[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>33 years old Are these new super hero live-action shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

File: arrow_and_flash[1].jpg (279KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
arrow_and_flash[1].jpg
279KB, 1080x720px
>33 years old

Are these new super hero live-action shows worth watching? I've seen half an episode of The Flash and 2 episodes of Constantine, am I just wasting my time as a comic fan (meaning they're made more for teenagers and nrrrdgrlz) or do they pick up for people that read comics?
>>
>>77824585
Most episodes with the Rogues on Flash are pure comic book goodness. At least, when the Rogues are the focus.
>>
I was in the same boat as you OP, and kept getting whisked back with false promises. Don't bother, they're just CW shit like Smallville, though now Friday Night Lights is'nt as popular, so they ape Supernatural and have brief flashes of MCU tier quippy shit that's nothing like any comic run, no characters or villains are worth you time.

>>77824616
No, they aren't.
>>
>>77824671
Thanks

Able to recommend anything that is worth watching?
>>
File: Flash of two worlds.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flash of two worlds.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>77824585
Flash is faithful to the character, has great side characters and is a pretty fun ride aside from the bits of teen drama that the CW requires to be in the show.
Arrow is absolute trash that changes writing teams every season and Oliver is nothing like the comic character. There's like 5 heroes in the new season or some shit and none of them are relatable or likeable. Also, Felicity is the worst thing to happen to the show.
>>
>>77824616
Rogues have the worst episodes in The Flash. Da fuk?
>>
>>77824585
What else are ya gonna watch? Why don't you just keep watching Flash and decide if you like it or not? It's not like there are a lot of episodes to watch. The show is only in its 2nd season.
>>
>>77825693
No they don't. What are you talking about?
>>
>>77824671
I'll disagree with you on the Rogues. Sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>77824790
I don't think that anon is right, OP. You should judge for yourself. /co/ has terrible taste. Even I do.
>>
>>77824585
>meaning they're made more for teenagers and nrrrdgrlz

Exactly that, they're poor adaptions of the characters and unless you're excited by namedrops and not-so-subtle references there's nothing to enjoy.

>>77824790
Most DC cartoons as well as Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
>>
>>77825474
I'll agree with this Anon. Arrow S1 wasnt that bad and i did enjoy it. Bit overly dramatic at points but towards the end it picked up and the Island flashbacks were worth it. S2 Arrow was fucking great. S3 Arrow was pretty much crammed full of Felicity that dragged and ruined the season, only good parts were Ray Palmer and Roy. Arrow S4 is better but isnt as great as S2 but it is interesting with magic and Meta's more common.

Flash S1 was a super fun ride and was pretty faithful to the comics for the most part. The rouges are great and it is probably better then Arrow Overall. Arrow S2 was GOAT though.

If you really wanna watch them go in order because they do cross overs and you need to kinda follow the seasons?
A S1-> S2-> AS3/ FS1-> FS2/ AS4
>>
File: Audience-Map-CW-Fall-2015.png (93KB, 912x713px) Image search: [Google]
Audience-Map-CW-Fall-2015.png
93KB, 912x713px
Reminder that if you watch Flash and Arrow, you're probably 15-17 years old.
>>
>>77824585
>Im a serious adult aficionado of graphic novels about people in spandex punching each other, stop wasting my time with your normie shit

Flash and iZombie are the two most comfy shows based on comicbooks, your autism is showing strong if you cant find those shows enjoying
>>
>>77826241
>Flash S1
>pretty faithful to the comics for the most part

But it's not.
>>
>>77826277
Reminder that you're insecure.
>>
>>77826297
>spotted the 15-17 year old
>>
>>77826279
>comfy
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>77826277
>comics intended for teens are read by 40 y/o
>shows intended for those 40 y/o are watched by teens

poetry
>>
>>77826355
But comics aren't intended for teens and the shows aren't intended for comic readers, quit being retarded.
>>
>>77824585

Honestly don't know anyone that reads comics and doesn't watch all the cape shows and movies. If you like superheroes just watch superhero stuff it's not really rocket science. Just watch the shows and form your own opinions like an adult.
>>
>>77826327
I didn't say anything insulting, sir. We are all of us insecure on some level or another. You're just insecure about age groups.
>>
>>77826382
You don't know any non-cape comic fans?
>>
>>77826419
How's high school going, kid?
>>
>>77826100
You're thinking of Captain Cold. His episodes are great. But Rouge episodes are garbage.

