[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Look At Simone Missick As Misty Knight, Frank Whaley, And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

http://mcuexchange.com/first-look-at-simone-missick-as-misty-knight-frank-whaley-and-dawson-on-set-of-luke-cage/
>>
>luke cage

boring nigger unless the white weeb is standing right next to him.
>>
File: -= page 07 =-.jpg (378KB, 940x702px) Image search: [Google]
-= page 07 =-.jpg
378KB, 940x702px
>>77888339
>>luke cage
>>
File: Aunt May.jpg (165KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
Aunt May.jpg
165KB, 580x580px
>Not robot arm
>NO AFRO
>>
Where's my money, honey
>>
>>77888151
At first I was opposed to a white guy playing Misty Knight, but seeing him lying there like that I think he can pull it off
>>
Was she officially announced as Misty, or is this just them making shit up because she's a black woman?
>>77888562
If it is her, imagine how hype you'll be once her arm gets cut off.
>>
is it too much to ask that they have to go undercover in a disco themed party in a nightclub and he can wear the old costume to blend in?
>>
>>77888648
Yeah, he'll do fine. I don't know why Wanda Sykes is holding his hand though.
>>
>>77888151
Not sass enough. And not disco enough by half.
>>
>>77888339
>>>/tv/
>>
>>77888670
The tiara is never coming back, anon. You need to let it go. It's tearing you up inside.
>>
>>77888650
>Was she officially announced as Misty

Yes.
>>
it looks like the opening to a law and order. I can deal with that
>>
>>77888151
Is that Claire? So I suppose this is the big cameo from Cage, right? Unless they don't go that route
>>
>>77889270
Cox has been seen on set and has taken pics with Colter
>>
Ehhh... Simone Missick is not who I would imagine Misty as.
>>
>>77889423
You're not pulling my leg are you, Anon? I need more Matt/Cox in my life pronto, and if this is true, it's the best chance I'm gonna get for a while
>>
>>77888650
>Marvel continues the trend they have in their love action works of forcing someone to loose a limb
Based Marvel, stick to that trend, I'm loving it!
>>
File: megaforce.jpg (66KB, 763x373px) Image search: [Google]
megaforce.jpg
66KB, 763x373px
>>77888648
I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did...but good job bro
>>
>>77888339

I'd rather see a Heroes for Hire show than individual shows for Luke & Danny
>>
>>77889610
Or... You know... Daredevil S2 which is coming out before Luke Cage.
>>
>>77891159
That was specific to Phase 2 as a running gag and nod to TESB.
>>
>>77892598
Did Jessica Jones count as Phase 2?
>>
If Iron fist doesnt make a cameo, I will be pissed. If DD makes a cameo, I will be less pissed.

Does anyone know If Luke Cage will be a prequel or sequel to JJ?
>>
>>77893151
>Does anyone know If Luke Cage will be a prequel or sequel to JJ?
Essentially a sequel, but obviously we'll see stuff from before JJ.
>>
>>77888562
Based on Jessica Jones at least its quite clear they're embarrassed of that kind of thing.
>>
>>77895193
>Comic is about down to earth interpretation of super-heroics
>Adaptation tones down comic-bookness for a more "grounded" feel

Big surprise there
>>
>>77895276
They didn't tone it down, they ignored it. Thats who the characters are, its a bad adaptation.
>>
Why can't all women be Rosario Dawson?
>>
>>77893151
>>77894600
I thought parts of it will be before JJ, parts will be during, and parts will be after?
>>
>>77888562
Don't be retarded, she'll probably either get her arm blown off later in the series or in Iron Fist.
>>
>>77888151

is Rosario's character supposed to be Netflix's version of Coulson?
>>
>>77895749
Everyone assumes she's Night Nurse.
>>
>>77895295
>Purple Man is an egotistical fuck
>Jessica is a drunken mess
>Luke is just kind of there

Sounds like Alias to me
>>
>>77895782
He's talking about being embarrassed of the original material
Like purple skin, robot arm, etc
>>
>>77895778

I thought it was cool that Agent 13's cover was as Night Nurse.
>>
>>77895276

Alias was more about a cynic's view of the Marvel universe. Jessica Jones is about a cynic who just happens to live in the Marvel universe but might as well not.
>>
>>77895819
A single change in Alias away from something that would either look silly or cost a lot for good CG or make up.
Oh no. They totally didn't get the character.

Also he said "Thats who the characters are"
Purple Man is not his skin color
>>
>>77895880
BUT MUH CHEMICALS THAT CHANGED SKINTONE
>>
>>77895749
Luke and Claire dated in the comics way before he was with Jessica. I think they are going to go that route. Slow burn to him and Jessica being together.
>>
>>77896044
I thought she just met Luke in JJ. She tried the needles on him too and figured out he was "special".
>>
>>77895880
>Jessica Jones is now a rape victim
Important change.

