
Puerto Rican supermarket a block or two away from my apartment. Also doubles as a deli, so I always get a chop cheese from there too.
>>
>>77923005
either walmart or HEB
>>
>>77926828
>>77923005
Same. HEB. Central Market when I need to get fancy for my bf. If you faggots don't know what HEB is, then you don't live a state that's worth discussing.
>>
I'm not sure what the message here is. Social justice is what dude bros trying to get laid? The product of advertisers? Just elitists being elitists who want to feel superior despite not being affected by shit?

Then why do we get mad when women and minorities do that stuff? Are they dude bros in disguise or something in Trey and Matt's eyes? I don't get it.

The message doesn't make any damn sense.
>>
>>77928054
Making them frat boys serves two purposes.
*avoids the "problematic" shit-canning of womyn and People of Colour.
*frames it in such a way that normies and PC people irl might not be "triggered" away.

You know House of Cards? In the Brit version Frank is a conservative. They made Frank a Democrat in the American version because they figured all the lefties would watch an evil Democrat but they wouldn't watch an evil Republican.
>>
>>77928054
>>77928433
Oh, I forgot spell this part out. People are happy to think of fray boys as arseholes and bullies. By making PC people frat boys they are saying that PC people are arseholes and bullies.
>>
>>77928054
dude bros are bullies. SJW are bullies. in south park, they are bullies who have found a socially acceptable way to be bullies while getting to pound some pussy
>>
>>77928433
I think it's
1. To make it clear they're mocking SJWs, not actual minority issues activists
2. To make fun of the SJW stereotype about evil white rich privileged frat bros by portraying said frat bros as one of them
>>
>>77923005
Any other milk besides Whole Food milk make me have major gas and fart uncontrollably. And I only drink skim.
>>
>>77928054
Many people who spout social justice often just do it to appear good and get brownie points with their friends. This is represented by the frat dudes getting laid. Sites often just spam articles related to social justice knowing morons like this will share them without really knowing what they mean or understanding them. Kind of like the gay episode where all the adults where accepting the kids being gay but not understanding a fucking thing because it made them seem cool, we also see it in the Safe Space episode. So the joke is that adds are taking advantage of these retards to be spread around. Also the PC people are frat dudes because it's a contrast to reality where frats are super not PC.
>>
>>77915535
that is fine
only problem is that the closest Whole Foods to me is an hour and 30 mins and that won't bring me to their business
>>
>>77928433

>avoids the problematic shitcanning of womyn and PC culture

Because they've been so careful about that before
>>
>>77919756
They have jelly beans that are super fucking amazing. Great pizza too. Expensive as fuck though.
>>
any time Jenner runs someone over is great because it reminds us that HE RAN SOMEONE THE FUCK OVER AND KILLED THEM IN COLD BLOOD AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDER!!!!
>>
>>77919756
The pizza is pretty good. Too bad everything is so damn expensive.

>>77923005
Whole Foods, Publix.
>>
>>77923005
Publix, Kroger. I go to Whole Foods solely for their local brewed draft. And the only reason I go there is to avoid driving downtown.
>>
>>77923005
Kaufland, Tesco, "Polish" (Portugese with Polish names) groceries like Biedronka, Żabka, sometimes at Lidl
>>
>>77928580
Don't forget their freshly made ramen.

I really hope all Whole Foods have those.
>>
>>77928553

As someone who does actually do activist stuff and IS a member of the groups that it effects, the "we're doing it for perks and attention" stuff is complete bullshit. Because it doesn't earn you validation and asspats, you mostly get frustrated and angry when people harass and twist your words when all you want is to be treated like a person. I also don't understand why the fuck they think we want a fucking go-fer to filter our posts for us - most of us would settle for, you know, a blocking system that actually fucking works so we can cut people out of our lives that force themselves into it. The idea anyone wants someone to personally sift through our posts is fucking ridiculous.

And don't tell me that "you put yourself on the internet you should be open to criticism", because people get angry and stupid when you don't get to see tits in comics or get to call someone a retard.

The characters of Jimmy and Nathan are great because they created a morally upright handicapped person written by non-handicapped people and played by a non-handicapped person who parrots their views exactly, and a hypocrite they can use to make anyone who does have a problem look dishonest, because honestly really mentally handicapped people don't have a problem with it right??? Just like then they had a gay person proudly stand up for the homophobes that excluded them because obviously people don't just want rights, they want to flog and torture homophobes in public too.

South Park is fine when it's absurdist comedy that revels in its own monstrousness. I'm able to laugh when it's awful stupid people saying this shit, or compartmentalism it into its own awful box when it hits too close to home, but when they're actually making a point they want people to listen to they're more pretentious people who are angry that people make them uncomfortable with their own shitty behavior.
>>
>>77928808
>right???
Can you please not do that, you become less of a person when you do it.
>>
>>77928851

Right???
>>
>>77928808
You get this from tumblr or did you invent it yourself? The fact that the first part seems to misunderstand that they are saying everyone who is an activist does it for attention implies tumblr but you never know.
>>
>>77928808
I couldn't read past your first sentence because you appear to be arguing seriously that all activists are good people with good motives all the time.

