[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>royalty >military leader >honorable and wise >talented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

>royalty
>military leader
>honorable and wise
>talented warrior
>has a PhD in Physics from Oxford

Why do black people spend so much time talking about a black Spider-Man hand having a likable hero when they already have such an awesome character and role model in T'Challa?
>>
Casuals don't know shit about BP. He was a B, maybe honestly even C-tier character before now
>>
They can't relate to him
>>
>>77902887
Kek
>>77902881
True shit
>>
>>77902858
Because he's African, not American.
>>
>>77902858
you forgot

>complete asshole
>abandons wife for childish reasons
>wants people with cancer to die
>almost destroyed the world
>>
Because it doesn't fit the narrative being shoved down everyone's throats. You can't have a black role model, you have to assimilate and corrupt a white one.
>>
>>77902858
This is like asking why white people like Spider-Man more than Iron Man or Mr. Fantastic.

It has little to do with race and more to do with the fact that normal people can relate to the more normal-type heroes easier than they can to kings and billionaires.

Batman is probably the exception though, since everyone wishes they could dress up in black and break criminals' legs.
>>
>>77902858
Because they don't know any better

>>77902887
I'm black and he's my favorite black hero
>>
>>77902934

His wife's buddies drowned half his kingdom and that's a childish reason?
>>
>>77902858
>black spider-man
oh so adorable
>>
>>77902934
>Implying a lot of Americans don't relate to that
>>
>>77902982
Namor is singular buddy. I doubt she knew any other Atlantean.
>>
>>77902982
So now his wife is to blame for what other people do? Even when she realized it was wrong and wanted to apologize and help make things better?

Worse, what the hell was T'challa doing siding with the Avengers. He should have remained neutral like in CIvil War or at least trust his wife.
>>
>>77902858
>Same reason people were giving Marvel shit for Captain Falcon when Isaiah Bradley and his family exist
>Same reason why people would campaign and call Marvel/D.C racist for not making a well established character black but completely ignore already established black characters.

Casuals and guilty white people don't care about the comics. There are people that wanted Donglover as Spidey but ignores the fact that he would be a better Static.
>>
>>77902934
>complete asshole
Kings are assholes. You want limp dick people pleasers get a president.

She stood with the people that wiped out half his nation's people.

>wants people with cancer to die
The powers in his nation didn't want it to be released to the world. And it was later proven true that it would be turned into a weapon.

>almost destroyed the world
Name an avengers/x-men/FF etc hero that hasn't.
>>
>>77903057
>Worse, what the hell was T'challa doing siding with the Avengers. He should have remained neutral like in CIvil War or at least trust his wife.

If the Phoenix destroyed the Earth, Wakanda's gone too. You can see how neutrality might not be an option for someone who wishes Wakanda to endure.

There's no point trusting his wife in that regard when she has no power to stop the Phoenix; it's not like the X-Men were able to stop the Phoenix from destroying a solar system in the Dark Phoenix saga or destroying all the planets it encountered on the way to Earth in AvX. Trust is all well and good, but you'll still burn.
>>
>>77903060
>There are people that wanted Donglover as Spidey

I don't even care that they want him as Spidey, it's the fact that they want him as Peter.
>>
>>77903126
Oh yeah, I remember them going on about how Spidey's misunderstood and maligned by the media and citizenry and therefore it's only logical for him to be a black guy
>>
>>77903104
Except the Avengers never had any plan to stop the Phoenix. They were making shit up as they went along. Cyclops had at least one theory and part of a plan that could have or couldn't have succeed. If it comes between trusting the people who has half a plan and the people who has no plan, I would pick the former.

Besides, T'challa is well known to be a man that thinks about his own plans. Why he didn't had a plan of his own to protect Wakanda. Why wasn't he preparing himself with his people instead of trusting Americans who's best plan is to kidnap a girl?
>>
>>77903183
>Except the Avengers never had any plan to stop the Phoenix.

Did you miss the part where they built a giant robot to destroy the Phoenix?

>Besides, T'challa is well known to be a man that thinks about his own plans. Why he didn't had a plan of his own to protect Wakanda. Why wasn't he preparing himself with his people instead of trusting Americans who's best plan is to kidnap a girl?

T'Challa and Tony built the Phoenix-buster together. Evidently that was his plan.
>>
>>77903126
>>77903147
I think the sentiment was usually 'why not?' Which created an interesting dialogue originally I think, to see how much people cared and why, but I don't think I'd care personally so I'm tired of the discussion at this point.

On the subject of T'challa, his representations is all over the place. His most acclaimed run in comics was retconned in one of his most lauded runs by the subsequent writer. Since comics have been back in the zeitgeist for the last decade or so they've been trying to make him more appealing of a character and it's slowly working thanks to Hickman.
>>
>>77902858
Because they want an african-american superhero. T'Challa is just African.
>>
>>77903208
If that was their plan then why did they attack Utopia and kidnap Hope? Why send Thor Noh-Varr and others in a suicide mission to fight the Phoenix? It's clear they had no plan.

