[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Just started season two, and I'm a bit worried that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 536
Thread images: 86

File: wac.jpg (133KB, 1637x929px) Image search: [Google]
wac.jpg
133KB, 1637x929px
So... Just started season two, and I'm a bit worried that the show will turn TOO much into what destroyed the storyline of Static Shock. I love the character of Connie, but if she becomes a fighter, and begins fighting with Steven... To me it sort of detracts and interferes with the pure story.

The same thing happened to Static Shock, once his stupid friend made himself a suit and started fighting alongside Static, it really ruined the show.

So, no spoilers...but...TELL ME THIS DOESN"T HAPPEN
>>
>>77836945
Pure story? What are you even talking about? Connie has been in the show since the beginning. It's not like she was just tacked on.

More importantly, fighting isn't even the major part of the show.
>>
>>77836945
are you a retard? she literally exists just to be the other half of stevonnie
>>
>>77836945
>So, no spoilers...but...TELL ME THIS DOESN"T HAPPEN
There's only really been one episode since then where Connie has more than a minute of screen time.
>>
It's probably going to happen in some capacity, but there are two important things to consider.

First, the show barely has any fight scenes, so it's not like she'll become a constant presence on all their adventures. This just gives her an excuse to be there for the big climax of S2.

Second, a Stevonnie fusion battle scene using the sword and shield simultaneously will be the coolest shit.
>>
>>77837036
yea the other half that's moral support, or but her jumping into battle with Steven just seems like a cheap way to add action and "danger"

>>77837024
And what are you talking about, Static Shock's friend was there from the beginning as well, but then suddenly in season 3 or so, he invents super powers and begins fighting, even though he's a complete nerd. Made no sense and killed the story.

I love connie's book wormish, smart, and support character...she just can't become a battle hardened vet to leap into danger
>>
>>77836945
You're kidding, right? Steven has NEVER been a capable warrior. Not that Static was much of one either, but he got by.
Gear was kind of annoyingly introduced, but he got better. It's just the show got worse
>>
File: heartglassprint.png (227KB, 720x933px) Image search: [Google]
heartglassprint.png
227KB, 720x933px
>>77837100

Her transformation has already begun. She will become his sword. Any type of relationship they could've had was an illusion.
>>
>>77837100
>And what are you talking about, Static Shock's friend was there from the beginning as well, but then suddenly in season 3 or so, he invents super powers and begins fighting, even though he's a complete nerd. Made no sense and killed the story.
It's capeshit. It's not supposed to make sense.

And I doubt Connie would ever be put into a situation more dangerous than what Steven is put in. The gems only allow Steven to be involved in actual fights when they are around to save him if he is in any real trouble.

Also Steven can always heal her.
>>
>>77837273
But that's just it...I don't want the show to turn INTO capeshit

(even though I take offense to this term...I'm a big Marvel/DC "Capeshit" fan)
>>
>>77837100
Connie now has Rose's sword. Steven has her shield. I don't think she'll be in a lot of eps but they are starting to showcase their teamwork and if the show continues into Steven's teenage year you can bet she's gonna be fighting more often.
>>
>>77836945
>>77837100
How is this even remotely the same as Static Shock? The Static writers pulled Richie getting superpowers out of their ass. Connie receiving sword training, like everything else on the show, was planned and aims to further develop her character and role in the story.
>>
>>77837379
Like I said, they put Steven into combat situations with no experience. At least they are training Connie first.
>>
File: SnC.jpg (174KB, 1607x906px) Image search: [Google]
SnC.jpg
174KB, 1607x906px
>>77837494
heh...fair enough...
>>
>>77836945
It kind of does happen but like >>77837024 said the fighting is not that important especially with these two. Plus I think warrior/action couples tend to share the spotlight better then Bros/Bffs.
>>
>>77837424

I kinda want the sword to go back to Steven. Not that I don't think Connie should have, but it'd be nice if Pearl gave Connie one of her swords as symbolic of her stepping out of "muh Rose" and becoming a stronger mentor in her own right.
>>
>>77836945
I'm not a fan of it either. I would like it better, if she was the anchor Steven has to his human side apart from his dad.
When she should start doing gem stuff she would lose that purpose.
Also i can't see how she would ever gain the skill of thousand year old warriors with superstrenth.
>>
>>77838924
That would be nice. But Steven gave Connie her sword and that kinda symbolizes that they are equals to each other now. What I'm getting from the writers is that they don't want Connie to be the Pearl to Steven's Rose. They want them to work together as partners and individuals.
>>
This kinda snuck up on me too.

Bright side is, they'd probably only go into battle together as Stevonnie. I wouldn't worry too much about Connie/Steven tagteam duo crap... I hope not, at least.
>>
>Disgusting conniefags who want her in the show even more.
>>
>>77837494
well, steven's powers make him a bit harder to be killed
>>
>>77840028
>not wanting more delicious brown loli
They should just kill stephen off and replace with connie.
>>
>>77840972
Connie a big shit. Steven is an A-rank character while Connie is below Lars, Sadie, and Ronaldo.

Steven's only flaw is his bad taste in girls.
>>
>>77841011
Connie a best. Shitven a wurst.
>>
>>77841011
Connie is a cute! A CUTE!
>>
Dawg you can't just be comparing Steven Universe with Static Shock. Connie's role in the show has been a gradual and subtle change, because the SU writers can handle subtlety.

Static Shock was not a subtle show. Dad-racism, gun ethics, that was good writing, but not subtle. Subtlety is what makes SU.
>>
>>77836945
It hasn't happened yet, at least.

Honestly, I'm more surprised you complaint wasn't about muh fusion, since that seems to be the go-to complaint of Season 2.
>>
>>77838924
Rose's sword - or fusing with Steven - is the only thing she's got going for her in a real fight, though. It's clearly magical and shit. She's a kid and she doesn't have super strength or gem magic, someone like Jasper would turn her into a fine pink mist.
>>
>>77836945
The pure story is about Steven's life and relationships. Connie is an important relationship. There's no detraction here.
>>
>>77843048
She totally kicked ass in Nightmare Hospital though. Obviously thy're building towards them fusing for battle, but they made an awesome team against the fusion creatures.
>>
>>77843048
Rose's sword looks pretty heavy man and in the opening she carries it with one hand. Pearl must make her do weights.
>>
>>77843068
Yeah, but they weren't that big a threat. If she's going to fight Homeworld Gems or the equivalent she needs an edge. It might be giving her one already, we don't know how tough the gem monsters would be to cut with a regular blade.
>>
>>77836945
Fighting isn't the top priority for SU, so the most we might get from warrior Connie is being a part of some great final battle which will happen offscreen for the most part and will be resolved by Steven defeating Yellow Diamond with the power of friendship or something. Don't worry, anon.
>>
File: 496ee7_5515126.jpg (255KB, 1229x819px) Image search: [Google]
496ee7_5515126.jpg
255KB, 1229x819px
>>77843068
Connie get her fencing skills to quick. It was just one episode of training and now she killing gem abominations without any problems.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>77843172
One montage*
Who knows how long she was training for?

I hope Stevonnie was a one off thing and doesn't appear again.
>>
>>77836945
>To me it sort of detracts and interferes with the pure story.
Not all the episodes that have nothing to do with the main plot whatsoever, no, it's Connie that detracts from the story.

You sound stupid and you should feel stupid.
>>
File: Fish.png (70KB, 297x249px) Image search: [Google]
Fish.png
70KB, 297x249px
>>77836945
>These threads are just an excuse to start a "discussion" that'll slip into a coma enticing amount of shitposting
>>
>>77837036
>>77837095
So, there's going to be hentai?
>>
>>77837463
Actually, Connie being a sword fighter was written on the spot.
>>
>>77836945
>>>/trash/
>>
>>77844731
>Actually, Connie being a sword fighter was written on the spot.
Lion 2?
>>
>>77844791
That wasn't canon.
>>
>>77844791
What about it?
>>
File: 1447534254830.png (230KB, 599x550px) Image search: [Google]
1447534254830.png
230KB, 599x550px
I'm just wondering when they'll do a scene with Stevonnie wielding Rose's Sword and Shield.
>>
File: 1448136752876.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1448136752876.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
>Static Shock
Why would you think that anyone would care about your Awful WBKids Show?
>>
>>77844842
They won't. Stevonnie will just use her dick.
>>
If you ask me, Static Shock was killed by the status quo. Sure his friend gets Gear and that was kind of silly/unnecessary, but other than that it's the same three recurring villains, the same corporate shadow governments. The same "will his family find out he's Static or won't they" over and over and over.

Freaks of the week are great for world building and exploring the dynamics of the characters you created, but a series cannot live on bread alone.

If anything Steven Universe has been going the exact opposite and making the show increasingly sequentially-driven. And it's definitely possible to go too far in this direction: arcs are great, but after a point it becomes like a Soap Opera and it becomes more about the comings and goings of popular characters than it does about the world.
>>
>>77844993
Didn't SS eventually get absorbed into the DCAU and suddenly you had Green Lantern and Batman coming to North Dakota?

And that all just sweeps under the rug that earlier reference to DC just being comics in the SS universe originally.
>>
>>77845079
Yeah, Static makes some nice appearances in the DCAU at large. And the DCAU make some... rather bizarre uninspired appearances in Static Shock. It really makes you contemplate what could have been. Static's a great character, but the show is kind of lame.
>>
>>77836945
Man the thumbnail made me think someone edited a Jason mask on her.
>>
>>77844993
>If anything Steven Universe has been going the exact opposite and making the show increasingly sequentially-driven. And it's definitely possible to go too far in this direction: arcs are great, but after a point it becomes like a Soap Opera and it becomes more about the comings and goings of popular characters than it does about the world.
And that is why SU will forever be shit.
>>
>>77845441
To be fair, that sword was shit.
>>
File: 1443327914830.png (271KB, 630x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1443327914830.png
271KB, 630x1350px
I guess here is a good place to ask. Does anyone have the image of Amethyst cat eating spaghetti? I think she's being fed by Garnet. I need it for a reaction image. Here's another favorite image of mine in payment.
>>
>>77845150

The real problem is that focusing heavily on a continuous narrative doesn't please network execs who want something that can be run in random order. If they had a release schedule like a Netflix show where it gets released in blocks it would be fantastic, but as it stands the shift to a more narrative driven focus is causing a decline in reruns and making some folks complain about the slow pace of the story while others complain that episodes now need to be viewed in a stricter order and are less self contained. If you can separate the real world constrictions from the content the story is fantastic, but some folks just aren't capable of that.
>>
>>77836945
Oh don't worry, there's no action in SU.

