[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the Dark Horse comics ever pull something as bad as this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: 1448053315757.jpg (3MB, 3992x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1448053315757.jpg
3MB, 3992x3056px
Did the Dark Horse comics ever pull something as bad as this?
>>
I'd like you to give a good explanation of what you think is wrong with it.

Han even uses a light saber in the original trilogy when he's forced too. Have you seen the original trilogy, OP?
>>
>>77844362
never to fight
>>
You get a lightsaber

YOU get a lightsaber

YOOOUUUU get a lightsaber

Everybody gets a lightsaber...
>>
>>77844337

DarkHorse adapted Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which also featured Luke crossing blades with Vader between ANH &ESB.
>>
>>77844337
There's literally nothing wrong with the one on the right.

The one on the left is stupid on unnecessary though yes
>>
File: Star Wars Annual 001-033.jpg (629KB, 975x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Annual 001-033.jpg
629KB, 975x1500px
reminder that this used to be canon
>>
File: STOP.jpg (10KB, 293x282px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
10KB, 293x282px
>>77844337
STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD
>>
>>77845235
Every day until you hate it
>>
Bring back Cade Skywalker!
>>
OP I want you to shove your big lightsaber hilt down my throat, using it as a fuck toy to take out your rage. Then, just as your about to turn it on, you scream
>MUH CANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
before finishing, killing me
>>
>>77845267
Ugh, fuck no, literally anyone in Legacy but him.
>>
File: 1447602065854.png (373KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1447602065854.png
373KB, 861x889px
>>77844337
>Hans and Leia wielding lightsabers
>Chewie duel-welding Sabers.
Even i can tell something's screwy with that.
>>
>>77845288
Yeah, let's bring back his junkie mom and his black friend that was fucking his junkie mom instead.
>>
File: this is canon.jpg (100KB, 633x577px) Image search: [Google]
this is canon.jpg
100KB, 633x577px
>>77844362
>I'd like you to give a good explanation of what you think is wrong with it.

They put the characters in a situation where a weapon that is supposed to be incredibly rare and requires a ton of innate skill and training to use is their only means of defense. I mean, sure, Leia piloted the Falcon a few times but that doesn't mean she can fly a goddamn X-Wing into the Death Star.

As for the other panel, well that's just bad dialogue and it re-establishes the Splinter of the Mind's Eye mistake of having Luke and Vader meet before Cloud City. If Vader has no idea who Luke is, he would just straight up murder him.

On top of that, they tell us they're sweeping away the Expanded Universe to get rid of all the silly shit and maintain a better continuity, but then they approve this shit.
>>
>>77844337
there was that time they brought the Emperor back

and Cade Skywalker
>>
>>77845411
>implying Dark Forces was bad

I don't get all this hate for Cade Skywalker.
>>
File: reeeeeee.png (547KB, 575x424px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.png
547KB, 575x424px
let the reeee flow through you
>>
>>77845427
he's just such an irredeemable asshole, and he gets away with everything shit he does while rad people like his uncle and dad die

basically he's a shit viewpoint for a rad setting
>>
>>77845456

>being this autismal
>>
>>77845473
He doesn't get away with anything though.

His family and way of life is destroyed, he's made a slave, then he's constantly haunted every night by his ancestors yelling at him to quit being a fuck and fulfill his destiny.

Oh, and once everyone figures out who he is he gets chased to the ends of the galaxy by everyone who either wants him to save them or they want him dead. Then he spends a good while being tortured so he can understand the "One Sith" better.

Is he a perfect hero? No, of course not. That wasn't the point of Legacy though. Legacy was about how normal people have to walk in their predecessor's footprints if they want to or not.
>>
>>77845574
>his ancestors tell him to quit being a fuck
>he continues to be a fuck
>>
>>77845588
He's a junkie for it though. It's not like he was living on a beach.
>>
>>77845409
In the issue where Han, Leia and Chewie have lightsabers, they're trying to free Luke from a Hutt who is obsessed with Jedi culture who has a bunch of lightsabers on display which R2 steals. As they come to rescue Luke an emp gets set off and all blasters are disabled. R2 gives them the lightsabers which still work and there you go. It's a bit contrived, but it's all explained. Han and Leia both spend the entire time talking about how bad they are with the sabers.