Also did you miss the part where this plan failed and divided the Phoenix into 5 parts, one of them inside Namor, the guy who destroyed Wakanda? The destruction of Wakanda was his fault to begin with but he blamed Storm? That's childish.
>>
>>77903349
Backups and redundancies
>>
>>77902858
black batman
>>
File: mario.png (7KB, 282x289px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
7KB, 282x289px
>>77902858
He's a nigger
>>
>>77902934
And this isn't relate-able to black youth in America how?
>>
>>77902858
I fucking hate Miles, BUT I do love T`Challa, Al Simmons, Red Falcon, and John Stewart.
Theres plenty of cool black super heros.
Miles is boring as fuck.
>>
File: t-challa wayne.jpg (154KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
t-challa wayne.jpg
154KB, 640x984px
>>77902858
He is a Black Batman that is not even better than batman in his own universe.
>>
>literally WE WUZ KINGS
>>
>>77902974

Are you the spokesman for black people?
>>
>>77902858
because meow
>>
Why do white people spend so much time sucking Batman's dick when Mr. Terrific is a better character?
>>
File: 1427485094935.jpg (74KB, 447x620px) Image search: [Google]
1427485094935.jpg
74KB, 447x620px
>>77903317
>His most acclaimed run in comics was retconned in one of his most lauded runs by the subsequent writer.
>>
File: MrTerrific.jpg (21KB, 200x397px) Image search: [Google]
MrTerrific.jpg
21KB, 200x397px
>>77904712
Damn right!
>>
File: senpai pls notice me.jpg (187KB, 432x420px) Image search: [Google]
senpai pls notice me.jpg
187KB, 432x420px
>>77902858
He is so awesome that even Cap wanted his BB dick inside him.
>>
You know all those guys that say "Superman is boring and too powerful"? BP has that problem in spades. There's a tendency to overcompensate with him and make him the most awesome of them all. Do it too much and its off putting.

And that's in the good runs. Bad runs with the character (looking at you Hudlin) multiply that by about a billion.

Black Panther goes Bat God too damn quick for his own good. People like Spidey because he's a fuck up and being a fuck up is humanizing.
>>
>>77902858
because black people and Africans are two entirely different kinds of people
>>
File: blackpantherpriest.png (825KB, 905x537px) Image search: [Google]
blackpantherpriest.png
825KB, 905x537px
>>77908371
>>
As sald before T'Challa is somewhat off putting because his stories tend to be very bombastic.

This dude appeared as an enemy lf the FF because he wanted to fucking train and hone his skills for someone else.

Sure, Priest went with more politics, introspection and character growth.
But when left alone, T'Challa will never be street level.

Dude is traveling to other planets, drinking wine with his enemies, playing chess with Oblivion, doing whatever the fuck Baast wants him to do, gutting his own citizens whenever someone tries to be the next BP, telling his undead dad and gramps to shove as he can now go full mystic.

The man is a pure a fantasy as there will ever be.
>>
>>77902964
Underrated fucking post. I swear, /co/ is starting to become more and more like /pol/ every day. It's pretty disgusting.
>>
>>77903993
He's a cat themed shadow
>>
File: pantherskull2.jpg (107KB, 620x973px) Image search: [Google]
pantherskull2.jpg
107KB, 620x973px
Black Panther is awesome
>>
>>77909077
>Underrated fucking post. I swear, /co/ is starting to become more and more like /pol/ every day. It's pretty disgusting.

I wish everyone who said this and "/co/mblr" would either make up their minds or fuck off forever.
>>
>>77909077
your post makes no sense
>>
>>77902887
This is exactly why I don't like Batman.
>>
>>77902858
>why do black people blah blah blah
Why are white people such bitches?
>>
>>77912861
>>>/pol/
>>
>>77912861
But they're not?
>>
Real answer: because he's not a very good character. It's far too easy for a writer to cross the line and make him seem like too much of an unrepentant asshole. "Honorable" soon turns to "stubborn," "intelligent" into "smug," and "talented warrior" into "NUH UH! BP WINS CUZ WAKANDAN TECH IS DA BES!"