That's why I hate it.
>>
>>77845570
Literally Reddit: The Post.
>>
>>77845601
This. Why can't SU be more action packed? They promised action.
>>
>>77845649
Action implies people getting hurt, and that's bad!
>>
>>77845560
>lapis will never force you to take it from her
>>
>>77845692
Have you even fucking watched the show?
>>
>>77845698
... What? Is this some newfangled meme, or is it just shitposting?
>>
>>77845570
The only reason you value religious sequentiality is because you're a weeb who was raised on shonen anime and yet somehow didn't look close enough to realize that that was their fatal flaw. If you have a concise and predetermined story like Over the Garden Wall it's fine but when you have more time to work with then you have to divide your work into individual stories or at least attempt an epic. SU is neither (although I certainly wouldn't call SU completely sequential, even now).

Stories have beginnings and ends. If you like impromptu rambling then I'm sure your granpa has some stories to tell.
>>
>>77845793
>If you like impromptu rambling then I'm sure your granpa has some stories to tell.

MY GRANDPARENTS ARE DEEAAAAAAD
>>
>>77845793

At least you put a little effort in, but you make it clear you just dislike the show for reasons of personal taste rather than objective flaws. Don't bother trying to sound smart if you can't even put together some concrete points.
>>
I hope she turns into a talking sword steven relies on for advice and she can swing herself around. People will want to fuck it , she will literally become his sword, it will be hilarious.
>>
>>77836945
Does Connie takes the poo to the loo?
>>
File: peri braces.png (112KB, 611x699px) Image search: [Google]
peri braces.png
112KB, 611x699px
They should just get rid of Connie and replace her with Peridot.
>>
>>77843135
No. No I won't.
>>
>>77836945
It hasn't actually fully happened yet, but it is bound to, but it's gradual and it doesn't ruin her character.

I mean, it doesn't ruin it in the sense that those who hate her still hater her and those who like her still like her.
>>
The part of /sug/ simulator v is taking forever to come.
>>
File: WE LOOK AWESOME.png (671KB, 1221x687px) Image search: [Google]
WE LOOK AWESOME.png
671KB, 1221x687px
>>77840937
But he didn't have full control over his powers. I'd say Connie going through weeks or months of training before tagging along on a relatively easy mission is at very least comparable to letting Steven tag along before he had gone through any training and had only demonstrated his powers once or twice.

What I'm really trying to say is that the Crystal Gems are horribly irresponsible.
>>
>>77848486
It better have those times those two guys died.
>>
>>77836945
You should be far more concerned with the increasing focus on progressive themes. Sword fighting Steveonnie was obvious to anyone with a brain as soon as they revealed Steven could fuse with Connie.
>>
>>77844820
What the fuck? The only episode that isn't canon is Say Uncle. They even reference Lion 2 in Sworn to the Sword. Stay delusional.
>>
>>77848784
>with the increasing focus on progressive themes.
>MUH AGENDA
Fuck off.

Having progressive theme has never been an issue. The issue is when it serves to cover a lack of actual good story telling.

Have we really reached the point where /co/ get triggered when a show dare to imply "please be nice with everyone, m'kay?"
>>
File: season 2 garnet.png (10KB, 517x309px) Image search: [Google]
season 2 garnet.png
10KB, 517x309px
>>77845735
Not him, but I'm a big fan of the show and have been keeping up with it since the beginning. Action sequences have taken a nosedive since the finale of Season 1 and they've moved their focus on feelings and crying with nothing to break it up.
>>
>>77848832
>Have we really reached the point where /co/ get triggered when a show dare to imply "please be nice with everyone, m'kay?"
Yes.
>>
>>77848860
What about like the last 5 episodes?
>>
File: 1444682890574.png (772KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444682890574.png
772KB, 1920x1080px
Please kill Connie off and let the age of Stevidot begin

Also the show doesn't showcase Garnet's booty enough
>>
>>77848927
They poofed Peridot and ever since then there was like, that time in the Kindergarten when they got attacked by stupid looking gem mutants and that sequence lasted 20 seconds atleast. All the last 5 episodes have been about is Peridot triggering each of the Crystal Gems with her homeworld intolerance.
>>
>>77848993
What about with the giant robots and the drill?
>>
>>77849034
The sequence where Robots actually fought lasting for two minutes and the entire episode was about Pearl trying to prove herself as more than a servant i aint no slave massa and the part with the drill lasted for 30 seconds at the most, the entire episode being about Amethyst being triggered because Peridot was real and told her that she was defective, made even worse by the fact that she was laughing along with Peridot as she shit on everyone else. The show is really getting bad.
>>
>>77849126
Hopefully Yellow Diamond is coming to rescue Peridot and destroy those crystal clods.
>>
>>77849126
Why is that a bad thing though? It called character development anon.
>>
>>77849181
Why does it have to be fucking boring though?
>>
>>77843135
It's posts like this that make hate everything even more
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 640x400px
>peri broadcasts from "abandoned crystal system colony"
>we
>are the
>>
am i the only one who is pretty much ok with all the decisions this show makes
>>
>>77849248
Were you ok with Sadie's Song?
>>
>>77849248
No, most people have opinions.
>>
>>77849248
>am i the only one
No, nobody is ever the only one to think anything. Fuck off child.
>>
>>77849198
It's not. That's an opinion.
>>
>>77849271
> implying tumblr whales can run
>>77849198
I don't find it boring personally.
>>
>>77849272
yeah it didn't bother me.
what i really meant was i haven't seriously disliked anything that has happened so far. doesn't mean i can't imagine how the show could be better, but it's not my show so whatever. how could you be seriously offended by it anyway?
>>
I love Steven but him fighting has never been something I really cared about. I like seeing how he befriends and protects everybody

Connie looks good with a sword. She's agile and technical, a natural fencer. Steven's a shield n' heal kinda guy. They make a good team. Stevonnie will become a force to be reckoned with as they each hone their abilities. They might even be able to take on a crystal gem within a season or two at this rate.
>>
>>77849387
The most overused and annoying tween figure of speech of all time.
>>
Hey, /co/

I work for Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta and make it my duty to be as nosy as possible during lunch and water cooler breaks. Sometimes I take a stroll into departments that aren't mine and make friends. Word on the street is that you'll have your gay rocks back a week or two after the new year.

:)
>>
>>77849248
I am too. It's all been entertaining and the development is great
>>
>>77849426
I wish I could believe you
>>
File: 1447959327338.png (134KB, 452x670px) Image search: [Google]
1447959327338.png
134KB, 452x670px
>>77849426
If you're legit, thanks for the info, but it's still a long-ass wait.
>>
>>77849426
I want to habeeb it
>>
>>77849426
It's pretty believable since the show coming back in January is already probable, and you said Turner instead of just CN in general. HYPE?
>>
File: fusion dancing2.png (409KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
fusion dancing2.png
409KB, 1000x721px
>>77836945
I just really want Steven to not just have Connie as fusion partner in battles. I want to see him fuse with the other Gems for combat situations too. I've nothing against Connie, I just really want to see Steven's other fusions.
>>
File: shirt.png (69KB, 505x623px) Image search: [Google]
shirt.png
69KB, 505x623px
>>77849752
I want Connie to not be in the show.
Peridot's better!
>>
>>77849426
>Word on the street is that you'll have your gay rocks back a week or two after the new year.
This isn't news or exciting. Everyone basically expected this anyway. A real story would be a surprise December Steven Bomb.
>>
>>77849842
I understand that Connie will have a role in the show, but I don't want Steven to only fuse with her, that is just a complete waste of potential.
>>
>>77849913
It likely won't happen if they keep up the sexual overtones of fusion.
>>
Connie shows up about as often as she always does. She's not stealing the spotlight or anything and is no more important now than she used to be really but she DOES learn to fight and she is shown fighting.

My only worry is that this is taking the story in an extremely obvious direction of big bad defeated by Stevonnie, and we're all just waiting for it to happen.
>>
Steven/Peridot fusion WHEN
>>
>>77849842
poopydot is shit
>>
>>77849929
Steven fusing with the Gems doesn't have to be sexual or romantic, it can be completely platonic. And the Gems did already try to fuse with him at the beginning of Alone Together, so the Gems likely doesn't have a problem over fusing with him.
>>
>Connie is fighting with Steven
>she attempts to fight a large gem
>she is immediately killed
>yfw
>>
File: 1447415740035.png (2MB, 1420x2335px) Image search: [Google]
1447415740035.png
2MB, 1420x2335px
>>77850000
I think we're more likely to see a Steven/Pearl fusion first, considering we've already seen Rose and Pearl fusing.
>>
>>77849961
>My only worry is that this is taking the story in an extremely obvious direction of big bad defeated by Stevonnie, and we're all just waiting for it to happen.
I don't see how that's a worry.

If anything that sounds pretty hype.
>>
>>77849929
Fusion is based on all relationships...it just so happens the two groups of gems we meet have sexual overtones with theirs.

I can wait for a couple of normal minded gems to call them out on that shit and fuse like legit friends.
>>
>>77850070
I'd rather see Steven defeating or dealing with the last enemy by himself.
>>
File: Butters.png (80KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Butters.png
80KB, 500x372px
>>77850034
>>
File: neutral.jpg (24KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
neutral.jpg
24KB, 500x382px
>>77850034
>>
>>77850086
You realize that goes against the whole theme of the show right. We're in "No man is an island" territory here.
>>
>>77849426
Considering I vaguely have a connection to a Turner Broadcasting exec in Atlanta I highly doubt you
>>
File: 53b.gif (511KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
53b.gif
511KB, 360x270px
>>77850034
>>
>>77850070
Outside of the fact that it downplays Steven's individual importance, it's mostly just the obviousness of it that's dull to me. Like there's knowing a little bit of a story like the fact that homeworld gems would arrive on earth soon, but this is being told how it ends, and everything before that point now is just waiting for it to happen.
>>
>>77850186
It really wasn't that obvious, you just heard the theory so much that you took it for granted as a given.

