[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is Civil War the only comic people who pretend to love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Civil War.jpg (66KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.jpg
66KB, 633x537px
So why is Civil War the only comic people who pretend to love superheroes because being a nerd is the in thing at the moment have actually read from Marvel?
>>
Probably because everyone acted OOC or something.
>>
>>77842071
I've seen normies defende Civil War in facebook, having the gall to call the more simple and non-retarded plot showed o nthe trailers as worse than the actual shit fest that was this event.
>>
Marketing.
>>
Although it did get me into comics, as a friend at college just decided to lend me them, it does irritate me how people act like this is such a meaningful story. People play up like this is the greatest conflict ever, when it's about Cap being a pissbaby and refusing to negotiate.
It's also astonishing how so many outlets just don't even understand the point of the story. They would claim Spider-Man was the heart of the story, when he largely contributed nothing to the story. He unmasked, yes, but that was it. He gets beaten up and joins Cap, and doesn't do anything meaningful after that. And then there's the hundreds of people going "How can they do Civil War when there are no public identities?" MOTHER FUCKERS, DID THEY JUST SEE THE SPIDER-MAN UNMASKING AND STOP THERE?! It was about being controlled by the Government!

But figures they would know so little with the dumbass writers are top selling.
>>
File: 1446594242428.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446594242428.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>tfw a couple weeks ago i read someone post something along the lines of "they're finally making a movie about the best comic ever"
>>
If anything, it started Marvel's trend of giving us EVENT THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!! when in fact they only devolve in hero vs hero fights.
>>
>>77842071
Cap: Fascism is bad!
Tony:Fascism protects people!
civilians:we're dumb and weak and need fascism
Cap: I guess fascism it is
>>
>>77842071
Because it was a big deal. Nobody remembers Annihilation or Original Sin, they remember Captain America fighting for freedom.
>>
>>77842071
I really wish you guys would get off your "Im a real nerd and you aren't" bullshit. . .. .
>>
>>77842473
What do you mean "you guys"?
>>
>>77842473
Yeah, people are too quick to jump down "they're not real geeks" when the truer answer tends to be "most geeks have fucking awful taste and will swallow whatever swill their brands of choice tell them to."
>>
>>77842071
>why is popular story so popular with fans

Really faggot?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.