[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is he so unappreciated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

File: bendis.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bendis.gif
2MB, 320x240px
why is he so unappreciated
>>
>>77849807
Unappreciated?
>>
>>77849859
Wait, people don't appreciate Bendis?
>>
>>77849807
How happy would Bendis be if a black guy calls him his nigga
>>
>>77849946
He would cream his pants.
>>
>>77849901
Bendis?
the writer?
>>
File: 1345881612997.png (105KB, 327x338px) Image search: [Google]
1345881612997.png
105KB, 327x338px
because people don't read comics for the writing, they read them for hero worship
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6kT2LHrI0w
>>
>>77849807
literally just because cosmicfags shitposted to death for a period and now everyone is in the meme of hating him.
>>
I've been angry since his butchering of everyone that was on West coast avengers.
>>
I aint stroking your ego Bendis.
>>
File: BendisKittySandwich.jpg (82KB, 552x380px) Image search: [Google]
BendisKittySandwich.jpg
82KB, 552x380px
FUCK OFF! Why aren't the mods doing their job?!
>>
What he did to the avengers was a damn monkeys paw.

>Make Avengers A-list
>None of the avengers you care about
>Destroy any sense of family they once had

Fuck him, Luke cage and his drunk whore.
>>
>>77849957
Bendis
>>
>>77849807
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>77849807
Bendis has surpassed being a writer. He has transcended into being a meme. /co/, /tv/, and soon /v/ will bow before him. The copypastas are only contained to /co/ for now, but once they spread to other boards, it's over.
>>
>>77850592
Kitty threads are now Bendis threads?
>>
>>77851039
Image from a Bendis comic which leads to more Bendis faggotry.

Yes.
>>
>>77849807
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
>>
File: 1435723320330.jpg (30KB, 596x581px) Image search: [Google]
1435723320330.jpg
30KB, 596x581px
>>77849957
>>77849901
>>77849859
>>77850698
Guys.

This joke never gets funny.
>>
>>77850921
/v/ just went "WHO IS THIS BALD FUCK? AND WHERE ARE MY VIDYA?" when he came on in that Playstation direct promoting his shitty Powers show.

They forgot about him and unless Bendis directs a game or something they will continue not giving a shit.

Don't think /tv/ cares eitheir unless they are /co/mrades crying about him on /tv/, Bendis has been making sad attempts to get on TV and movies, he doesn't have Millar's ability to properly sell his shit without Marvel backing him up (and even then). Now with Feige kicking him and his group out he has less of a chance to do movies.
>>
>>77851289
Funny? Really? The joke never gets funny?
>>
File: BendisByrne.jpg (344KB, 472x589px) Image search: [Google]
BendisByrne.jpg
344KB, 472x589px
>>77849807
Bendis is awful, pic related, holy shit what a cringey fan letter .

He is the living proof as to why no comic company should hire fanboys as writers.
>>
>>77851391
>Never had really long hair have you, Brian?
Well, Byrne got him there.
>>
>>77851290
Bendis is the writer of some future Avengers game, that's why he's gonna be entering /v/. As for /tv/ he pops up in Jessica Jones threads, but luckily it's not as often as it is with /co/.
>>
>>77851391
Fuck me, this is /co/ writing a letter.

Better be careful guys, the next Bendis could be among us right now.
>>
>>77849807
Why does Bendis have a fetish for Speech bubbles & Continuity problems, OP?
>>
>>77851391
that's the most autistic thing I've seen in a long, long time
>>
>>77851438
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bd4OeguMpI
>>
>>77849807
>Unappreciated
I want babbies who think they can be informed without reading anything to leave.
>>
>>77851438
He's been a part of /v/ since he showed up at e3 to promote Powers

It was the worst part of Sony's stage show that year
>>
>>77851487
so new on 4chan
>>
>>77851438
>Bendis is the writer of some future Avengers game,

Huh? The only recent news I heard is that he wrote for an Avengers game based on Secret Invasion that got canceled for reasons unknown. Is there actual news somewhere that he's actually working on a new Avengers game?
>>
>>77851289
the quality of the joke directly reflects the quality of bennises writing
>>
>>77851317
He thinks it never gets funny?
>>
>>77851803
He as in the anon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-ojYPivAI
>>
>>77851445
Which is why I said no fanboy (or landwhale for that matter just see Marvel right now) should ever be writing in comics.
>>
File: 1445189091436.jpg (40KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1445189091436.jpg
40KB, 1462x1462px
>your favorite characters will never be written by Bendis

DC master race here
>>
>>77851525
Yeah but /v/ still doesn't give a fuck about him in the levels that /co/ does.

