[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friendly reminder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: 1432471765365.jpg (163KB, 508x295px) Image search: [Google]
1432471765365.jpg
163KB, 508x295px
friendly reminder
>>
>>77905786
That speech is so fucking gay.
>>
He was absolutely right.
>>
>>77905786
Why isn't this a 4chan banner?
>>
>>77905786
Bullshit that captain america is a criminal who steals cars!
>>
Well, it's good if you have open mind, but at the end of the day, after analysing all data available you are going to have an opinion that seems to you the most correct and moral or at least the least wrong.

Is your vision of better society not worth standing up for?
>>
>>77906019
I doubt any /co/mrade's vision of better society is worth standing up for.
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (49KB, 758x530px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
49KB, 758x530px
>>77905786
FUCK YEAH USA! USA! USA!
>>
>>77906103
60 years ago that was everyone else you know?
>>
>>77905786
He represents America after all.
>>
>>77905984
well yes he is justified right in that image
>>
>>77906074
Not even yours?
>>
>>77906343
Nah probably not. I'm a wishy washy faggot.
I don't even have a vision of a better society.
>>
>>77905786

The American spirit is to look at any old establishment and say "I bet I can do better" and then start your own damn thing. It's why we split from the British ("you guys suck at representative demoncracies"), why Protestant christianity is more popular than Orthodox branches ("I can read from the Bible MYSELF and decide what it means thank you very much"), why we favor meritocratic capitalist systems of economics much more, etc, etc.

Cap isn't necessarily saying his side is the ONLY right side and is infallible, only that people have a right to stand up and defend what they believe in. We can argue all day about what those beliefs ARE, but at the end of the day, everyone has one and we can't stop that debate from happening.
>>
>>77906451
I do. Basically everyone is forced to read my fanfiction and say nice things about it.
>>
>>77906696
It was still a shitty speech. "River of truth" Uugggghh
>>
>>77906744
It's quoted from Mark Twain.
>>
>>77906696
Yeah but you can remove the context of forcibly drafting any and all superpowered individuals into a superarmy along side murderous villains and giving your identity to an intelligence organization with swisscheeselike security and therefore it's bad.
>>
Well, it is true. He's a fictional franchise character, so any writer or artist can make him right whenever they want him to be.
>>
>>77906696
>any idiot can read the Bible and understand it completely without the knowledge to properly know author's intent and other important aspects of each individual book

Keep in mind that protestantism existed before the internet and that even now people don't look things up anyway.
>>
>>77906744
>overt Biblical reference
>"shitty"

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's bad. Cap is drawing allusion to thr fundamental assumption of America's founding, that governments exist through consent of the governed, and individual liberties exist through a singular divine source that endows them, not because the government passed a law saying so.
>>
>>77906894

Don't have to tell me, I'm a Catholic and think that's a terrible way to approach Biblical exegesis and theology in general, but you can't deny it's the sort of mindset that has shaped most of America's unique branches of Christianity.
>>
>>77906807
>>77906914
>>77906956
>>77906894
>>
>>77906914
Who said anything about not getting it asswipe. Whats retard is that i had to read Cap pull that dumb dialogue out his ass and I'm supposed to sit here and feel "inspired".
>>
File: cap cup.png (234KB, 385x432px) Image search: [Google]
cap cup.png
234KB, 385x432px
>>77905786
I like Cap a lot but it does sound too arrogant when you think about it.
>>
The speech makes perfect sense and has described countless events throughout history that are seen as acts of good

It also describes events throughout history that are seen as acts of bad cause it literally just says "do what you believe in"

It's totally in character for Cap to say some shit like that.
>>
>>77905786

Cap has more wisdom than any of us

two lifetimes worth of wisdom

There's a fucking reason he's Cap. He's a good man to follow
>>
File: mfw captain america.gif (2MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
mfw captain america.gif
2MB, 500x210px
>>
...It was one panel. Why is /co/ constantly so fucking butthurt about it?
>>
File: Ungggghhhyeah.png (111KB, 237x255px) Image search: [Google]
Ungggghhhyeah.png
111KB, 237x255px
>>77905786
OP, You Ironmad
>>
>>77907808
/co/ holds grudges like no other board, see Bendis.

That said I'll take Cap over Iron Man any day since Tony will quip at you and treat you like shit while Cap is pure husbando material.
>>
>>77906819
>forcibly drafting any and all superpowered individuals

See, that kind of got to me.