But really the only unwatchable episode is the Bee one.
>>
File: mr smug mind.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mr smug mind.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>77826277
I'm 21.

where does that leave me?
>>
>>77826527
I'm 20 and currently failing at college. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>77826584
Congratulations, you're the 6.5% or 3.9%, depending on your gender.
>>
>>77826648
Why are you failing, champ?
>>
>>77826558
Every Rogue episode has Captain Cold in them. I'm talking about the episodes that literally have "rogue" in the title. The Trickster and Weather Wizard one weren't shabby either.
>>
>>77826702
I'm not motivated.
>>
>>77826277
So literally the same age group that watches almost all superhero live action media?
>>
>>77826502

Every person I know that reads comics and one point or another started with cape books. Even the most pretentious comic fans I hang out with are caught up on Flash, Jessica Jones etc. Just watch them if you want instead of asking 4chan for approval.
>>
>>77826277
And comic books have traditionally been for kids. What are you trying to say here? That the target demographic for comics also likes shows based on comics? Fucking weird I know right?
>>
>>77826726
You seem motivated enough to be a faggot on 4chan. Maybe you should redirect that energy into your studies.
>>
>>77824585
If anything Flash gets too comic-booky at times. I've seen a lot of complaining about all the crazy SCIENCE! stuff.
>>
>>77827040
>posting on 4chan
>requiring effort
>>
>>77827040
Probably. Thanks for the motivation, kind anon.
>>
>>77824585
Constantine is worth watching all the way through, but prepare to be very angry that there will not be a season 2.

Recommend Sense8 on Netflix.
>>
>>77826277
>that huge amount of male viewers compared to female viewers
>Arrow writers only listening to female fan suggestions
What the fuck
>>
Dunno, watched some flash s1 episodes, many of them were laughable, especially the earlier ones... But fuck, I love me some reverse flash. Dunno why, but this motherfucker always seemed very fucked up and menacing to me amongst capeshit villains.
>>
>32 years old

Had never seen a CW show, love Mad Men, Sopranos, the Wire, etc

The Flash is very good. As good as Daredevil but very much its opposite. Very comic-booky, fun, melodramatic. Cavanagh and Martin give terrific performances. Top tier cape antagonist, and a really engaging, season spanning plot.

iZombie's good too. Never saw Arrow.
>>
Were is captain boomerang, flash?! I saw a boomerang, but no captain.
>>
>>77831011
The Flash is a cw show though

>>77831091
He was in the Arrow part of last year's crossover and only barely although the plot was about him
>>
>>77831132
>tfw no cap boomerang
Atleast zoom is there, and hopefully, grodd will be there.
>>
>>77824585
No. The teen drama is unbearable.
>>
>>77831227
Learn to tune out during those parts, that got me through YJ.

Relationshit is shit but family parts are great, black dad is best dad.
>>
>>77825693
>Mark Hamill Trickster
>Worst

Shit taste confirmed.
>>
I've been re-watching the CWverse with the new seasons coming out right now. The relationship drama is really annoying, but once you get used to it you see the show underneath and enjoy it.

Anon, the shows are worth the watch, the only truly bad thing so far has been Arrow season 3, which wasn't entirely crap as it had some good episodes mixed in.

Flash is fun, and very much feels like a comic book. and Cold is so fucking based

Arrow is Entertaining and much more serious than Flash. Oliver may not look like the retarded overgrown leprechaun he does in the comics, but anon it makes him running around shooting arrows into people something you can take seriously.