Guess what, almost everyone is an activist, especially if airing your opinions is activism. The people you're pissed at are activists. The people oppressing you are activists. Being an activist in itself just means you're willing to make some effort for a cause, good or bad. Good for you, but it doesn't make you a martyr or a hero.
>>
>>77928927

I didn't get it from tumblr, I got it from a fucking thing called "being alive".
>>
>>77928988

Because we can't make decisions based on people's goals or ideals or anything.
>>
>>77928869
Wrong???
>>
>>77928808
you're a fucking retard
go cry on your tumblr bitch
>>
>>77929005
Literally what
>>
>>77928808
>when all you want is to be treated like a person
News flash people get treated like shit all the time so congratulations you are being treated like a person.
>>
>>77928989
are you saying that psychopaths aren't people?
>>
>>77929006

Yes???
>>
>>77929050
No???
>>
>>77928808
>The characters of Jimmy and Nathan are great because they created a morally upright handicapped person written by non-handicapped people and played by a non-handicapped person who parrots their views exactly,
Do you know for a fact that the writers aren't handicapped or are you just assuming?

>and a hypocrite they can use to make anyone who does have a problem look dishonest, because honestly really mentally handicapped people don't have a problem with it right??? Just like then they had a gay person proudly stand up for the homophobes that excluded them because obviously people don't just want rights, they want to flog and torture homophobes in public too.

So they portray all minority characters as being a pro-censorship and pro-torture hivemind? Yeah, that would be really fucking respectful.
>>
File: 1445404364918.png (5KB, 223x219px) Image search: [Google]
1445404364918.png
5KB, 223x219px
>>77928808
>The characters of Jimmy and Nathan are great because they created a morally upright handicapped person written by non-handicapped people and played by a non-handicapped person who parrots their views exactly

>implying SJWs haven't tried to do that to an entire race and gender

Any minority or any woman who dares disagree with most of you lot is labelled as having "internalized whatever is applicable" which is just the white way of calling someone a house nigger.

And they didn't say EVERYONE does it for attention, but you can't deny that the people whose activism extends only so far as liking things on Facebook and reblogging shit on Tumblr are doing it for attention. Sorry to tell you this matey, but that's the MAJORITY of activists nowadays. A bunch of useless sacks of shit reblogging things. They claim they're spreading awareness, but they block anyone they disagree with, hell they made a Twitter Blacklist to block people pre-emptively, and if the option is available on the website they'll privatize their account. So only friends and people they like, who are only people who agree with them already, will see those hot arguments and important reblogs.

So it is undeniable that they're posturing and preening on stage for an audience they've personally screened. So who the fuck are they informing? Since everyone paying attention to them already shares their fucking viewpoints how do they inform the uninformed? Simple. They don't. That's not their goal.

And they readily admit that.

"It's not my job to educate you."
>>
>>77929025

But why do they get treated like shit? That's not important? Why are you so indignant about people who do wrong being punished for it or at least society fucking IMPROVING somehow?

>>77929037

What the fuck? No. I'm saying that my views are the result of my experiences and not me trying to fit in on some stupid website that has done more to hurt the social justice movement than help it because now shitty fandom bloggers get to use it as ammunition in their stupid games of trying to destroy one another because someone likes their least favorite fucking pairing or something.
>>
>>77929099
*So they should
>>
>>77928808
Regular people are treated like shit everyday.
>>
>>77928808

See the Jimmy shit was perfect and you missed why. You had two handicap people with differing opinions and someone not involved swooped in to tell one that they are brainwashed and wrong.

As a gay guy who doesn't always agree with my peers about stuff it resonated pretty well with me. I get told I'm brainwashed by straight white girls because I don't find fag or gay offensive pretty much daily.

All this stuff isn't aimed against people doing real work its aimed at tumblr crybabies who get upset over minor shit that doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1380753200716.jpg (12KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
1380753200716.jpg
12KB, 279x300px
What's Kuki Sanban doing in South Park?
>>
>>77929109
It helps people grow up. Not everybody is going to believe in the same coddled shit you do. Being treated like shit helps you grow up. It makes you more cynical. This isn't a bad thing. It's life.
>>
>>77929147
fuck
>>
>>77929099

Do I know for a fact that Trey and Matt aren't handicapped? I'm pretty sure they aren't. There's no public information to indicate they are, and much like you can't go through life thinking every racist might be a secret black person, you can't assume they shit either.

And I never said that last part either. But you seem to make the common mistake that censorship is all that was going on there; Nathan and Jimmy both say "retarded" like it's N-word privileges and the reality is actually very fucking different in the disabled community.
>>
>>77929109
If you agree that
>shitty fandom bloggers get to use it as ammunition in their stupid games of trying to destroy one another
exist and aren't Heroes (TM), you don't need to rage at people saying the same thing.
>>
File: 1445738544121.png (174KB, 336x320px) Image search: [Google]
1445738544121.png
174KB, 336x320px
>>77929140
>I get told I'm brainwashed by straight white girls because I don't find fag or gay offensive pretty much daily.