I mean... we can only re-read Priest's run so many times...
>>
>>77913205
>we can only re-read Priest's run so many times
Pleb confirmed. Mcgregor is BP's best writer
>>
>>77902934

Reed Richards does all of that, every single run.
>>
File: kYJ10GzB_400x400.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kYJ10GzB_400x400.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>77902858

Listen up shitlord, REAL african POCs don't and won't look up to a white-guilt exoneration fantasy character.
>>
>>77913387
>white-guilt
Where do you get that from?
>>
>>77913521

He's trolling.
>>
>>77904340
As a black person I can safely say that yes, he is.
>>
>>77917908
Not for me, nigga.
>>
>>77902911
THIS.
>>
>>77902858
>>royalty
>>military leader
>>honorable and wise
>>talented warrior
>>has a PhD in Physics from Oxford
That why. He's try hard " Super Black hero", he make Spawn look modest
>>
>>77902911
I fucking kek'd
>>
>>77918326
He's more like a SJW guilt fantasy of a Black Uber Mench.

Fucking unrealistic And unachievable by any standards.
>>
>>77903032
Namor did nothing wrong except to make sure all those dickheads drowned.
Wakandans are more xenophobic than any with supremacist or Islamic militant.
>>
>>77912861
>bitches
Yeah because white people are stopping people in college libraries from studying by chanting black lives matter as loudly as possible.
>>
>>77904712
He's not though. Also batman has one of the best fleshed out universes so even if you hate Batman you may love jim gordon, nightwing, joker or one of the other big characters in the universe.
>>
>>77918461
And being loud at movie theaters. And getting angry that McDonald's ran out of chicken nuggets. And abandoning their kids.......
>>
>>77918420
White Supremacist
>>
>>77902858
fuck this guy, he had the cure for cancer but refused to share because muh evil white man while his kingdom was ruled by a tryant because their election is based on a MMA match, very progressive
>>
>>77902858
He's basically an amalgamation of Batman and Dr. Doom, but black and boring.
>>
>>77918387
Him being black Uber man is pretty much his point.

Which can be all kinds of interesting if played straight, especially since he's African and not American
>>
>>77918387
Like literally every other mainstream superhero ever, you twat
>>
>>77918420
Oh, Namor wrecked Wakanda properly. Then sent Proxima to Wakanda again. And later Namor's Cabal went there, for third genocide. Everyone was dead except people living in other countries.
Wouldn't be surprised if Ultimates showed Wakanda all nice and well.
>>
>>77918420
namorfag pls go cry about his death somewhere else
>>
>>77918025
You're my spokesman.

you can kill yourself now
>>
>>77904012
This is the dumbest /v/ meme in a while, and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>77920568
HOL UP
>>
>>77920424
As your spokesman I decided not to.
>>
Same reason MCU does well: Normies want the quips
>>
>>77902964
I think Batman gets all the fans because he has all the toys. And I don't just mean for kids to play with. All his bat-gizmos are just super toys. From his batcar to his bat-shark repellent, he is easy to envision as an everyman with cool 007 type "toys". All that grit and emo and "my parents are dead!" crap is just decoration for a boy running around playing with his super toys.

That is why it is so easy to boil and simplify batman down to a young kid's cartoon, and he stays popular and recognizable to his adult fans.
>>
>>77918461
>because white people are stopping people in college libraries from studying by chanting black lives matter as loudly as possible

And that's terrible. Almost as bad as holding innumerable clan rallies, prior to lynching people, after beginning multiple World Wars.
>>
>>77902941
No, it's because he's not western
>>
>>77902858
>I know every black person
>Implying we're not getting hype over Black Panther

Go outside once in a while.
>>
>>77921420
GOTAM!

POL GTFO
>>
>>77908455
Black Panther failed his only mission in life, all the people are dead in Wakanda, he is the king of the dead.

Haven't read Ultimate Avengers yet, did that stick?
>>
>>77918326
You fucking plebs talking about BP being so powerful and black, like he's the only powerful black super. He doesn't even compare to Blue Marvel
>>
>>77902858
They don't know he exists.
>>
>black Spider-Man
Miles is basically a stand in for Peter - but with an inferiority complex. He's likable because he is more humanized.

>T'Challa
He is very awesome, huh? I can't wait for Civil War. But, at any rate, he is probably not as "popular" because he is so perfect
>super fast and powerful when he eats that nectar/flower
>super smart and wise from his council of Panthers and his PhD in physics
>vibranium-woven armor and vibranium claws
>skilled in many combat styles
Etc. etc.

He's almost TOO good. A little less relatable.
>>
>>77902858
I wonder how much shit people would get if he was a white African
>>
>>77919777
I think a better way to describe it is that he's unrealistic and unachievable in a way that shuts down your fantasies rather than spur them on.
Sure, spidey can do insane things and has whacked-out strength, but he's a very human character, personality-wise (especially fucking up time and time again), and his web-shooters are the result of him applying his smarts.
That's relatable and human.

Black Panther, by contrast, seems like a smug know-it-all jackass who can do no wrong.

He's batman without the psychosis or the compelling villain roster.
>>
>>77923853
Spider-Man is a literal high level IQ genius that fucks supermodels and whose high school bully is his biggest fan. Nerds use him as wish fulfillment because he used to be one 50 years ago and sometimes he can't make rent on time or is late to class and dates, such human much relatable.

