[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this was part of DCAU Was it actually good or just the typical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Static_Shock.png (1MB, 1448x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Static_Shock.png
1MB, 1448x1264px
>this was part of DCAU

Was it actually good or just the typical black cartoon to teach white kids about the ghetto
>>
>>77828510
It had a few 'very special episodes' yes, but it was good.

SUPER HERO STATIC SHOCK
>>
>>77828510
it was fun, Static had a middleclass family and an attentive father so it was more "looking into the ghetto from the edge and electrocuting the mutants running lose in it" than "hangin in the ghetto with mutants".
>>
>>77828510
It was made by the kind of black guy who, rather than complaining about the industry, just went and made his own cartoon. No real BS, no nonsense, just a dude and his pal kicking ghetto mutant ass.

Basically >>77828585
>>
File: 52266156_p0.png (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
52266156_p0.png
156KB, 600x600px
>>77828510
>Was it actually good
Yes.
>>
>>77828510
The worst thing you can say about it was that it wasn't as good as the Justice League or Batman, but that's a pretty high bar to meet.
>>
>>77828510
As far as the DCAU goes, it's second to worst.

Admittedly, that's kind of unfair, as that just means that STAS, BTAS, New Adventures, Batman Beyond and Justice League/Unlimited were all superior to it, and let's not beat around the bush they really all were in every way from action to voice acting to stories, but that doesn't mean it's bad, just not up to any of those standards. And hey! At least it wasn't as bad as Zeta Project.
>>
File: Batman as a Dog Furry.png (426KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batman as a Dog Furry.png
426KB, 640x480px
Pretty good, but I remember as a kid being mad that it didn't really fit with the rest of the DCAU when it touched it.
Like I remember when Joker Gassed the Rat Jew, thinking "if this was actually BTAS I'd be spooked out of my fucking mind. This is just bullshit."
>>
>>77830815
>Zeta Project

God, Zeta Project. Shitty animation and never used its DC Universe/future setting for anything, aside from Zeta being a robot and crossing over with Batman Beyond.
>>
>>77828510
Go watch it yourself nerd
>>
>>77828510
Pretty boring as a cartoon really. Zeta Project was a way better tertiary DCAU series. Original 90s Static comics were fantastic though, best teen superhero comic since the Ditko/Romita era Spider-Man.
>>
>>77828510
Good, just not rest of the DCAU good. Well, certainly better than Zeta.

Fun fact, the DCAU also included two flash animated web series, one called Gotham Girls following Harley and Ivy, and an "ultra violent" (ie, looked like an edgy 14 year old's New Grounds cartoon) Lobo series.
>>
>>77834343
Dude, please god tell me you are trolling.
>>
>>77834352
Oh. And Vixen.
>>
>>77828510
I was disappointed Icon never made an appearance in the show because he is so based.
>>
Kind of hated it when they made Richie a hero too.

Also the gun control episode and the racism episode...hamfisted schlock, but the show had plenty of good moments to make up for it.
>>
>>77834352
>the DCAU also included two flash animated web series

Oh, I remember those! And the animation was bad. Like, REALLY bad, especially for something put out by a professional studio. There were many kids on New Grounds who, even at the time, could've done a much better job.

And it wasn't even a shovelware type thing, the shorts were actually written by Paul Dini.
>>
File: Vixen-cw-seed.jpg (77KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
Vixen-cw-seed.jpg
77KB, 600x920px
>>77834488
No, only the two I listed are in the DCAU. Vixen was actually in the CWverse, with Arrow and Flash.
>>
>>77834352
Gotham Girls is still up. Don't know about Lobo

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/gothamgirls/multi/episodes/
>>
>>77834352
>>77834527
Gotham Girls Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6XlKyfOt-8

Lobo Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsJKUmAt40Y

The animation is really bad. And Lobo, even though it's supposed to be a parody, feels like something written by a middle schooler.
>>
>>77828585

WOOP WOOP
>>
>>77834398
What, you people >>77834252 >>77830815 don't like the Zeta Project?
>>
>>77834752

Couldn't get into it.
>>
>>77834752
Felt cheap
>>
>>77834638
>DCAU Lobo
>not Brad Garrett

what is this horse shit
>>
>>77828510
If you don't think this is the tightest shit get out my face bitch nigga
>>
It was the second best Spider-man cartoon after Spectacular.