This sums up my argument entirely. A bunch of white people calling other people house niggers because the other people disagreed with them.
>>
>>77929181
>Trey and Matt are the writers
God damn SJW are not only stupid but also ignorant.
>>
>>77929157

Yeah, that "it builds character" bullshit is actually fucking stupid, and not agreed upon by any fucking developmental psychologist. We're not talking about disagreements that happen between people everyday or personal struggles to relate to people, we're talking about personal and institutionalized abuse.
>>
File: 1415391344744.jpg (34KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
1415391344744.jpg
34KB, 510x512px
>>77929181
>and much like you can't go through life thinking every racist might be a secret black person,

But I thought every homophobe was supposed to be in the closet.
>>
>>77929231

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_and_Advertising

>Written by Trey Parker

Durrrrrr
>>
>>77929247

That's a shitty trope.

Now whose assuming all members of a group think the same way?
>>
>>77929181
They aren't the only people working on their show, and unlike race, handicaps are usually invisible, so it's not as safe to assume.

>Nathan and Jimmy both say "retarded" like it's N-word privileges and the reality is actually very fucking different in the disabled community.
Fine, then criticize the show for not explaining the language politics of the word retarded. But if that's what you were getting at, it didn't come across at all.
>>
>>77929276
>wikipedia
god damn SJW truly are retarded
>>
>>77929288
I never said anything in regards to assumptions about groupthink.

So, I guess by you assuming I'm the other guy, or that I'm like the other guy, I could safely assume that you think we're one and the same, or so similar in thought that we might as well be? I guess you proved that other guy right.
>>
>>77929247
Don't you love it when "anti-homophobes" say this thing that implies homophobia is all gay people's fault?
>>
>>77929316

Yes, obviously the episode was written by fucking Manbearpig, you fucking idiot
>>
>>77923005
Lowe's Foods or Harris Teeter, which are apparently a North Carolina exclusive thing. Harris Teeter is a bit overpriced but holy shit when they have a sale you can stock the fuck UP on some shit. Also their olive salad is orgasmic.
>>
>>77929181
Do autistic people get to say retarded like it's N-word privileges? Cause I say it all the time. I mean, it got leveled at me disparagingly enough so I assume I get the privilege to use it.

Either way, you're being retarded.
>>
>>77929108
>"It's not my job to educate you."
You want to have fun? Ask them what their job is, then. I have never seen an actual response to this.
>>
>>77929236
>We're not talking about disagreements that happen between people everyday or personal struggles to relate to people, we're talking about personal and institutionalized abuse.

You (plural) weren't talking about either of those things because you never established what you were talking about.
>>
>>77928808
>and IS a member of the groups that it effects,
Which one?
>>
>>77929358
epic reference retard
go back to tumblr faggot
also kill yourself
>>
>>77929109
>some stupid website that has done more to hurt the social justice movement than help it because now shitty fandom bloggers get to use it as ammunition in their stupid games of trying to destroy one another because someone likes their least favorite fucking pairing or something.
Then why are you mad at this guy >>77928553
These are the very people he and South Park are taking the piss out of.
>>
>>77929423
I'll have you know that I am a professional Privilege Scene Forensic Examiner for the navy.

I even have my own show on CBS. It's called nCIS SCUM.
>>
>>77929181
>and the reality is actually very fucking different in the disabled community.
Explain how its different.
And I mean an actual explanation. Not just "It's complicated. Trust me."
>>
>>77916954
Whole Foods would be funnier
>>
>>77929370
mah NC niggah. Hairy teet is a little too expensive, so sometimes ill go to the Galaxy down the road from my parents place. Its disgusting, but its cheap.
>>
>>77929298

It goes bigger than that, because it presents the argument that the reality is there's no real stigma against handicapped people beyond people that "think they're helping".

Yes, I fucking hate Rainman and its inspirationally disabled garbage. Yes, I fucking hate that the prevailing media portrayal shows us to be as unable to function as adults or as people.

But that doesn't fucking mean that insulting language and abuse leveled towards us doesn't exist. "grow a thicker skin"? What the hell? People who fucking throw a fit and make hundreds comment threads about how women are whores every time someone gets mad about the Killing Joke are telling me I need to grow a thicker skin?

A friend of mine killed himself because of the way his family and coworkers treated and spoke to him. Should he have had a "thicker skin" towards the psychological abuse he had every day?
>>
This thread is a sponsor
>>
>>77923005
Sam's club
>>
>>77929513
>? People who fucking throw a fit and make hundreds comment threads about how women are whores every time someone gets mad about the Killing Joke are telling me I need to grow a thicker skin?
You act as if there aren't plenty of people telling those whiners to ALSO grow a thicker skin. Thirty seconds in the archives should show that's not the case.
>>
>>77929483

the disabled and neurodiversiry community has not adopted "retard" on the level that the n-word has been reclaimed.

Are there people in that group who use it? Of course there are. But not to the degree South Park is using it for.
>>
>>77929513
They should have done something about it instead of being a coward.
>>
>>77929605
>neurodiversity community

Eugh, is that what we are now? I think I preferred Sperg. Surely that wasn't a term made up by autistic people, right? I mean Neurodiverse sounds like the sort of good-natured stupidity that comes from people who aren't disabled.

Like Handicapable.
>>
>>77929616

When disabled people try to "do something about it", people usually stop them. His mother and father controlled his income. Social services paid no attention when he claimed abuse. He was not able to recurve psychological help for his depression.