>Purple Man doesn't have purple skin
Unimportant change.
>>
>>77895819
You people will complain about anything.

I hope you understand how stupid Jessica Jones would have been if Killgrave was actually all purple. No one would take the show seriously, he'd stand out as all fuck. You can't really be creeped out by someone who looks silly. You can be more easily creeped out by someone who looks like everyone else.
>>
>>77896058
She'd been stalking him for a while before actually talking to him.
>>
>>77895778
>In the television series Daredevil, Claire Temple (played by Rosario Dawson) is amalgamated with Night Nurse.[12] Daredevil season one showrunner Steven S. DeKnight noted that the character was originally "going to be the actual Night Nurse from the comics... we had her name in a script and it came back that it was possible [the Marvel Cinematic Universe films] were going to use her" and "had plans for her down the road," necessitating the team to use the more obscure comics character Claire Temple as her name.[13] Dawson will reprise her role in both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.[14] The Night Nurse appears in Season 1, Episodes 12 and 13, of Netflix's Jessica Jones when Jessica Jones brings the unconscious Luke Cage to the emergency room where Claire Temple is working.
>>
>>77895276
How in the freaking world is Iron Fist, of all people gonna fit? I can understand why they're having trouble, the one thing that anchors him to the street-level verse is his tight relationship with Luke (and Misty+Colleen).

I know his show's still coming, but do they even have the budget for multiple locations (spanning different time periods, KL itself? Well, if CW can do it...)

We could end up seeing a VERY watered down IF.
>>
>>77896683
See, this is exactly what's going to hurt the Netflix series in the long run. There's no point in seeing different aspects of the MCU if every series has to adhere to a grounded aesthetic. Why even have Iron Fist in a setting like that if you're not going to go full-Wuxia?
>>
>>77896581
Being a rape victim makes complete sense considering what he did to her, It enhances the drama, adds an extra level of threat and sleaze to him and makes him more menacing.
>>
>>77896683
>>77897167
I think that's why they're going for Iron Fist last. You get all the street people out of the way like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Punisher out of the way, then go for Iron Fist. By the time Iron Fist is out, people will have already seen Dr. Strange, so mystical stuff should be acceptable in the MCU
>>
>>77897365
>mystical stuff
They'll just rape our souls and have it be psychic powers perceiving alternate realities through meditation and practice which leads to manipulating reality via quantum physics and math ala the lame Cage film; Sorcerer's Apprentice.
>>
>>77888151
>Dawson
Damn, i got hyped for JVDB for a second.

Damn you OP
>>
>>77895782
Yea its like alias but its a bad adaptation still.
>>
>>77888151

>No afro

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>77898873
I mean ultimately that is kind of how it does work in the comics. Loki can do magic by literally lying to reality. In the movies Thor said that magic is indistinguishable from advanced technology. but if it was as easy as applied math, Stark could do it easily, which he cannot.
>>
>>77897365
I think you'll start to see the Wuxia stuff introduced as Daredevil enters The Hand storylines with Electra, which will make it less of a sudden shock when Iron Fist starts ki punching people.
>>
>>77895880

Alias' main appeal was taking a grounded noir P.I look of the MCU. Turning it entirely into grounded PTSD survival story where they downplay everything cape related as much as possible misses the point entirely why Alias was fun.
>>
>>77899066
it also downplayed the fucking noir P.I elements....

what was the point of that show?
>>
>>77899090
>what was the point of that show?

To introduce Luke Cage.
>>
>>77899090

Pretentious abuse allegories. Somebody wants that emmy award nod badly.
>>
>>77898873
That's what mystical stuff is
>>
>>77899066
I'm not saying it was a good Alias adaptation. It was a shit Alias adaptation, it stretched a single arc over 13 episodes and relied on retarded contrivances to keep running.

What make JJ a bad show and adaptation is the poor writing and impossibility to use most of the stories and themes effectively from Alias. Not because Jessica is now a rape victim instead of merely someone forced to want sex while being repeatedly denied it and Purple Man just wearing purple suits
>>
>>77899090

To trigger /pol/.
>>
>>77895819
You guys are dumb
>>
Please tell me they aren't making Danny asian.

Oh god I am so scared of that happening.
>>
>>77900198
Him being white is pretty crucial to the story, though
>>
>>77900242
Yes, I fully agree. Him being white properly shows how alien and out of place he really is amongst the wuxia style chinese world that Iron Fist dwells within.

But you just fucking know people'll bitch about cultural appropriation.
>>
>>77895388
this is what is happening.
>>
He'll have a silver headband at the end of it. Mark my words.
>>
>>77888339
How many times do we have to tell you, he's a Reverse-Banana, not a Chinaboo.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.