[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or is lesbianism the "plan b" of any bad show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 67

File: adorible.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adorible.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Is it me or is lesbianism the "plan b" of any bad show that needs a boost?

>Hey guys you know how Punchy O'Hulahan the eskimo keeps ruining Asami's already damaged life? Lets make them dykes together! Surely our kickstarters will boom!
>>
>>77821474
Season 3 and 4 were building a relationship between them. Not a romantic one, but they were in no way enemies.
>>
Name any show other than Korra
>>
No, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>77821507
Adventure time
>>
>>77821507
Stephen Universe
>>
>>77821543
That was incredibly telegraphed from the beginning though, there's no twist there.
>>
>>77821474

Lesbians have become a tool for writers that knows that their show is going down the toilet. People (specially millennials) will not notice the huge flaws in their stories if they focus on the homosexual pairing and being "progressive".
>>
File: 1408732495456.jpg (34KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1408732495456.jpg
34KB, 333x250px
>>77821780
Like how Korra was a horrible avatar?
>>
>>77821507
Jackie Chan Adventures
>>
>>77821474
>lesbianism
>lesbian
>ism
My autism is rustled.
>>
>>77821844

Korra was horrible in almost every single department:

She did a HORRIBLE job as an avatar (i really pity the next avatar that will need to fix the world due to all her stupid decisions).

She was an a abusive girlfriend to Mako and probably will be to Asami.

She was a backstabbing pile of garbage and it took her 3 seasons to realize that maybe she needs to be a better person.

And let's not talk about that immensely idiotic choice of letting a bunch of human hating, lazy bastards and overall haters of any sort of advanced civilization, spirits into the physical world.

Sometimes i believe that universe needs something similar to the Templars of Dragon Age.
>>
>>77821966
It's even worse for the next Avatar because Korra is going to be the only previous Avatar that they can draw experience from when they enter the Avatar State.
>>
>>77822012

>The Next Avatar hates the world that Korra left.
>Korra want's to give him advice but he just refuses to hear her.
>He is trying to find a way to reconnect with his past lives.
>Korra cries in a corner.
>>
Let it go you faggot. For all the hate you give sjw tumblrinas about arguments staring you sure like to hold on to one thing
>>
>>77821474
The writers should have stayed the course and go with Korra/Mako as they initially planned when they only had one season to work with. Plus, it shuts up the Zutara fangirls who wanted their brooding firebender to go out with the outgoing watergirl.
>>
Lesbians are the safe gay, the writers would have never had 2 guys together, especially not main characters
>>
Not necessarily lesbianism, but general "social awareness"/progressiveness instead. And even then it's a fairly recent paradigm.

You can already see them building up the "You just hate it because you're sexist" defense for the new Ghostbusters.
>>
It's been a year already. Let it go.
>>
>>77822115
>the writers would have never had 2 guys together,
That bothers me a lot
Two dudes going at it is a beautiful thing of bonding. Dykes are mosnters.
>>
>>77822061
>Whenever I'm about to do something I think, "would Korra do this?" and if the answer to that is yes, I do not do that thing.
>>
>>77821474
>show needs boost
>add lesbians during the very last 2 minutes of the last episode of the last season

Yeah, that's exactly why they did it. Seems logical.
>>
>>77822072
lol here's a paper bag.
>>
>>77821474

Yes.
lesbianism saved Korra of fall in oblivion.
>>
>>77822165
Lesbians have a higher rate of domestic abuse than gay and straight couples, its incredibly irresponsible of them to glorify it and encourage it like they do.

BolinxDesna best ship
>>
>>77822166
You gotta hit someone eventually, That was Angs problem. Except he wasn't insufferable.

>>77822162
How about the fact that you can't top Bill Murry and Dan Aykroyd, and no one likes re-releases
>>
>>77822061
His past lives would tell him he's being an obnoxious cunt. Especially Aang, considering Korra did so much good for the air nation.
>>
>>77822249
>Korra did so much good for the air nation

On accident, really. There was no way she could have known that would happen, and if she is responsible for that then she is by extension responsible for the death of the earth queen and the rise of Kuvira
>>
>>77822165
nah, faggots are absolutely disgusting. Literally the only form of acceptable gay is cute 2D lesbians.
>>
>>77822249

>Yeah, soooo much good for the air nation! Just last week a spirit possessed a guy and made him a tree monstrosity that can't move at all. He gone mad and you can tell he is desperate. Yeah, but it's OK, because it helped YOUR nation. Maybe, i am being obnoxious, but i recognize a selfish prick when i see one.
>>
>>77822291
Right, and Aang is responsible for the millions of people who died during the fire nation invasion when he was stuck inside an iceberg.
>>
>>77822220
>You gotta hit someone eventually

The problem isn't hitting someone, the problem is that Korra was a huge moron.
>>
>>77821494
>but they were in no way enemies
which is kinda dumb considering how they hated each other in S01/S02. You would never be friends with someone that stole your boyfriend twice. Magically, they are in S03.
>>
>>77822363

Yes, he was. But at least he managed to stop the war. Korra ALWAYS started them.
>>
>>77821474

I think there are definitely a lot of creators who take a progressive stance on race, gender, and sexuality (aka SOSHIUL JUST ISSS) to bring in more viewers. They almost always put a scene in where a character verbally mentions it, like WOW THOR YOU CAN DO ANYTHING THAT MAN-THOR CAN DO. It's pretty obnoxious.

But I feel kind of like, there are so many problems with the entertainment industry and the world at large, is shoddy political-fanservice that big of an issue? I don't really ship it either, but an implied relationship at the end of a cartoon show doesn't really have me seeing red.
>>
>>77822382
They both realized the guy they were after was a shmuck. The audience realized that long before either of them.
>>
>>77822382

SHIT WRITING
>>
>>77821966
>it took her 3 seasons to realize that maybe she needs to be a better person
she didn't realize that at all. The only thing she realized in S04 is that she needed to learn how to punch again.
>>
>>77822363
Not really, Aang would have been killed had he stayed. The genocide was going to happen regardless of his actions
>>
>>77822249
>considering Korra did so much good for the air nation
no one cares about punching air. People care about stability; living peacefully. Korra fucked that up by bringing spirits and setting Zaheer free to cause S04.
>>
>>77822363
>>77822390
>Aang is responsible for the millions of people who died during the fire nation invasion when he was stuck inside an iceberg
he didn't cause the fire nation invasion. Korra caused Kuvira. Your logic is flawed.
>>
>>77822341
Sorry mate, but your neckbeard-self insert avatar does sound like a little bitch. Korra, Yangchen and Kyoshi would hate him because he's a pussy pacificst faggot. Aang would hate him for giving Korra shit because she restored the air nation. Roku would hate him because he keeps blaming other people instead of trying to fix shit himself.
>>
>>77822409
Korra was the one that kissed Mako, as far as i know. Two times.
>>
File: 1384824975690.png (425KB, 500x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1384824975690.png
425KB, 500x1135px
>>77822114
>The writers should have stayed the course and go with Korra/Mako

Do you forget how awful their romance was?
>>
>>77822469
He didn't cause the invasion, but he ran away from his duty and as a result there was no avatar for 100 years to stop the fire nation. That was his fault. Roku however DID cause the invasion.

Korra caused Kuvira and stopped her in the span of 3 years, with the death count being infinitely lower than that of the fire nation during Aang's 100 year sleep.
>>
>>77822496
>Mako from Mass Effect
>Meh tier

I will fight you
>>
>>77822474
>Aang would hate him for giving Korra shit because she restored the air nation
you're forgetting Aang is reasonable and knows that giving people airbending back (which is very different than "restoring the air nation" when we think about air nomads) doesn't help considering all the shit Korra did. She literally liberated Satan in Republic city. She allowed spirits to fuck shit up. She caused S04. Aang knows that.
>>
File: 298532390423.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
298532390423.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>77822496
>VA Mako under shitty too perfect to die KLK Mako

No fuck you
>>
>>77822474

My self insert is amazing and my fanfic is great. You pussy whipped liberal.
>>
>>77822518
>He ran away from his inevitable death and came back to fix literally everything

>Korra could only stop Kuvira after she had already been defeated, and whenever Korra "fixes" something it bites her in the ass
>>
>>77822496
>Shark tier beneath Meh tier
List invalidated.
>>
>>77822518
>He didn't cause the invasion
if he didn't cause the invasion there is no proportion here. He didn't fuck up anything. You're trying to say that "taking too long to fix shit someone else caused" is worst/the same as "creating shit and not fixing it at all". Again, if Aang had stayed, he would just die anyway or be captured. Leaving was necessary.

>That was his fault
things he didn't cause cannot be "his fault".

>Roku however DID cause the invasion
he didn't. Again, not stopping it is different from causing it.

>Korra caused Kuvira and stopped her in the span of 3 years
after Kuvira fucked up (or fixed?) the earth nation and RC. It's like when she "saved" RC after she liberated Vaatu.
>>
It's definitely used as a defense more in the Video Game industry, Bioware for example.

People though hype up any mention of it though to feel progressive, intellectual, whatever. It was true from the very beginning Bryke had no clue on how to write a female. Korra was all over the place in terms of character development. So as a now typical fall back they way they sought to absolve themselves from the people who art this shit up anyway was to pull the gay card.

Though back to what i said about the people hyping it in to oblivion being the real problem look at How to Train Your Dragon 2. Craig Ferguson adlibbed a line and it is now heralded as a peak moment in us progressing as a species.

What people can't accept is that once something is accepted they can no longer gain the admiration or rather attention they once had due to their own insecurities and have to move on to something else.

Basically making characters gay is not the issue, it's the rabid attention seeking masses that is.
>>
>>77822575
Man, Aang apologists are unbelievably pathetic.

The kid ran away from his duty as Avatar. The world suffered directly as a result of his cowardice. He didn't have to fight the fucking Firenation head on, but he could surely have stuck around, searched for bending masters, gotten more powerful, found allies and then defeated the firelord. You know... exactly what he did after he woke up.
>>
>>77822669
>he didn't. Again, not stopping it is different from causing it.

