[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is today's comic supposed to take place inside a nightmare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: i-JCNTmX2-1050x10000.jpg (260KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
i-JCNTmX2-1050x10000.jpg
260KB, 1050x526px
Is today's comic supposed to take place inside a nightmare? Why is everything and everyone melting? Who is that purple haired post-sexual tumblrina sleeping next to pigface? If those white squares are frames then what is happening in them and what is happening in the background? Why are things bleeding out of (into?) the frames?
>>
>>77824813
It's like Penny Arcade if it got hit by that beam from Mystery Men.
>>
File: 1202919416_6bNQD-1050x10000.jpg (183KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
1202919416_6bNQD-1050x10000.jpg
183KB, 1050x526px
>>77824813
It honestly feels like one of those timelapse things they do with artists who developed schizophrenia.
>>
>>77824813
Dividing a single image up into panels is meant to show a progression of time within a single scene, like a camera panning. It's a pretty standard technique used by comic artists.

I can't answer the rest of the questions though.
>>
File: 1446466590202.png (23KB, 155x205px) Image search: [Google]
1446466590202.png
23KB, 155x205px
>>77824813
>Vault 111 hoodie
Fuck you for reminding me that i Don't have one.
>>
He's forgetting how to draw because he has zero incentive to do it any more. The money just keeps flowing on their own.
It's hyper-stagnation.
>>
>>77825256
Actually it's the opposite. He felt that he was stagnating so he decided to try new styles, but his new styles are worse than his old one, so while he's still putting in effort in "improving" it's less actual improvement and more just a lateral slide into a shitty art style.
>>
>>77825305
Most artists would try to improve by reexamining their style choices and hitting the basics; Putting in their half hour on pixelovely a day and shit. Mike seems to have just said "I draw the same thing every day so lets sort of shake it up a bit." I'm not sure that counts as practice or improvement.

He's just sort of found a different hole to dig himself into. The difference is this one leads to hell.
>>
>>77824813
> post-sexual tumblrina

I defy you to explain what that even means
>>
>>77825826
She's literally a meme-woman.
>>
File: penny arcade.jpg (210KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
penny arcade.jpg
210KB, 1050x526px
Eh. I wouldn't mind the shift in art style really if they just did it with some other things. Stick with one style for Automata, one art style for Cardboard Tube Samurai, one style for the Lookouts and just improve it there. Experimenting is nice and all, but it just makes things feel disjointed. Was the same problem I had with Trenches.

Though I will say this. What the fuck is with the style choice to have the buck teeth OUTSIDE of the lips? It doesn't make any sense and is just kind of an ugly choice in stylization.
>>
>>77825826
I can't but I think that's the point.
>>
>>77826092
>Garvey's entire face and head changes completely between two panels
SHAPE THE FUCK UP, PIG
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.