>>77851714
Nope he isn't writing video games for the time being, he said so in his tumblr since he was recently asked about it.

Outside of comics he's too busy with his Powers tv show to do anything else, he even stopped writing for the USM cartoon.
>>
File: Bendisflying.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bendisflying.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
>>77849807
Fuck it, lets really make this a Bendis thread.
>>
>>77851289
You know what never gets funny? What I think never gets funny is, y'know, not this joke, because this joke is kinda funny. But some other jokes out there, jokes that aren't this one, they never, they never get funny.
>>
>>77852802
A Bendis thread?
>>
>>77852811
That's funny.
>>
>>77852811
Jokes? Other than this one? What jokes other than this one is going on here? Someone's, uh, someone's gotta tell me about all these jokes that are happening, other than this joke.
>>
>>77852698
>implying /co/ isn't full of landwhales
>>
>>77852831
Yes, a thread about Bendis, you know, the comic book writer.
>>
>>77852657
The anon. He thinks it's never funny?
>>
>>77852869
Landwhales? In /co/?
>>
>>77852876
A thread about the writer? Bendis?
>>
>>77852884
He thinks it's never funny. The anon reads the joke so many times, and not once, not once, he doesn't think it's funny. He thinks it's not ever funny. You'd think he'd think it's funny once, but no, not even once. So, when it's not even once, then it's never. It's never funny. That's what anon thinks. He thinks it's never funny.
>>
>>77852900
Yeah /co/, as in a place in 4chan, it's apparently full of landwhales.
>>
>>77852928
He's read it too many times? No wonder he thinks it's never funny. He's forgotten why it was funny.
>>
File: 139399462265.png (9KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
139399462265.png
9KB, 296x170px
>>77849960
>Bendis
>A good writer
>A decent writer
>A passable writer
>A mediocre writer

Good meme.
>>
>>77852943
He's forgotten why it was funny? I don't know. There's a LITTLE wonder he thinks it's never funny. You don't forget why it was funny like that. Just from reading it too many times? Forgetting it just like that? Because he's read it too many times? I'd wonder a little. You saying no wonder but I'm, you know, I'm gonna wonder.
>>
>>77851195
Kitty faggotry is now Bendis faggotry? Poor Claremont.
>>
>>77852999
It's a wonder. It's really a wonder.
>>
File: muh soggy knee.jpg (2MB, 1310x1043px) Image search: [Google]
muh soggy knee.jpg
2MB, 1310x1043px
>>77852802
Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.
>>
>>77852751
>he even stopped writing for the USM cartoon

Thank fucking god.
>>
>>77853342
Is it a wonder?
>>
File: all.png (40KB, 113x265px) Image search: [Google]
all.png
40KB, 113x265px
>>77853850
>le sexism

When will this fad die
>>
File: GOTG2015003-Asrar-cov-6a2b4.jpg (293KB, 900x1370px) Image search: [Google]
GOTG2015003-Asrar-cov-6a2b4.jpg
293KB, 900x1370px
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>77854326
>Why is that exactly?
Bendis' -- comic book writer Bendis' -- crush on Kitty Pride is creepy.
>>
Fats Morrison, you mean?
>>
>>77854119
It's a wonder. You know it's a wonder.
>>
>>77854470

I've always felt ashamed that I couldn't tell them apart.
>>
>>77853850
Not sure if serious or trolling.
>>
>>77854326
My favorite copypasta
>>
File: 1447787753719.png (356KB, 1152x744px) Image search: [Google]
1447787753719.png
356KB, 1152x744px
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
>>77852906
Bendis thread...
>>
Every thing he's done since his avengers run ended has sucked

And i say this as a guy who loved, His Avengers,Daredevil, Spider-woman, and Moon Knight
>>
>>77857778
>And i say this as a guy who loved
>His Avengers
>Moon Knight
>Spider-woman

Fucking how. I don't even agree on Daredevil either, but at least I see the appeal there.
>>
>>77854787
What about Brian K Vaughn
>>
>>77853850
>>77854326
>>77855062
I thought they were joking about Bendis becoming a meme, but damn.
>>
>>77857868
Moon knight was a radical take but on its own it was good.