Roku himself says he caused it and that he's sorry that Aang had to clean up his mess, you fucking moron.
>>
>>77822706
He couldn't really prepare for something he had no idea was coming. He ran away for reason unrelated to the firenation invasion.
>>
>>77822731
Roku didn't invade anyone, Sozin did. Roku didn't encourage Sozin to do it either. So no, roku didn't cause the 100 year war, Sozin did.
>>
Everybody loves hot lesbians. They're the most widely accepted LGBTQYWXZ+++ group out there.
>>
>>77822575
>and whenever Korra "fixes" something it bites her in the ass

That's because LoK is a better written, more mature story. ATLA is a children cartoon, so naturally the hero always wins and always gets the easy way out without having to make sacrifices. It's always mindblowing to me how many ATLA fanboys actually consider bad, childish writing a virtue. Yes, Aang didn't suffer nearly as much as Korra, he never had to deal with consequences of his actions, everything always worked out perfectly for him. That is NOT good story telling.
>>
>>77821507
The Last Airbender
>>
>>77822488
I always did think that Korra injected some mindcontrol poison in him when she did that. Mako, tool or not, seemed to genuinely like Asami until suddenly he got overprotective of Korra because reasons.
>>
File: g8est b8est m8est.gif (529KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
g8est b8est m8est.gif
529KB, 625x626px
>>77822802
>That's because LoK is a better written, more mature story
You tried
>>
>>77822776
Korra didn't invade anyone, Kuvira did. Korra didn't encourage Kuvira to do it either. So no, Korra didn't cause the EK civil war and destruction of RC, Kuvira did.
>>
STOP SAYING THIS WAS SOME BACK-UP PLAN OR SOME GRAND CONSPIRACY BY BRYKE

ITS WAY MORE LIKELY THAT IT WAS THE MAIN PLAN BUT SIMPLY SHIT. BRYKE ARE NOT SOME SORT OF CONNIVING GENIUSES WHO ARE OUT TO COLONIZE TUMBLR.
>>
>>77822115
Wu and Mako were the closest thing to gay in Korra. Which is a shame because they had a fun odd couple dynamic and Wu could have had a real great story arc and instead they just kinda glossed over it.
>>
>>77822823
But Kuvira would not be able to do it if not for Korras actions.

Roku had nothing to do with Sozin and Sozins plans. Korra is directly involved in Kuviras rise to power and the following suffering it caused. Roku even actively made sure Sozin couldn't do anything until he died. Korra did nothing to help the EK after the queen died.
>>
>>77822843
George Bush did the Korsami
>>
>>77822843
They knew who their fans were and made sure to use them to cover their mishandling of the series
>>
>>77821507
Family Feud
>>
>>77821507
King of Queens
Oswald
Reading Rainbow
Rick and Morty
>>
>>77822881
Haha holy shit you are a hypocritical moron. Roku had every bit as much to do with creating Sozin as Korra had in creating Kuvira. Even more actually because Sozin and Roku were close friends whereis Korra didn't even know Kuvira.

Also how on earth was Korra directly involved in Kuvira's rise to power? Kuvira made use of the aftermath of Zaheer's revolution and the fact that Korra was crippled in their fight and disappeared for a year. Yet again, When Aang disappears for 100 years because he ran away like a coward, it's totally not his fault, but when Korra disappears for 1 year, to recover from damage she suffered in battle, everything that happened during that time is totally her fault.
>>
>>77822843
This is what I assume. They slipped the 'buy-curious' line in the first episode as a joke of what they were thinking. Then they realized between season 2 and 3 that the execs would allow lesbians they toned it down to a sort of ambiguous hand-hold. But they are shitty writers so it seemed out of nowhere.

I will say that it was refreshing to see friends end up together instead of trying to push arguments as chemistry.
>>
>>77822993
Roku had no impact on Sozins thoughts and secrets, he could not have stopped Sozin from becoming an imperialist.

Korra brought back airbending and that gave Zaheer the ability to live out his plans. She could have followed the advice of people who were trying to help her but she didn't. And ofcourse she failed to deal with Zaheer properly, again because of her own actions. That left a power vacuum in the EK which allowed Kuvira to take over.
Then after she had recovered somewhat, Korra leaves the world behind to look for Raava, somehow not noticing Kuviras reign over EK despite living there for up to 6 months. Then when she has recovered Korra still doesn't want to deal with the overarching problem even when she can and tries instead to do nothing right up until the point where she can't run anymore. And then Kuvira gives up.

Aang on the other hand, ran away because he felt the burden of responsibility, not because he was afraid of the firenation. He couldn't have known they would attack and couldn't have done anything even if he did. And what does he do as soon as he wakes up? He begins to prepare to fix a mistake he didn't make.
>>
>>77822881
Not that guy, I don't even like LoK but this is some serious double standards.
>>
>>77823138
How? Roku did stop Sozin as well as he could.

What did Korra do to stop Kuvira?
>>
>>77823159
>Roku did stop Sozin as well as he could
Bullshit. Roku knew about Sozin's plans for decades, there were already Fire Nation colonies in the Earth Kingdom yet he completely failed to do anything about them.
>>
>>77823190
He crushed the firenation palace and Sozin didn't do anything for the rest of Rokus life. Sozin also specificly did it behind Rokus back.
>>
>>77822731
>Roku himself says he caused it
believing he did is different from doing it. According to his story, he didn't do anything.

>>77822823
>Korra didn't invade anyone, Kuvira did
Korra is the reason Kuvira was in power in the first place, while the FN would invade the other countries regardless of Roku's actions.
>>
I'm just gonna say it.

Kyoshi was a shit Avatar.
>>
>>77823232
She created the Dai li, and didn't do shit for the EK until her island was invaded, but that's it.
>>
>>77823232
The only good Avatar was Wan.

Everything since then has been a series of fuck ups by his reincarnations.

I don't know how Raava puts up with this shit.
>>
>>77823228
He didn't remove the colonies and he let Sozin remain in power, it was a slap on the wrist which had no real effect on the Fire Nation's ambitions.
>>
>>77823275
>The only good Avatar was Wan.
he liberated Vaatu. He is probably worst than Korra.
>>
>>77823269
>that's it.
Those are both awful as fuck things though.

>>77823275
I'd argue Yanghen and Aang were good Avatars.
>>
File: 1771858366280.gif (158KB, 350x258px) Image search: [Google]
1771858366280.gif
158KB, 350x258px
>>77822012
>the only avatar you can access the wisdom and skills of is the one and only avatar who sucked so bad at her job that she broke the cycle

What a horrible legacy to inherit. The Avatar State may as well not even exist anymore, because who wants to have that incompetent cunt in their brain?
>>
>>77823292
I never said he was perfect.

Just that he was the best.
>>
>>77823284
He was unable to kill his old friend, but he did actively stop the firenation expansion into EK territory until his death. To say he caused Sozin to become imperalistic is wrong, and to say he didn't stop them is also wrong.

He could have ended Sozin for good, but it would most likely not have solved the issue anyway.
>>
>>77823284
Not him, but let me put it that way:

Take Roku out of the story. FN still fuck shit up. Now take Korra out of the story. S02, S03 and S04 cannot happen without her.
>>
>>77823320
No. The best one was the fat air nomad avatar that we know nothing about.
>>
>>77822220
>How about the fact that you can't top Bill Murry and Dan Aykroyd, and no one likes re-releases
Nope. Sexist.
It's that easy. Accuse your opponent of bigotry or stupidity and ignore all arguments to the contrary. That's how it works now.
>>
>>77823314
>Those are both awful as fuck things though.
well, but she is hot.
>>
>>77823331
I wouldn't say that he caused Sozin's imperialism but he certainly didn't stop it. He was a bad Avatar because he was far too forgiving and loyal to Sozin.

>>77823337
Yeah, he didn't cause the problem but he's probably just as responsible through his incompetence. Replace him with an Avatar good at his job and the FN no longer fuck shit up.
>>
>>77823444
He was too forgiving sure, but he did stop the invasion for as long as he lived. If not for the volcano he would most likely (based on other avatar ages) have outlived Sozin. Roku also shouldn't be blamed for causing Sozin as i usually the case because Sozin caused himself. At worst Roku could have done more.
>>
>>77823444
>Replace him with an Avatar good at his job and the FN no longer fuck shit up
i think you're overestimating what an avatar can do. It's not like he will defeat the entire FN army. Even Aang was only able to stop Ozai because he decided to 1x1 Aang. Perhaps through diplomacy Roku could stop the FN, but this just means anyone could do that, and not only the avatar. I'd say the avatar's job is more spirit-based, and that's why most of them just react to politics instead of interfere in them.
>>
>>77823384
So's Korra.
>>
File: Laughing man.png (162KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing man.png
162KB, 512x382px
>>77823570
>likes eskimo trash
>>
>>77821494
A friendship would have been nice after all the backstabbing Korra did to her.

It's not that they're just gay for each other. Suddenly they're each others soul mate. Did Asami get brain damage when her dad ejected her out that retarded bird robot?
>>
>>77823726
We have PC principal mods? well, we are in 2015 then.
>>
File: toast to you.jpg (42KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
toast to you.jpg
42KB, 600x300px
>>77821474
>Is it me or is lesbianism the "plan b" of any bad show that needs a boost?
you're late, even marvel is doing it.
no hard feelings it's just business
>>
>>77823726
The shit with Garnet's fusion was genuinely foreshadowed with the number of Gems on the door. Even if you don't like show's like SU or Clarence, they both handled gay relationships a thousand times better than LoK did.
>>
>>77823868
Marvel is stooping to islam
They made me love DC already.

Fuck I miss the old Cohnan comics they did
>>
>>77821507
Transformers
Thundercats
Kung Fu Panda
Inside Out
Turbo
All Hail King Julian
Dragons Race to the Edge
Rick and Morty
Rocko's Modern Life
Adventure Time
Stephen Universe
>>
>>77822979
>read the first letter of each
>>
>>77823023
>They slipped the 'buy-curious' line in the first episode as a joke of what they were thinking

That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nl5zszZVgH1qgz2eg.jpg (106KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nl5zszZVgH1qgz2eg.jpg
106KB, 500x281px
>>77823902
It was literally foreshadowed in the first frame of the pilot
>>
>/co/ jerks off to paired up characters for three seasons straight
>freaks out when the tribbing they've been imagining gets confirmed as canon

make up your damn minds
>>
>>77824169
Then maybe they decided to make it canon from the joke. It happens sometimes, you go back in writing and get inspired by thow-away lines that you put in.