Like knowing Garnet is a fusion. Yet for all the people who figured it out, Jailbreak was still amazing. You're caught up in concepts when in reality you have no idea how that concept will be executed.
>>
>>77850228
I just find Connie a boring character, and I wish they wouldn't give her any more relevance than she already has.
>>
>>77836945
she is the most annoying mary sue ever and just a self insert for the tumblr viewer
>shes an incredibly smart weaboo poc that is a bookworm but also strong and fearless at the same time
>the mc is fucking useless until she consoles him to unlock his hidden powers
she makes korra look like citizen kane
if anyone thinks this good writing go kill yourself
>>
File: 1426821288184.gif (887KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1426821288184.gif
887KB, 450x338px
>>77850264
Well too fucking bad for you then, nobody's going nowhere without the power of love, bitches.
>>
File: 1431132449531.png (313KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431132449531.png
313KB, 500x500px
>>77850267
>the mc is fucking useless until she consoles him to unlock his hidden powers
I'm sure glad you're here to complain about things that don't happen.
>>
>>77850228
You could know that Garnet was still a fusion and not know how that story was going to go down though. Like I didn't think she was going to fight Jasper 1 on 2 in the end there and I definitely didn't see Jasper herself trying to fuse coming.

Garnet being a fusion was at least a little well hidden though. Everyone and their mom knows Stevonnie fighting is going to be the big card and they keep flashing it to us. They recently reminded us of her in an episode right after showing Connie learning sword fighting, made a big deal out of them fighting together, and the moment they shoehorn Connie into whatever big event is coming up, we all know she was dragged along for that reason and that reason alone.
>>
>>77850361
They already shoehorned her in Ocean Gem and she didn't add anything to the team apart from not making Steven ride Lion alone.
>>
>>77850361
>Like I didn't think she was going to fight Jasper 1 on 2 in the end there
But you're 100% sure Stevonnie is going to fight one single "big bad" even though that concept isn't totally consistent with the ideas behind the overall story?

Maybe you should wait until the last season actually comes before you complain about its direction.
>>
>>77843110
Sadie killed a gem monster with a sharp stick. I think their durability is really variable.
>>
File: char-m up.png (96KB, 492x543px) Image search: [Google]
char-m up.png
96KB, 492x543px
>>77850267
>>
>>77850147
just "you're wrong"? no info of your own to counter theirs?
>>
>>77850413
They had an excuse there because when they were making that episode, it was uncertain whether it was going to be the LAST episode. They were actually willing to end the show with the introduction of Lapis. Can you imagine.
>>
>>77850524
>your show literally has a 24/7 general on the /trash/ board
even gravity falls general gets to stay here
the bar is that low and you still can't pass it
>>
File: 1418846853337.jpg (44KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1418846853337.jpg
44KB, 400x386px
>>77850648
>a 24/7 general on the /trash/ board
This will never not be funny. Going to a board literally called trash filled with furry and pony porn just to discuss lesbian rock aliens.
>>
>>77850267
>Being this vicarious about things you hate
>>
>>77850648

SU is lucky. Now that mods ar on the same page we get to have specific discussion threads and most of the shitposters are kept off board. Having a general is not a good thing. Even threads like this, which are kept alive by shitposters for trolling purposes, are still more substantive than any general because you can find honest opinions and discussion.
>>
>>77850419
All I'm saying is when that either mid season finale or finale of this season comes and Coonie happens to be dragged along, I called it. The crystal gems will be taken out of the fight for one reason or another, and it'll be up to Stevonnie to save the day with some crazy sword and shield skills.
>>
I was hoping Steven would take up Rose's sword as a way of symbolically inheriting her legacy, but nah. Gotta keep every male on the show a completely pussy.
>>
>>77850586
I didn't know that. Source?
>>
>>77850954
>All I'm saying is when that either mid season finale or finale of this season comes and Coonie happens to be dragged along, I called it.
Everyone called it, that's not the point I was making.

You can know the concept but not the execution. You're just listing off really vague events but you don't REALLY know what's going to happen and how it's going to happen. Stop setting yourself up for disappointment and learn how to enjoy a ride, god damn.
>>
File: corrupted gems.jpg (407KB, 792x1018px) Image search: [Google]
corrupted gems.jpg
407KB, 792x1018px
>>77850770
the show is just that good, i guess
>>
>>77850968

What an idiot. In case all the symbolism wasn't overt enough for you, her shield is her true weapon and what Steven inherited. Her sword is merely an object taken up for war, in all other ways Steven is following in her footsteps.
>>
>>77851085
No, Rose was a competent military commander. Her sword was a tool of war, and the fact that Steven, a complete and utter naive child, would have to accept that burden was what I was looking forward to. The plot has shown his loss of innocence and I wanted to further see him grow.

I also wanted a male character in the show that could actually kick ass. So far every dude has been completely ineffectual in a fight.
>>
>>77851050
That's not all that vague a claim. If Stevonnie's first attempt gets like slapped by Yellow Diamond and broken up instantly, I will have been taken off guard. It would be neat to show something they never practiced failing as a good idea but poor time. As it's playing out though, the next big fight will be decided by Stevonnie and that's just a meh way to settle it.
>>
>>77850968
I share the desire for him to pick up the sword too, but he's far from a pussy; he killed a holo-pearl on advanced mode with a broom and deflected a ship-based energy cannon with his shield. Connie wouldn't have survived Pearl's test if Steven weren't there, probably not even those cluster mutants if he wasn't keeping her flank.
>>
>>77851166
>That's not all that vague a claim.
Yeah it is dude sorry. "Connie will be there and they'll fight someone as Stevonnie without other people" is reeeeeally fucking vague.
>>
How would that even work though. Assuming YD is the big bad, she's in space. And it's not like Connie can go out there with steven fused.
>>
>>77851143
>loss of innocence
He's not as naive as he used to be but he's still an innocent person.
>I wanted a male character in the show that could kick ass
go watch G.I. Joe if you care about representation so much
>>
>>77851189
He doesn't really "fight" though. I get that's the point and that he protects, but I dunno, I guess I always assumed he'd mature and have to accept the burden he carries. Usually he "helps" via his various powers, rather than actually roughing somebody up.

And he's the only one who could do it, seeing as he's the only male Gem. I guess maybe Lion counts, whatever the fuck he is.

>>77851275
Way to not answer any of my questions, dingus. Yes he's still innocent, but there just so happens to be an intergalactic war brewing. A war his mother was a key part in.

As for representation, fuck yourself. I don't like taking the "THINK OF THE CHILDREEEEN" approach but don't you think little boys would enjoy seeing a capable male figure? It used to be Greg's role but he's limited to tech support.
>>
>>77851217
I don't know the conflict of which it will be yet, but I know it's resolution. That's enough to damage the hype for me, especially when there's going to be an extremely obvious tell at the beginning of the episode for when it's all going down.
>>
>>77851189
>he killed a holo-pearl
after a whole episode crying and trying to make a hologram his mom
wow what a badass
>>
>>77849371
Too bad that saber is too large and unwieldy to fence with properly. She has to use two hands just to swing it! That's not a fencer's sword for someone as small as Connie.
>>
File: image.png (27KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27KB, 128x128px
>>77851374
Does this look Ike the face of mercy, bitch nigga?
>>
>>77851143

The show is setting up Steven to confront his mother's military past and ultimately make a different choice than she did when he encounters the homeworld; his humanity gives him a greater level of compassion and understanding for others that was foreign to gems at the time of the war. If he took her sword, that would mean throwing away his humanity as well as his innocence.
>>
>>77851486
this
>>
>>77851486
Humanity and compassion are all well and good but you need to be able to protect things. I get that's what the shield represents but a shield can't make problems go away. Sometimes you've gotta fight for things you want to protect.

That's the lesson Steven needs to take away from the other gems. That fighting and protecting aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>77851474

Yes! Yes, it does. Quite literally so, in fact.
>>
>>77851356
True. The series is not over, though, so we might still get to see Steven beat someone's ass if pushed far enough.
>>77851374
I didn't say he was a badass, just that he's more capable than he's given credit for and we've only seen what could be the tip of an iceberg of power.
>>
>>77851600
>That's the lesson Steven needs to take away from the other gems. That fighting and protecting aren't mutually exclusive.

Pretty sure he already knows that. He's fought to protect earth.
>>
>>77851600
I think the point is more that Gems, once they step outside the ordered system they are made to fit within, invariably begin to favor the absence of that system.

That's why Rose was so dangerous, and why Steven is so dangerous -not due to any combat ability or a shield or a sword, but because both of them were able to so easily sway Gems to their cause.

Look what Steven has done, just by being compassionate. He befriended Lapis, he tamed corrupt beasts, he's won over Peridot with kindness.

He is the antithesis to everything Homeworld is, and to a lesser extent even the Crystal Gems themselves. They are all violent, often cruel, and seem to reject understanding as a basis. Steven is an endless wellspring of sincerity and compassion.

The lesson is not that he needs to fight to protect, but that fighting is not always taking up arms. And Steven... he's going to be the one teaching that lesson.
>>
>>77845884
Go play in traffic, Damien, grownups are talking.
>>
>>77851600
the shield buys time while his compassion seeps through their armor and strips their will to fight
>>
>>77851820
So in other words, Steven is a pussy.
>>
>>77850186
Who cares about Steven's individual importance? He's not the focus.
>>
>>77851820
This is what I liked so much about season 3 of Avatar, there wasn't supposed to be an easy answer. Aang had to agonize and debate himself over whether he'd have to kill Ozai, and even though that got resolved via a deus ex machina I'd like a similar struggle to happen here. Where Steven has to confront that compassion and kindness sometimes isn't enough and that he has to fight. It's a very adult thing to do and I think it'd cap off his growth from the naive fun loving innocent to someone who acknowledges his responsibilities.

>>77851836
But that isn't always enough. Look at Jasper.
>>
>>77851820
"Its not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas"

- Mihawk: One piece
>>
>>77852035
To someone who defines power by the ability to inflict violence, yes.
>>
>>77848820
The crew even said that any episode with Amethyst in it is non canon. Kind of like Michael Caine in Inception.
>>
>>77845692
SU is such a Tumblr show.
>>
>>77852157
The thing is with Jasper is that he seems to understand that you do have to fight some things. Some people are unable to be simply reasoned with. He didn't do the fighting himself but he made no attempts to convert Jasper.

Now if Jasper doesn't die and remains stuck on earth, I want to see Steven's reaction to her. Steven is actually afraid of her but in all honesty, we know nothing about who she is as a person and Steven never really questioned it like he instantly did for Peridot.
>>
>>77852163
Except that Mihawk was delusional and had no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>77852157
Korra was better than Avatar though. Unlike Aang, Korra had to make some actual hard choices.
>>
>>77852310

>hard choices

The fuck she did. Every choice she was given was incredibly simple and she still managed to botch it every time. It only seemed like some kind of difficult decision because she cried until someone else came and fixed that shit for her.
>>
>>77852410
At least she wasn't a complete pussy like Aang.
>>
>>77852429

No, she was an incompetent, immature blowhard that always acted without thinking. That's arguably far worse that being a pussy.
>>
>>77852491
Still better than freezing yourself for a thousand years.
>>
>>77852491
Worse because most of Korra's story was about her whinging about how she keeps failing even though she was the Avatar, or worse because that acting without thinking usually took things from bad to worse?
>>
>>77852310
And those "hard choices" got the previous thousands of years of avatar experience obliterated and permanently opened a hole to the spirit world, allowing things like Koh through to terrorize people.