You haven't read a story with BP in it in 15 years if you think any of that shit in true.
>>
>>77918326
Except he had to earn all of that painstakingly through hard work and dedication

His dad was murdered by a foreign interloper and T'Challa had to hone his mind and body to become the king that Wakanda needed AND pass his trial to ascend as the Black Panther.

Until Hudlin's bullshit retcon, Wakanda didn't become cutting-edge until T'Challa studied abroad and sent the brightest and best people overseas for instruction. That and selling vibranium in controlled amounts to invest and build-up infrastructure. This was the work of one man and Hudlin took it away from T'Challa by saying Wakanda was always superior to the white man, which makes them assholes for not helping their fellow Africans during European colonization or crap like apartheid or Rwanda.

T'Challa pre-dated Preptime Batgod by decades. He has to be this master strategist, warrior king, diplomat, businessman and superhero because the fate of his nation hangs in the balance. If it weren't for him, Wakanda would be plundered for its vibranium reserves.

I loathe SJWs and all this affirmative action bullshit, but T'Challa is a great character because circumstances forced his hand in becoming who he is. And he did it through mental exertion, blood, sweat, tears, fatigue, and an ironclad will.
>>
>>77924197
This.
Also:
Black Panther were in more good comic books than bad ones. He just had a rough 00's.
>>
>>77924197
How did they manage to protect the Vibranium, before T'Challa, if they weren't technologically advanced? Where they just really good at selling and hiding where it came from?
>>
>>77918461
Glad I graduated because I'd be pissed if protestors with nothing better to do were interrupting my studies in the library. Where the fuck was the library personnel?
>>
>>77924292
They were isolationist as fuck. They didn't even like other Africans (something Hudlin didn't know or care about). Wakanda is surrounded by mountains and was overlooked for more attractive prizes. Plus the outside world didn't realize the Great Mound or what vibranium can do until it was too late for mercenary companies and Cold War politics to interlope. T'Chaka's death set things in motion for Wakanda to thwart the outside world.
>>
>>77924923
Totally get that isolationist stuff but T'Chaka was alive in WW2, so how did he sell Vibranium without being caught? They sold it to the Allies.

Actually, that makes sense, cause it was only after that that Klaw found out about it and tracked it down.

Now that I think about it, it makes T'Challa even more brilliant. He took a nation's tribal instincts and utilized it, buying bright minds and sending people to study to change a nation from low tech to the highest of tech.
>>
>>77902911
This and because he knew his father
>>
>>77920396
He'll be back faggot.
>>
His name and the fact that he's african alienates a lot of white people. Hell, I can guarantee that as soon as he gets a popular movie conservatives on the news are going to suddenly pretend he's a symbol of racism.
>>
>>77926926
>acting like the queen still doesn't have a commonwealth

The world still laughs at us Canadians who are still under her rule
>>
>>77926968
>The world still laughs at us Canadians who are still under her rule

No, they don't. People would have to give a shit about Canadians to consider them worth mocking.
>>
>>77926984
they don't even know it, but when they are told about it they laugh.
>>
I'm still mad he's being played by an american actor as opposed to a british or african one.
>>
>>77927420
He says while Superman is English.
>>
Didn't he try to seduce Susan Storm while she was married to Reed? Doesn't seem very honorable. Also you forget he's strong enough to constrict Silver Surfer.
>>
>>77928363
They weren't married.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 733x800px
>>77902858
Peter has a better ass, and a better roster of villains.

T'Challa's main enemy is his Caucasian sea elf counterpart, Namor.
>>
>>77902964
Which is ironic because Spider-Man is just as if not more intelligent than Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic, and he also becomes a billionaire in some runs.

I guess every young person thinks they're a genius too though
>>
>>77902858
Who doesn't spend that much time talking about Venom though? He's tight as shit
>>
>>77928753
Bat-Venom.
>>
>>77921420
That is pretty terrible too, good thing that hasn't happened in over half a century.
>>
>>77928921
I think the last non-prison Klan killing was in the late 90's.

Neo Nazis largely took over the killers.
>>
>>77928943
the amount of people who are Neo Nazis and Klan members are even more a minority than black people are.

Individuals that deranged no longer apply to their race, only insanity.
>>
>>77928991
Yeah, but then you'd have to eliminate radical Islam.
Also Donald Trump supporters. That guy is fucking creepy, with his ethnic registries and talk of genocide.
>>
>>77929028
well who gives a fuck about sandniggers, fuck them all anyways for being goddamn terrorists
>>
>>77929086
Slippery slope, anon.
Trump doesn't really like anyone but Slavics. Who knows who's next.
>>
>>77903098

I am fairly confident that Jubilee has never nearly destroyed the world. Its not exactly within her reach.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.