[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some morals that you feel children's movies and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Hercules_(1997_film)_poster.jpg (43KB, 296x438px) Image search: [Google]
Hercules_(1997_film)_poster.jpg
43KB, 296x438px
What are some morals that you feel children's movies and cartoons don't touch on enough. I think Hercules's message that its the heart that makes someone a hero and not there actions.
>>
>>77858032
bumping for potential
>>
I'm pretty sure the actions are a very important part in being a hero.

Putting a fancy costume on and beating up people does not a hero make (not saying Hercules is like this, though).
>>
I agree with >>77860427. I really don't think that was the message at all. The difference between the showy acts Hercules did which didn't make him a "true hero" and saving Meg which did wasn't purely in the heart. Yes, his motivations being different in that the other acts were self serving and saving Meg was just because he wanted to help her did matter. And yes that is a matter of heart. But what was more significant was that saving Meg was also selfless in that it had an element of sacrifice. He was really going to give up his life to save her or die trying. If he'd died on one of the other jobs it would have been a coincidental unfortunate accident. Unlike when he saved Meg he didn't go into any of the other hero things expecting he might die. That makes these actions different in themselves and not just in heart.
>>
There's nothing wrong with being a stereotypical girly girl.
>>
nigga actions speak louder than words. A hero is someone who has done heroic feats. Sure you don't have to be a demo god to be a hero, but Herc was still a hero because even after he turned normie, he still did the heroic action of saving Meg from the underworld.
>>
>>77860675
Technically Herc had his powers back by the time he was swimming in the underworld. The deal was broken when Meg died.
>>
>>77860670
Um, if that's okay with you.
>>
>>77860670
Some aspects of the stereotype are bad behaviors.
>>
Not necessarily a moral that isn't ever touched on, but goddamn this movie just did it so unbelievably well.
>>
>>77860427
>>77860648
Your right, what i meant to say was that the heart is more important then the actions themselves instread of implying that the actions didn't matter
>>
A few I can think of:

>Hunchback of Notre Dame
>Just because someone won't fuck you doesn't mean you should hate them.

>Paranorman
>Being bullied isn't an excuse to become a bully

>Megamind
>Unpopular underdogs are not always good people, and often stop being "nice guys" as soon as they no longer have to be

>Monsters University
>Sometimes hard work doesn't cut it
>>
>>77860918
MU's theme is a pretty heavy one that I wish saw more presence, especially since people who grew up with the first film are in college now.
>>
>>77860918
Monsters U left a bad taste in my mouth. I've always been a firm believer in "you can do anything you put your mind to, but some goals require extra effort to overcome natural limitations".
In a sense though, Mike WAS able to fulfill his goal if you compare the ending of the original- after the city moved to laughter for more efficient power, Mike was finally able to participate out in the field like he dreamed to as opposed to just maintaining the tanks.
>>
File: 4449596-8450628728-25353.jpg (240KB, 756x800px) Image search: [Google]
4449596-8450628728-25353.jpg
240KB, 756x800px
Don't train and work, kids.

You can best people who trained their asses off their entire lives just by being the same special snowflake you always were, without changing jack shit.
>>
>>77860918
>>>Being bullied isn't an excuse to become a bully

I really liked this in Paranorman. It seems natural to want to brush off all the townsfolk for being mean to Norman, but they weren' really bad people. Just people. And people sometimes do hurtful things.
>>
>>77861317
>You can best people who trained their asses off their entire lives just by being the same special snowflake you always were, without changing jack shit

But he did train. A lot. It just helps that he was also the chosen one- so there's that.

And Tigress can still take him down.
>>
>>77861317
He trained and worked plenty you salty fuck.

The real lessons were:
-The same methods don't work for everyone/everything, sometimes you need to approach problems in a new/different way to get the same results (this is what Shifu learned training Po).
-You already have the "secret ingredient", you just have to USE IT (this is what Po learned).
>>
>>77861448
>But he did train
Yes.

He "trained" in his own special way, which involved the very same thing he always did -- eating.

The point of self improvement is to actively change, become a better person.

He changed nothing.

Not stumbling into well established tradition (whether it's kung-fu or anything) and expecting better results that people who literally dedicated their lives to that art with no effort put in, just because "MUH CHOSEN ONE".
>>
>>77861578
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>77861064
Yeah, but Mike living his dream eventually like that had nothing to do with his hard work. It was pure luck that changed the game and made it turn out he was suited to the change in the market.
>>
>>77861578
>He "trained" in his own special way, which involved the very same thing he always did -- eating.

Eating was his motivation. He actually had to do pushups and balance exercises and everything else.

>>He changed nothing.

Except actually train. That also required him to believe he actually stood a chance and that training was even worthwhile in the first place.

>>Not stumbling into well established tradition (whether it's kung-fu or anything) and expecting better results that people who literally dedicated their lives to that art with no effort put in, just because "MUH CHOSEN ONE".

The rest of the Furious Five can still take him down.
>>
>>77861317
Did you even watch either movie you dickhead?
>>
Disney's Hercules is a really good superhero movie
>>
>>77858032
I thought the moral of Hercules was that no one will like you unless you get swole.
>>
>>77864783
Nah, no one liked him because being a clumsy dork and having the strength to knock buildings to the ground is a pretty horrible combination. Even after all the gains, no one was taking him seriously until he started actively killing monsters and saving people and other hero stuff.
>>
>Powerpuff Girls
>cross-dressing degenerates like HIM are what's ruining the world
>>
Even though CatDog wasn't that great, I like it's moral of "You can be proud of who you are, but not everyone is going to accept you for it."
>>
File: Brianna_Wu.jpg (156KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Brianna_Wu.jpg
156KB, 1600x1200px
There was a Fairly Oddparents episode where Timmy wishes that everyone was a gray blob so this dentist kid would stop insulting his teeth. Hijynx naturally ensue. The episode's punchline was the dentist kid espousing how much grayer and blobbier he was than everyone else. I don't care much about the moral (be urself) but I thought it was a real succinct way to sum up smug narcissists. They don't need a reason to pat themselves on the ass they assume their great by the virtue of them being them.
>>
>>77865310
>their great
They're great* I'm a faggot.
>>
>>77861448
If Shan Yu whupped Tigress and Po whupped Shan Yu how can Tigress whupp Po
>>
File: mind-game.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mind-game.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
Mind Game is /a/ material but the message is still important.

It doesn not matter if you have a good or bad life, what matters is that you are here and can experience all the wonders of it.
>>
>>77865517

Because Po works with a heavy dose of confusion-fu. He does unexpected stuff, and goes at things differently than many others, and catches people by surprise by just being his dumb fat panda self until, surprise, turns out being a dumb fat panda and kung fuing you in the face when you let your guard down are not as incompatble as you thought. When he can't pull off strange maneuvers, though, he always gets his behind kicked, because even though he's a competent kung-fu practitioner, and tougher and stronger than most (because bear), he's not as fast or technically capable as most of the cast. He beat Tai Lung more or less by making him too angry to actually fight properly while staying calm himself. Tai Lung didn't even fight him for most of the fight, he completely ignored Po and went at the scroll, and it fucked him over.

Tigress knows him. There's literally nothing Po can do to misdirect Tigress. And in a straight fight she whups his ass, much like in a straight fight Tai Lung would have whupped his ass.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.