So what should he have done?
>>
>>77929605
>the disabled and neurodiversiry community has not adopted "retard" on the level that the n-word has been reclaimed.
Says who? Cite your sources.

>Are there people in that group who use it? Of course there are.
Well, at least we agree on this. The whole problem with this diversity bullshit is that it just ends up with white man's burden positive discrimniation. Which is still discrimination.

Treating someone like a pet is just as bad as treating them like trash.

>But not to the degree South Park is using it for.
Which is what degree exactly? Having one character be okay with it is too much?
>>
>>77929677
>I mean Neurodiverse sounds like the sort of good-natured stupidity that comes from people who aren't disabled.
It probably is.
>>
>>77929236
>psychologists
>>77929513
>psychological

Psychology as a field in its entirety is bullshit that should have been supplanted by biology a long time ago. There is no such thing as "mental illness," only a deficiency of character. There is no such thing as "psychological abuse," only being sad that your fee-fees were hurt. There is no such thing as "gaslighting," only people looking for excuses to claim people who never touched them are abusers. There is no such thing as "autism", there are only undisciplined kids. There is no such thing as "PTSD," only people who couldn't move on from hardship. There is no such thing as "gender dysphoria," only... well, you fill in that blank.

Psychology as an academic field today exists only - ONLY - to give a pseudoscientific backing to liberal ideologies and promote big Pharma. It is a field that exists to peddle no-hurt-feelings as a moral imperative into our schools via counsellors and create studies with predetermined outcomes to force us to accept the moral crusade of the day as just in the general public. There are no good psychologist, no good therapists, no good counsellors, only scumbags and useful idiots killing the moral fiber in our country and undermining the scientific community.

Fuck you.
>>
>>77929513
>It goes bigger than that, because it presents the argument that the reality is there's no real stigma against handicapped people beyond people that "think they're helping".
That's your interpretation of the episode. It wasn't my takeaway at all, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

>People who fucking throw a fit and make hundreds comment threads about how women are whores every time someone gets mad about the Killing Joke are telling me I need to grow a thicker skin?
I don't see anyone in this thread talking about whores or thicker skin.

>A friend of mine killed himself because of the way his family and coworkers treated and spoke to him. Should he have had a "thicker skin" towards the psychological abuse he had every day?
You realize you're on 4chan, right? This website is crawling with people who've been shit on hard. I'm truly sorry about your friend, but don't assume no one else has experienced what he did, especially on this site.
>>
>>77929677
>Surely that wasn't a term made up by autistic people, right?
Autistic people use it, but in response to diehard haters who think autistics should be locked up.
>>
>>77925192
>What is Aldis?
>What is Home Bargains?
>What is Lidl?
>What is M&S?
>>
>>77929709
I think you might be confusing psychology with psychiatry.
Plus like, by your own admission there's a pretty significant biochemical root to half the shit. You can't spank your kid's brain chemistry into a healthy range if he's missing a chromosome, you may actually need pills for that.
>>
>>77928591
And we all have to view him (HER, I MEAN HER!) As a hero or we're transphobic.

The Fuck?!
>>
>>77929677

I've never fucking heard "sperg" used by an actual disabled person in my life. It's like "aspie" in my experience.

"Neurodiverse" isn't meant to be some faux inspirational garbage in my experience. It's a wider term to cover the fact that there are many people who have these sorts of things that are different from another but share enough experiences to be able to relate and work with each other. It's like LGBTA I guess.

It applies in this case because people like this get called "retarded" regardless of what someone actually has.
>>
>>77929709
you sound pretty angry
wanna talk about it?
>>
>>77929696
Sued the fuck out of everyone, made a huge stink in a public space that would have gotten hundreds of thousands of people on the moral-crusade bandwagon. His place of work being filled with discriminatory shitheads? Sue them for discrimination in the workplace and let people on the internet know about the abusive nature of the workplace. No better way to scuttle a company than to make their abusive practices known on an international platform. He could have opened a goddamn gofundme or whatever for a lawyer and received international support.

He could have also brought to light the negligence of the Social Services workers and created such a public shitshow for them that they'd have to step up their practices out of embarrassment. Completely fucking ream his parents in public as well so that everyone can know that they're despicable assholes.

Refusing to let him see a therapist? They basically killed him themselves. I hope you've told them that.
>>
>>77929699

The "one character being okay with it" isn't the issue. The shows only counterpoint to Jimmy is two antagonists, one of which is greedy and manipulative and the other which is violently misguided and potentially non human.

In Trey and Matt's context, Jimmy's view is the only one that matters because the story is set up to frame him as right about a larger issue.
>>
>>77929823
I use sperg because it was thrown around on 4chan all the time. Never used aspie.

I've always just said that I'm on the spectrum.
>>
>>77929823
>"Neurodiverse" isn't meant to be some faux inspirational garbage in my experience. It's a wider term to cover the fact that there are many people who have these sorts of things that are different from another but share enough experiences to be able to relate and work with each other.
Kind of like how "Person of Color" lumps a bunch of wildly disparate groups with their own specialized problem into one large supermass so that we can have a "normal" and "not normal" binary and conflate the issues one person is facing with another by removing all individuality and specialized needs.