Aang, a peaceful air nomad, had to debate whether he would have to KILL someone for the greater good. It was the focus of the second half of season 3 and it was a huge part of his character development.
>>
I hope Peridot gets her own show and I never have to see those awful crystal gems ever again.
I want her to move to Phoenix and start her career in real estate.
>>
>>77852635
>Real estate
Spinoffs usually start with a new beginning not giving up on your life and career.
>>
>>77850770
>theres people right now in this same planet that enjoy and talk about thing i dun liek
This is how you sound.
>>
>>77852840
Well what would you have her do?
>>
>>77852968
I would have her go on the run from the Gems, the US government, and Homeworld once they realize she helped them disable the Cluster.
>>
>>77852603
Aang had no character development.
Korra did.
>>
>>77853062
lel
>>
>>77853062
What? C'mon man, at least try harder.
>>
>>77837024
>Fighting isn't even a major part of the show.

I sure hope that changes. You know, considering their is an alien race of evil gems hellbent on destroying them.

But nah, feelings are important too.
>>
>>77853121
The gems aren't evil though.
>>
>>77853121
Nope. Tumblr hates action, remember? Just expect 11 minutes of crying.
>>
>>77853069
>>77853088
Did Aang end up dating Zuko?
>>
File: 1.jpg (7KB, 245x203px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7KB, 245x203px
>>77853171
I wish.
>>
File: back to the barn in a nutshell.png (112KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
back to the barn in a nutshell.png
112KB, 500x280px
summary of season 3
>>
Why can Steven nullify Gem powers exactly?
>>
>>77853496
Because he's a Gary Stu.
>>
File: 1435403414381.png (242KB, 418x536px) Image search: [Google]
1435403414381.png
242KB, 418x536px
>>77853420
>season 3
>>
>>77853496
We just don't know. What we do know is that Steven's mother was a god and he inherited her powers.
>>
OP here

Crickey! My thread is still alive?? I never had a thread last this long....let a lone a Steven Uni thread... This made my night.... anyway I'll be plowing into Season 2 tonight over dinner... I still am not a fan of Connie going the way of the warrior, BUT I do see some of your guys points.
>>
>>77845761
I think he's referencing that guy's image with the ">will never" meme.
>>
File: 135726441312.jpg (115KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
135726441312.jpg
115KB, 1000x693px
>>77853636
>>
File: 1448963687005.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448963687005.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
Honestly I think Steven is a pretty nice kid but god damn will it hurt once his innocent is shatter that being nice won't fix a deadly situation
>>
>>77853605
There's not going to be a season 3. Sugar confirmed it.
>>
File: 1448975587891.jpg (13KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448975587891.jpg
13KB, 640x640px
>>77853734
>Steven tries being nice
>His kindness backfires
>>77853757
do you have a single fact to back that up
>>
>>77853757
OH GOD. Source? You don't expect me to just take your word for it, do you?
>>
>>77853734
Tumblr wouldn't like that so it's not going to happen.
>>
File: Recc.jpg (205KB, 1389x882px) Image search: [Google]
Recc.jpg
205KB, 1389x882px
>>77853757
dis nigga
>>
File: 1449011589503.png (169KB, 575x446px) Image search: [Google]
1449011589503.png
169KB, 575x446px
I am getting mixed signals here.
Do you guys want Steven to be tooedgyforme or just want him to have a wake up call
>>
>>77853820
I want him to have a Vash from Trigun moment.
>>
>>77853820
A wake up call would be sufficient. When a show that was originally cozy and not so serious permanently takes a dark turn, it sort of ruins the it.
>>
>>77852556

How do you figure, sports fan?

>>77852569

Both? Yeah, both.
>>
File: Squidward's Scabbard.png (159KB, 790x556px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward's Scabbard.png
159KB, 790x556px
Is Pearl the squid ward of SU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih0krrWy5j8
>>
>>77853820
I gotta want Steven to learn more about how violent either the gems were or his mom was, Because gem can't really feel any empathy or love
>>
Why can't you faggots accept that Garnet is a fusion?
>>
>>77853993
Now that I think about it, Spongebob was really gay.
>>
>>77854028
Who the fuck is even saying she isn't?
>>
File: 1448849693480.png (2KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448849693480.png
2KB, 300x400px
>>77854021
>Can't feel love
>Rose and Garnet
>>
WHEN WILL CONNIE DIE FOR GOOD
>>
>>77854142
I kinda want Connie to keep training with pearl.
I'm a sucker for brown swole loli
>>
File: bndocks_ep104_03.jpg (83KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bndocks_ep104_03.jpg
83KB, 400x300px
>>77854142
fuck you bitch ass faggot ass nigga ass punk ass biiiitch
>>
>>77853820
I want Steven to die from rape.
>>
File: 1448616023615.png (123KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1448616023615.png
123KB, 500x398px
>>77854232
>brown swole loli

jesus christ why
>>
File: 1396310441486.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1396310441486.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>77850034
>>
>>77854329
You can't die from rape, that's just a myth
>>
Did Peridot have any friends?
>>
>>77854415
Did she know jasper or were they just forced to work together for the mission?
>>
>>77854415
Peridot requires ton of praise and head patting to be a friend
>>
>>77854437
Hold on, lemme just contact the storyboarders and you'll get your answer in no time
>>
>>77854437
That is a actually good question?
Did they know each other it doesn't seem like it
>>
>>77843347
>Not all the episodes that have nothing to do with the main plot whatsoever

Gosh dang you're a silly goose. When you bake a cake, do you forgo all the ingredients except the butter - since it's obviously the "main" part?
>>
>>77854622
Jasper doesn't really treat perdiot too kindly so probably not.

>Jasper has a group of roughhousers back on home world she chills and tells stories about battles with
>>
>>77854822
All I imagine is a giant roman bathhouse chilling
>>
>>77848540
He couldn't summon his shield reliably for a while or work his healing spit but he was still super strong and a lot more durable than the average human we've known this shit since like episode one cmon man.
>>
>>77844635
Abraham, Moses, Christ and Muhammed are but second-rate prophets compared to this anon. Fucking hell.
>>
File: mysteriousautism.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
mysteriousautism.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>77854900
I don't know. Why don't you fuck off and stop shitposting faggot.
>>
>>77854881
Really, it was all thanks to Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>77854881
Steven can fully control his shield in a certain episode that escapes me but it was with chasing peridot. but the more he uses it the more tired he gets. After he used it 4 times he got really worn out
>>
>>77854954
What's a matter? Are you triggered?
>>
>>77854415

Friends aren't conductive to the efficient completion of assigned tasks, subordinate Gem. Please report to the nearest supervisory Zircon for mandatory motivational adjustments before resuming your menial duties.

This period of non-work-related activity will be deducted from your quarterly leisure time budget. Have a nice day.
>>
When will Greg fucking die? He's seriously the worst character in the show. Fuck him, he ruined Steven's self confidence.
Even Uncle Grandpa is a better parental figure
>>
>>77854970
Except that wasn't canon.
>>
File: Tiger Millionaire & CEOcelot.png (391KB, 1252x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger Millionaire & CEOcelot.png
391KB, 1252x1114px
>>77843172
you do realize that Sworn To The Sword took place over at least a couple weeks, if not a couple months right?

>>77848820
and even Say Uncle is something that fits perfectly fine into continuity considering Uncle Grandpa is a interdimensional reality warper

>>77849248
I am, or at least enough that I've got no real complaints

>>77850000
well Peridot is the right size, and her fusing would be the perfect way to end her Redemption/Reconciliation arc

>>77854232
I like the way you think anon

>>77854822
>>77854877
the swolest bunch on Homeworld
>>
>>77855075
>Except that wasn't canon.
Watch Friendship again
>>
>>77855071
Rebecca Sugar confirmed there's an episode where he gets mutilated.
>>
So we know that pearls are massproduced but what about the other gems? Do you think Quartz like Rose are one of a kind or were they created with the kindergarten?
>>
>>77855075
This comment isn't canon, guys, don't worry.
>>
>>77855160
Finally the murderock is put to a rest
>>
>>77855099
>and even Say Uncle is something that fits perfectly fine into continuity considering Uncle Grandpa is a interdimensional reality warper
Sugar confirmed it's the only episode that's undoubtedly canon.
>>
>>77855165
>So we know that pearls are massproduced

They aren't. Peridot said that they were "custom made."

Like a Real Doll.
>>
>>77855075
*cannon
>>
>>77855139
>>77855167
Sugar wanted the canon to be purposely up to the viewer. What is and isn't canon is up to us.
>>
File: 1427038492600.jpg (23KB, 292x269px) Image search: [Google]
1427038492600.jpg
23KB, 292x269px
>>77855241
>custom made pearls

STOP THE PRESSES
SO THERE ARE FAT PEARLS
>>
>>77853734
His innocence is already kind of gone. He had that whole deal where he was rejecting Connie eve cause he thought his life was too dangerous, he fully realized that the gems coddle him without meaning to, and he mentioned at least once that he was pretty sure they all blamed him on a certain level for Rose being gone. He's not naive just weirdly stoic for a little kid.
>>
>>77854970
>but the more he uses it the more tired he gets. After he used it 4 times he got really worn out
That's because Steven is fat.
>>
>>77855392
Are you retarded? He's completely naive.
>>
>>77855402
>That's because Steven is fat

Not anymore he isn't
More buff if anything
>>
>>77854970
In Friend Ship he summons it a couple times and he summons and uses it when he and Connie fight pearl replicas.
>>
>>77855442
>He's completely naive.
what is Joy Ride
what is Rose's Scabbard
what is Keystone Motel
what is Warp Tour
what is Rose's Room
>>
>>77855241
Everything that Peridot says is bullshit.
>>
>>77855388
Fat Pearls, Skinny Pearls, Glam-rock Pearls, Pearls with asses, Pearls with tits and Pearls with glasses.
>>
>>77855388

No. Who the fuck would want a fat Pearl? Pearls are for looking nice and holding your things.