Constantine is really good and worth a watch, but I guess normies wrote it off as a supernatural clone (yes, I see the irony here) and it didn't get much love.
>>
Flash and Arrow are terrible.
>>
>>77831834
>2015
>still thinking Mark Hamill isn't a shit-tier actor
>>
>>77831182

The second appearance of Grodd was literally the previous episode that aired
>>
You know what's REALLY weird?

Comics like the flash, superman, whatever, have this relationship stuff engraved into it as part of the mystery. "Will she figure it out? Will he tell her? will they reconcile?" and yet when a show makes this "like the comic" people groan.

50% of the Wally West run was about Wally and his relationships with Professor McGee, Linda, the blond chick who got with the black hole fat black guy, whatever. It's PART OF THE FLASH

Sure current Iris was written like a cunt, but she's gotten better and we've gotten Linda and Patty out of it. It's part of what you take when you watch a show like the flash.

And despite the one part of the show that's a staple of being a CW show not being great all the time, the Flash more than makes up for it with every other relationship it portrays.

Flash is the capeshit show we deserve, but you fags can't see that beyond "muh teen drama" despite that it's been a staple of the genre for decades.
>>
File: Barry landed a date.jpg (46KB, 620x292px) Image search: [Google]
Barry landed a date.jpg
46KB, 620x292px
>>77836424
Exactly! Those old Silver Age Flash stories sometimes read like a CW show!
>>
File: Barry landed on his head.jpg (82KB, 620x566px) Image search: [Google]
Barry landed on his head.jpg
82KB, 620x566px
>>77837359
See? Just like a CW show!
>>
Flash is better written than Arrow.
>>
>>77824790
The Flash :^)
>>
>>77836424
/co/ doesn't read comics but they pretend like they do.

See >>77824671
>>
>>77824585

Flash is a fan's wet dream for the most part. They do a good job.

Arrow is kind of trying to hard to be The Dark Knight:The Show but they're shying away from that and letting Green Arrow be Green Arrow finally.
>>
>>77831227
There isn't really as much as people say.
>>
>>77825474

>the bits of teen drama that the CW requires to be in the show.

CW probably has some fat woman on the writing staff who's sole job is to fuck everything up with teen drama. That's her job title. Teen Drama Consultant.
>>
>>77837568
>CW probably has some fat woman on the writing staff who's sole job is to fuck everything up with teen drama. That's her job title. Teen Drama Consultant.

Yeah, and it works. There's a reason CW's still in buisness.
>>
>>77824585
I tried to watch The Flash and enjoy it, and it seemed cringy as fuck. Believe me, I'm no tumblrina, but the writers absolutely have no idea what their doing with any of the female characters. If you see a female character in the shot, fast forward. When you have lines like, "Don't go, my heart aches for you," and constant Big Bang Theory tier "le ebin nerd science XDD" you walk away with a bad taste in your mouth.
I stopped after a few episodes. Captain Cold was so bad my face puckered. However, you can disregard my probably shit opinion becauseI don't really read comics and watched Daredevil right before The Flash, which I thought was a lot better (though it did have its clunky moments).
>>
I had my doubts with the rather cringeworthy Flash premiere, but I kept going and was well-rewarded for it. At least watch half of season 1 of The Flash, if you don't find yourself having fun then you can at least say you tried and didn't just take some 4chan virgin's word for it.
>>
>>77837675
Dang! Captain Cold is one of the best parts of the Flash in my opinion.
>>
>>77837808
The character has all the parts there to be good, but it's like they put them together in the wrong order. I think it's the way the actor is handling it. It's so close, and so, so far.
>>
Flash is damn good if you fast forward through all the relationship bull crap. Seriously, when will Hollywood learn? As for arrow, it bores me, bores me alot. When happening is going on shit is awesome, but unfortunately all these superhero shows follow the same formula of 80s and 90s action shows, 40 minutes of boring ass drama and exposition, 5 minutes of action.
>>
>>77831011
>love Mad Men
Why?
Sopranos and The Wire are good, but Mad Men is awful. I blame the amount of women in the writing roster.
>>
>>77836424
I read Geoff Johns' run and to say it has anywhere near the amount of relationshit as a CW show is a straight fallacy
>>
>>77837842
I think the actor nails it! You can tell from the first time Cold appears that he's getting bored of the old fashioned theiving game. He's the best in the buissness and always ahead of the cops! Then the Flash shows up and the fact that the whole world has powers all of a sudden. Snart couldn't be more overjoyed. Now the game feels fresh again. He has a nemesis, a new kind of crew and loved his new persona. He really enjoys being a supervillian, and for me it's infectious to watch.
>>
>>77824585
My dad really likes the Flash.
He also really likes iCarly so I couldn't tell ya.
>>77826277
I guess this makes sense based on my dad.
>>
I think Mike is spot-on with is impression of the Flash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3FQWzFakfg
>>
>>77826277
>all those old couples watching shows together
>>
fucking just finished season 2 of the arrow