In other words, it's STILL stupid.

A black guy and an asian woman have different struggles, and a a guy so far down on the autism spectrum that he's noncommunicitive has different needs from a guy with cerebral palsy, and they've goth got different needs and need to be related to differently than some fucking tween with "anxiety".

Can we stop with these fucking groupthink labels and just look at individual humans already? Lumping everything together is what we do to fucking LIVESTOCK.
>>
>>77929798
Slowpoke, you're allowed to hate her now because she used to be against same sex marriage, just like Bill and Hillary Clinton, but you're not allowed to hate them.
>>
>>77929882
The thing you seem to be forgetting is that Jimmy isn't some one off character. He's been there for a long ass time (wow maybe even a decade now?) and even before him there was Timmy.

You want to talk context, look at the context of how the characters are treated over the course of the franchise, not just this one ep that's triggered you.

The Phil Collins ep was way more hamfisted than this and yet its moral was forgotten already?
>>
>>77929709
>There is no such thing as "autism", there are only undisciplined kids.

Wew lad. I can tell that you're the type of person who has never seen a low-functioning autistic. And before you say CWC, he is legitimately high functioning. Very low on the high functioning side of things, but the low functioning can't even talk.
>>
>>77929903
I thought Jenner was still against it which was why everyone was losing their shit?
>>
>>77929854

And how is he supposed to sue them when, again, his family fucking controlled his income? Throw a fit in a public place? Oh sure, everyone listens when a disabled person does that. They're never seen as raving monsters at times like that at all. Create a public shit show about social services? How the hell is he supposed to do that when the system already failed him; the people he would have needed to have contacted are in the same fucking field.
>>
>>77929882
>In Trey and Matt's context, Jimmy's view is the only one that matters because the story is set up to frame him as right about a larger issue.

I agree, and I'm okay with that. The larger issue wasn't about the word retarded, it was about the power to edit/censor the first grader's article in the school paper.
>>
>>77929882
How do you know Jimmy was okay with the word? He was just opposed to having it censored. Jimmy is all about journalistic integrity, even when he was shilling mobile games he never used his paper for it.
>>
>>77929972
>And how is he supposed to sue them when, again, his family fucking controlled his income? Throw a fit in a public place?

Did you even read my post? All he needed to do was make a post detailing everything that happens to him on Facebook, or Tumblr, or any other public place. A fucking passionate plea for people to just see what he is dealing with and to help him.

Did you think I literally meant jumping up and down raving in a store? Are you retarded? Holy fuck.
>>
>>77929959
Nope, she explicitly said she'd changed her mind.

>I think, like a lot of people on this issue, I have really changed my thinking here to, ‘I don’t ever want to stand in front of anybody’s happiness.’

But people conveniently ignore it because omgRepublican.
>>
>>77929882
Maybe the reason the counterpoints are such is because the argument isn't about what you think it is. The word wasn't the argument. The reaction to it was.
>>
>>77923005
Closest is Siwa but it's fairly expensive, then there's also an S-Market not too far away, Lidl every now and then if I get a ride since they aren't so close but shopping there is cheap as fuck, two 1,5L bottles of Pepsi for about 3€.
Can you guess which country without googling?
>>
>>77923005
Albertsons
Pavilions
Costco
>>
>>77929894

When people come together and create a term that they use to speak as one voice when it's accurate to do so is not the same as what you're saying.

Of course different people have different needs. But when it comes to talking in our own communities, at intersentionality we CHOSE? There's a fucking overlap.

Why do you think we have an Autusm Self Advocacy group that's different from similar groups for people with depression, ADHD, or other mental disabilities and divergences? Why do you think "Neurodiverse" doesn't speak for paraplegics, the deaf, the blind, or amputees?

I suppose though you'd rather we all fight it out like its the fucking Hunger Games
>>
>>77930043
Completely uninformed guess one, China, guess two, Korea.
>>
>>77930082
Not disagreeing with your broader point (I think), but no population group speaks with one voice. There are multiple autism advocacy groups, for example.
>>
>>77923005

Key Food supermarket.

Its literally across the street from where I live, and open 24/7. Can stumble in there at 3:30 AM and buy beer + Arizona nachos.

Good stuff.
>>
>>77930085
Wrong and wrong.
Hint: People like to refer to us as dragon dildo Mongols.
>>
>>77929973

Editorializing isn't censorship. Editorializing is a collaboration between writer and editor to decide what message a publication sends. That work is as much Jimmy's work as the first grader's - meaning he thinks "retarded" isn't a slur. And since Jimmy speaks for the disabled in this story, and is the mouthpiece for Trey and Matt's values, that sends a message regarding what they think people like Jimmy think or should think.
>>
>>77930082
>When people come together and create a term that they use to speak as one voice when it's accurate to do so
Cite the etymology of the term then.

Truth be told, I DO think the issue is a complex one, and because of that complexity I don't think its a good idea to generalize. Some people are okay with the R-Word, some aren't. It's a matter of gauging, even within those sub-groups. Autism is, after all, a spectrum, is it not? So that means that even within said communities there has to be, by necessity, different viewpoints, opinions, arguments, counter arguments, and methods of communicating with all of the above. It's a mess, yes, but I'd rather have a chaotic mess than a homogenized mass because that way lies problems. While there IS power and strength in numbers, forcing uniformity isn't the way to go about doing it.