Fat people don't look nice and they get tired too quickly to hold anything.
>>
>>77855508
Are there any non-retarded Pearls?
>>
>>77855455
He's fucking obese. His boobs are bigger than Connie's.
>>
>>77855283
I meant that as a joke. The fact that you even believe in "canon" is a fucking joke, you imbecile.
>>
>>77855442
Not anymore or at least not as much as he was at the beginning of the show.
>>
>>77855388
>Custom made pearls
>CUSTOM MADE PEARLS
I swear to god I really wish they show a fat pearl that is complete full of herself
>>
>>77855500
Also what is the Test, that's like the most significant episode regarding Steven's character.
>>
>>77855507

How so?
>>
>>77855539
>Fat people don't look nice and they get tired too quickly to hold anything.

it hurts, doesn't it
>>
>>77855500
Episodes that showed that Steven is a puss.
>>
>>77855508
ONE PEARL, TWO PEARL
RED PEARL, BLUE PEARL
>>
>>77855571
Not really.
>>
>>77855552
He's really, really naive. We're talks my SpongeBob levels naive.
>>
>>77855507
The show's not that twisty, by half. She's at least mostly telling the truth about everything.
>>
>>77855640
http://ianjq.tumblr.com/post/134350782937/the-test-out-of-bounds-animatic-clip-the-annies

It is tho
>>
>>77855549
This. Nothing in SU is canon. That's where the humor comes from.
>>
>>77855544
Those cost extra.
>>77855545
What is a little girl with a fairly strict diet?
>>77855539
Someone who gets off on watching someone fail miserably at those assigned tasks. You know, the kind of sadist who plays keep away with a diabetic's insalin.
>>
>>77855763
This. She's not a fucking liar, she just has no tact. Which is entirely understandable, given how she was raised.
>>
>>77855388
>Mfw you can play dress up with a custom made pearl doll
I hope they show a gem that's a pearl fanatic and dress them up in lewd clothing
>>
>>77855793
Not really. Ian doesn't work on SU anymore.
>>
>>77855165
There's a lot of each gem, probably.
I'd like to see a big hive where all the peridots live and do nerd shit and file reports.
>>
>>77855910
But Peridot's are prostitutes.
>>
>>77855801
Every show and every creative work of any kind. Canon is fucking idiocy, observe where the term comes from. It's a meaningless word.
>>
File: 1444776150759.png (1MB, 1961x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1444776150759.png
1MB, 1961x1011px
>>77855989
>>
>>77855989
>Peridot are prostitutes
That's a weird way to spell pearl
>>
>>77855989
I think that's what Lapisses are for.
>>
>>77855989
Thats Lapis Lazuli. Peridots are engineers.
>>
>>77856030
This. Cartoons shouldn't even have canon; it's autistic.
>>
>>77850770
Maybe if we were allowed here.
>>
>>77856112
>>77856030
You are both the void in which good things die, the event horizon of pure faggotry that pulls all dicks into itself. Leave, and spare us your cum-stained rainbow.
>>
>>77856178
Hi Rebecca!
>>
>>77856044
>>77856060
What was Lapis even used for Exterminatus?
>>
>>77853605

typo.
>>
>>77856245
Killing blacks.
>>
>>77856241
I am quite flattered, but no. I'm just some autist who thinks having an established plot line to a cartoon is a good idea.
>>
File: DUNCE.gif (903KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DUNCE.gif
903KB, 480x360px
>>77853790
>>77853805
>>
>>77850770
>will never not be

go back to tumblr you piece of shit
and take your pepe with you
>>
File: 1441987443750.png (80KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1441987443750.png
80KB, 450x450px
>>77856305
I was being sarcastic, you clod.
>>
>>77856245
I'd say they'd be handy on a planet like earth. The Sea Spire's construction probably required a Lapis or two to keep it from flooding before they got it finished.
>>
>>77856357

i wasn't.
>>
>>77836945
>Gear ruined Static Shock
>hating on Gear at all
>not thinking Backpack was the coolest shit on the planet
I'll fight you
>>
>>77836945
The biggest problem with the show now was the pandering to the Peridot fans. It's pretty revolting.
>>
>>77854970
I wonder if this is because Steven isn't able to properly use his gem as an energy source like the others. It clearly supplements him, what with the super-strength and the like, but he still has to rely on eating, breathing, and sleeping primarily, which isn't enough to keep drawing on for the shield.

Since those are pretty limited resources, what if fighting as Stevonnie had a time limit before defusing, since she'd be using gem abilities, to balance out being powerful/skilled fighter? This would leave both of them tapped and unable to fight making the fusion high-risk.

Could Steven learn to rely solely on his gem? Would it gradually happen naturally? If he went without food he could unlock it? If he fused with another gem could he pick it up from them?
>>
>>77856500
it all comes down to "if porkchops weren't perfect"
>>
>>77856426
What's wrong, anon? Don't you like the new protagonist?
>>
>>77856426
Agreed. I also dislike how they pander to the Steven and Pearl fags. Dont even get me started on pandering to to the garnet and amethyst fags.
>>
>>77856426
I don't think that's so insufferable. It was way worse when all the people were spewing conjecture, painting her as everything from badass warlord to a step or two away from the truth.
>>
>>77856178
Whoops, I guess fictional cartoon shows have some kind of independent existence that we all should argue about the specifics of, rather than being a sequence of creative works produced by real people. My mistake. I was the dimwitted fantasist, not you, obviously; my mistake.
>>
>>77856426
Explain how they're pandering to Peridot fans? Just because she's being shown a lot more doesn't mean it's pandering.
>>
>>77856579
buttmad perifag detected
get a better waifu you dung
>>
>>77856595
I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways.
>>
>>77856595
If you don't want to argue about the specifics of a "sequence of creative works", then why are you here? There's really nothing else to do on this board aside from that or talking about "Waifus."
>>
Guys, guys
I'm sure we all can agree that the Peridot pandering is something we should blame Zuke for.
She's the one ruining a character with good potential, yeah I said RUINING, because making her "tsundere nyan tinydot" is being a hack, which is actually something Lauren is know for
>>
What even is Peridot's plan once she's helped the Crystal Gems stop the Cluster? Go back to Homeworld and tell Yellow Diamond she aided traitors in order to save her own skin? Peridot did not think this all the way through. I want to see the episode where it finally sinks in and she mindfucks herself.
>>
>>77856758

Peridot was a shallow character before Zuke gave her some actual personality.
>>
>>77856758
If you guys are this asspained about not having a MUH SERUZ antagonist, i'm sure there will be a gem in the future to satisfy you. Plus there's still jasper before she inevitably gets redeemed.
>>
>>77856756
I've sufficiently often found people who aren't stupid on this board. It requires a certain amount of patience, I'll admit, but I frequently argue about the specifics of a "sequence of creative works" with those who are capable of distingushing fiction from reality.
>>
>>77856883
why do you think Peridot is planning all of this?
she doesn't want to be on Earth in the first place
>>
>>77856971
are you autism
>>
>>77856758
I don't think it's ruined her and I wouldn't ever use the word "pandering" but I think they're overdoing it a bit with the cutesy shit. Wouldn't hurt to tone that down.
>>
>>77857039
Irony won't get you into my pants, subhuman trash.
>>
File: 1444341013327.png (169KB, 392x386px) Image search: [Google]
1444341013327.png
169KB, 392x386px
>>77856758
>>77856426

The show is made like a year before airdate

Peridot was introduced like a year ago, pandering would have required some very reactive episode creation

One new storyboarder is not in charge of a character's entire personality/everything they do, that's not how writing works

ur getting angry about literally nothing you clods
>>
https://strawpoll.me/6155686
>>
>>77857101
>I think they're overdoing it a bit with the cutesy shit. Wouldn't hurt to tone that down

Have we been watching the same cartoon? There is no chill when it comes to cute shit with them.
>>
>>77857101
But if they turned the cutest stuff down, Tumblr will throw a fit.
>>
File: steven has made a mistake.png (263KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
steven has made a mistake.png
263KB, 1200x900px
You can't expect Steven's future wife to be useless in combat, can you
>>
>>77857195
WHY do you care about Tumblr and what they think?
Why?
>>
File: tumblr_nv7pcyJkVA1qhjcclo1_1280.jpg (249KB, 1280x1517px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv7pcyJkVA1qhjcclo1_1280.jpg
249KB, 1280x1517px
>>77856758

F/am, all this cute shit was planned before we even saw her. Not theyre fault it happens to be what fans like.
http://rebeccasugar.tumblr.com/post/129821504688/orig-concept-from-october-2014-for-the-treatment
>>
>>77857165
Don't try to reason with these people.
>>
>>77857195
I highly doubt that. People liked her back when she was just a panicky, sarcastic tech support drone who squished small cute robots.
>>
>>77857300
Dude what? Of course she was meant to be small, obviously. We all knew the day Warp Tour aired.
But making her "smoll dorito tinydot nyan tsundere lol" is fucking stupid and shouldn't be considered as character development
>>
>>77857214
You mean future husband
>>
>>77857229
Because he's an idiot. These episodes are made so many months in advance, you can't accuse them of pandering to a single social networking site.
>>
>>77857312
>these people

fuck off will you
>>
>>77857180
Why? Is it a tumblr thing?
>>
>>77857350
...What?
Why not?
>>
>>77857350

Sorry that your headcanon got nixed, fella.
>>
>>77857353
Oh yeah. Connie is trans.
>>
>>77857350
>smoll dorito tinydot nyan tsundere lol

Thats how tumblr depicts her. In show shes just hyper and overconfident.
>>
>>77857406
Our show's creator is a woman. Can you honestly believe she'd make a serious, dark and edgy cartoon?
>>
>>77857214
But that's not Peridot. Or Lapis. Or Peedee.
>>
>>77857441
>Our show

what
>>
>>77857441
Yes. Dark and edgy>cutesy crap
>>
File: stronger__by_nino5571-d9gsy5g.jpg (116KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stronger__by_nino5571-d9gsy5g.jpg
116KB, 768x1024px
>>77855545
he's already a lot slimmer than he was at the start of the series, while he'll never be skinny(being the child of Rose Quartz and Greg Universe pretty much makes that impossible), he'll probably be much more healthy looking as he gets older and more and more involved in Gem business
>>
>>77857475
Who's peedee? I've never heard of that gem.
>>
>>77857486
Oh, I forgot I wasn't talking to people who're actually in this thread because they like this show.
>>
>>77857436
>hyper and overconfident

You're def not seeing the same character as I am
>>
>>77857441
I don't think you've been watching the same show.

