[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Iron Man is just another force sent by the government sent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg (774KB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg
774KB, 1500x801px
>Iron Man is just another force sent by the government sent to take down Captain America who's looking out for Bucky
Haha holy shit this isn't Civil War at all.
It's so fucking obvious they were going to do the "government hunts down Bucky" plot no matter what and only called it Civil War after Robert Downey Jr signed up
>>
So?
>>
Good.
Casuals who wanted an Iron Man vs Captain America fight get it, and the people who actually read Civil War never have to suffer through that garbage again
>>
No John, You are the civil war.
>>
Marvel just wanted a quick cash grabbing name. It's really not civil war
>>
It was known by generally....everybody on this board as soon as the title was announced that it wasn't going to be based on the Civil War comic
>>
>>77820528
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Who wants the comic version of Civil War? That book is exhibit A of how to make a shitty comic to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>77820595
>>77820528
>That damage control

Pff...tt w..who wanted civil war any way???
>>
Remember, 50 ' s Cap was originally planned.
>>
>>77820663
No one did.
>>
>>77820663
Dckeks can't even shitpost right
>>
>>77820528
>tfw I am the only person on /co/ who loved Civil War
>>
>>77820663
I know it was just used as a joke but I was disappointed when Cap 3 wasn't Serpent Society. I'd take that over any version of Civil War any day.
>>
>>77820574
Just like Age of Quiptron
>>
>>77820673
This would have just been the best thing ever
>>
>>77820502
Too bad they're just gonna make Zemo into another generic evil businessman.
>>
>>77820707
I agree. Agents of Shield will probably use them now.
>>
>>77820502
>holy shit this isn't Civil War at all.
Good? Obviously it isn't. Did you think Age of Ultron was going to be like the Age of Ultron comic? Or do you think that Thor: Ragnarok is going to be an adaptation on the Simonson arc? Hell, they're calling the Infinity Gauntlet movie Infinity War despite obviously not being an adaptation of Infinity War.

They're using the names for recognition and some of the broad strokes but these aren't adaptations.

The comic was shit anyways, so this is a good thing.
>>
>>77820701
Looks like you have a bad case of shit taste.
>>
>>77820663
Literally only casuals have ever liked Civil War. It is Marvel's single biggest piece of casual bait, was hated by comic fans while it was getting released, hated by comic fans for its effects following it, and still hated by comic fans for being a shit comic that instigated the annualized event model and making hero vs. hero overly popular.

You can always spot a casual by whether they unironically think Civil War is good or wanted Civil War in the first place.
>>
>>77820719
O ya anon, it was a real loss we didn't get a direct adaptation of Age of Ultron. It just wasn't the same without Wolverine murdering himself
>>
>>77820701
Hey man, nothing wrong with that. I fucking love the Onslaught Saga and it's my favorite event comic, but that doesn't mean it's a particularly good comic. I just have fond memories since it was my first event, as is the case with Civil War for a lot of people.
>>
File: logan.png (3MB, 1857x944px) Image search: [Google]
logan.png
3MB, 1857x944px
>>77820794
>Did you think Age of Ultron was going to be like the Age of Ultron comic?
I never thought that movie could be even worse.
>>
>>77820847
>movie worst than the comic
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. I didn't particularly like Age of Ultron, but it was by far more enjoyable and better made than the event, which was awful even by Bendis' standards.
>>
>>77820502
Only on /co/ do people sperg out over a name.
>>
>>77820862
You misunderstand me, i meant that If the movie had been based on the comic, it would've been infinitely worse.
>>
>implying this makes the movie good at all
>>
>>77820808
Dunno, man. I'm not saying it's the greatest comic in the world but I'll be damned if sitting next to the fire reading Civil War (tie-ins and all) isn't one of the comfiest /co/ experiences I've ever had.
>>
>>77821051
Even Millar himself hates the book now.
>>
>>77821003
It makes Spider-man showing up pointless, that's for sure.
>>
>>77821078
>Even Millar himself hates the book now.
Well, it looks like I differ from Millar.
>>
Fuck you I liked Civil War and I've been reading comics for over 20 years. It's no Final Crisis but to say it's not enjoyable is just madness.
>>
>>77821108
He's a 5 minute cameo to hype his movie that comes out the following year. He was always going to be a superficial part of the movie, whether it adapted Civil War or not.
>>
>>77821113
It's a good standard to set, too bad you picked the wrong specific example, showcasing your lack of critical thinking.
>>
>>77821171
>You like a comic book I don't like, therefore you lack critical thinking
Great logic, man. I'm sure you've got your GED hanging on mom's fridge to showcase that, huh?
>>
Did anyone actually think they were going to do the storyline from the comic? No one here is that retarded, right?
>>
>>77821158

What the hell? I thought they were going to do the whole "Im peter parker and I've been spiderman since I was 14" with an interpretation of spiderman we've not seen before.
>>
>>77821210

More like you like shit so you lack critical thinking desu
>>
>>77820502
And that would be a better plot than the actual Civil War.
>>
>>77821210
This isn't about a comic book, this is about Civil War. That's like going "nuh nuh muh opinions" about fucking Foodfight!
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12KB, 312x295px
>>77820502
They said it wasn't going to be based off of the Civil War comic book story line long ago.
>>
>>77820502
The thing I want to know is why Iron Man turned away from superheroics twice in a row, and will probably do so again at the end of this movie.
>>
Good.
The original Civil War sucked.
Do you really want a movie where Cap is accused of being un-american because he doesn't have an active twitter page? The only good things about the original Civil War were the Iron-Spider costume, Cloud Nine, and Hulk coming in to salavge the universe by pushing everyone's shit in.
>>
>>77820847

Wolverine is such a fucking moron
>>
>>77820528
THIS so much.
>>
>>77822356
>Do you really want a movie where Cap is accused of being un-american because he doesn't have an active twitter page?
Yes.
>>
>>77820502
>not an adaptation
>just using names for brand recognition
just like everything else in the MCU down to the characters
>>
>>77820673
that was about TWS
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.