I DO care about this issue. It's affected me and my family on both personal and professional levels. I'm just not bringing that up because there's no fucking reason to believe anecdotal evidence has any merit, especially here of all places. Having said that...

>I suppose though you'd rather we all fight it out like its the fucking Hunger Games
...So if that's what we're going to do, can I passive aggressively accuse you of being a projecting whiny neurotypical white chick that just wants attention?
>>
>>77930082
>I suppose though you'd rather we all fight it out like its the fucking Hunger Games

No, I'd rather just be called the Disabled as our blanket term and then, from that base, split apart into varying branches of disability. And like I said earlier, Neurodiverse sounds like the same shit as Person of Color. PoC is a term made up by white people, used to cover a whole lot of people because nuance is hard and they just want to be able to look like they care and they're helping, without having to do any of that hard, lame shit; getting a basic education on each group, and how they're are individual with individual struggles.

Neurodiverse sounds like the same crap, made up by people who were all like "Cereberal Palsee? Attention defesip hynoactive disorder? Ass burgers? Fucking hell, can't we just call them Neurodiverse and be done with it? I want to get to rubbing my self-righteous superiority in the faces of people who don't understand the needs of the Neurodiverse like I do."
>>
>>77930107

Of course not. But people do come together and advocate together and share and support each other.

And most Autism advocacy groups are run by people who don't HAVE IT, so that's why I used ASAN. Autism Speaks doesn't speak for people with autism, it speaks over them.
>>
>>77930172
>Editorializing is a collaboration between writer and editor to decide what message a publication sends.

If that's the case than why do so many editorial sections have disclaimers that say "the opinions expressed hereafter do not necessarily reflect those of the publisher"?
>>
>>77923005
Giant Eagle. Them fuel perks, man. My aunt works there, so I use one of her cards. And I'm the only one who actually has a car, so those discounts add up. I haven't actually paid for gas in like three years.
>>
>>77930172
>Editorializing isn't censorship. Editorializing is a collaboration between writer and editor to decide what message a publication sends.

You mean editing, editorializing is expressing an opinion. Editing isn't legal censorship, but neither is cable channels bleeping the word fuck, and we still refer to that as censorship. The legal definition isn't the only one.

Editing is an umbrella term that includes a lot more than deciding on "messages." Correcting spelling counts as editing.

>That work is as much Jimmy's work as the first grader's - meaning he thinks "retarded" isn't a slur.
Where are you getting all that from? Jimmy implied he wasn't going to edit the letter, so it's not his work at all. And if the paper had a policy saying "We don't publish slurs", then sure, Jimmy letting "retarded" through would mean he thinks it isn't a slur, but there's literally nothing whatsoever to suggest it has a policy like that.
>>
>>77930209

Neurodiversity emerged as a term in the late 90's as a challenge to the belief that all neurological conditions are not neccassarily pathological. It was subsequently picked up by various rights movements like the Autism Rights Movement and spread to other civil rights groups and has been widely picked up by many people in the community. That's the etymology.
>>
>>77929147
I FUCKING KNEW HER VOICE WAS FROM SOMEWHERE
>>
>>77930272
Because if the views of the publisher are not taken well the editor can swiftly say "Nope, nope! Wasn't me! You're mad at THAT guy!"
>>
>>77930272

Because that's something that editors choose to make as far as decisions and something they COULD have had Jimmy utilize but didn't.
>>
>>77930344
So when a newspaper runs opposing-viewpoint editorials, it's the publisher's split personality?
>>
>>77930344
So you're a racist then?
Because you use 4chan, after all, and there are racists on 4chan.
>>
>>77930334

The fact the episode later goes on to treat "retarded" as something Jimmy and Nathan both use is telling enough that he doesn't consider it one.
>>
>>77930362
>Because that's something that editors choose to make as far as decisions and something they COULD have had Jimmy utilize but didn't.
Can you explain what you mean here because that sentence made no sense.
Heck how do you know the article had no disclaimer? We never actually see it, just the rage it causes.
>>
>>77930398

A story is a constructed world. You don't assume things are there without evidence for it.
>>
>>77930393
>The fact the episode later goes on to treat "retarded" as something Jimmy and Nathan both use
Really because I seem to remember Jimmy correcting like four different people on his preferred terminology.

This feels like the pronoun argument again.
>>
>>77930362
Are you saying they should have taken the time to show the paper's editorial disclaimer? (Which shouldn't be needed because it should go without saying.) How would that be any more worthy of screen time than showing the "Don't stick this product up your butt" legal disclaimer on things that Cartman sticks up his butt?
>>
>>77930434
Unless it helps your argument, apparently.
>>
>>77930370
Depends on how opposing. A newspaper might run "I like X" and "I dislike X" I've never seen a newspaper run "X-OPHOBES ARE THE SCUM OF THE MODERN AGE, THEY SHOULD BE BURNED ON A PILE OF TYRES" and "I WANT TO BURN A CROSS ON X's LAWN, GAS THE X, LETTER WAR NOW!"
>>
I just realized that Garrison and Caitylin are working together. I almost forgot that Garrison was a woman for a couple of seasons. So they kinda have that thing in common. But the difference here is that when Garrison became a woman, nobody was calling her strong and brave. So with that being said, will Caitlyn and Garrison gonna betray one another? Will Mr. Slave come back? I haven't been in to a South Park season since imaginationland.
>>
>>77930455