Either way, my point was that the build up to Korra and Asami ending up as a couple was written really poorly and the handholding was an ambigious copout. I don't think anyone is gonna disagree with that too much.
>>
>>77822162

>You can already see them building up the "You just hate it because you're sexist" defense for the new Ghostbusters.

But a lot of people hated it purely because of the fact the ghostbusters were women. Like, they didn't say they were opposed to a reboot...they just didn't want women. That's pretty sexist.

Personally I'm disappointed they didn't use IDW's cast. The secretary, the goth, and the FBI agent are all chicks, and the con-man could be the audience's Bill Murray stand-in.
>>
File: 461px-Rndr_Captain_Mako_02.png (187KB, 461x599px) Image search: [Google]
461px-Rndr_Captain_Mako_02.png
187KB, 461x599px
>>77822496
Got another one for that list.

In case you never played it, it's Captain Mako from City of Villains.
>>
File: makomakomako.png (420KB, 500x803px) Image search: [Google]
makomakomako.png
420KB, 500x803px
>>77822496
>>
>>77824254
Not him but she never says she is "buy-curious" thats a shipper fandom joke.

And i don't believe Korrasami was planned, reason being we have seen how they handle planned ships (Makorra for one) so they don't even write ships like they did Korrasami, which is to say so poorly they basicly don't exist.
>>
>>77822702
>once something is accepted

But gayness is by no means accepted, it's so risky to put homosexuality in a "family-friendly" show that Bryke couldn't even have Korra and Asami kiss at the end of the show and if they'd dared to imply a relationship as hard as they did between two dudes there'd be fucking blood in the streets.

You don't get the shit beaten out of you for being gay now--at least, not as often--but gays are still kind of invisible/not talked about before you reach a certain age. Given that boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives are all portrayed in media from an early age, it makes sense you'd eventually have gay relationships shown in the same manner throughout media, and we're really just starting to do that. So it's still a big deal when one of the Captain Underpants kids turns out to be gay.
>>
>>77823947
it'll spread further
>>
File: 1447135502508.png (54KB, 226x220px) Image search: [Google]
1447135502508.png
54KB, 226x220px
I'm not one of those people who scream about SJW winning every time there's a gay/lesbian couple in something, I really don't care either way, love is love and I enjoy seeing it in all forms. However, in Korra it really did feel forced and weird. Almost like they were like "HEY LOOK GUYS! THEY'RE LESBIANS/BI! EH? EH?"
>>
>>77822292
t. Syrian Immigrant
>>
>>77824560
>"black man, white woman"
I miss when the world was a nice place
>>
>>77824278
>That's pretty sexist.
No it's not, not as long as most women steer clear of blue-collar jobs.
>>
>>77822526
You have my axe. Let's defend best girl.
>>
>>77824560
>"black man, white woman" dynamic that's everywhere lately.
Dunno how true it is but I've heard the reason for that is that black actresses just aren't as profitable. Hollywood throws in a black guy to hit their "progressive quota" but won't stretch far enough to actually show a black woman as a romantic lead, so they pair him up with a white girl.
It's similar to the latest F4 movie. They can racebend Johnny Storm because they want to look forward thinking but the idea of having a black woman on the team and having 50% of the main cast black was unthinkable, so they made her a white girl adopted by black parents.
>>
>>77824748
Viola Davis is a pretty good exception to that. I think it might just be a combination of people finding black women less attractive and there being too few strong, talent-intensive black actresses on the market.
>>
>>77824882
I'd much rather see a negress than black on white any day of the week
>>
>>77824833
There are exceptions. Across Avatar, Star Trek and GotG, Zoe Saldana's arguably the biggest sci-fi star on the market over the last five years. But yeah, Hollywood still hasn't fully accepted the idea of black women in leading roles for movies not specifically aimed at black audiences.
>>
>>77824212
/co/ is not one person

the korrasami fans got what they wanted and mostly ignore korra threads now

the korrasami haters got humiliated by something they mocked as tumblr crackship SJW pandering actually happening, so they are permanently buttmad and the major presence in the remaining /co/ Korra threads
>>
File: 1387934072263.jpg (536KB, 1250x733px) Image search: [Google]
1387934072263.jpg
536KB, 1250x733px
>>77824989
And what of the poor souls who had Asami as their waifu?
Left kekholded by an eskimo. Hearts broken, memes undanked
>>
>>77823315
Whoever the next earth avatar is, he'll be telling the next fire avatar to never ever listen to a word Korra says.
>>
>>77824989

Man, that casts a hilarious new light on these threads
>>
>>77824982
>arguably the biggest sci-fi star
I'm not sure you can argue that when she isn't the star of Star Trek or GotG and we never see her face in Avatar. It's like saying Colm Meaney was the star of Star Trek.
>>
>>77824989
Threads are rarely about Korrasami so i doubt that has any bearing on peoples opinions on the show as a whole.
>>
File: 1403719723290.jpg (237KB, 749x701px) Image search: [Google]
1403719723290.jpg
237KB, 749x701px
>>77821966
>Hey spirits we are about to go defend our homes, you have been squatting in our front yard for a while now can you lend us a hand?
>Nah fuck you this is a human problem, we just live here and continuously anex your city from the people who build and maintain it. Go fuck a turtleduck Ms. Bridge between the worlds
>alright thats cool I guess...

What the fuck Korra, just because they are spirits does not mean this shit slides
>>
>>77822249
>considering Korra established a police force for the world led by his children who will essentially be able to steer the world in whatever direction they want
good goy
listen to the man who made a FIFTH nation
>>
>>77825508
>squatting in our front yard
they are inside their houses. They literally lost half of the city just for the vine spirit.
>>
File: 32472458.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
32472458.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>77825232
>Now look kid, I know that Korra is going to tell you "I'm the oldest Avatar in your memory! I was wise beyond my years when I was alive!", but don't you listen to a word of it. She's the oldest avatar you can talk to because she's the only avatar who broke the Avatar Cycle, meaning that a hundred generations of wisdom and power that came before her are now lost for all eternity. Whatever she tells you to do, you should probably do the opposite.

>Also, if you ever need to enter the Avatar State, gods forbid, keep in mind that you are only going to be channeling the two of us. Try not to act like a cunt who sucks the joy and happiness out of all the people around you, because that's the only thing that Korra was skilled at.
>>
>>77821474
Did you make this thread up because of whats going on in adventure time?
>>
>>77824989
This pretty much. Like most of those fans are pretty much ignoring these threads because they get unbearable to read.
>>
>>77823023
I love when people talk shit without knowing what happened.
Bryke said that they didn't have the ending to season 4 in mind when they finished season 3 and they went with Korrasami because Korra's VA thought it was cute and was pushing for it. Their hackery comes when they let that drooly retard have a say in things.
>>
>>77827097
This is the first time i've ever read that the VA had anything to do with the ending. Usually it's because Bryke wanted it for whatever reason (probably so atleast some people will love their work).
>>
>>77827097
The VA's only knew about it by a month before the finale idiot. Asami's VA spoke about it in a podcast. The only VA that pushed for a couple was Mako's for Makorra.
>>
File: the tale of iroh.jpg (430KB, 950x425px) Image search: [Google]
the tale of iroh.jpg
430KB, 950x425px
>>77822496

Mako the actor deserves to be god tier.
>>
>>77821474

Is it just me or is still being buttblasted enough about this to make another fucking thread about this a sign you have time you need to allocate more productively?

To avoid being a hypocrite, I'll leave now, but we GET IT, you don't like Korrasami. Shut the fuck up and get over it.
>>
>>77827985
>don't like
i don't think that's what he said at all.
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>77822166
>>
File: 1443722338808.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443722338808.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>77822474
>Korra
>Yangchen
>Kyoshi

Oh no, the biggest fuckups in Avatar history hate my guts, whatever shall I do? How can I possibly go on knowing these losers think of me this way?
>>
>>77822496
Mako Iwamatsu needs to be God.
Come on now.
>>
File: ....jpg (137KB, 806x499px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
137KB, 806x499px
Korra was bad because it obviously shoved into the last 30 seconds and a clip show nobody gave a shit about to make up for the fact that the entire series was massively underwhelming.

Stephen Uiniverse has Dykes up the ass, but at least they're a part of the plot that's supposed to be there.

Lesbians in General are to the 2010s what Black Best friends were to the 90s, they are the "safe" minority you throw in for brownie points.
>>
>>77824278
>But a lot of people hated it purely because of the fact the ghostbusters were women
See that? You're proof of what I'm saying. You saw all the people saying "Melissa McCarthy is about as funny as terminal cancer." or "Everything they've said about this not only paints it as a train wreck, but a fundamental misunderstanding of what made the original work in the first place." and your brain parsed that as "I don't want ANY women ever".
>>
>>77829525
Are you serious about Yangchen? During her Avatar life, she had the most peaceful era. Roku on the other hand is the biggest fuck up. Sorry but he was. Aang had to fix all of the shit he caused.
>>
>>77830364
>Tumblrite female friend starts going off about how happy she is that 50 Shades of Grey is getting a movie because she thinks it's empowering
>Tumblrite Male Friend sits there awkwardly and tries to think of a tactful way to disagree
>I start laughing and tell her it started out as a fucking Twilight fanfiction
Sometimes it's fun to be the asshole friend.
>>
>>77824560
>gay men seem to be an endangered species.
Shamless, Glee, Will and Grace, The Normal Heart, Girls, Brookback Mountain (Which won a damn academy), Bird Cage, Milk, More actors than actresses coming out gay. Ryan Murphy.

There is more gay men in live action/medja than females and transgenders dude. It is just NOW they are beginning to have more lesbian and trans shit in the US. Its just a huge thing. People seem to forget just how much gay men shit there really is in the media.
>>
>>77823284
He let his past history with Sozin cloud his judgement and gave him a second chance, and he obviously considers it his greatest mistake. He admits that in hindsight he should've tried a more permanent solution, and that was clearly going to be more than a slap on the wrist.

