[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's doing worse at the moment /co/? Both feel like they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Banner-Marvel-VS-DC.jpg (486KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
Banner-Marvel-VS-DC.jpg
486KB, 1280x932px
Who's doing worse at the moment /co/?

Both feel like they're trying really hard to fix what isn't broken lately.
>>
Both have great runs right now. /co/ is nitpicking. But MARVEL is doing better in terms of money and shit.
>>
>>77867574
it's a mess. better just to skip it.
>>
>>77867574
>Who's doing worse at the moment /co/?

Financially? DC.
Creatively? Marvel.

But that's been the case for like... 40 years, no it's really not much of a surprise.
>>
Factually, DC is going worse.

It should be another 4-5 years before they're back to the old status quo.
>>
Assuming you're talking about creative, not financial, DC is still pretty good, and even Marvel still has like three salvageable books. Why do you have the feeling DC has been "trying really hard to fix what isn't broken" ?
>>
>>77867574
DC's been dead since 2011, OP.
>>
>>77867754
At this point I think it's going to be longer than that. Supes still isn't wearing his classic costume.
>>
Nu52 started terrible and is gradually... glacially, you might even say... starting to shape up. I'm reading a handful of DC books now, which wasn't the case for a long time.

Marvel... only stuff I'm really looking forward to with them is written by Ewing and Duggan. Although I'm willing to give Pak's Cho Hulk a shot.

fuck geoff johns and dan slott though
>>
>>77867574
Marvel is broken, it has been broken for decades, they got their shit in the right place during Civil war (terrible event, terrible books, but it was all comic related gimmicks, not the view), and then planet hulk, wwh, secret wars and siege, traditional bad books. DC on the other hand was on the top of their game at the time of Final Crisis, but then it all went to shit when they started trying to mimmick Marvel with crap like Blackest night and blackest day. By Flashpoint DC was already dying, DiDio lose to much control, Johns got a job that was way beyond his capacity, and DC's "heroes reborn" started.

Who is doing worst? DC, they have better books, but they are not selling, so no only they alienated traditional hardcore fans and destroyed their universe but also failed to get new readers. At least when marvel did the same they could keep their numbers high.
>>
>>77867574
They both tuned into sjw garbage.
>>
>>77867679
>>77867754
Except DC comics is making more money
>>
>>77867920
lel
>>
>>77867848
And not a single of those books needed a new universe.
Take Midnighter, that book could had been done easily in the old universe. new52 gave us shitty stuff like the teen titans and at the same time took away good oportunities, and pretty much every goodbook so far could had been done on new earth.
>>
Well I'm typically called a Marveldrone but I'm down to two Marvel books and adding DC ones to my pull list practically every month or so.
>>
DC. Marvel has Star Wars, successful films, and Disney behind them. They'll get by fine for a while.

DC had an event and re-branding that didn't do well, and are bringing books back to the status quo to get sales back up.
>>
>>77867920
Kek
>>
File: 1397183667359.png (152KB, 292x379px) Image search: [Google]
1397183667359.png
152KB, 292x379px
>>77867737
>Implying DC was better than Marvel in the 70s
I might give Marvel the 80s, too. 90s onward I'm with you, but 70s Marvel is where its at.
>>
>>77867920
They are the top book publisher but their month to month floppy sales are worse
>>
>>77868041
DC really would have been better off aping Marvel's stupid relaunch shit. I think new52 hurt them more than it helped. Sure there was an initial sales boost, but that's not really helping them now and I think a lot of older readers were unhappy with the whole thing.
>>
What the hell? People actually believe DC is being better financially, and Marvel is doing better creatively?

It's the complete opposite. Marvel has some good books, some great books. DC has a lot of good books, a lot of great books. Both have quite a few bad books as well. Marvel just sells way better, when it comes to floppy sales.
>>
>>77868152
The problem is that it wasnt needed. It all came from the executives not being happy with Didio and Morrison and how the death of batman was handle (like having a homeless bruce under drugs when TDK was the hottest movie).
>>
To think that back in '84 - Marvel almost bought up DC.

Instead of arguing about the Big Two and having company war threads, we'd be talking about the latest... Idk The League of Avengers/Avengers League. Or a Cap and Batman team-up series.
>none of that Amalgamation crap
>>
>>77868238
LTR
>>
I love me some DC cock: The Board
>>
>>77868248
God, not this again. They almost got the rights of destribution, nothing more. Stop with that tupid meme
>>
>>77867754
People have been saying this for four years now, ever since the New 52 happened. At his point it's hilarious; I literally laughed out loud.

We're going on half a decade of this denial.
>>
>>77868287
No. I'm pretty sure it was publication. As in:
>all your base are belong to us

http://youtu.be/9pDnYxBxZBE
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.