SU isn't 100% dark. But the only show on CN that has been any darker is Adventure Time during lich episodes.
>>
>>77857502
Except, no, he's still a McDonald's fatso. He'll always will be. Deal with it diabeeto.
>>
>>77857516
dude stop your autist
>>
>>77857533
TTG is darker than those two shows combined.
>>
File: coolkids.gif (479KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
coolkids.gif
479KB, 259x195px
>>77857501
If you want dark and edgy shit you're watching the wrong show. Go to /bojack/ or something
>>
>>77857533
You really believe Adventure Time is dark?
What the fuck
>>
>>77857441
Why can't women make anything good?
>>
>>77857431
Everyone is apparently. Haven't you heard?

>>77857475
You're right, it's not.
>>
>>77857533
>SU isn't 100% dark
Yeah, it's more like 1-2% dark.
>>
>>77857503
http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Peedee_Fryman
>>
File: 1434620363022.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1434620363022.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>77857609
Because sometimes... they make stuff for other women, and not for you :^)
>>
what does dark even mean?
what makes a show dark?
>>
File: 1446172000829.png (138KB, 617x962px) Image search: [Google]
1446172000829.png
138KB, 617x962px
>>77857214
>>
>>77857619
I can't wait until Steven X Connie fags get BTFO. That pic will be obsolete.
>>
>>77857656
Post that three more times and you'll revive Para outta his grave.
Or bail him outta jail, whatever
>>
>>77853121
it's not like the action sequences are particularly impressive. Weekly gem monsters are less prevalent now, but we'll probably get more action during the finale with the cluster and malachite(?)

Of course Steven's gonna deus ex machina at the end no matter what.
>>
>>77857394
A waah waaah? A waah waaaah waaaah. Make a coherent and supported proposition or stop being surprised when people don't give a shit about your opinions.
>>
>>77857672
Women are stupid. They make stupid stuff.
>>
WHEN
WILL
CONNIE
DIE
FOR
GOOD
>>
>>77857713
You think he'll die?
>>
>>77857722
I'm not even gonna bother reading that autistic shit
Next time write a reply that doesn't involve a strawman, dung.
>>
File: 1442703615396.png (298KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1442703615396.png
298KB, 500x628px
>>77857726
>>
>>77857675
color palette
>>
File: steven has fetishes.jpg (116KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
steven has fetishes.jpg
116KB, 768x1024px
>>77857698
You'll be waiting forever then.
>>
File: normal_rose.png (2MB, 1024x1733px) Image search: [Google]
normal_rose.png
2MB, 1024x1733px
>>77857502
>>
>>77857790
Why does Sugar draw Rose like a fatso? Does she have a fat person fetish.
>>
File: rawse.gif (1MB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
rawse.gif
1MB, 540x297px
>>77857823
>implying you wouldn't unleash the murdercock
>>
>>77857708
Speaking of Para.
http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=52652464
>>
>>77857823
That's kinda like her schtick, I believe.
At least, BE THANKFUL we're not getting Invader Zim ripoffs
>>
File: abomination.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>77857856
JESUS
WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE THAT
>>
>>77857675
Gore
Violence
Sex
Things that SU is severely lacking in.
>>
>>77857823
Why does Sugar draw Pearl with a pointy nose? Does she have a pointy nose fetish?
>>
>>77857886
I don't see a problem.
>>
>>77857823

she draws most of the SU characters as fat/thick.
>>
>>77857896
Yeah, and it could use more racial slurs.
>>
>>77857896
It... it's a kids show
>>
>>77857896
>Gore
what is nightmare hospital
what is keep peeing that to get her

>Sex
what is garnet

>Violence
like all the time of all kinds
>>
>>77857966
So?
>>
>>77857939
You need to be exorcised. You are a tumor on humanity.
>>
>>77854437
Probably not since the Gems on Homeworld all seem to exist for a particular reason and have a caste system. they probably just put those two together
>>
>>77858033
What? Is he possesed or part of a bigger cancer? I don't understand your logic, doc.
>>
>>77855539
well it wouldn't matter anyway since their bodies are just made of light.
>>
>>77857766
What strawman? There are half a dozen valid objections you could have had to that comment, and you pick one with no applicability whatsoever? I normally enjoy 4chan's troll/countertroll fencing but you've gotta put at least some effort in, give me a fucking reacharound at least.
>>
What's the plural of Lapis? This is very important.
>>
>>77857989
That's all kiddie stuff. I'm talking GTA level shit.
>>
>>77858166
Lapis
>>
File: capture-20151201-235027.png (467KB, 713x398px) Image search: [Google]
capture-20151201-235027.png
467KB, 713x398px
Well!
/sug/ has spoken

>>>/trash/380585
>>
>>77858202
Don't do that.
>>
File: 1442460787597.jpg (88KB, 655x700px) Image search: [Google]
1442460787597.jpg
88KB, 655x700px
>>77858202
You bastard.
>>
>>77858173
Sugar doesn't seem the sorta bloke to pull that kinda shit
>>
>>77858166

Lapenis.
>>
>>77858173
>GTA
>>>/vr/
>>>/it'sakidsshowloser/
>>
>>77858166
It's Lapisisisisisisisisisisisis...

cutiepie.jpg
>>
>>77858202
>only twenty votes
>>
File: VvgQAws.jpg (55KB, 602x644px) Image search: [Google]
VvgQAws.jpg
55KB, 602x644px
>>77858360
shut
>>
>>77858342
Kids shows can be edgy. Look at Ren and Stimpy.
>>
>>77857848
>>77857879
>>77857952
Why is she trying so hard to be progressive.
>>
>>77858442
Funny joke
>>
>>77858514
Because when she was a teen she got heavily bullied because she was an obsessive IZ and EEnE fan that'd draw cheap porn for the dungs that also like those shit cartoons
So she'll try to instill the sense of freedom of expression she wishes she'd had at such age onto kids who don't understand jack shit.
Sadie's Song as the perfect example
>>
>>77858706
Sounds like Sugar needs to kill herself then.
>>
>>77858442
ren and stimpy wasn't a show it was a fat hairy guy jerking off for twenty minutes then winking at the camera
>>
>>77858746
BBC is the only thing that holds her back.
>>
>>77858773
Glad to hear Lamar Abrams makes her happy.
>>
>>77858648
Remember how Ren pulled out his nerve endings using tweezers?
>>
File: 1435899605025.jpg (39KB, 496x511px) Image search: [Google]
1435899605025.jpg
39KB, 496x511px
>>77858856
>Lamar Abrams

sure, yeah
>>
>>77858936
Well it can't be Ian; he's gay.
>>
>>77855071
Why do you hate Greg?
>>
File: 1448570632303.png (97KB, 540x558px) Image search: [Google]
1448570632303.png
97KB, 540x558px
>>77859015
Why not? He's fucking awful.
>>
>>77859071
Wait, what? We back, senpai?
>>
>>77859114
The key is to find a character belonging to a different language that looks like one of the letters, and using that instead.
>>
>>77859037
I don't hate him because every "parental" figure so far has been shit. Except Rose and she's fucking dead.

Greg's not perfect, but that's kind of the point. He loves his son and seems to dislike the fact that the gems try to keep him from being a dad to him. Not like Pearl is any better at raising Steven, seeing as she treats him like a shrine to Rose.
>>
File: Amy.jpg (224KB, 1523x885px) Image search: [Google]
Amy.jpg
224KB, 1523x885px
So I have a question guys...

If Amythest was no part of the Gems that came to Earth (she was grown on the Kindergarten), should Garnett and Pearl resent her and see her as one of the enemy? Has this been addressed?
>>
>>77859143
Seems like a lot work just to do this, desu.
>>
>>77859037
He probably molests Steven and Connie on a daily business.
>>
File: beanbag.jpg (24KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
beanbag.jpg
24KB, 400x393px
>>77859143
Nope, that's not what I did.
>>
>>77859071
how are boxes supposed to help?
>>
>>77859195
Let's be honest; every adult in SU useless. Greg and Pearl more so. Steven would be better off raised by wolves.
>>
>>77859071
>>77859228
Lemme see if I can guess...

baka
desu
senpai
>>
File: 1420001811439.png (56KB, 224x214px) Image search: [Google]
1420001811439.png
56KB, 224x214px
>>77859280
Looks like you couldn't!
>>
>>77859197
>If Amythest was no part of the Gems that came to Earth (she was grown on the Kindergarten), should Garnett and Pearl resent her and see her as one of the enemy? Has this been addressed?

Amethyst never participated in the war. She was born later.

So no, they have no reason to see her as an enemy. They don't like the Kindergarten itself- because it was destroying the Earth- but that's not Amethyst's fault.
>>
File: 1445075319259.png (281KB, 432x632px) Image search: [Google]
1445075319259.png
281KB, 432x632px
>>77859228
Clever use of spoiler tags?
>>
>>77859071
something to do with letterspace?
>>
File: dg3.jpg (90KB, 1611x711px) Image search: [Google]
dg3.jpg
90KB, 1611x711px
Oh fuck yes! Another Dog copter cameo! ....He needs to appear atleast every 3 episodes....
>>
File: brid raccoon jasper.png (134KB, 599x518px) Image search: [Google]
brid raccoon jasper.png
134KB, 599x518px
> eight months of no Jasper

I want to see her wrecking more shit with Beast Cannon.
>>
>>77859519
Voodoo?
>>
File: 1425855759000.png (69KB, 253x245px) Image search: [Google]
1425855759000.png
69KB, 253x245px
>>77859470
Nope.
>>
>>77859519
fǡm
>>
I seriously stopped watching SU mid season 2 because of Connie. Fuck that bitch. Any episode she is in is terrible she is even worse than Greg which I didn't think could be possible.
>>
File: AGENDA.png (155KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
AGENDA.png
155KB, 500x376px
>>77859579
>Greg hate
Nice meme!
>>
>>77859519
>>77859572
baka
desu
>>
>>77859579
Dude, are you me?
Though I still haven't quitted. I completely skipped Sworn to the Sword because I just knew what the plot was and how they keep shoehorning Connie in everything is fucking frustrating.
I feel you, even if you're shitposting
>>
>>77859566
it's the invisible key, isn't it?
>>
>>77859615
>>77859579
Honestly i lay awake at night praying that sugar will kill of connie. GOD I HATE HER UGH!
>>
>>77859566
baka desu senpai

if this worked then I've figured it out and will be spoiling it to others next post ;)
>>
>>77859689
senpai
>>
File: 1445471720361.gif (172KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
1445471720361.gif
172KB, 497x372px
>>77859689
Hahahahahaha.
>>
File: rgbh5g.png (158KB, 362x413px) Image search: [Google]
rgbh5g.png
158KB, 362x413px
>>77859689
HAA
>>
>>77859715
>>77859711
fuck and I was so sure too

baka
>>
I honestly don't care about the figuring out the word filter, it's just fun to watch you guys squirm over this.
>>
File: 1425791202514.png (214KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
1425791202514.png
214KB, 1000x670px
>>77859617
No, mate
>>
>>77859606
It's not a meme to hate a genuinely bad character.