As is, all he did was delay Sozin's plans by a few decades.
>>
File: this will blow over.png (130KB, 874x589px) Image search: [Google]
this will blow over.png
130KB, 874x589px
>>77829874
This

>tfw lesbians can be in anything
>tfw gays are only allowed to be stable+married or flaming cockmasters
>tfw bi
>tfw we don't exist unless the main char's a slut

Better hope you don't like dick or like both for the next 4 years...
>>
File: 1439096579173.gif (553KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1439096579173.gif
553KB, 320x238px
>>77821881
>>
>>77831699
>>>/tumblr/
>>
File: 1448743903574.jpg (42KB, 559x510px) Image search: [Google]
1448743903574.jpg
42KB, 559x510px
>>77821780
>>77821474
>plot to boost ratings
>on the last scene of the last episode
>>
>>77832604
maybe more of a "wow this show was progressive, I guess it wasn't all bad after all"
>>
>>77821474
You mad
>>
>>77829925
>Roku on the other hand is the biggest fuck up
literally did nothing. He can't fuck things if he did nothing.
>>
>>77829925
>Roku on the other hand is the biggest fuck up
only if we ignora Korra and Wan liberating Satan.
>>
>>77832604
i think he is talking about other projects.
>>
>>77821474
That's how things have always been, anon. See every webcomic that tried to compete in the 2000's and plenty of comic books too
>>
>>77832604
Bryke has a thing where they spit in the face of their fans with huge open endings and tells them IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE THEN BEG NICKELODEON LOLOLOLOLOL
Only problem is that no one wanted to see the lez adventures of boring butch who's been retconned into being small and feminine and the chick that's been basically retconned into being the feminine dom that all sad horny lesbians lust after.
Full on skinnimax/loser lez pandering.
>>
>>77821507
Jessica Jones? Might be pushing it depending on how you define Plan B. Its pretty much plan A.
>>
File: 1104223764688.png (75KB, 211x173px) Image search: [Google]
1104223764688.png
75KB, 211x173px
>>77832604
Not ratings but reputation.

They didn't want the show to go down in history as that disappointing follow up to Avatar, so they kind of implied lesbians in the lamest way possible right at the end.
>>
>>77827419
Remember that creepy ass speech that asami's va gave at that comic panel that made litteally all of the vas visibly uncomfortable?

Yeah.
>>
>>77821507
Every single piece of sci-fantasy and fully HALF of the cartoons on the air for the last 5-10 years.
>>
>>77832565
>>>/trash/

:^)
>>
>>77821474
It's more that it's the quick and cheap way to show you're doing something diverse and progressive. Wow look at this, it's not JUST two women in a lead role but it's two women in a relationship as well... WITH EACHOTHER!

It also has the bonus of most creators being male so they can stroke themselves while stroking their egos. Why do you think so many webcomics have lesbians? Or indeed why lesbianism in fiction, especially nerd fiction, is more common than two gay guys?
>>
>>77821474
No, you're just paranoid.
>>
>>77834553
Marvel has a lot of gay guys though.
>>
>>77834553
There's a fucking shitton of webcomics with gay guys, you're just not reading them. Are you seriously implying otherwise?
>>
>>77821966
>Sometimes i believe that universe needs something similar to the Templars of Dragon Age
What'd they do? The only Templars I'm familiar with hate an organization of stab-happy anarchist birdmen.
>>
>>77829910

no, dude, there were tons of people who were furious at the mere idea of a cast of female ghostbusters.
>>
>>77830487

Funny, most of the BDSM/SJW ladies I know hate the book, because its use of consent is fucked and it portrays BDSM people as completely broken monsters whose kinks come from motherly abuse.

Can't explain why so many moms like it, though.
>>
>>77831699
>>tfw bi
>>tfw we don't exist unless the main char's a slut

Sadly yes
And gays hate us
And straights think we're lying to ourselves or that we want to fuck everything in sight
>>
>>77821966
>Point of the avatar is to maintain balance and order
>Not once does Korra learn any fucking self control
>>
>>77835615
>>77831699
Jesus. Bisexuals have some of the biggest victim complexes on the internet.
>>
>>77822382
Having just watched Seasons 1&2, they in no way hated each other.

Asami was incredibly nice to Korra considering everything and vice versa. Jealous sure, but hated? Absolutely not.
>>
File: every time.png (2KB, 301x243px) Image search: [Google]
every time.png
2KB, 301x243px
>lesbians all over the cartoon airwaves for children
>gay males only in the cartoons for adults

Seriously. Archer, Venture Bros, etc have plenty of gay males. Where are they in the kid shows like Korra or whatever? Are males too gross?
>>
>>77821474
>constantly wear yurigoogles every time I see two females characters talk
>see korra and asami
>feel nothing at the end despite being canon
It's fucking forced so SJW can rally under it while forgetting how horrible the show was
>>
>>77821474
Except they made them bisexual in the very last minutes of the very last episode of the series when they no longer gave a fuck about ratings and had no further obligation to Nick. Also they didn't have any kickstarters. Also there are no other shows you can name that include "lesbian" characters, because even retard shows like Adventure Time and SU won't actually commit to having lesbian characters and will just tease without commitment, while at least Bryke made a stand.

tl;dr You're full of shit.
>>
>>77837554
Korra and Steven Universe are the only kids cartoon with gay girls.
>>
>>77837554
Wasn't there a male gay couple in Clarence?
>>
>>77821507
Every story ever written ends with lesbianism. FACT.
>>
>>77837814
Lesbians.
>>
>>77837814
Nope, lesbians

Ugly stupid lesbians who raised a neurotic.

Then again, Jeff's one of the few characters on that show that doesn't look/sound like a fucking freak.
>>
>>77821507

Batman: The Animated Series.
>>
>>77822706

He didn't ran from his duty as Avatar, he ran because he was going to be take away from Monk Gyatso.
>>
>tfw the comic is going to be exclusively Korra and Asami lezzing about in the spirit world to justify that rushed ending
>tfw we won't see gritty post-war reconstruction
>tfw we won't see the airbenders policing Republic City like a bunch of flying badasses from Police Zeppelins
>tfw no comfy apartment antics slice of life between less-stupid Bolin, no-longer-bitchy Opal, and suave shit-gotten-together detective Mako

Bryke and Dark Horse Comics present The Legend of Korra: Nice Things and Why You Can't Have Them
>>
>>77840414
Dude the comic is about the reconstitution of Republic city and the earth kingdom.
>>
>>77837905
>>77837904
>>77837814
There was a gay couple in a brief scene, but there was a full episode about lesbians.
>>
File: laughing_big_teeth_lemur.jpg (22KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_big_teeth_lemur.jpg
22KB, 720x540px
>Punchy O'Hulahan the eskimo
>>
>>77825079
Luckily I'm into denial.
>>
>>77821474
I don't hate the asspulled lesbians. I hate Korra wasn't about the first half of S1 promised. I wanted competent villains. I wanted dark secrets resurfacing about the adult Last Airbender Team.
>>
>>77840673
Then your retarded
>>
>>77821474
No, it doesn't happen much at all. You're just scared of it happening, and the one or two examples that come to your mind suddenly seem like a much larger trend as a result.
>>
>>77835285
Not him but show me.

If it's from /pol/ or a /pol/ type board don't bother.
>>
File: 1448233841854.png (264KB, 299x687px) Image search: [Google]
1448233841854.png
264KB, 299x687px
>>77821474
>>77823868
Think it would save captain marvel/spider-woman?
>>
>Punchy O'Hulahan the eskimo

My sides holy shit.
>>
>>77821474
No. The writers, being mostly young artistic types, probably genuinely care about representation, or at least the concept of representation, and lesbians are much easier to get past the censors than gay men. In LoK's case, it was clearly a last season decision, when their show was destined to be canned anyway, and they were too cowardly and/or incompetent to actually properly weave it into the plot of the show.
>>
>>77840472
That is going to be there later, but the first issue is about Korrasami as far as i know.
>>
>>77835004
Templars in Dragon Age exist to keep an eye on mages. They're trained to nullify and resist magic and they are able to track them.

If needed they can remove all powers from a mage through a ritual or they can also kill them.

Their powers supposedly come from a processed mineral in liquid form that is highly addictive. The distribution of that mineral is controlled by the Chantry, a religious order that controls both an Templars and the Mages. If a templar quits the order, he no longer gets his fixes and suffer terrible drawbacks.
>>
>>77843171
There relationship is gonna be in it, but it won't be entirely focused. The whole Comic begins after the spirit world vacation. When they arrive back to republic city and begin the reconstruction of it.
>>
>>77843731
*Their
>>
>>77843731
From what i heard the focus of the first part of the comic was Korrasami, the reconstruction comes afterwards.
>>
>>77835285
And there were just as many if not more that weren't and had legitimate criticisms, But all you chose to remember was "rampant misogny!"
>>
>>77823546
Given what the Avatar is capable of (rearranging tectonic plates, bending the ocean, etc) Roku likely could stop the FN army, but it would result in massive destruction and loss of life, something the Avatar tries to avoid in general. Roku would end up a pariah (even more than he was already, hence living on his island) in his own home.
>>
>>77821494
I just powered through the entire series. I skipped the clip show, and the ending of 4 wasn't very ambiguous, but just enough for me to ignore Korrasami.

But no, S3 in no way shape or form did anything to "build" a relationship between them. Outside of the one outburst when they're eating dinner in S4 when she returns to Republic City, there's absolutely no real buildup in their "relationship". Hell, Asami didn't really have any sort of role in the series at all. She was Mako's girlfriend and then she just starts hanging out with everyone for no reason. Oh, and her father is a psycho. They basically ignored her for most of S2+3, and then she starts getting lines of dialogue? Zhu Li got more development than she did.

>>77821966
Eh, Korra wasn't bad. She was a more direct avatar, but part of that was how she was raised. The avatars aren't all that different - being the same soul and all.

She spent her whole life secreted away with no real tutelage as she mastered three of the four elements as a kid. She never learned the discipline from those masters, and she wasn't an Air Nomad like Aang so she basically learned the spiritual side of her job on the fly. Besides, she was right: the world was originally between the spirits and mankind - Wan basically told everyone he wasn't dealing with their shit and put them both in their rooms.