They could have easily had Jimmy say "I put a disclaimer saying this doesn't reflect my personal views" in his argument to PC Principal
>>
>>77919756
8 dollars for a pound of cooked bacon in the morning. That's like 20 slices of bacon.
>>
>>77930434
>You don't assume things are there without evidence for it.
You're assuming an absence of something that is generally regarded as a boilerplate standard. In fact, such disclaimers are so standard that there's actually a greater need to show the absence of one than the existence.
>>
>>77930487
Okay, but how would affect the story at all? It was already clear in the conversation that it wasn't about Jimmy's personal views, and we don't have any evidence that anyone (even PC Principal) is confusing Jimmy's personal views with the first grader's language.
>>
>>77930508
>In fact, such disclaimers are so standard that there's actually a greater need to show the absence of one than the existence.

That's pretty sad. It should go without saying to anyone with the least familiarity with the role of the press.
>>
>>77929069
Back the fuck off???
>>
>>77930549

Then why is PC Principal concerned with controlling Jimmy instead of that particular 1st grader as well?
>>
>>77930393
Seconding the other anon, I remember Jimmy saying Nathan uses it, but that's all.
>>
>>77930587
Not only the press.
Every internet forum has such a disclaimer as well on the sign up. Hell, even here on 4chan you best believe there's disclaimers.

It's such an obviously necessary legal protection that there's DIY forms for it.
>>
>>77930620

I will admit that's a fair point.
>>
>>77930613
Because control of the microphone is easier than control of each individual person to step up to it.
>>
>>77930467
That's just because newspapers generally run the BURN AND GAS THEM ALL pieces.
>>
>>77930613
Probably the same reason SJW's get mad at black people, women, and homosexuals who disagree with them.

Because they're supposed to be grateful.
>>
>>77930669
*don't run
>>
>>77930613
Because he's trying to control the school paper, not what the first grader is saying on the playground or whatever. How was that not obvious?
>>
>>77930682

So you don't think things like internalized racism can exist? Why do you think the term "Uncle Tom" exists?
>>
File: Super_Valu.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Valu.png
5KB, 200x200px
>>77923005
>Which grocery do you shop at, /co/?
I use the local SuperValu. They have the best warehousing chain for delivering fresh value to customers, and have been doing it for over 50 years.
Plus their Pump Perks program helps save on gas money.

Does anyone else have some good #SuperValu stories to share?
>>
>>77930666
Satan knows what he's talking about
>>
>>77930762
>Why do you think the term "Uncle Tom" exists?
Not that anon, but to silence dissenting opinions.
Not to mention that term in particular has gotten diluted into losing much of its meaning.
>>
>>77930762
>So you don't think things like internalized racism can exist?
How the fuck did you get that from his post? Unless you think disagreeing or not being grateful are internalized racism.
>>
>>77930762
Are you an American? Because "Uncle Tom" as it's used in the modern day refers to betraying your people, not internalized anything.
>>
>>77930771
>hashtag
I hate when you ads do this.
>>
>>77930762
>So you don't think things like internalized racism can exist?
While I think people can vote and act against their historical/cultural interests, I also think that being beholden to your "group" is a burden of responsibility that privileged majorities get to go without and that's really unfair. If you're a black woman and want to vote Republican, that's your right. I'm sure you've got your reasons for it, and I don't even need to know what they are. I respect your right as an individual to make that kind of choice. It shouldn't suddenly make you less black or less of a woman to think or vote or act a certain way.

Hell if it did, I'd be Franco-Japanese instead of what I am.

Anecdotally, I also don't think I've EVER seen that internalization terminology used by someone that wasn't themselves more than a little privileged, as a last resort when they've made some sweeping and ignorant generalization and it's revealed their argument has no leg to stand on.
>>
>>77930828
>Unless you think disagreeing or not being grateful are internalized racism.
Anon that's exactly what it is to these people.
>>
>>77930762
The fact that you got "I don't think internalized racism exists" from me saying marginalized groups sometimes disagree with the unmarginalized group who usually mucks up every situation they're in is telling.

I mean, I don't think you know just how much it tells us all that you think disagreement is internalizing racism. I'll sum it up in a really simple, confrontational manner so you understand it.

You're a modern day slave owner and you use emotional whips. You don't whip the flesh, you try to whip their very identity and make them feel like a cancer in their own group. You are scum.
>>
>>77930643
>It's such an obviously necessary legal protection
Is this some weird American thing? I'm a lawyer (not an American one, obviously) and in my experience, disclaimers mean jack shit like 99% of the time. They don't protect you from anything. At most having one might be one factor of dozens that's taken in to account.

