[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i finally picked it up. What did you guys think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1445306811730.jpg (44KB, 398x605px) Image search: [Google]
1445306811730.jpg
44KB, 398x605px
So i finally picked it up. What did you guys think?
>>
The main comic was awful, the Atom mini comic was much better.
>>
>>77903338
I dont know, it felt nice getting back to the world of tdk after so long. I know a lot of people give Miller a lot of flak over All Star and DK2 but i feel like this is a nice homage

that last bit at the end also got to me
>>
>>77903189
It was strangely dull. Even if it was insane like DK2 at least we'd all have something to talk about but it just reads like an Elseworlds mini
>>
>>77903189
How the fuck is SUPERMAN getting his face split open by a studded boot??
>>
>>77905777
It's Superman's only weakness.
>>
>>77903189
Went full SJW by the third page. Stopped reading there.
>>
>>77904616

There was nothing elseworlds about it. It could have easily been printed as the main Batman title. The story clearly took place in 2015, not in some wacky Reagan is president world or even the future. There was nothing crazy or Milleresque about it, just boring Azzarello dialog and safe artwork.

I didn't hate it, but I was expecting something fresh.
>>
>>77903414
>i feel like this is a nice homage
No it's a cash in. Frank Miller at his peak was one of the greatest talents the BIG 2 have ever seen, if they had to do DKIII without out it being just Miller they could've done a lot better than Azz and one of the Kubert kids
>>
>>77906918
>safe artwork.
It was just bad artwork. Batman's size fluctuates like crazy in order to make the " twist " work
>>
File: flass.jpg (126KB, 601x559px) Image search: [Google]
flass.jpg
126KB, 601x559px
>>77905882
>>77906740
>>77906910

Gotham City Police Department being shady and corrupt as fuck thugs isn't really bold new territory though
>>
>>77907046
shhh don't bring logic into this conversation
>>
>>77907926
Yeah because I'm sure the Dindu Nuthin movement had no bearing on that page.
>>
>>77903189
The "this is how kids these days talk right?" text message portion was painful to read. The artwork varied from mediocre to horrible. At least TDKSA art was interesting in a experimental sort of way, this art was just phoned in level bad. Litterally nothing but retreads trying to remind you of how great TDKR was but still just nothing new.

Like:
>Hey look the Atom is fighting some giant monster!
>Oh wait he's just small!
Retread of TDKSA. Kneejerk response to current events. Blacklivesmatter# now, 9/11 back in TDSKA.

Page of just talking heads to just remind us of TDKR.

There's nothing of substance to this. Just a phoned in cash in. Doesn't even seem Miller-esque aside from a few lines. I've never been more triggered by a comic and I liked Holy Terror and Strikes Again.
>>
>>77907967
Of course they had nothing to do with it. They dindu nuffin
>>
Is it true that miller has very little involvement with DK3?

i keep seeing conflicting info

he definitely didnt do any of the art save for a variant cover
>>
I hope /co/ gets shot by a cop.
>>
>>77905882
I think it's more of Frank interjecting his feelings current events into his writing like 9/11 in TDKSA but this time it's far less subtle. Far less.
>>
What the hell?
My comments were deleted because I said I'm tired of seeing all this "black lives matter" crap?
>>
>>77911034
go to /pol/ if you wanna be a dumbass.
>>
>Wondy's nipple
>>
File: batman44.jpg (91KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
batman44.jpg
91KB, 600x404px
>>77907046
>Gotham City Police Department being shady and corrupt as fuck thugs isn't really bold new territory though

C'mon man. Yes, Batman has fought police before, but this is clearly a response to the black lives matter stuff. Azzarello, did the exact same thing recently in Batman #44.
>>
>>77911073

>Non liberal opinions will not be tolerated.

And I thought liberals were supposed to be the "open minded" ones.
>>
>>77909098
>he definitely didn't do any of the art save for a variant cover

He drew the Atom mini comic

It seems like he was brought on for an advisory role or something similar back when his health was still weak, but recovering. He stated that he plans to do a DKIV by himself, but he still endorses part III
>>
>>77903189
>Finally picked up a comic.

I am unimpressed by your feat of strength.
>>
I thought it was sensationalist trash.

Read up to the part where the white cops were about to shoot the black youth.

Then I skimmed the rest of it and deleted the file.

Comics suck these days.
>>
>>77911258
Don't forget the Scott Synder Batman too.
>>
>>77911490

There's always good comics out there anon! What do you like to read?
>>
>>77912182
>>77911258
>>77908254
I mean, I haven't read the comic, so I'm not sure exactly HOW heavyhanded it is, but it's not really like Miller to jump on the SJW bandwagon. He's a nutso conservative, right?

Could it be that you guys just don't accept that that is now part of the common vernacular of how people view American police officers? They're not Irish tweedly-dee bobby's any more, and they're not hardboiled detectives. They're just kid-killing thugs these days.
>>
>>77912381
See for yourself. Gotham cops hunt just hunt down and kill random good christian minorities seemingly in this context. It's just a bit too on the nose with current events.

It's might be Azzarello as Frank ususualy doesn't paint minorities in the best light often times but who knows.
>>
>>77911490

Just do what I did and abandon Editorial Mandate Marvel and DC and go to Valiant!

For real these books are really well constructed physically, true uberbooken
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.