Spider-woman was fun but not amazing.

And his avengers had a nice comfy family vibe to it, It had its spoty moments, Secret invasion was a waste of time, the H.A.M.M.E.R war was more of the same, but every thing else i quite liked

Luke cage Being team leader, The new Iconic faces joining the team,Norman Osborne ruling the world, Aries. and lots of other little things.

Unlike ANAD and GOG there are actual things to like.
>>
>>77859785
>radical
In the sense of turning an interesting and singular hero into yet another quick-witted goofball.

Avengers always had a "family" vibe, but it never got in the way of them actually doing something. And FF has always done that better. I'd probably be more tolerant if it didn't go on for a decade.
>>
>>77859869
I never got the family vibe from the runs before, much like hickmans run it always felt like more of a business.

Any way im not gonna debate the merits of the run.

Just let the fac tthat a person who considers him self of a fan of his past work thinks the last 2 years of his content has been utter shit, and make of it what you may
>>
>>77860037
>post opinion on discussion board
>doesn't want to debate
I'll never understand this.

Still, you should check out Stern's Avengers. The best one all said and done, and also shows as much character interaction as it does superheroics. Busiek, too, though it's much more of a retreading.
>>
>>77860109
I don't want to debate cause i Debated my opinion for 10 years

also iv read sterns run, its one of my favorite runs

My list is like Sterns, Brusiek, Bendis, Slott, and Remender as my top 5
>>
>>77860333
Ok, that's an otherwise good top 5, so I'll let it go. I'd swap Bendis and maybe Slott for someone like Englehart, myself. Good choices, especially Remender; Rage of Ultron may be the best Pym story ever.
>>
>>77860391
Engelhart never clicked with me, he was way to into mantis.

as for Remender, the Apocalypse Twins arc alone gets him on the list, ROU is just gravey
>>
>>77853850
>>77854326
>>77855062
Fuck you. Thanks to you I can't disassociate Kitty from Bendis anymore.
>>
>>77859785
>The new Iconic faces joining the team
you can enjoy new faces in Avengers but not on Guardians?
>>
>>77860591
Of course i can,On Paper Mr.s Mervel, Venom, and Even Thing and Iron man Joining sounds awesome.

It's the execution i think is shit
>>
>>77860620
I think it's too early to claim Thing and Kitty's execution as shit. I agree on Venom though.
>>
>>77860654
Thing maybe...Kitty...no its been bad ever since their first cross over and it keeps getting progressively worse.

I have never seen some one try so hard to fit a square peg into a round hole
>>
is bendis naturally memetic or is it part of his manufactured image?
>>
>>77851289
This joke isn't funny? Really? Am I supposed to be a goddamn comedian now?
>>
>>77860730
They said the same about Cage, Spider-Man and Wolverine in the Avengers. It's just a matter of making it fit and Bendis at least is creating a story to try and make Kitty fit, unlike Iron Man, Venom or Captain Marvel.

Unless you think relationship is not enough of an excuse.
>>
>>77860730
It's unbelievable.
Make a new fucking character, or do a Morrison/Moore/Fucking Bendis himself and grab a more obscure cutie and rewrite her personality.
>>
>>77854649
*blank stare*
What do you mean?
>>
>>77860822
Absolutely not enough of an excuse. It's like if when she was with Piotr she learned Russian and spoke it with him whenever they talked.
>>
>>77860822
>Unless you think relationship is not enough of an excuse.

Itss not also

>Iron man

Was already in space via his ongoing.

> Captain marvel

Read her history she used to be a starjammer, and her Franchise is already a cosmic oriented, to the point people bought the rumors she was gonna be int he First GOTG movie.