I understand wanting to register metahumans. It just makes sense. If you have the capacity to spontaneously explode into a city-killing hellstorm of gamma rays, people have a right to know that. Plus it would help to identify or eliminate suspects in cases of metahuman crime. There has to be accountability. If they had just played up that angle, people wouldn't have been so upset.

But then they went all, "oh yeah and you'll be pressed into mandatory military service like this shit was North Korea" and just fucked the whole deal up.
>>
The idea of having principles is really offensive to me
>>
>>77905984

Really? Wasn't he fighting for democracy? For freedom?

This is what you get. The duly elected representatives of the people decided that regulation was needed, and he decided that it wasn't.

If a US soldier decides to oppose the decisions of the democratically-elected government of the country he swore to serve, what is that? Desertion, mutiny or treason?
>>
>>77908422
But Metacriminals are probably already in some sort of file, what with them being criminals.
The only person Registration hurts is good god fearing Metas who only mildly break the law.
>>
>>77906019

Then he should have taken off that uniform.

>>77906696

Actually, he said people have a right to put on a colorful outfit and mete out justice any way they choose, so long as they have super powers, without being registered - ie, anonymously.
>>
>>77908272
>see Bendis
To be fair that's not based on a single incident but do to his ongoing creation of mediocre comics.
>>
>>77907570

...Dude, you are making it REEEEALLY hard for me to avoid a Godwin right now.

>>77908272
>Tony will quip at you and treat you like shit

Thanks to the miracles of postmodernist asshole writers who aren't worth the lead of the bullets they should be shot with.
>>
>>77908422
>you'll be pressed into mandatory military service

Nnnno. They weren't. Training was mandatory. Signing up was not.
>>
Remember at the end of Civil War when Cap realized his fervent approach was harming the very people he sought to protect and so handed himself into custody and took responsibility for the damage he caused?

I mean, he was still adamant (and rightly so) about the grave mistakes of Tony and the government, but it was way more heroic to take a fall for his beliefs than stick to them to the point of domestic terrorism that tore up the streets of New York with no real tangible goals or endpoint for the Anti-Reg side.
>>
>>77908472
>If a US soldier decides to oppose the decisions of the democratically-elected government of the country he swore to serve, what is that?
that highly depends on whose command he is disobeying

its also mandated that a soldier should disobey orders he believes are wrong
>>
>>77908589

He then actively set up an insurgency against the US government.
>>
>>77908472
But the decision itself violates the civil liberties of
a sizable minority group (super humans) and is unconstitutional. Thus by opposing the registration
he was fighting for freedom so no contradiction there mate.
>>
>>77908576
>Training was mandatory. Signing up was not.

Because once the US spends millions of dollars training you to be a finely honed killing machine, they're just going to buy you a bus ticket and send you out into the world to do whatever, right?
>>
>>77906019
I really wish people understood this. when did 'thinking you're right and everyone else is wrong' become unacceptable bigotry? literally everyone thinks that. that's the definition of an ego. You can only trust your own perceptions. You don't rely on them 100 percent but you put them higher than anyone else's aside from a higher power
>>
>>77905786
Man, I'm not looking forward to the Civil War movie specifically because how shittily they handled the conflict in the comics.
>We have a disagreement!
>Let's tear up the streets and have a civil war instead of talking this shit out like we're fucking supposed to.
Why not just slap everyone with an anti-super belt and be done with it?
>>
>>77906894
Okay, it's a bit of hard work. But in the process of putting in that work, you learn even more. That's why you have to have the original hebrew texts around, and why you occasionally consult a rabbi. Catholic translation was 'fuck you this makes us look good. no you can't read it! we'll read it. it's in latin, you dont know latin'
seriously king james edited a bunch of shit to suit himself. it's all on record.
>>
File: no you move.png (890KB, 1051x1046px) Image search: [Google]
no you move.png
890KB, 1051x1046px
>>77905786
>>
only liberals and europoors think he's wrong
>>
>>77908699

How is getting super-powered people registered more unconstitutional than, say, registering gun owners?
And isn't there a clause in there somewhere regarding imminent natural disasters? Some of these people have extremely hazardous abilities.

>>77908726
They weren't training people into finely honed killing machines at all. They were training them to learn to control their abilities and to handle crisis situations, so they wouldn't accidentally cause another Stamford.

