[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is fucking killing me. I'm half way through the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: moral_orel.jpg (28KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
moral_orel.jpg
28KB, 500x250px
This show is fucking killing me.
I'm half way through the third season and Jesus, it turned a fucking turn for the worse, didn't it?

Like, the first two seasons were just pretext to the soul destroying third season.

The anon who recommended this to me was right.
>>
>>77860415
Love Moral Orel. Just one of the best TV shows ever, period. Fucking hilarious, amazing character development, intelligent delivery of its messages with the dark tone wrapping it all up nicely.
>>
You got it. Reinforce the premise over two seasons, then watch it all get brutally deconstructed in the third.

The third season isn't all dark, thankfully, at least when taken all together. There is a couple episodes that offer 'breathing room' of sorts.
>>
When they go camping get ready, cause shit shares getting depressing.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-01-23h55m50s197.png (479KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-01-23h55m50s197.png
479KB, 640x480px
>Hand in unloving hand
>I hope you die
>I hope we both die
>>
Clay is the biggest victim of the series.

All his failures and abuse of Orel, Shapey, and Blocky is his floundering attempt at being a father due the scars of his childhood and the horrible sham of a marriage Bloberta trapped him in.
>>
File: 60550240.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
60550240.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
Rev Putty and his daughter are the best characters
>>
>>77860806
Stephanie is based as hell.

She's my clayfu
>>
>>77860748
You can tell by his name that he was always the center of the show.

All the other characters have clever puns on plasticine.

But he's just "Clay".

No puns. Just Clay.
>>
>>77860806
>>77860821

My niggas.
>>
>>77860806
Just finished Closeface.
I'm really happy Putty was able to accept her.
I like that a lot.

This is one of the few good happy episodes this season
>>
I am Clay.
>>
>>77860415
I still consider season 3 to be the best thing in television history. The way these puppets become the most real characters imaginable is astounding.
>>
I like the episode where several near death experiences teach him that church isn't a physical place, which he then forgets because his dad beats him.
>>
>>77862533
Haha!
Aren't cartoons great?
>>
>>77860415

keep watching it anon
there's only like an hour left
>>
>>77862533
he doesn't forget anon, he just learns to keep this experience to himself
>>
>>77862533

Are fundies that brainwashed that they don't understand this though? Doesn't the bible make it clear that church is about the gathering of people and not the physical building?
>>
Watched the first episode, didn't like it.
When does it get better?
>>
>>77862655
They don't read the Bible.
Not wholly.

Fundies know only that God is everything and that church is the only thing that separates them from scum
>>
>>77862681
It's cutesy and cliche'd as hell up until the end of the 2nd season.

Then it gets painfully real.

Like the first two seasons are framing for the last one.

Oh haha, Orel took advice too seriously. Haha.
Then the repercussions happens in the 3rd season.

It's only 10 minutes an episode. You can get through it.
>>
>>77862681
>>77862719
this

I didn't like the show until I saw the episode titled Alone, now I've seen the whole series at least twice over and I can't get enough of it. If you have to watch out of sequence to keep interest then go for it, but if not please just stick with it. It's worth it.
>>
>>77862764
Alone needs the prior 2 seasons to really have an impact.

Nurse Bendy, Teacher Sculptham, and Mrs. Censordoll were just caricatures.

But then they became real.
If you just start watching when they become real characters, it's just normal.

But they first need to be just stereotypes.
>>
>>77862696
>protestants revolt against a church they see as becoming too much about a worldly place and an institution and not a person's relationship to god
>their modern extremist descendants becomes obsessed with their worldly churches and institutions
It never fucking ends. It just keeps going around and around.
>>
>>77863830

The solution is obviously for us to all once again be united under the caring love of the Mother Church.

Rejoin the flock, my Protestant Brothers and Sisters.
>>
This thread has finally convinced me to check this show out. I didn't realize it went any further than being a one note Davey & Goliath parody.
>>
The Mountain Goats are pretty good.
>>
File: iu[2].jpg (53KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
iu[2].jpg
53KB, 300x367px
>>77863987
>>
>>77864056

I got into the Mountain Goats because of this show, and they're at least partially the reason I'm alive right now.

So, pretty good choice in music, Dino Stamatopoulos.
>>
>Took a turn for the worse.

What's the most soul crushing aspect is that when you finish Season 3 you have that realization back in Seasons 1 and 2 things were always this bad.

Things have always been this bad.

It makes rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 even more depressing.
>>
>>77864116
Jesus my nigga you always come tru.
>>
>>77860845
Clay is a name people have in real life, buddy.
>>
>tfw Closeface
>>
File: 1448589939195.jpg (13KB, 236x262px) Image search: [Google]
1448589939195.jpg
13KB, 236x262px
>>77864056
tfw Matthew 25:21
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.