[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel to Release Free Reprints of Hip-Hop Homage Comic Book Covers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: e0310c2e.jpg (189KB, 658x999px) Image search: [Google]
e0310c2e.jpg
189KB, 658x999px
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/business/media/marvel-to-release-free-reprints-of-hip-hop-homage-comic-book-covers.html

>Jay Z and the Black Panther. LL Cool J and the Punisher. Missy Elliott and the Black Widow. Vanilla Ice and Deadpool. These are some of the pairings that fans of Marvel Entertainment have been treated to since October as part of a series of comic book covers inspired by hip-hop album covers. On Jan. 6, at participating stores, Marvel will give away a 32-page comic that reprints 14 of the homage covers.

>“The hip-hop variants were a really special initiative that caught fire in the outside world,” said Axel Alonso, the editor in chief of Marvel. “We thought this was a great opportunity to highlight that and make it available to fans for free.”

>The sampler may also make it more enticing for people who are interested in the covers but would not normally visit comic stores to seek them out individually.

Looks like retailers didn't have to fuss at all about ordering a certain percentage of books in one month to get a hip-hop variant the next month. Now Marvel's just giving them all away for free!
>>
>>77824838
Poor retailers
>>
Marvel gets more and more cringeworthy as the weeks go by.
>>
>>77824872
That depends on if they sold the Hip-hop variants before this announcement.
>>
>>77824950
It's not just selling the variants, but buying the books necessary to get the variants in the first place.

There's a chart out there showing how convoluted it could be for a single issue, much less across 80% of the ANAD relaunches.
>>
Cool, means i can cut out the few i actually liked and put them on my fridge or something.

maybe if they didnt put out so much free shit their books wouldnt all be overpriced
>>
>>77825335
Why not print or something covers you like?
>>
Jesus, I can't imagine how angry retailers must be at this news.
>>
>>77824838
>The sampler may also make it more enticing for people who are interested in the covers
I am interested in the covers. I would have bought the shit out of them if they weren't insane incentive variants and thus crazy expensive and hard to find.
>>
>>77825372

No printer and I don't care *that* much
>>
>>77825335
They don't care if their books are overpriced because people will buy it anyway
>>
Dem niggas too poor to buy comics, huh?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.