[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't DC/Marvel do anything like this anymore? Get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Hitman_21_-_Cover.jpg (51KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Hitman_21_-_Cover.jpg
51KB, 300x464px
Why doesn't DC/Marvel do anything like this anymore? Get a rising writer to do a series about a character with no ties to any previous stories and build something like a creator owned title inside an established universe?
>>
There's Kamala, her writer clearly never read a Captain Marvel comic, so it counts.
>>
>>77822305

No Kamala doesn't count. She's Ms. Marvel, which is an established property.

Starman would be a more accurate thing, as nobody gave a fuck about Starman before Robinson came along.
>>
>>77822252
>Get a rising writer to do a series about a character with no ties to any previous stories and build something like a creator owned title inside an established universe?
>like a creator owned title
>like
There you go.

Creators today prefer to create creator-owned titles, rather than create "like" creator-owned titles.

That's why Marvel and DC are the wrong places to look if you want to find new characters.
>>
>>77822252
Hawkguy had no relation to the actual Hawkeye character, there you go.
>>
>>77822447

You make a valid and excellent point, but one would think that there are some things that just wouldn't work as creator owned titles. I understand creators wanting not to, but it would be nice to have something slip through once in a while.

The closest I've seen in the last few years is Xmen Legacy, which was wonderful but doesn't really count.
>>
File: 1438312256564.jpg (42KB, 290x382px) Image search: [Google]
1438312256564.jpg
42KB, 290x382px
I still miss him, you guys.
>>
>>77822252
Because nobody would buy it?

You have to be a big name already or push the new character ala The View for it to not sell like complete shit. And DC and Marvel would rather have rising stars and big names on their more well known properties. And big name writers now prefer new ideas and characters to be written over at Image so they have more control.
>>
because if they do it at image and it takes off they'll earn a lot more than at dc / marvel
>>
File: #45.png (132KB, 432x314px) Image search: [Google]
#45.png
132KB, 432x314px
>>77822739
I miss him too, but i'm honestly glad he and his supporting cast are gone. It's better to have them go out with grace and dignity before getting dragged through the mud, and i'm glad that the people at DC seem to understand that.
>>
>>77822928
All-Star Section 8 isn't too bad. And worth it for gangster-rapping Phantom Stranger and Etrigan.
>>
File: 1446442201727.jpg (110KB, 552x364px) Image search: [Google]
1446442201727.jpg
110KB, 552x364px
>>77823002
I can't believe I'm so brain dead retarded i forgot about that. Excuse me while i go kill myself.
>>
>>77822347
Hey there the "new" (I mean from the late 80's/early 90's) Chuck Dixon/Tom Lyle (?) "superhero" Starman was a fun little cape comic and had pretty good sales (this was directly after DC's Invasion event, or whatever it was called.), needs reprinting. Any relation to the James Robinson creation with the goggles in any way, at all? I'd stopped reading capes when that came out, basically.
>>77822739
I met John McCrea recently, solid guy. I had him sign my Judge Dredd Megazine volume 1 as my Hitman collections (you know the first ones on shitty newsprint?) had been sold years ago. It was a good, solid, silly (in a good way) title.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.