They should have been teaching her from the start, but Tenzin was off playing politics.
>>
>>77837554
Korra wasn't really a kids' show. Yes it aired on Nickelodeon, and yes that's probably what Nick ordered, but from the get go you could tell it wasn't written that way.

I think Korra was the writers trying to talk to the adult fans of The Last Airbender and that's what soured a lot of people. Most people (myself included) wanted more of the same, but Korra comes right off the bat with politics and a different setting entirely.
>>
>>77835575
>Can't explain why so many moms like it, though.
Because they want to be mistreated by a rich handsome man. It's like all those /co/ threads fawning over abusive bitches
>>
>>77843973
>We're either invisible, liars, or homewreckers.
Just like real life
>>
>>77843973
I'm not denying bi errasure exists but not every straight or gay person is out to get you or thinks you're a cheating slut because of your orientation.

With that said, I'm sorry that happened to you.
>>
Would've it be funny if Asami was still as useless and was in the background in the comic like she was in the show despite being the MC's girlfriend now.

The shippers and tumblrinas would be buttmad and it would be glorious.
>>
>>77845191
>Besides, she was right: the world was originally between the spirits and mankind
I agree with you on most things, but this part is actually wrong. They tell us in the show that the two worlds originally were seperate until Vaatu broke the barrier between the worlds and as a result the world in Wans time looks like it does.
>>
>>77845513
Well then I stand corrected. Either way, the only bad thing about the spirits living on the planet was Shinra starting up in the Earth Kingdom.
>>
>>77845500
Shippers and tumblrinas will be mad unless Asami is portrayed as a perfect Mary Sue and Korrasami as star-crossed lovers. Anything less is misogyny. Bryke must make those faggots because they're the only audience left
>>
File: varrick-in-ping-ping.jpg (886KB, 1890x1080px) Image search: [Google]
varrick-in-ping-ping.jpg
886KB, 1890x1080px
Can we all just stop and talk about how this guy is the best character? Even when he's evil I can't hate him.
>>
>>77845500
Asami wasn't useless, they just didn't use her in the story. The writers basically forgot about her.

She's like goddamn Batman. Expert driver, great fighter, brilliant scientist - but all she's left to do is be background scenery for Mako's scenes.
>>
>>77833298
See, I didn't think the show was all that disappointing. The first book dragged, and the second one had issues, but the third was perfect. They should've ended the show there; Book 4 was a thematic mess and went back to the boring politics of Republic City that dragged down Book 1.

I think a lot of people were upset that it wasn't The Last Airbender and never really got over it. I came into this show expecting the worst (having listened to everyone dog on it) and it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
So wait, let me get this straight.
You guys are all mad that we have sexy magic kung fu lesbians in cartoons now?
>>
File: lesbolist.png (268KB, 698x684px) Image search: [Google]
lesbolist.png
268KB, 698x684px
>>77821507
>>
>>77845013
>rearranging tectonic plates, bending the ocean
as i said, overestimating. The avatar never did this. It's not the level of bending you think it is. Roku couldn't even stop a volcano. Wan couldn't stop an army.
>>
>>77845861
plot > sexy magic kung fu lesbians.
>>
>>77845861
I'm not mad at all, especially about lesbians (Korra and Asami were bi?).

It was just sloppy writing that seemed out of character because the writers did absolutely nothing to establish the two as a pair. Hell, they started pushing Mako and Korra back together before they remembered they were terrible as a couple.

But no, I'm just nitpicking.
>>
>>77845861
>there are people defending SJW brainwashing in our cartoons

GG we lost, might just pick another hobby while some are left untouched by this degenerate filth
>>
>>77845883
>Team Fortress 2
Did I miss something?

Did I miss a lot of somethings?
>>
>>77822881
>But Kuvira would not be able to do it if not for Korras actions.

What the Hell are you talking about? She had absolutely nothing to do with any of it. When it started she was busy fighting for her life, after that she was injured for three years.

And when she healed up? She fought back. Roku scolded Sozen and did dick all else. He even admitted that he fucked up and let a brush fire burn down the forest.
>>
>>77846066
One of the artist for the comic book said that Ms. Pauling was a lesbo on Twitter.

Idk if it's truly canon or not but still.
>>
>>77845861
Just goes to show you that we aren't happy unless we're mad about something.
>>
>>77846070
> She fought back.
When? Outside Zhaofu where she was willing to give the city up until they threatened to kill people?
Or when she ran back to RC and did fuck all for half a season?
Korra did practicly nothing to stop Kuvira. And as someone else said, had Korra not been the Avatar the Queen wouldn't be dead and no one would "need" Kuvira to step up and take over.

Roku put a full stop to the expansion for the rest of the time he was alive. And he took action against his own nation and friend to help the world.
>>
>>77822249
I never understood this. The world (and we the fans) treat them like they're all different people, but they're not - they're one soul reincarnating. Aang is Korra and Korra is Aang.
>>
>>77846157
>had Korra not been the Avatar the Queen wouldn't be dead

What?
>>
>>77824363
Gays can get married in all 50 states. Some people might personally not like it, but there's always going to be holdouts about everything. It's accepted.

The problem with "homosexuality in family friendly shows" is that sexuality is an inherently sexual thing, something that most shows for younger audiences (especially in kids shows) go out of their way to avoid. Of course these shows are reticent to detail who puts what in who's pooper.

Monogamous heterosexual relationships are the default for the human species, so that shows up because a) it's normal, and b) you don't have to get tied down in the implications or greater detail.

If the biggest struggle gays and lesbians have is that not enough kids cartoons show same sex snogging, then the battle's clearly been won.
>>
>>77846202
Korra set into motion everything from season 2 forward. She let out Vaatu which enabled HC to happen, she kept open the portals. Any of those enabled Airbending returning, which gave Zaheer the ability to kill the Queen and cripple Korra. After the queens died everything fell apart and they needed someone to step up and Kuvira did, which then became a problem.

Had Korra not been the Avatar she would not have been able to start the chain of events at all.
>>
>>77824989
I liked Korrasami when it was just a silly joke/cute fan art/boner fuel.

I hated it when Bryke completely fumbled the landing and said that anyone who didn't like it was only watching the show with "hetero lenses" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.
>>
>>77846070
>She had absolutely nothing to do with any of it
not him, but Korra is responsible for zaheer since she opened the portals, the one that killed the earth queen.
>>
File: hello Mako.png (423KB, 840x477px) Image search: [Google]
hello Mako.png
423KB, 840x477px
>>77845707

He's amazing when he's good and amazing when he's evil
>>
>>77846184
Because that's not how reincarnation works. If you were locked into your behaviors then there's no actual way of accruing good/bad karma and you'd come back as the same thing over and over.
>>
>>77846247
>>77846319
So basically due to things she couldn't possibly predict, she's responsible for guy that she didn't know existed doing things nobody could have possibly imagined.

I mean shit, shouldn't you people be pissed at the assholes who kept them alive? Zuko could have fed them to his dragon.
>>
>>77846327
Right, but they're all still the same person.

A man who loses his memories in adulthood is still the same person, even if his temperament changes.
>>
>>77846358
>she couldn't possibly predict
you open the spirit portal and doesn't expect spiritual shit to happen? one advice, when you don't know what the fuck will happen, don't do it.

when she opened the portal, something she didn't knew what it means, she accepted the risks involved.
>>
>>77846358
I'm not pissed it happened, but lets not pretend Korra had nothing to do with it. And unlike her everyone else actually did something to fix it, not make everything worse.

Korra could have done a whole lot of things to minimize these issues. She could have listened to people (like Tenzin or Tonraq) and have avoided season 2 entirely.
She could have worked with people and taken down Zaheer and his gang safely, but she didn't.
She could have dealt with Kuvira early on or done anything to stop her really. But again she didn't.

Against every single villain Korra did as little as possible to deal with the actual issue resulting in her being forced into a situation where either she fights and "wins" or the world loses. With Vaatu literally everything dies. With Zaheer the nations are dissolved. With Kuvira the 100 year happens again.
>>
>>77846404
>be me, born in the Fire Nation ten generations after Korra opened the portals
>my great-great-great-great-grand parents would have never met if their airships weren't diverted after Republic City was destroyed
>I stubbed my toe

KORRAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: bateman face peel.jpg (24KB, 627x325px) Image search: [Google]
bateman face peel.jpg
24KB, 627x325px
>>77845263
The problem was that Korra wanted to be more than a "kid's show" but the writers had no aptitude for the sorts of subject matter they wanted to tackle.

Anything potentially interesting or ambiguous, like the non-bender revolt, gets completely swept under the rug. The "civil war" turns out to have been orchestrated by a Snidely Whiplash-esque villain who literally calls himself "The Dark Avatar." Zaheer's worldview reflects an extremely shallow understanding of anarchy, and never really congeals into anything actually sensible ("Something something, uh, the void."). We have to be told that Kuvira is doing off screen evil things so we don't root for her over Suyin, the writers' pet.

For all its lofty goals, the writing in Korra is honestly more juvenile and flat than ATLA.
>>
>>77846501
doing the single and exact same act that gave power to a terrorist is slightly more different than that. Fact is, Korra caused S02, S03 and S04 and the world is better without her. This you cannot deny. She should just stay inside her igloo and never go out.
>>
>>77845883
>list of things to read
Thanks
>>
>>77846358
A) Anyone could predict "Opening the spirit world" would be disastrous. Anyone except Korra, anyway.

B) When your protagonist would've done the world more good by just staying in her igloo, that's a problem with a story
>>
>>77846445
>Against every single villain Korra did as little as possible to deal with the actual issue resulting in her being forced into a situation where either she fights and "wins" or the world loses. With Vaatu literally everything dies. With Zaheer the nations are dissolved. With Kuvira the 100 year happens again.

Korra actively tried to stop her uncle long before he got anywhere close to becoming the Dark Avatar. Mako fucked her and the world over by narcing on her (admittedly insane) plan with General Iroh.