>ARE YOU OKAY
>ARE YOU ALRIGHT
>ARE YOU FEELING ALRIGHT
>HOW ARE YOU? YOU DOIN OKAY?
>ARE YOU ALRIGHT
>HEY, HOW YOU HOLDING UP
>HOW ARE YOU DOING?
>ARE YOU ALRIGHT
>ARE YOU ALRIGHT
>ARE YOU ALRIGHT
>>
>>77824585
Flash/Arrow are enjoyable watches if you liked Smallville.

Otherwise I would stay clear of them like pretty much everything else on tv.
>>
>>77837972
I wish we had a superhero show that's more Miam Vice, where relationshit is at least replaced with fun character interactions.
>>
File: Rain_Fight1_0.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rain_Fight1_0.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>77838468
I want a superhero show like Into the Badlands where it's more about the plot than people's feelings
>>
>>77838491

... This is a show? How come I'm not watching this shit, it looks awesome.
>>
>>77838598
Started 3 weeks ago
>>
>>77838491
Wait what the fuck is this?
>>
>>77829858
Most of the male watchers are obviously gay, duh.
>>
>>77838272
Watching season 3 of Arrow

>Why did you keep this a secret from me?!
>Please don't tell x about y
>How dare you not tell me about y
>Tell x the truth
>I can't
>I should have told the truth

Over and over again.
>>
File: Sunny1_0.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sunny1_0.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>77838633
Into the Badlands
>>
>>77838690

Is this Kung Fu Fall Out? I'm down.
>>
>>77836424
>we've gotten Linda and Patty out of it

That's meant to be a good thing? Flash is a piece of shit.

Jay was a mistake or at least giving him spotlight, Jay/Caitlin was terrible and went nowhere, how she got over Ronnie was poorly handled (blowing up at black guy, and then her issues getting resolved with a chit-chat with Barry explaining why she did so), Cicso's dilemma with his powers was nonsensical and resolved even stupider than his motivation for hiding his power, Earth 2 Wells is just there and does that whispery ACTING shit too much and I can't take him seriously, and so on. Even things like Caitlin expressing sadness about Grood, despite doing him good, and Ciso reassuring her is shoddy as fuck. The stilted dialogue and the shitty acting is present in every scene.
>>
>>77837473
Right on the money! I don't think that anon has even read a Rogues comic.
>>
>>77838491
>>77838690
The fuck?

Is this like if The Raid was made into a Drama series?
>>
File: a_610x408.jpg (17KB, 610x408px) Image search: [Google]
a_610x408.jpg
17KB, 610x408px
>>77826277

>Pointing out a TV show is intended for 15-17 year olds
>On a board that has collectively lost its shit multiple times due to cartoons and comic books meant for far FAR younger audiences
>>
File: 1398317818060.png (664KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1398317818060.png
664KB, 1280x720px
>>77826378
>But comics aren't intended for teens
>>
>muh teen feelings in mid twenties
Oh, just get on with zoom, grodd and cold, flash.
>>
>>77826277
>more 40-44 year olds watch flash than 21-24 year olds
What is up with that?
>>
>>77841542
They're probably oldfags who read Waid's run back in the day and watch the show because he likes it.
>>
Tfw I wish Tom Welling would made a cameo in the Flash.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.