I don't mind the Vader page, but I can at least see the argument for not liking it. The lightsabers complaints are so clearly from people who didn't read the book
>>
File: MyFaceWhen.jpg (78KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
MyFaceWhen.jpg
78KB, 1280x800px
>>77844337
>Was going to bitch about how stupid it is to make it so that Luke met Vader before Empire Strikes Back
>Then I looked on the right side of the page
>>
>>77845456
??????????
>>
File: 1139829-zeltron.jpg (139KB, 837x662px) Image search: [Google]
1139829-zeltron.jpg
139KB, 837x662px
>>77845674
except when he goes to live on a beach for a while
>>
>>77845689
why does R2 work after an EMP
>>
>>77845223
I don't see the problem here, Anakin and Vader being separate persons have been danced around all the time up and until the point where Vader reveals in Empire that he is Anakin. Consider the guy being ambiguous on purpose, and it makes sense even in canon.
>>
>>77845762
>why does R2 work after an EMP

Or the lightsabers, for that matter.
>>
>>77845689
>It's a bit contrived, but it's all explained.

The problem is that it's contrived. It's a silly situation the characters should have never been put in.
>>
>>77845223
Ah, back when Star Wars canon was just like five dudes who didn't talk to each other.

Now we have a proper authority and a corporation to give us things like "an homage to Attack of the Clones set between Episodes IV and V".
>>
>>77845743
Ah shit, maybe I need to reread Legacy.

I distinctly remember him getting dragged back into the war kicking and screaming.
>>
Reminder that in the EU, Vader and Luke fought before Empire as well except Vader was defeated by tripping and falling down a hole.
>>
>>77845804
Obi-Wan had his reasons for lying, that guy not so much.
>>
>>77846150
just because it happened before doesn't make it ok now

also he tripped on HIS OWN SEVERED ARM
>>
>>77844337
Yes, they too printed Star Wars comics. Star Wars sucks.
>>
>>77845689
It's more than a bit contrived m8. It's also incredibly convenient that the blasters were disabled while R2 and the lightsabers (which contain electronics) weren't.
>>
>>77845409
Dark Horse had Leia pilot an X-Wing and join Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>77844337
Do they pull their writers from fanfiction.net?
>>
>>77844337
Why is Dark Horse called Dark Horse?
>>
>>77846150
Splinter of the Mind'a Eye, Leia also uses a lightsaber in that book and there is sexual tension between her and Luke in that book.

To be fair that book came out before ESB and it was one of the first ANH sequels that Lucas had entrusted to this sci fi writer in case ANH underperformed, but it didn't and ESB happened so SofME is like an alternate universe were Leia, Vader, and Luke aren't related.
>>
File: sotme-sleeping-luke-and-leia.jpg (176KB, 593x488px) Image search: [Google]
sotme-sleeping-luke-and-leia.jpg
176KB, 593x488px
>>77846702
And an excerpt f r om that book

The Princess pressed close against Luke. He tried to comfort her without appearing anxious, but as the darkness closed to a stygian blackness around them and the night sounds turned to sepulchral moans and hootings, his arm instinctively went around her shoulders. She didn’t object. It made him feel good to sit there like that, leaning against her and trying to ignore the damp ground beneath.
Something called out with an abyssal shrillness, startling Luke from his sleep. Nothing moved beyond the dying fire. With his free hand he tossed several shards of wood onto the embers, watched the fire blaze again.
Then he happened to glance down at his companion’s face. It was not the face of a Princess and a Senator or a leader of the Rebel Alliance, but instead that of a chilled child. Moistly parted in sleep, her lips seemed to beckon to him. He leaned closer, seeking refuge from the damp green and brown of the swamp in that hypnotic redness.
He hesitated, pulled back. She was an aristocrat and Rebel leader. For all he’d accomplished above Yavin, he was still only a pilot and, before that, a farmer’s nephew. Peasant and Princess, he mused disgustedly.
His assignment was to protect her. He wouldn’t abuse that trust, no matter his own hopeless hopes. He would defend against anything that leapt out of the darkness, crawled from the slime, dropped from the gnarled branches they walked under. He would do it out of respect and admiration and possibly out of the most powerful of emotions, unrequited love.
He would even defend her from himself, he determined tiredly. In five minutes he was fast asleep…
>>
>>77844337
I think what actually annoys me most here is that the author has Han do the "I'd settle for a good blaster, haw haw, get it, because I said almost the same thing in the movie, get it yet, huh?" thing.
>>
>>77846312
...When?
>>
>>77847002
Their last Star Wars comic she was flying around with an X-Wing and went on missions even if Luke was kind of against it.
>>
>>77844337
All of Halo Escalation
>>
File: Leia-X-wing.jpg (492KB, 576x828px) Image search: [Google]
Leia-X-wing.jpg
492KB, 576x828px
>>77847002
>>
File: stay in school.png (16KB, 429x427px) Image search: [Google]
stay in school.png
16KB, 429x427px
>>77845479
don't even get me started on being autismal, pal
>>
>>77845689
You don't need the force to make or use a lightsaber.
The reason Jedi/Sith use the creation of a Lightsaber as a right of initiation is because you need to be that powerful/trained in the Force before you can use one without lopping your own arms and legs off.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.