Again, you guys are blaming Korra for the actions of an insane killer (who should already be dead) that she knew nothing about and who randomly got his powers in a completely unprecedented event. Then you further blame her because while she was recovering FROM BEING NEARLY MURDERED, one woman went bat shit insane and turned into Hitler, despite said woman pleading with her mentor to do the job instead. Then you completely ignore that Korra decided to fight her once she healed, and that she went straight to Republic City to plan the war.

I mean Jesus Christ, do you people sit around and curse your parents for every little thing wrong in your life? Where does it end?
>>
>>77846709
>Korra actively tried to stop her uncle long before he got anywhere close to becoming the Dark Avatar.
Did she though? What i watched was her fighting to free her father after he went to jail. Then she left to gather allies, which failed and then she was out for a time. Towards the end, sure she went up against Unalaq when she realised the world would end if she didn't. But before that she was very inactive in stopping Unalaq.

I'm not blaming Korra for Zaheer getting powers or wanting to kill the world leaders. I'm blaming her for trying to deal with the situation on her own which made everthing worse than it allready was. Had she not gone after Zaheer with only her friends, the queen would most likely still be alive and she wouldn't have to sacrifice herself for the airbenders.

Against Kuvira, Korra was very much against fighting her. She even says so herself. So she obviously loses when they do fight because Korra once again doesn't have an out (though not her fault for once). Then she flees Zaofu and does nothing to stop Kuvira while in RC. Not only was she not invited because people have no faith in her, but she didn't even try to become a part of it. Once again she is forced to action because of a situation she was part of creating.

And if my parents was actively making decissions that were fucking over my life i would blame them. Korra is very much the person who enabled everything that happened in book 2 forward, even if she didn't know it would happen. This can be proven quite simply to considering how things would be if she wasn't present.

If you take this and compare it to Rokus situation or Aangs they're paying for other peoples mistakes. They're acting upon other peoples actions and trying to fix these issues before they become to big to handle.
>>
>>77846741
RC is a maybe.

The Dark Avatar wouldn't even be an issue, because he was imprisoned until she released him.
>>
>>77846850
>Did she though? What i watched was her fighting to free her father after he went to jail. Then she left to gather allies, which failed and then she was out for a time. Towards the end, sure she went up against Unalaq when she realised the world would end if she didn't. But before that she was very inactive in stopping Unalaq.

She pleaded with the President to intervene and went behind his back to get Iroh to do it anyway. She didn't know her uncle was a psychopath, and it's not the Avatar's job to police internal tribe matters.
>>
>>77846709
>Korra actively tried to stop her uncle long before he got anywhere close to becoming the Dark Avatar
funny thing how she is the one that opened the portals to him.

>blaming Korra for the actions of an insane killer (who should already be dead)
death for kidnapping?

>she knew nothing about and who randomly got his powers in a completely unprecedented event
as people said before, it was expected for spirit shit to happen. Shit was going to hit the fan, we just didn't know what exactly. Knowing the person has nothing to do with it. If you fire a gun and it happens to kill someone, you're still a murderer regardless of knowing what was going to happen. Korra looked at the gun (portal) and said "well, it looks like a gun, but let's see what happens when i pull the trigger". She is responsible, it's the exact act that triggered S03 and S04.

> recovering FROM BEING NEARLY MURDERED
against a guy that she set free in the first place

>bat shit insane and turned into Hitler
arguably, Kuvira was right for the most part. She was just doing what any good leader would do and protecting her territory. Anyway, you could argue that Korra don't have 100% of the blame, but you can never say that Korra is not to blame.

Let me put it better: Kuvira is responsible for attacking RC. Korra is responsible for allowing Kuvira to get to power in the first place. It's probably 70-30, the blame, which still means Korra is to blame. Hell, perhaps it's even 50-50 considering Kuvira shouldn't even happen at all without Korra.
>>
>>77846891
She talked with him one time. When Raiko was opposed to it she would rather include RC in a war they have nothing to do with than try other means to win over Raiko. So you would rather have her do even more bad decissions just so she also can try to fix issues she is a part of.

She didn't know he was a bad guy no. I'm not blaming her for his vision. But she actively went out of her way to not listen to other people. She never once questioned his plans before he "attacked" her family. So she is still to blame for making the very poor choice of helping him open the portals and invade the south.

I think the policing thing is debatable. Otherwise she shouldn't have taken action against Amon either, since it would be internal politics of RC.
>>
File: tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (480KB, 860x794px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
480KB, 860x794px
We all know Korra needs a partner with a boatload of patience, who can look past her many, MANY flaws.

It was either Asami or Dying alone.
>>
>>77821522
Wait seriously? I haven't watched it in years.
>>
>>77846994
why can't she just end learning from her mistakes and becoming a better avatar instead of being forced into a romance?
>>
>>77833314
What was it about?
>>
>>77846994
Mako would have made more sense. Even if it would also have been a terrible choice.

They could also have given her a random person not included in the show. This would also have been better because it wouldn't be opposed to the characters.

And finally, ending up alone would have been an amazing message about how she had developed to not relying on other people in her life. She would be capable of standing on her own. It would have been the better ending.
>>
>>77846994
Honestly the series should have just ended with her alone. I don't know why they felt the need to continually pair her up when she was best alone and it was only ever a distraction.
>>
>>77846891
>She didn't know her uncle was a psychopath
She sure as hell knew that the only way to open the spirit portals is with the avatar and that Unalaq needed them open before harmonic convergence for his plans, and still she goes to the spirit world before the convergence for no fucking reason, gets captured and condemns the planet to "save Jinora", something she didn't manage to do because Unalaq is not that kind. She is responsible for that for sure. Without her there is nothing Unalaq could do.
>>
File: 1.jpg (249KB, 1280x1747px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
249KB, 1280x1747px
>Hating lesbians
>Ever

I bet you faggots fap to traps, futa and call yourselves "straight"

Go back to /y/
>>
>>77847224
>hating
you mean pointing out major flaws in the plot and storytelling?
>>
>>77847219

>why do you keep whining that people always treat you like scum? that sounds like something scum would do.
>>
>>77847224
Lesbian deflector shields engaged!
>>
>>77847376
You are called out for your behavior, not sexual preference dumb greenarrowposter.
>>
File: domestic violence intensifies.jpg (1MB, 1458x4216px) Image search: [Google]
domestic violence intensifies.jpg
1MB, 1458x4216px
Asami was only ever interesting in that brief window where her only role was the universe's designated punching bag.
Then again, so was Varrick.
>>
>>77846233
>that sexuality is an inherently sexual thing
>Monogamous heterosexual relationships are the default for the human species, so that shows up because a) it's normal

Ideology at its finest.
>>
File: 1416878538548.jpg (9KB, 252x244px) Image search: [Google]
1416878538548.jpg
9KB, 252x244px
>>77847224
Nice beta fetish fag
>>
>>77847612
>Ideology at its finest.
Yes because flowers are designed for rubbing pistols together, and lesbian bears are the norm
>>
>>77822702
I don't think Bioware really needs any progressive points, it's racking in cash as it is. It has two hugely successful critically acclaimed franchises on their hands (Not sure about future of Mass Effect, but we'll see)

It's just romance is their thing. And some of it is gay because why not? What if you want to have your character gay?

I don't think there are actual gay COUPLES though. Just NPCs you can bugger.
>>
File: tumblr_nvy0pjA3s11rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (289KB, 740x847px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvy0pjA3s11rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
289KB, 740x847px
>>77847567
Well Korra turned into the punching bag of fate for the next two seasons.

Rightfully so.
>>
File: bruised eye and torn asshole.jpg (86KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
bruised eye and torn asshole.jpg
86KB, 1280x718px
>>77847880
I want to bully Korra.
>>
>>77847612
It is. I'm all for gays being able to get married, adopt, etc.

But let's not pretend that heterosexuality isn't the default or normal, because it is. Inherently.
>>
>>77821507
Homestuck

but replace lesbians with gays
>>
>>77822382
They never hated each other. NEVER. Korra was jealous of Asami for like 3 episodes and then they drove together in a racecar and were friends from then on, for the entire series.
>>
>>77848448
If they had actually planed the series out, they could have made it so Korra is tsundere for Asami for a while.
>>
>>77848503
If they had the series planned out we would have ended on Makorra like they did with Book 1.
>>
>>77848612
That wouldn't have been so bad. It wasn't until Book 2 that they replaced Mako with a synth and he lost any sense of character.
>>
>>77848612
Maybe that was the plan, but seeing as how that relationship was pure cancer, they abandoned it quickly.

However, if they were even considering Korrasami in the writing process, it wouldn't have hurt to drop a hint of attraction on Korra's part.

I can buy Asami as a closeted lesbian in the first 3 seasons, but Korra suddenly being bi was the real problem.
>>
File: sad bolin.jpg (118KB, 764x425px) Image search: [Google]
sad bolin.jpg
118KB, 764x425px
>>77848503
>we never got a beach episode

Why did you have to remind me?
>>
>>77821474
No. You're just sensitive to it.
>>
>>77848716
I can agree that they should have actually build up Korrasami. But i don't believe that having the seasons planned out would fix that issue because i don't believe they really planned Korrasami at all.
>>
>>77848716
>I can buy Asami as a closeted lesbian in the first 3 seasons

Nah, she wanted that shark dick repeatedly. Funny how the two hottest women in Republic City were stuck with that dipshit.
>>
>>77821507
Courage the Cowardly Dog
>>
>>77845883
Gungerkrigg Court I had no issue with. The lesbian relationship there was not forced at all, developed naturally, doesn't intrude on anything, and is not the sole d defining characteristic of the show.
>>
>>77848359
No one knows if you're a virgin or not by sight dipshit.
>>
DUDE LESBIANS LMAO
>>
File: LoKGC26.jpg (237KB, 1200x1714px) Image search: [Google]
LoKGC26.jpg
237KB, 1200x1714px
>>77847937
Please don't hurt my fit eskimo waifu!
>>
>>77848940
> my mom
Holy kek, now I wanna to know how you approached it without sounding a victim or making it something special unless your family wouldnt accept it.
>>
>>77846233
All these mental gymnastics on your part jesus christ.
>You can't show sexuality to kids unless it's heterosexuality because hurrr?
Seriously, "you don't have to get tied down in the implications"? That's just you being a retard unable to imagine a homosexual relationship in more platonic terms. Sorry if you see two men holding hands and all you can see is DICK IN BUTTS
>>
File: 1419466964666.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419466964666.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>77848783
That's what I mean, though.