Most people I see just hate him because he is a bad father or he is fat loser. I hate him because he is a boring character that sucks all of the life out of every scene he is in.

The only people who like Greg are people who didn't have fathers in their lives because they get a sick dad-boner over all the cliche "warm moments" that are super cringe-worthy.
>>
>>77859682
>>77859579
>>77859615
Connie dies in the most unceremonious possible way ever i.e. Run over by car, fell down the stairs and broke her neck. Now Peridot has replaced Connie for Stevens affections.
>>
>>77859579
>>77859615
>>77859682
Seriously?
>>
>>77859765
Or you could just be a fucking moron.
>>
½ Gem + Gem = ???
>>
>>77859765
This should make you happy then. I know it made me smile after Laser Light Cannon.
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10200917/6/
>>
>>77859765
The only thing Greg ever did wrong was let his kid be taken away from him by a bunch of mentally unstable alien war criminals.
>>
>>77859799
Better. After Connie dies, Steven swears off women and dates Peedee.
>>
>>77859822
= dirty hybrid mixing with purebreed gems. Disgusting.
>>
>>77859891
that's a really cute name for peridot anon
>>
>>77859822
steven isn't 1/2 gem,1/2 human he's 1 gem 1 human
>>
>>77859893
Okay then. ½ Gem + ¼ Gem = ???
>>
>>77859890
They're still better parents than that fatso.
>>
>>77859940
I'm excluding the human-half and only worried about the Gem-half at this moment.
>>
>>77859909
Peridot can get shattered.
She's just as bad as Connie.
>>
>>77859974
leave
>>
>>77859948
Incest.
>>
>>77859268
Pretty much.

I think Greg's the best of a bad situation.
>>
File: image.png (327KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
327KB, 700x668px
>>77845560
I don't know if you're still here or if you have i already anon but here
>>
>>77860049
>best of a bad situation
That's giving him way too much credit. Personally, I hope all the adults get killed in the invasion. Maybe then the children will be alright.
>>
>>77859974

I think we can all agree that the show would be a million times better if they killed off all the gems and townsfolk and replaced them with Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>77860080
This. At least UG wouldn't be a huge pussy.
>>
>>77860000
Holy shit, the quads.
>>
>>77860080

Yeah, but that'd overstay its welcome too.

Why don't shows just periodically kill of their entire casts? Then the shows would never grow stale!
>>
It doesn't matter if you like Greg or not, the fact is he's not gonna make it to the ending of the series.
>>
>>77860235
He may or may not be forced to impregnate a couple of gems from HW
>>
>>77857823
>Why does Sugar draw Garnet like a black person? Does she have a black person fetish.
>>
now that this thread is out the door I just wanted to pop in and say that /v/ is laughing at how big a bunch of faggots you /co/cksmokes are
>>
>>77857856
>>77857886
I do not have an account there.
What was it?
>>
>>77861145
so you're /v/ spokesperson? did they choose the biggest autist of them all?
>>
>>77861201
Thanks. Was gonna say something like this.
>>
File: 1448501922580.png (527KB, 900x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1448501922580.png
527KB, 900x1004px
>>77861259
got you covered, you can always count on a /freak/
>>
>>77861337
EW GROSS AN ORANGE ORC FUCKING KILL IT
>>
>>77854343
>MIXED FRIES Zucchini, onion rings, french fries (...)

Sounds good.
>>
File: 1427599466474.jpg (46KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
1427599466474.jpg
46KB, 500x507px
>>77861375
you fucking
HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>77857823
peridot said that quartz meant to be big and intimidating
>>
>>77836945
There are no redeeming qualities in Steven Universe and it is part of the problem in the animation industry today. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1425514461783.gif (31KB, 540x661px) Image search: [Google]
1425514461783.gif
31KB, 540x661px
I'm a Cherry Man!
>>
>>77862195
You don't want to be proven wrong, you already know you're wrong. You just want (You)s because you're needy for attention.
>>
File: 1435105849396.png (37KB, 199x224px) Image search: [Google]
1435105849396.png
37KB, 199x224px
>>77861337
I guess that makes us both freaks, huh?
>>
>>77860512
But Rose had to study human anatomy for a long time to get that to work.
>>
>>77862326
No, I want you to prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1427332263824.jpg (143KB, 940x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1427332263824.jpg
143KB, 940x1280px
>>77862379
unf
>>
>>77843172
in the episode where Steven give Connie his moms sword she says "I've been doing this for a year" when telling her mom about everything, and that was a few episodes after she started the training, so shes been doing it for a while
>>
File: 1435339634147.png (437KB, 978x635px) Image search: [Google]
1435339634147.png
437KB, 978x635px
>>77862471
I've always considered writing a part 2
>>
just watched every episode in one sitting
way WAY to much filler
way to many broken/unresolved Chekhov's guns ex. the fucking GIANT purple war ax
Character inconsistencies ex. Pearl eating in together-breakfast vs EVERY OTHER EPISODE WITH HER EATING.
gems forgetting they can shape-shift etc.

rose quarts fucking making Steven makes no sense, considering her oath to protect earth, and being unable to fuse or reproduce with humans, and leaving those loyal to her to pick up the pieces from problems which any clod would see coming
Peridot's conversion makes no sense because the crystal gems didn't destroy all the robots that fixed the galaxy warp pad, infact they kept some AND they kept her escape pod
Lapis sacrifice makes no sense no seriously nothing I do comes close to explaining pre-mirror break or any of her behavior after returning from space
Gem History is un-described to the point of Imperialist expansion, which makes no sense for a caste based immortal pseudo-race, are they all servant races for some organics, or some other race?
Human history would be far more warped by the presence of the gems and all their Relics scattered about the earth, than it appears to be why bother cleaning up the green ship because "humans might get the tech" when the earth is fucking COVERED in gem tech

Was expecting The corrupted gem monsters to be explained at least by season 1, because the Kinder-garden has only humanoid shaped holes, and even the gem mutants are still made (mostly) of humanoid parts
Was expecting any human government agency to be following the gems

Also wtf is with this fan focus on Jaspers? I can understand StevenXConnie or even StevenXPeridot, but jasper's was in at most 2 episodes and got wrecked both times by fucking lapis
>>
>>77862660
You're not on tumblr, you piece of dung.
Try writing like a decent person.
>>
>>77862701
>tumblr

that's more from my style of programming where each sentence has a line to itself, capitalization is mostly ignored, and similar ideas are grouped together

all of my points still stand
all of my points, but the last line, are all about the story quality, and inconsistencies
>>
>>77862851
post it here if you want discussion

>>>/trash/380585
>>
>>77862911
I didn't make this thread you ass
>>
File: 1425276194402.png (193KB, 473x586px) Image search: [Google]
1425276194402.png
193KB, 473x586px
>>77862954
eh?
>>
>>77862660

>rose quarts fucking making Steven makes no sense
It makes perfect sense. Gems are really bad at social behavior, while humans are amazing at it. By making Steven, Rose has effectively made a super strong and socially competent warrior.

>Peridot's conversion makes no sense
She doesn't know that they kept her stuff. Peridot doesn't have clairvoyance. She doesn't have much of a choice, either.

>Lapis sacrifice makes no sense
It wasn't exactly a sacrifice. It was the only logical path. Jasper could have destroyed her easily, and Lapis thought that the Crystal Gems would have done something similar. She had no other options but to fuse and try to assume direct control.
>>
>>77863097
>By making Steven, Rose has effectively made a super strong and socially competent warrior
Headcannon

>She doesn't know that they kept her stuff
she fucking turned in one episode
She was revived inside the temple, effectively inside their armory, that they themselves can get lost in, where any stuff they confiscated would have been, but she ran strait out of it, and converted in the same episode: this is literally writer convenience/incompetence

>...Lapis thought...
The one thing she knows is that Steven won't hurt her, and that the crystals listen to him
Jasper was the only threat to her, and not a permanent one
It was not even a logical path, because all it did was postpone the one thing you suggested was actualy a threat to her
refusing to fuse would not be a worse position, once it breaks on its own she will be alone with a person who will kill her, or be completely dominated and leave EVERYONE including her off in a worse position
refusing would have just had her cast away, and even if her gem was damaged Steven would just fix that (and if not would still have been better than what she chose), and jasper had already lost the fucking battle and her ship what threat was she to anyone?, let alone a team of gems who could fuse twice more than her anyway
>>
File: the power of dance compels you.png (74KB, 477x435px) Image search: [Google]
the power of dance compels you.png
74KB, 477x435px
>>
>>77857726
Clearly you're a prime example.
>>
>>77863273

>The one thing she knows is that Steven won't hurt her, and that the crystals listen to him

When was it established that Lapis thinks that the gems listen to Steven? Lapis does trust Steven, but it cannot be inferred that Steven controls the Crystal Gems just because he helps Lapis. Without being able to trust the Crystal Gems, then Lapis really did have no other option. Fusing also has the added advantage of letting Lapis place herself in the water, as opposed to trying to fight on land where she has none of her powers available.

>she fucking turned in one episode
It wasn't exactly one episode, and she hasn't exactly turned. She is only working to save her own skin. It wouldn't even have made a difference if she did find her robots, because the Crystal Gems were right outside of the prison.
>>
>>77863718
>When was it established that Lapis thinks that the gems listen to Steven?
when she used the wailing stone to warn them you dingus

>then Lapis really did have no other option.
she had tons
say no to jasper?, I don't even think fusions of whole gems work against their will, jasper had to fucking ask
escape into the ocean, like she did when her gem was damaged
fucking surrendering to the crystals would be better than fusing with jasper, and you know it

>... the Crystal Gems were right outside of the prison.
the gems didn't know she had been released, and them lounging in the kitchen,
this was literally the comedy bit they did when she ran out the temple
plain and simple writer convenience, just admit it
>>
>>77863871

>when she used the wailing stone to warn them you dingus

The message was addressed specifically to Steven. Lapis only trusts Steven, as can be seen by her insistence that Steven wasn't involved with anything during The Return by saying "He's not one of them!" Her trust in Steven has nothing to do with whether she believes Steven controls the Crystal Gems.

