[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does time travel work in the flash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: The-Flash-vs-the-Reverse-Flash.jpg (1MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
The-Flash-vs-the-Reverse-Flash.jpg
1MB, 1920x960px
How does time travel work in the flash?
>>
The CONCEPT of time is bound by the laws of conservation. You need to reach a certain energy output and the rest is history
>>
this kid goes fast as and just ends back in time, don't ask questions just enjoy this 10/10 show
>>
>>77897124
SPEEDFORCE.

Seriously, the speedforce is like the megagod of all gods. It is a living essence that exists outside of spacetime. It was, is, and always will be.

Barry is the physical incarnation of the speedforce, and all he has to do to travel through time is run fast enough so that the speedforce within his body merges back with the main essence, and since it exists at every moment in every possible universe, he's able to travel back and forth through time and through to other dimensions.
>>
>>77897124
time only exists because of motion. with no motion there is no time, stasis.
Speedforce is the platonic ideal of motion. Thus speedforce can manipulate time as well.
>>
>>77897124
Speed force.
>>
When Barry goes back in time is there two of him or does he take the place of the original in that time line?
>>
>>77897382
Speed Force.
>>
>>77897388
>>77897343
>>77897265
Got it
>>
>>77897382
There will be however many Barry's there as there should be
>>
>The average bullet travels at 2,500 feet per second (around 1,700 mph)

>Flash can only run at Mach 2 (1534.54 mph)

why don't bullets time travel?
>>
>>77897124
same as Back To The Future

go fast enough, go back in time, speedforce is flux capacitor.
>>
You run so fast Time can't catch up with you, then you gain some laps on Time.
>>
>>77897124
It doesn't. All semblance of internal consistency was thrown out when Eddie shooting himself (mostly) erased Wells.
>>
>>77897124
Time travel is not recursive, but progressive. That is, the past cannot be altered, only the present can, which affects the future. The purpose of time travel is to change your current present. Going before the past is the only way to change the past. This is what keeps the timeline mostly intact. Eobard being erased from time only erased him from that moment onwards, not before, because before that point, the components for him to exist in that time(Barry and Eddie) were still in the states they needed to be to sustain his position. Future-Barry being removed from his current state(when F-Barry left back to the future) stranded Eobard in time, being that he lacked a Speed Force to siphon. Eddie being removed as a factor(dead) removes Eobard altogether, but only from the point Eddie was removed onwards.

However, time travel has incremental exchange. Alter something that was going to happen, something equivalent will happen in its place. Barry goes back and prevents danger to the city and many other small details, but those incremental issues still have to occur, they just occur in different manners. Eobard advancing the timeline changed events but they still occur roughly as they should, so he maintains the future he wants to return to.

>>77897382
There is likely a small fork in the timeline, but one where the old timeline is unexplored beyond that point because, well, everyone's dead/it sucks, fuck that. So far, the knowledge you will travel in time hasn't stopped or prompted that event, just preceded, without causation. Barry witnessing his future self in the finale is possible because Barry ultimately does not change anything in time, nor does witnessing his future-self ghost running along side him, but that signifies the split itself. The split is caused by returning in time and changing things. Again, you can only change the future from the present. Barry seeing future-Barry doesn't change time, but Barry seeing past-Barry DOES.
>>
>>77897430
Delete this.
>>
>>77897447
Eobard was never erased from time, he was merged back with the speedforce.

