[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rick from Rick & Morty >Bojack Horseman >Archer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>Rick from Rick & Morty
>Bojack Horseman
>Archer
>Rusty Venture

Why are modern cartoons celebrating alcoholism as this defining cool trait that all """"deep"""", """""emotionally complex""""" and """"""avant-garde"""""" characters have? Drunks aren't complicated people and they certainly aren't able to perform the acts that characters such as the ones above can. Alcohol addiction literally kills brain cells, social skills and any hope you have of being physically fit and these cartoons would be much less awkward if they stopped glorifying it.
>>
Sounds like you need a drink anon
>>
>>77906864
It used to be cigarettes that made you cool but now that shit is evil so they have to hook people up with alcoholism.
>>
>Avant-garde

Do you even know what that fucking means?
>>
>Rusty
>""""""""""""""""cool""""""""""""""""""

In Archer's case it's another aspect of the Bond parody
>>
>>77906864
I don't think they celebrate it with Rick, pretty sure the show makes him into an awful person who could probably be better if he didn't get held back by his alcoholism but the alcoholism is also a product of him trying to cope with all the shit that he has seen and has happened to him because the universe if messed up.

Are we also suppose to think Rusty is cool? Guys is the most losers of losers and blames others for his shit, he's one of the worst people imaginable.

Archer definitely glorifies alcoholism.

Haven't seen Bojack horseman.
>>
Hahaha op is a straight edge virgin. Have a drink, get laid and chill out.
>>
File: 1432767133009.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432767133009.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
>>77906864
Nice pasta.
>>
Because alcohol is the socially acceptable and easy way to show someone is suffering and trying to numb the pain. They'd have to fight censors if Rusty was a heroin addict and they wanted to show him shooting up, or if Rick was popping pills.

And the fact that a lot of the time they act like they're enjoying themselves and having a good time isn't to in any way glorify or make alcohol look cool. It's to show how the characters are delusional, thinking they're happy even though they're quite clearly not.

And you know something, very often intelligent people are more depressed than idiots. So, it makes sense that Rick, rusty, etc. would spiral into some kind of drug addiction to repress life or dull their intelligence to a level that makes being around normal people tolerable . So it's not even bad writing, it's just been so many times outside of cartoons that it was cliche before any of the shows you mentioned did it, and now to have this many shows at once it feels additionally trite.

For every Rick there's a Homer and every Rusty a Peter Griffin that shows a straight up drunken idiot if you'd prefer.
>>
File: venture-bros-04.gif (476KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
venture-bros-04.gif
476KB, 500x375px
>Why are modern cartoons celebrating alcoholism as this defining cool trait that all """"deep"""", """""emotionally complex""""" and """"""avant-garde"""""" characters have?

What the fuck version of Venture Bros did you watch?

Anyway, the thing that all those characters have in common is a complete lack of control over their lives. So why would they be able to control their drinking if they can't control any of their other terrible stupid brain shit?
>>
>>77908353
Every time I see a bait image I haven't seen before it makes me smile.
>>
was Rusty even an alcoholic? i know he was addicted to painkillers and shit but the only time i remember him getting drunk was the first episode in mexico when he was hooked up to the IV
>>
>>77906864
Sounds like straight edge propaganda to me. What's your agenda?
>>
File: 1434076229745.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1434076229745.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>77906864
>Rusty
>alcoholic
no
>cool
no

You got some spaghetti in your keyboard there. Making some keys stick.
>>
>>77906864
Archer is a bond parody and bond drinks a lot
Bojack Horseman was a fucking mess it didn't glorify him at all
Rick is supposed to be a mess too
Haven't watched venture
>>
>>77906864
Rusty isn't an alcoholic, iirc. He's more of a pill popper.
>>
>>77906864
>Drunks aren't complicated people
Confirmed for bigoted faggot, people drink for all sorts of reasons and it's easy to become addicted.
Drunks need your help, not your scorn.
>>
These shows don't celebrate alcoholism. Despite what the network executives say not every main character is supposed to be a role model.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.