American TV seems to treat disclaimers like some sort of fucking talisman that wards off legal liability or something. I hope that's just pop culture bullshit because surely the American legal system can't be that retarded.
>>
>>77931045
It's pretty close. We have arbitration clauses which is basically "if you want to sue us you can't use the actual government and have to use our private judge who works for us indirectly" and that actually flies. It's insanity, but it benefits rich people and they own the government so it's not illegal.
>>
>>77931045
Not even a lawyer, but even in jurisdictions where disclaimers mean jack shit they might think it can't hurt to have one even if it's not sure to help. Like wearing your lucky socks on exam day.
>>
File: 1446199275723.jpg (69KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1446199275723.jpg
69KB, 620x620px
anyone else think it's kinda stupid we've gotten to the point where both sides either want the freedom to piss people off or want to censor everyone?

what ever happened to being nice to people? did all your parents beat you as children?

fag and gay are both dumb to get offended by, on the other hand, spouting those off around people who are offended by them is also equally dumb because you're basically ignoring the feelings of other people because you can't give a bit of extra effort to make them feel comfortable. Freedom of speech shouldn't be freedom to be an asshole.

maybe just use it around other straight white people? I never use the word nigga except with my closest friends of all races so.. I dunno

this just seems dumb.
>>
>>77931126
I get you, anon. Basically the not-nice people on all sides are trying to beat the nice people into submission.
>>
File: bender_laugh_moar.jpg (31KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
bender_laugh_moar.jpg
31KB, 363x310px
>>77931045
>surely the American legal system can't be that retarded.
>>
>>77931126
>what ever happened to being nice to people?
That never happened to begin with.
>>
>>77930929
What are you talking about? I'm a normal person just like you, I bet we have similar interests!
For instance, I like bike riding, Rollerblading™ and playing on a variety of game consoles.
Which game console do you have? We could talk about some great upcoming games!
>>
Hey, can you faggots wrap up the politics arguments so we can get back to groceryposting?
>>
>>77930135
Sorry I gave up, anon. If you're still around, please tell me how you Finns became dragon dildo Mongols.
>>
>>77931126
>Freedom of speech shouldn't be freedom to be an asshole

Why not? Shouldn't I be allowed to be an asshole to assholes?
>>
>>77931126
>Freedom of speech shouldn't be freedom to be an asshole.

Fascinating, but a law preventing such would end with you being thrown in prison for the rest of your life.
>>
>>77930508
WEEEOOOO WEEEOOOO WEEEOOOO

You can't prove something doesn't exist, and trying to require that of someone in an argument is a stupid thing to do. That's like saying "the existence of a divine being is so self evident you have to prove it doesn't exist, checkmate atheists."

Such issues can only be cleared up with evidence as to the existence of said disclaimer, or the best you can do is say that you haven't yet found evidence such a disclaimer exists.
>>
>>77931363
>>77931389
I think he was talking about being legally free versus exercising the freedom. Like you should have the right to be an asshole without Big Brother interfering, but that doesn't mean being an asshole is the right choice, morally.
>>
>>77931419
>You can't prove something doesn't exist,
But you've just proven your brain doesn't exist.
>>
>>77931427
The good news is that 'being an asshole' is a wildly subjective state, and that such freedoms are not hinged on your ridiculous, flawed, and whinging moral compass, and I pray that they never are.
>>
>>77931102
There's a big difference between "Well it can't hurt" and an "obviously necessary legal protection".
>>
>>77931475
I don't know what you're talking about or what part of my post was whinging. Did I trigger you?
>>
>>77931484
Admitted, though the first one can turn into the second one if everyone involved is ignorant and paranoid.
>>
>>77931102
Its basically this. You think all the warnings on shit mean anything? They're put there by people who don't understand tort or who legitimately don't want people to do something stupid like swallow magnets.
>>
File: 1441773411367.png (469KB, 916x513px) Image search: [Google]
1441773411367.png
469KB, 916x513px
>>77931509
>that doesn't mean being an asshole is the right choice, morally.

Only a triggered whiner could write this on a mongolian jpeg collection site in defense of a post like >>77931126

I am sure your response will be MOST enlightening.
>>
>When the lights come back on, look into the camera and smile.

What kind of ad will Jimmy be in?
>>
File: pepe laugh.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
pepe laugh.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>>77929709
>Mental Illness doesn't exist

Congrats, you're just as retarded as the people you're criticizing

PTSD is real, they called it Shell Shock during World War II, for one.

Also, you are misdiagnosing the issue on two fronts. Autism is real, our diagnosis net has simply broadened. Additionally, the bigger issue is dilution of terminology and self-diagnoses, where vocal morons attempt to appropriate doctor diagnoses and medical conditions.
>>
>>77931544
>or who legitimately don't want people to do something stupid like swallow magnets.

You ever wonder if they have lawyers sit around thinking of ways people could injure themselves with the item?
>>
>>77931557
>I am sure your response will be MOST enlightening.
You have a beautiful asshole.
>>
>>77928808
>And don't tell me that "you put yourself on the internet you should be open to criticism"
So you just want an audience to preach to? Well too bad, faggot, when you put your opinion out in the open other people have the same rights as you do, to express their opinion that your opinion is shit.
>>
>>77923005
My local bar
>>
>>77925568
Fuck yeah nigga, theres an IGA called like...Bob's or something over here in CT and its fuckin fantastic. THey got like butchers and shit cuttin meat in an open area that the customer can see if they want, so you can fuckin see them packaging the meats.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.