>escape into the ocean
>say no to jasper?
>fucking surrendering to the crystals

Jasper easily pulled her out of the air before she could do anything, so escaping is out of the question entirely. It would have been dangerous, if not suicidal, to try anything but fusing given how much more powerful Jasper is than Lapis.

>plain and simple writer convenience

I do agree that it was convenient, but that statement is quite different from "Peridot's conversion makes no sense".
>>
>>77863097
>It makes perfect sense. Gems are really bad at social behavior, while humans are amazing at it. By making Steven, Rose has effectively made a super strong and socially competent warrior.
That's actually a pretty cool and warped way of looking at it. Makes sense for Rose, too.

I guess SU has eugenics.
>>
>>77864098
>her trust in steven
If she trusts steven then she knows he would convince the crystals to not poof her, end of argument

>...if not suicidal...
shes suicidal
her old life is gone, the old gem civilization is different and not what she expected
she fucking completely shut down in the prison on the ship, when steven offered to break her out
Jasper was beaten, at worst she might have gotten cracked,and as I already said, and you already know, she knows steven can fix that

The problem is that she trusts steven, but she doesn't trust steven
As you can see, there is a story problem, when her action is both out of character, and idiotic

>...that statement is quite different...
a character making a out-of-character move for writers convenience makes no sense, is stupid, and should not be forgiven
peridot turning in one episode instead of wreaking havoc from inside their temple before being coerced is lazy (she barely messed up the bathroom)
lapis AGREEING to fuse with jasper to overpower jasper, when she was a foot away from the ocean with all its power which would have been more than enough to poof/overpower jasper was stupid
>>
>>77864218
Look it makes some sense and I like it, but its still headcannon, and the story still doesn't support it, because Rose realy didn't set up anything to make that happen
>>
>>77864238
It's totally "headcanon" much as I hate the word, but I like to think of it as more casting a better light on her character. That and the alternative is that Rose was so befuddled by human love that she sacrificed herself meaninglessly for a human/gem hybrid that might not even have survived to adulthood.

Honestly, maybe she had an idea that Steven would have Gem disruption abilities, but that's a bit of a stretch. Not to mention her needing to die in the first place is a tad stupid.
>>
>>77864222
The point of Lapis' character is that she's so absorbed in her own depression that she makes stupid decisions (Malachite) that benefit literally no one in an attempt to feel in control for once.
>>
>>77864282
The problem I'm having integrating it is the gem lifespan
5000 years since their revolution is a blink of an eye and nowhere near long enough to feel comfortable about the homeworld not coming back, or worse.
Oh and look homeworld put a worldbomb in the planet, good work rose perfect timing.
>>
>>77864222

>If she trusts steven then she knows he would convince the crystals to not poof her

What makes you think Lapis thinks that Steven has that kind of power? Lapis clearly has a history of issues with the Crystal Gems, and it seems unlikely that Steven being good to her will suddenly convince her that she can trust any of them besides Steven. Remember that Lapis used force against Steven when she realized that he was a Crystal Gem, even though he had saved her just one day prior. Steven had to save Lapis twice to convince her of his own good character, and so it seems rather dubious to claim that she will just start trusting the Crystal Gems because Steven is related to them. It is especially hard to believe when Steven has never even made an attempt to convince Lapis that the Crystal Gems aren't bad.

>she was a foot away from the ocean with all its power

Jasper easily tossed around Lapis like she was a doll. She would have been destroyed before accomplishing anything, just like how Peridot was destroyed within one second by Garnet. Lapis was also shown to be kind of crazy. Fusion was a much safer and more fitting decision for Lapis to make.

>character making a out-of-character move

Destroying stuff in the temple really would not have made any sense, as it would have greatly increased the risk of being captured. Peridot was interested in saving herself, and not getting recaptured. Her acceptance of working with the Crystal Gems after some negotiations with Steven makes sense, considering that Peridot and Steven had been previously shown to be on relatively good terms, and in that it coincides with Peridot's own desires. The only convenient thing that happened was the Crystal Gems being right outside of the prison.
>>
>>77864560
>Lapis clearly has a history of issues with the Crystal Gems
The crystals didn't even know there was a gem inside the mirror, OR the show didn't really explain gem artifacts well and their behavior doesn't fit a previous relationship

>Jasper easily tossed around Lapis like she was a doll.
Lapis can CONTROL WATER, jasper's physical strength is irrelevant
jasper was BEATEN without lapis, lapis didn't suggest the fusion, JASPER did
even so, Perdiots gem was not damaged when poofed by Garnet

>...convenient thing...
I accept your concession
>>
>>77864641
Watch Mirror Gem. It's obvious Lapis never trusted the CGs because "they don't care about other gems, just Earth" and she thinks the CGs knew she was in the mirror. Obviously she's not going to trust them to save herself after neither Earth or Homeworld are nice places to go to anymore.

And the CGs definitely knew there was a gem stuck in the mirror, since Pearl described it as such. They just thought the gem inside might have been dead because of how cracked she was. Which is kind of stupid seeing as the mirror was working until Steven got it.
>>
>>77864924
are you fucking stupid enough to think lapis didn't see that the crystals where the lesser of two threats in that situation? Because thats the entire foundation of your argument
>>
>>77864963
Not even the same person you were replying to. Trying to rationalize the decision making of a desperate mentally ill person is just silly, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>77865017
My argument was about writer incompetence, via the numerous inconsistencies, you responded to an inconsistency with an even worse explanation

gg no re
>>
>>77859822
75% Gem, 25% Human.
>>
>>77862660

Holy shit, how can someone be so bad at understanding fiction? Do you read the first few chapters of a book and then drop it when it doesn't answer every question immediately?

First, the show is far from over. Complaining about unresolved Chekhov's guns in a currently ongoing series is the height of stupidity. Furthermore, complaining about a lack of information when many of these points have clearly been set up to be revealed in some future episode is also stupid. See any sentence with the phrase "you don't know shit about X".

I can think of exactly one time shapeshifting should have been used, and even then the previously established mechanic that emotional distress makes it difficult is enough to handwave that away. Pearl never ate in Together Breakfast, you could have at least mentioned her 'love of pie' but either way she has never actually willingly eaten on-screen.

Rose made Steven because she loved Greg and wanted to reproduce with him. Any other motives are at this point speculation, and proclaiming it makes no sense without having all the facts makes you an idiot.

Peridot 'converted' out of desperation so that she could survive. Why would the crystal gems give her access to tools that would let her escape and allow the Earth to explode?

You don't know shit about Lapis because you don't know shit about Homeworld.

You don't know shit about gem history.

You don't know shit about the human world outside of Beach CIty. The ship was dangerous because it was new and they didn't know how it worked/Peridot was nearby. They've had thousands of years to deal with anything they left that might have conflicted with human settlements.

Corrupted gems have to do with the war, which we know nothing about.

You don't know shit about the human world outside of Beach City.

Jasperfags just think she's hot.
>>
>>77865282
All that would be legitimate criticism of all my issues, IF it wasn't >80% filler
>>
How would a fusion between Steven and another Gem work?
>>
>>77865337
I believe there will be multiple eyes and limbs when that happens.
>>
>>77865340
That's almost every gem fusion
Was odd Seffani didn't have multiple eyes and limbs
>>
>>77865340
You mean extra body parts? I'm kind of split on wether if all of Steven's fusions would have extra body parts or not, regardless of if the fusion is with a Gem or a Human.
>>
>>77865323

Oh, I forgot that one! Simply put, you missed the point of almost every episode.

Just because something doesn't directly tie into the plot doesn't mean it's not valuable insight into a character which may come into play later in the show (i.e. Pearl always holding onto Garnet's arm and other subservient quirks in early episodes reflect her former role in gem society).
>>
>>77865390
you can have all that "insight" without filler
>>
>>77865401

It's not filler if it provides information which becomes relevant in later episodes, which is true of all but one or two episodes. Also, the early episodes are meant to be much more stand-alone slice-of-life fluff. If you don't like that kind of story, fine, but don't pretend they didn't provide relevant information for later episodes.

It's pretty impressive how consistently they were able to work in details.They range from really obvious stuff, like Garnet being a fusion, to subtle stuff like having the pink whale Steven creates in Rose's room speak with her voice before we'd even seen or heard her.
>>
>>77865470
IF you can provide "insight" without filler
THEN it is better than filler

Details do not REQUIRE filler

also your argument is blown out of the water considering that "detail" about pearl was, at best, headcannon before Perdoits explicit reveal, and after the reveal doesn't need the filler (same with garnet), AND you wouldn't have brought it up (without it being called headcannon) without the explicit support of the series
>>
>>77865535

Stop using the word filler. I just explained how it isn't.

What is your point here? That I couldn't have appreciated the details presented about their character without the show building on them in later episodes? Garnet being a fusion (and frankly, Pearl being a servant-class gem) would have been bullshit if they'd been revealed without any sort of foreshadowing. Those sorts of revelations only feel natural to a story if there is precedent.
>>
>>77865665
Any of those details could have been represented in episodes that actually mattered

My point is the "insight" you brought up are ones that where explicitly stated later, making any "insight" before irrelevant, by smashing subtly, and making those episodes with them more irrelevant

THAT IS FILTER
>>
>>77865692
Making those previous episodes more irrelevant*
>>
>>77865692
FILLER*
jesus it's late
>>
>>77865692

Get some sleep, man. You're talking in circles.

It all boils down to you not liking the early slice-of-life format. The presentation of subtle details which later provided basis for important character revelations, or character growth, was done correctly and well. Therefore, the episodes are not filler, even if they are not directly related to the Homeworld conflict. Filler isn't a term for episodes you don't like, they have to be completely dissociated from the plot to the point where not watching them has no bearing on your appreciation of the story, which is not the case here.
>>
>>77865754
you are talking in circles, because you have ignored everything i said

Slice of life is fine, changing gears is not, stick to one

Subtle "insights" become irrelevant, when they are later explicitly stated, and make the episode they exist in less relevant when smashed

> to the point where not watching them has no bearing on your appreciation of the story
>your appreciation of the story
you mean "understanding of the plot", not appreciation
>>
>>77865797

Changing gears isn't allowed? Why not? Seems like an arbitrary rule to me.

Again, they have no value if they are only explicitly stated, or if they are only hinted at but never made relevant to the story. You need foreshadowing followed by revelation.

No, I don't. Those are two distinct, specific things. If all you want is to understand the plot of something you could just read a summary.
>>
>>77865535
>detail was headcanon until it wasn't

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
Thread posts: 536
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.