>>77908752

Yes, and we call people who hold their opinion as more important than the law 'criminals' when they act on that opinion.
>>
>>77907472
He doesn't. You are just insecure.
>>
>>77908823

That's funny, I thought liberals were the ones who were against government control - like Captain Rogers is, here.
>>
>>77908785
>Catholic translation was 'fuck you this makes us look good. no you can't read it! we'll read it. it's in latin, you dont know latin'

C'mon man, I just want to pay my priest an indulgence to absolve me of my sins. Is that so wrong? Spending money is a form of protected speech, so giving my priest money is like no different from actually expressing words of repentance anyways right? If God respects my First Amendment rights he'll accept indulgences as a true and just way to enter His grace
>>
>>77908860
Sadly, not anymore.
>>
>>77908860
When it comes to social policies, sure.
When it comes to stuff like guns (or in this case, super-guns) liberals will call for more super-gun restriction every time.
>>
>>77908913

Isn't that a good idea?
>>
>>77908960
If you trust the government to not abuse their super-gun privileges and for criminals to be caught before they can use their super-guns on anyone else, sure.
>>
>>77909009
That's literally already the case in real life though, regarding certain types of firearms, explosives, etc.
>>
>>77908833
>.How is getting super-powered people registered more unconstitutional than, say, registering gun owners?
And isn't there a clause in there somewhere regarding imminent natural disasters? Some of these people have extremely hazardous abilities.
So what is the government going to do about
super humans with "hazardous" abilities, what
is the government going to do about scarlet which going ape mode? The only thing the superhero registration act can accomplish is a false sense of security and votes for certain politicians.
>>
File: Captain Pol.jpg (180KB, 1024x644px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Pol.jpg
180KB, 1024x644px
>>77905786
Best edit
>>
>>77909472
Caught me off-guard
>>
>>77908833
Because one is a person and the other is a gun you have to actually purchase.
>>
>>77908860
Is this a joke post?
>>
>>77908823
Modern liberals are really pathetic desu senpai. They're so full of self-hatred that the very idea of sticking to your beliefs results in asshurt such as the kind seen in the OP
>>
>>77909682
If you go by the actual definition of Liberal, people who support liberty, he is correct.

America has a weird bastardisation of the word where it means anyone on the left of American politics.
>>
>>77909760
mostly because the right and the left in US politics has reflected social policies and not economic policies since Lincoln
>>
>>77908895
>>77908860
>>77909682
People on the far end of either wing want tons of shit banned or want similar things for different reasons or are in some way more authoritarian. That's why if you go to two more moderate yet leaning towards a side site they'll both blame the other wing for the exact same problem.
>>
>>77908698
Which is also expected if he believes the government is doing wrong. Isn't that one of the whole points there is a right to bear arms is so people can rise up against the government if need be?
>>
>>77909682
To be fair, the right-wing in US politics is even more absurdly controlling than the left.
>>
>>77906696
>meritocratic capitalist systems
lol
>>
>>77908860
Both liberals and conservatives want more government in some areas and less in others.

Liberals generally want less involvement with abortion, gay marriage, marijuana, and military, but more involvement in business regulations, economic aid, gun control, and (unfortunately, recently) policing "hate speech".

Conservatives are generally the opposite. There's also libertarians, who wants less government in all areas.
>>
>>77911191
Whats my political party if I want other people to live more or less by the laws we have now while I can do whatever the fuck I want without any form of repercussion?
>>
File: harrison_bergeron_0.jpg (21KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
harrison_bergeron_0.jpg
21KB, 620x368px
>>77908762
>Man, I'm not looking forward to the Civil War movie specifically because how shittily they handled the conflict in the comics.
>Why not just slap everyone with an anti-super belt and be done with it?

Y'know, I've always said that cape writers would be better off dipping into Vonnegut's work every now and then.
>>
>>77911191
> Do I have the right to meddle in this person's affairs or property? Well, are they hurting anyone, have intent to harm, or going to provably cause greater harm through inaction? No? Then I can fuck off.
>>
are we going to act like this isn't something Cap would say?
>>
>>77911402
The 1%.
>>
>>77908762
>People not ready to sign their life off to be used as an assassin for the US army?
>let's build space-guantanamo to house them in indefinitely until they do sign

Honestly, if that happened I'd be way beyond talking shit out. Steve giving up was fucking bullshit.
>>
I'm sure that speech was suppose to be cap saying

>"stand up for what you believe in and don't worry about the haters"

but it came out as

>"Never change your opinions, ignore everyone else and just stick to your ideals regardless of what anyone thinks because fuck them"
>>
>>77915974
I think that says more about the people waving his quotes around rather than him.
Much like a lot of other famous figures, some of whom were from real life.
>>
>>77915974
How so? I read the first one, especially in context
>>
>>77905786

>river of truth.

did someone remind Capitan America about all those people he killed during the century?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.