Asami is the classic "Hey, you think we're only dating men because we're expected to?" kind of gal.

That's the only way I can see a smart, self-respecting woman ending up trying to get with Mako TWICE.

She has literally no taste in men, because subconsciously she doesn't really want one in the first place.

That's why I don't have a problem with her switching teams. I bought it.
>>
>>77848448
Korra backstabbed her and took Mako. That's not something you just forgive.
>>
>>77849382
Except she was actually in to Mako, as in sexually and romantically.

Korra and Asami are bi as far as I'm concerned, though I buy that with Asami than I do Korra, but only because she's a fucking blank slate characterization-wise.
>>
>>77849314
>That's just you being a retard unable to imagine a homosexual relationship in more platonic terms.

Exactly. A while back, a younger cousin asked what gay means. I told her it's like when boys and girls fall in love, but boys fall in love with boys or girls fall in love with girls. I didn't have to get into anal sex or tribbing, it was as simple as swapping out wedding cake toppers.
>>
>>77849314
The first thing that pops into the minds of people like you is homosex when you show gays or lesbians.
They never attempted to show platonic but obvious homosexuals because the creeps who push it are more interested in driving a wedge between their children and their parents/care givers and sexualizing them to to make it easier to sell them shit and brainwash them.

There were ALWAYS gays in american cartoons, hinted at and outright stated without it actually being said.
Only now are you creeps so goddamend fucking DESPERATE to push it this way.

This isn't deep, or enlightening, or good for anyone. This is two hacks desperate to keep on the air and keep their names out there.
That's all.

>>77849424
They're gay now.
Not bi, not questioning, not tee hee we're making out for attention from the boys. FULL ON LOVES THE TWAT AND ONLY TWAT gay.
>>
>>77849385
Fair enough, story just sounded stupid without giving context.
>>
File: tumblr_nlrhdiG0m21r6btzgo1_1280.png (688KB, 850x551px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlrhdiG0m21r6btzgo1_1280.png
688KB, 850x551px
>>77849424
>sexually and romantically
For what amounts to a minute of screentime.

Asami isn't even butthurt for long enough to say anything when she gets keked TWICE.

I get the feeling that relationship didn't really matter that much in the first place.

Headcanons like this help me go to sleep at night,
>>
>>77849529

>The first thing that pops into the minds of people like you is homosex when you show gays or lesbians.

You could've just typed "NO U," saved yourself some characters.

>They never attempted to show platonic but obvious homosexuals because the creeps who push it are more interested in driving a wedge between their children and their parents/care givers and sexualizing them to to make it easier to sell them shit and brainwash them.

...what?

They never attempted to show platonic but obvious homosexuals because the last American anti-sodomy law wasn't struck down until 2003 and the country's filled with wacky cunts still going bananas over the notion that it's perfectly fine to be gay, straight, or bi and even in our depraved, degenerate timeline you still have to pretend LGBTBBBQ* rights (and in fact their natural existence) are a matter of opinion. We're only now reaching the point where you can simply portray gay relationships as opposed to having wacky over-the-top Birdcage melodrama or quirky gay friends of the main characters being all sassy and shit.

>and sexualizing them to to make it easier to sell them shit and brainwash them.

This is sounding dangerously like "if we teach our kids what gay people are our kids will become gay."

*(the extra B is for BYOBB)
>>
>>77833117
It's sad how true this is. Is there even a single webcomic that doesn't have lesbians in it? At this point it's just annoying because most of them don't even do anything, they're just there to fill the quota.
>>
>>77825508

korra probably did the most damage by far by merging her world with the spirit world.

humans and spirits would have to compete for limited resources.

but no, just ignore it and bring on new villains for her to deal with in season 3/4.
>>
Meme trolling aside, the answer is "fucking no."

Steven Universe had lesbians from the very beginning, no attempt to "save" anything. It's what the author likes, that's it.

Neither AT nor really fucking Korra even had lesbians.

Here's what they have: garden-variety fanservice. That's it. They threw the shippers of popular shippings a bone. Hardly the first time a show has done that or a top 100 significant example. Also not progressive at ALL.

Try again.
>>
>>77852922
do spirits even need resources other than territory?
>>
>>77845824
>only one season out of four was good
>show wasn't all that disappointing
>>
File: Cory_in_the_House.png (266KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Cory_in_the_House.png
266KB, 320x320px
>>77821507

and all Disney shows with real people
>>
>>77854182
>Korra and asami
>popular

M8 please. It was pure lesbo bait. They Dumbledored them for Progressive Points to prevent people from being able to criticize them.
>>
>>77848255
>show
>>
>>77855743

Not saying the "why" of it makes sense but Korrasami was a hugley popular ship long before anyone thought it would be canon, probably as a reaction to how much everyone fucking hated Makorra and Mako in general.

The lesbian shit was barely in it and the show was over at that point. Also, who would criticize them? They were already a show about an asian female character and got huge brownie points for that. I don't know if you've been drinking the /pol/ Kool Aid or what but it was just fanservice. The show was over and it had little to no influence on anything at that point. Very few people heard about the "korra and asami" ending or gave a shit about it, and it was probably split between good and bad for those few who cared.
>>
>>77856745
>oh shit our show is bad. How can we ensure it has a legacy?
>throw in lesbians! Then we'll be historic!
>brilliant

AT did the same shit. People stopped watching it so they shoved in lesbians.
>>
>>77856745
"Korrassami" was popular for the same reason they pushed the show back for nearly a half year.

Korra looked and acted like the biggest bull dyke on the planet. When the test audience looked visibly put off by her and were questioning, they had the koreans fix her so she looked less like a bishe teenage boy and like a woman.
They also made mako and bolin super studs to make her look more feminine.
They hooked her up(and somewhat pushed the idea of her being the man in a lez relationship with assami)because THEY LOOK THE PART and the little queers are THIRSTY AS FUCK!
Only in the final season where they made her look and act far less masculine and more feminine and noticably smaller then Assam( and pushed her as the fem dominant online) did they go full on LESBIANS!
Why did they do that?
Cause they wanted her to be a "skinimax" lesbian that's marketable to horny men lesbians and girls who think bi is awesome.
Full on butch lez korra would not be marketable in the least. Espescially when you consider her personality towards her former boyfriend, the chick she's fucking now, and the beta orbiter around her. None of that shit is marketable.

Problem? The lesbians dug korra's look and the apparent sexual power dynamic that it spoke of. And them doing it as a last minute thing sort of pisses them off too. If what's been said on /co/ and other places is any indication.
>>
I miss when Lesbians were seen as hot and not as SJWs somehow meddling.
>>
File: korrainterview2.jpg (29KB, 332x363px) Image search: [Google]
korrainterview2.jpg
29KB, 332x363px
>>77846630
>Korra caused Unalaq to be born
Checkmate Korra haters
>>
>>77854311
It's a subjective judgment. It was never going to be as good as The Last Airbender, but if you judge it as it's own creature it still stands as decent show.
>>
>>77857629
Go back in time before Gamer Gate.
>>
>>77821507
Steven Universe
Arrow
Gotham
>>
>>77831699
Both Korra and Asami are literally bi. Like, "word of god said so" levels of bi.

I mean, yeah, it was laughably executed, and asami's about as interesting as a stray cat, but they're bi.
>>
File: ss.webm (320KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
ss.webm
320KB, 430x350px
>>77823980
I've watched all of Rick & Morty so far a few times now, and I'm definitely on the lookout for lesbians. Remind me of any references to lesbianism in the entire show that aren't just an orgy with Rick.
>>
>>77823315
>who wants to have that incompetent cunt in their brain?
By the time she dies, Korra will have wrecked Asami's pussy every night for years.
>>
Guys, I figured it out.

Korra is so shitty so that everyone will think Aang was less shitty. It's all a clever play to make the original seem better.

I won't fall for. Aang had tons of flaws, and I will not be blinded to them.
>>
>>77859318
Everything is played for laughs on R&M. Any lesbians would be an obvious dyke joke.
>>
>>77859405
Lesbian =/= dyke
>>
>>77822199
It's not like they'll hurt each other with their girly little arms. Let them fight for the makeup sex, and quit yer bitchin.
>>
>>77845640
>the only bad thing about the spirits living on the planet was Shinra starting up in the Earth Kingdom.
Because of bad writing. The writers can do anything, but just because they say nothing bad happened doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
>>
>>77822162
I hate it because it's not a live action Extreme Ghostbusters. That is the only acceptable new Ghostbusters.
>>
>>77847035
They're really pushing Bubbline in all but name.
>>
>>77859247
>Like, "word of god said so" levels of bi.
So, not canon.
>>
File: The fuck man.jpg (20KB, 344x501px) Image search: [Google]
The fuck man.jpg
20KB, 344x501px
>>77848716
>>77848503
>we never had a beach episode
>>
>>77849385
What happened to you in 2006? 2006 was the nexus of weirdness in this timeline.
>>
>>77850947
El Goonish Shive has only a single lesbian in it. Everyone else is straight, bi or male.
>>
>>77843542
There is a lot of gay sex in those games.
>>
>>77845703
>star-crossed lovers
That means they don't end up together. That's not what anyone who still cares wants.
>>
File: 12-norm-macdonald.jpg (16KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
12-norm-macdonald.jpg
16KB, 400x320px
>>77847655
Lesbian bonobos are the norm.
>>
>>77849314
Stop responding to trolls you idiot.
>>
>>77845883
Gunnerkrigg Court wasn't ruined. Kat has always fancied birds.
>>
File: consolation_zc_resized.jpg (172KB, 520x351px) Image search: [Google]
consolation_zc_resized.jpg
172KB, 520x351px
>>77860230

Well, bisexual bonobos are the norm. But considering they're the closest to us socially and are ancestors were probably most like them, yes. Sexual and social same sex pairings of both genders are probably perfectly normal for human beings. They were probably looked down upon at times in history for complicated social reasons, either to encourage more reproduction. most likely for property passing reasons though, and to control social alliances.