>Venom

He has/Is an alien parasite.

they all fit and made sense

Thing dose to a certain extent being an astronaut and all
>>
>>77860822

Also Cage and Spiderman Fit, Spider-man was already a Reserve member, and Him and cage were both in that "Were grown ups now" Phase so when they teamed up to help cap stop the break out of the raft if felt natural if you knew their histories

Wolverine, was also interesting, He had just come out of enemy of the state, and was feeling like shit for what he did while eh was Hydras puppet (assaulting multiple superheros, stealing world ending doomsday devices from the fantastic four, killing Northstar) He had even left the X-men and was in one of his self imposed Exiles he is wan't to do. And was chilling int he savage land when the avengers came across him.

Tony offered him membership as a way for him to atone of what he did, as far as reasons for a character to join a team that seems as good as any to me.
>>
>>77860569
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little DCfag? I’ll have you know I got my honorary doctorate at the Institue of Art, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret fanfics on Marvel characters, and I have over 300 confirmed words on a single page. I am trained in decompression and I’m the top writer in the entire comic book industry. You are nothing to me but just another buyer. I will wipe you the fuck out with memes the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with talking shit about Kitty Pryde over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of shills across reddit and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the retcon, maggot. The retcon that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can write anywhere, anytime, and I can make you gay in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare head. Not only am I extensively trained in Bendis speak, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Marvel Cinimatic Universe and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your favorite characters off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking money. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn casual. I will shit Luke Cage all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking blocked, kiddo.
>>
>>77849807
How would you appreciate it if your wife had a mental breakdown, make your kids disappear, converted to Judaism, and left you for a 6' 6" tall muscular black man wearing a tiara?

Because that's what it feels like to have Bendis write comic books.
>>
>>77861059
X-Men are also very related to cosmic. Kittys most important stories not in Japan were in space. She fits.

>>77861141
Kitty was still angry with the school but didn't really agreed with Cyclops methods. She had nowhere to go and was dealing with Wolverines death to boot. She needed support that Quill gave her. It makes sense
>>
>>77862023
The X-men don't fit in space to begin with, and her reason for leaving the school and falling in with cyclops were retarded
>>
>Captain America is a nig
>We have two nig Spider-Men
>Spider-Man #1 has a gay marriage
>Bitch Wolverine
>Bitch Thor
>Only stable marriage is between a nig and a white bitch

MARVEL STOP!
>>
>>77864823
>two nig spider men

What
>>
>>77862163
>What is Phoenix Saga
The X-Men fit wherever they want. That's why they have dibs on Savage Land
>>
>>77854326
That's some tasty-ass pasta you got there, anon.
>>
>>77865699
I think he's referring to Prowler being part of Spider Inc.
>>
>>77849807
He fucked up Rightclops the only justification that any of the abortion that AvX was should exist.
Defend that.
You can't.
Rightclops was a sure fucking bet. Even other illustrators and writers were into it. He knew the readers had clued into it as well. They had this unpandered accidental demographic and they couldn't stick the fucking landing.
Horrifying.
>>
>>77849807
because i dont like his style of writing. He basically does the following in every story

Act 1 is 95% of the story, arching around 6 or more numbers
Act 3 is the last 5%.
He simply ignores backstory as much as possible, unless it revolves about his favorites headcanons.
He jumps around popular titles. He himself admits as much about GotG and the X-men.

Your mileage may vary about him being fun to read or not, but his fun is based around random small talk and the same introspective comments about characters channeling bendis own toughts, regardless of they fitting to said character or not.

tl;dr: he's a hack, lucky enough to be put where success is.
>>
>>77861141
>He had even left the X-men and was in one of his self imposed Exiles he is wan't to do

An exile that largely took place out of panel?
>>
>>77865699

Some nig named Hobie pretends to be Spidey as a ploy with Pete.
>>
>>77866463
He earned his place in the big books by knowing what the comic reader wants. especially when it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy where he still left Abnett in the dust even ater the movie and him using the full team of Guardians.
>>
>>77862163
>The X-men don't fit in space to begin with
confirmed for not knowing shit about comics.
>>
>>77865762
>>77870049

Just because they keep doing it doesn't mean its good
>>
>>77872848
>not thinking the X-Men space stories are good
your shit taste has been confirmed as well
>>
>>77867595
Lol nice bait.
>>
>>77854420
Kitty is waifufaggotry the character, she is shit.
>>
>>77874304
You are shit
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.