Anyone else notice how Ms. Marvel is kind of a rip-off of this?
>>
>>77834796
>>77834857
I like clones of The Fugitive, sue me. The show was mediocre and ended on a pointless cliffhanger, but it was nice seeing the less shitty side of the Batman Beyond universe. Static the cartoon never really clicked with me, felt like it came out five years later than it should have. That and being a prime-time kids cartoon meant they had to pussy out of doing the more heavy subject matters justice, so we got melodramatic bullshit like JIMMY NOOOO or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVNoybnB-Ew
>>
>>77834752
It's fucking stupid.

>>77828510
It kinda was.
Nice funny smart black kid in an urban setting with nice upstanding community focused parent(s)
Blonde white friend who might be gay or bi.
Nice safe urban adventures in the city against bad but not too bad super villians who all wore quasi urban youth inspired costumes.

It was so safe nice and BORING. Really wish they had the balls to do more fun eps like..going to alternate universes and fighting an evil version of himself, or having to take down a black mad scientist, or having an arch nemesis from another planet who seeks to take over the world, or fight other canon teen superheroes, or have an adventure in atlantis and not be able to use his powers and has to watch gear be the hero and get the girl...guy?..whatever.

ANYTHING else.
>>
>>77834570
trolled hard
>>
>>77835015
Batman TAS
Gargoyles
BB
Got away with A LOT of shit.
>>
>>77834752
People who liked a Superhero animated universe for the superheroes and not a shitty show about a robot and a girl which did nothing to flesh out the future DCAU. How crazy
>>
>>77835118
>someone corrects you after you make a minor mistake
>HAHAHA JUS A PRANK BRAH I WAS ONLY PRENDING 2 BE RETARDED LE MASTUR TROLE XDDD!!!!!1111

k.
>>
Reggie was lame as hell.
>>
>>77835268
>Reggie
You mean Richie? Yeah, he was.
>>
>>77835242
Nah, notice how my post about Vixen was me pretending to be theat guy adding an addendum to his post?
That was obviously intentional.
>>
>>77835015

The big issue with Zeta is it never felt like it was part of DCAU in a BAD way. Static Shock was relatively separated from everything else but still had some stylistic similarities and a comparable level of maturity in its storytelling.

Zeta Project just felt like any half-baked Kids WB series, it may as well have been paired with that stupid Mummy cartoon, it was entirely indistinct. The actual Zeta episodes of BB were pretty good(Zeta and Mad Stan teaming up was fantastic) but I have no idea why this was the backdoor pilot character of the series.

>The Fugitive clones

I got burned out on those as a kid. When you watch reruns of 80's/90's TV you start to realize that 75% of all network TV at those points in time were some variation of The Fugitive.
>>
Soul Power and Rubberband Man were the shit.
>>
File: static-shock-630x457.jpg (50KB, 630x457px) Image search: [Google]
static-shock-630x457.jpg
50KB, 630x457px
It's a pretty great cartoon, all the more reason for me to fucking hate Young Justice and how they fuck him. Fuck Young Justice and everything it stands for.
>>
>>77835395
I bet you write Sonic fanfic too
>>
>>77835645
>ad hominem
gg
>>
It's good, not great. Also has aged terribly.
>>
>>77834506

>Gun control episode

I don't think any cartoon besides Gargoyles has ever done a good gun control episode.
>>
>>77835588
I thought they did a pretty good job reimagining him and not copying his DCAU persona. Wish they turned that Runaways episode into an actual show and he's still a boy genious
>>
>>77828510

More toward former, but there were some of the latter as well.

Overall, I loved the show as a kid. Think it holds up decently, though it still feels a bit forced into the DCAU.
>>
>>77830611
/thread happened already
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.