It's really not a big deal and people who give a shit are quickly becoming a minority, probably mis-ascribing anger over other things. Seriously...let it go.

Let's all move on.
>>
>>77847567
>Varrick
Tethras? He wasn't gay.
>>
>>77854240
Human pain.
>>
>>77857574
I remember the early concept art. She's always had big knockers. You're a total liar.
>>
>>77860364
We aren't bonobos and who the fuck knows for sure why dyke monkeys exist or if what the do is even gay as we know it?

Plus, what does this have to do with Bryke's stupid decision in writing a crappy cartoon?
>>
File: The_Minx_06_p11.jpg (265KB, 981x1506px) Image search: [Google]
The_Minx_06_p11.jpg
265KB, 981x1506px
>>77860364
There's nothing normal about human beings in the animal kingdom.
>>
>>77860531
They're pretty sure it's rape to show dominance, since bonobo societies are ruled by females.
>>
>>77860568
>/pol/: the comic
>>
File: korra1x07_0207.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
korra1x07_0207.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>77859956
You have to settle for the pool consolation prize.
>>
File: blame.jpg (138KB, 648x458px) Image search: [Google]
blame.jpg
138KB, 648x458px
>>77860592
There's a lot going on in that comic.
>>
>>77860584
If that's the case, invoking them as examples of gays in nature as a good thing should be denounced.

Man, I hate when people treat nature as CAN DO NO WRONG GAIA PEACE MOTHER EARHT ZEN FLOWERS. It's why Korra fucked everything up with the Spirits.

Quit thinking something is good because of poetic language. /b/ can talk up REKT threads poetically like some Renaissance scholar and that doesn't mean they magically stop being awful.

Just like all the praise this show gets.
>>
File: image-05-large.jpg (85KB, 672x480px) Image search: [Google]
image-05-large.jpg
85KB, 672x480px
>>77860584

I've been studying bonobos for years, it's not rape to show dominance.

Bonobos are one of the few animals that don't rape, actually. They have a pretty complex negotiation for consent. They're just nice in general.

Females fuck females and males fuck males for fun, and to strengthen bonds and diffuse tension, like make-up sex. It avoid fights, makes everyone get along and be happy. But same sex relationships are super important for both genders.

I actually somewhat disagree that they're ruled by females. They're really egalitarian.

Female bonobos are physically weaker than male bonobos, still. So, male bonobos bear more responsibility for not attacking weaker bonobos...because they would do more damage.

Bonobos tend to side with the weaker bonobos during physical conflict. Why? Probably just because the stronger bonobos can do more damage, again. Bonobos don't do dominance through fighting, either. The most important thing is harmony, and getting along, and peace.

The "alpha" bonobos are the nicest ones, who smoothe tensions among others. Look up Kanzi, an Alpha Male in captivity. He even tries to calm down a fight between his trainer and another bonobo! That's what being an "alpha" bonobo is all about, making others get along.

As for what it has to do anything, both bonobos and dolphins are the closest to us sexually, and do same-sex pairings. Makes sense that we do, too.
>>
>>77860683
But lesbian rape is excellent. It should be like a fine at most.
>>
File: brass monkey.jpg (141KB, 627x463px) Image search: [Google]
brass monkey.jpg
141KB, 627x463px
>>77860749
>I've been studying bonobos for years
Link us some of your published work.
>>
>>77860749
But we aren't fucking bonobos.

Fuck I want that species extinct.
>>
>>77860749
But dolphins are the greatest rapists of all mammals. There's no way we can compete with that.
>>
>>77860825

Only an idiot would do that here, friend.

>>77860827

We're not, upthread someone was comparing us to other animals, and another anon offered bonobos as a counterpoint.

We know that some humans are gay because...some humans are gay, anyway. Debate over.

Seriously, why do you care?
>>
>>77860827
Then build a bridge across the river they live next to, and the chimpanzees on the other side will kill them all in like a week. They aren't doing so well.
>>
>>77860864
>But dolphins are the greatest rapists of all mammals.

Another way dolphins are a lot like us. Gang rape.

I'd bet humans do it a bit more, but dolphins might be close.
>>
File: the-litch.1398833487325.jpg (140KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
the-litch.1398833487325.jpg
140KB, 960x1280px
>>77860888
Offended anons don't post Norm MacDonald.
>>
>>77860897
>They aren't doing so well.

Chimps and bonobos are both getting screwed over by human intervention.

Bonobos are not peaceful towards other when threatened. They've bitten off plenty of fingers from humans who thought they were. They will kick the shit out of aggressive bonobos and humans. They would do the same against chimps who attack them. They are strong and know how to fight. They just try to get along with other bonobos.

I don't know what would happen if chimps and bonobos met, but the bonobos are willing and able to fight. They also tend to test higher than chimps when it comes to intelligence, and stick together even when the odds are against them (chimps flee as soon as the odds are against them), so who knows?
>>
>>77860888
>Only an idiot would do that here, friend.
So claim to be a third party who was linked here by his RA, and chime in. Oh wait, you can't do that because a research anthropologist is too stupid to master the intricacies of an anonymous message board.
>>
>>77860970
But chimps are bigger, stronger, and more numerous, and neither of them are strategists. If they really did have to compete for the same territory, there'd be no contest.
>>
>>77821507

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>77861032

Chimps aren't too different from bonobos physically, though. Just a little bit.

The question is whether or not bonobo tenacity would win out.

Chimps abandon other chimps as soon as things start to look a bit iffy, as soon as they don't have a clear advantage.

Bonobos, on the other hand, do not abandon their allies. They will fight on for days for a fellow bonobo, and there are recorded instances of bonobos trying to free other bonobos from traps for days.

They also don't stop if they're outnumbered.

It's very hard to say what would happen for sure.
Chimps like easy victories where they vastly outnumber their enemies, or they flee.

For a sidenote: in captivity, when they interact, they've generally either become friends, or the bonobos outsmart the chimps and extricate themselves. The biggest issue is male bonobos interacting with female chimps. The male bonobos really don't know what to do.
>>
>>77845883
this is not a lot.
>>
File: baboon.jpg (68KB, 297x451px) Image search: [Google]
baboon.jpg
68KB, 297x451px
>>77861364
I could make so many horrible jokes with this, but I'm just too tired.
>>
>>77860364
We take after Chimpanzees more than Bonobos. Most human history it was a patriarchal lead tribes, with alpha male & female leading the tribe and betas males & females revolving around the alphas.

As time progressed we became a little more matriarchal due to settling down and farming. Males were often called for war or were killed off, so it became the females to hold on to tradition. As the familial units became less tribal and more a bloodline. Towns started up, then cities. Now days most jobs don't require the physical strength of a man. So women in society have become more equals.

However it's still in our nature to look for the strong male lead. Strong female leads were often there to promote her husband.

Bonobos are like very different. To start they're matriarchal. Females are actually bigger than the Males. Sex instead of violence is often the first thing they turn to. Quickies, sword fighting or a quick trib calms down most issues in Bonobo society. They're also less widespread than even common Chimps.

We're a lot less like the Bonobos. If that were the case everyone would be having sex toys out, clothing would be lose and easy to clean. After all you want to pound your neighbors ass because he/she's being an ass, you want path of least resistance. Then after both you finished everyone is less of an ass.

Instead we often resort to violence first, questions later if at all. We don't greet an enemy by mutal handjobs, we get a hitjob.
>>
>>77861439
>everyone would be having sex toys out, clothing would be lose and easy to clean.
It'd be the 60s?
>>
>>77861439
>As time progressed we became a little more matriarchal due to settling down and farming.

Actually, general consensus is that this was probably the reverse. Band societies (the oldest form of human social organization) are thought to have been egalitarian, and decisions made through everyone's consensus.

With agriculture, and hence the concept of property, hierarchies are thought to have arisen. The archaeological record of the earliest settlements indicates general egalitarianism than steadily became more stratified. See Catal huyuk.

I think we're between chimps and bonobos. But the theory that are ancestors were more like bonobos comes from the comparitively fewer mutations that have occurred in bonobos vs. chimps since the time of the three species' split. But we likely won't ever know for sure.

One thing that is clear is that animals having sex with other animals of the same sex is pretty omnipresent and typical.
>>
>>77859693
I'm not sure you know what "word of god" means.
>>
>>77821494
It wasn't until season 3 that I could even believe they could stand each other's presence the jump from mild acceptance to relationship was ridiculously sudden.
>>
>>77861580
But you can't compare animal motivations to human ones like that. We are the most social animal capable of language. Our gay sex is nothing like duck gay sex.
>>
>>77859647
Are they really pushing PB and Marcy? Like are they making them weird around each other?
>>
>>77849314
>Sorry if you see two men holding hands and all you can see is DICK IN BUTTS
When was the last time you saw a gay couple in anything?
It's always lesbians never gay men.
>>
>>77862735
My family made me watch Shameless. It had a gay male couple and a gay male MC.
>>
>>77862735
Most content creators are men and most are straight males.

Most straight men like the idea of lesbians and I would be willing to wager that there are more men who want to see lesbians make out/sex it up on screen than there are gay men who want to watch gay people sex it up on screen.
>>
Asami being awkward and gay around Korra is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>77863913
>>
>>77863913
Porn or gtfo.
This is essentially my stance on all lesbians.
>>
>>77845883
>menage a 3
Whoa, I forgot about this shit
>>
>>77862716
Yes, but not to the point of lesbianism.

Bubbline is not real. It's fan logic.
>>
File: tumblr_n9hj2lhO4t1s5sgjao2_1280.jpg (305KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9hj2lhO4t1s5sgjao2_1280.jpg
305KB, 800x350px
>>
File: 1416205283699.png (1MB, 1280x1679px) Image search: [Google]
1416205283699.png
1MB, 1280x1679px
>>
>>77821474
>Still mad
>>
>>77849382
>Asami
>self-respecting

Any self-respecting woman, even a gay one in the closet, wouldn't let herself be trampled over by either her beard or her partner-in-industry like she did.

It's the fact that she's has that little confidence in herself, that makes her admire Korra so much, because Korra's nothing but confident.
>>
>argue about LGBT representation in thread about LGBT representation
>get warned

fuck you, mods
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.