Dude, seriously. Read the comics before trying to explain speedforce.
>>
>>77897465
>Read the comics before trying to explain speedforce.
I wasn't explaining Speedforce, I was explaining time mechanics. Speedforce is goesfast and Eobard is erased.
Eobard was never part of the Speed Force, why would he be reabsorbed into it? Barry's the one who's pure Speed Force.
>>
>>77897465
Would Speed Force nix the paradox? That might actually why the singularity happened, rather than your basic "poof, everything's like it should have been" sorta time re-write.
Or maybe I'm slightly tired and thinking too hard about this.
>>
>>77897430
Shhh
>>
>>77897447
>Eobard being erased from time only erased him from that moment onwards, not before, because before that point, the components for him to exist in that time(Barry and Eddie) were still in the states they needed to be to sustain his position.
But that's not true. Eddie deciding to kill himself was just as responsible as pulling the trigger, as the bullet entering him, as his heart stopping, as him not having kids, etc. And the same can be extrapolated backwards until the moment the timeline was altered to put it on that course.
>>
>>77897507
By asking any questions you've already put more thought into than the writers did.
>>
>>77897430
They don't have speedforce, idiot.
>>
>>77897599
How do you know that?
>>
>>77897430
flash taps into speedforce magic, bullets do not.
Also, he is much faster than a bullet when he believes in himself xDDD
>>
>>77897606
Speedforce.
>>
>>77897610
>>77897609
How do you know the bullets weren't affected by the explosion?
>>
>>77897335
doesn't it also work the other way too. if you move fast enough say the speed of light your own time slow down too.
>>
>>77897599
You should try some shotgun mouthwash.
>>
>>77897619
Speed force let's me know.
>>
>>77897430
more like how can barry stop bullets that are going 200 mph faster than his max speed
>>
>>77897491
Reverse Flash is a part of the speedforce, he's the negative to it's positive (Flash). Zolomon Zoom is the one who isn't a part of the speedforce.

Again, learn how speedforce works. When Professor Zoom is killed, he never really dies because he's a part of the speedforce. Dead speedsters merge back with it, unless Black Flash, or Death, touches them and permanently removes them from the speedforce. Black Flash is literally the only thing that can permanently erase a speedster from the speedforce. It doesn't erase them from time, it just cuts their connection to the speedforce so that when they die they stay dead.
>>
>>77897619
I don't see bullets in a red suit running around.
>>
File: XjDG2ie.jpg (9KB, 296x213px) Image search: [Google]
XjDG2ie.jpg
9KB, 296x213px
>>77897276
>the speedforce is like the megagod of all gods
could not be more wrong if you tried

There are so many high tier beings above the speed force it's not funny.

Stop wanking so hard, and read some DC cosmology.
>>
>>77897335
>with no motion there is no time
i don't know if that is true because if every thing stop moving we would be unable to measure time. can you say time has stop when we just can't measure it. meanwhile the universe would still be expanding. so time would not have stop we just would have a frame of reference.
>>
>>77897664
Cosmic DC and Marvel is some of the most boring shit to read about. Not even the Guardians of the Galaxy movie could get people interested in cosmic Marvel.

Only the most autistic of autistic manbabies are into that shit.
>>
File: 1446051919644.png (601KB, 594x542px) Image search: [Google]
1446051919644.png
601KB, 594x542px
>>77897709
> when you can't even be bothered to put effort into your bait

Try hard, chum.
>>
>>77897124
More important question: Where the fuck was King Shark this episode? They promised King Shark this episode!
>>
>>77897784
>They

You're getting '/co/' confused with 'showrunners' again.

Stop believing every little shitpost someone says on here.

/co/ said tom welling was going to be in the episode. Why aren't you asking about that too?
>>
File: crying_pepe.jpg (72KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
crying_pepe.jpg
72KB, 300x250px
Forget about how it works. Can we all agree that this week's crossover was shit?
>>
>>77897856
a) you're in the wrong thread for that

and b) it's not shit. You're the one with the shit taste, friendo.
>>
>>77897856
Yeah. The whole thing felt a bit too, I don't know "Arrow-y" to me? There was some good moments tho.
>>
>>77897856
The crossovers are always shit. The only one I sort of enjoyed was the first one where Arrow visited the Flash.
>>
>>77897806
The actor that plays Diggle said it.
>>
>>77897856
I loved the Flash-part of this weeks crossover. And I find it so interesting that the Arrow cast always got better chemistry with their Flash counterparts then they do amongst themselves. Like for example the 5 seconds Cisco and Thea spoke last ep had, they better chemistry and character interaction than Thea/Oliver have had since PTSD-Ollie in season 1.
>>
>>77897856
Most of it was great, Hated it Felicity says it will take some time to get the betamax to work and a second later she gets it on tv using a laptop, hated Felicity crying and playing the victim again and probably one or two more things I can't remember
>>
>>77897661
Of course you don't. They're too fast.
>>
>>77897124
Mach 2 + speed force + What the fuck more do you need? You read speed force and it ain't got to explain shit = time travel
>>
>>77897124
Time/Space divided by GOES FAST. Plus Speed Force, I ain't gotta explain shit.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.