[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CBS announced today an order for seven more episodes of SUPERGIRL,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: lead_960.jpg (96KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
96KB, 960x640px
>CBS announced today an order for seven more episodes of SUPERGIRL, providing a full season of 20 episodes for the freshman drama that launched on Oct. 26. CBS has now given additional episode orders to all four of its new fall series – SUPERGIRL, LIFE IN PIECES, LIMITLESS and CODE BLACK.

>SUPERGIRL currently averages 11.24 million viewers, 2.8/08 in adults 18-49 and 3.5/09 in adults 25-54. The series has improved the year ago time period by +46% in viewers, +40% in adults 18-49 and +25% in adults 25-54.
>>
Supergirl/Flash crossover incoming!
>>
File: cFmjguY.jpg (773KB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
cFmjguY.jpg
773KB, 2400x3600px
>tfw more qt31416
>>
>>77819868
So it's not in immediate danger of getting cancelled?
>>
>>77819927
Not immediate danger, no. It will last through the season at least. Sometime in the spring they will most likely reveal if it gets renewed for season 2.
>>
20? Isn't it normally supposed to be 22 episodes?
>>
>>77819889
Crisis when?
>>
>>77819901
I wanna lick those arms
>>
>>77819927
Ratings are going down a little bit, but that happens with every show. Current ratings are still good and have improved CBS's ratings at that time slot from 46% from last year, so it got the renewal. If it finishes well like Arrow and Flash have in the past, it'll get the second season.
>>
>>77819868
good to hear. i know /co/ hates this show but i think it's alright.

plus 11.24 million views on average isn't too bad for a new show that had some risk factor to it, especially when it competes directly with Gotham in the 8pm timeslot
>>
So they only ordered 7 of the back 9? I hope they wrap the show up well if they're not going to renew it.
>>
>>77819868
Dat pic....hnnnggg.
>>
>>77819868
IDGAF abojt supergirl but I'm happy Limitless got bumped.

I hope Supergirl cancels and gets replaced by a non-social agenda show.
>>
So I guess the +46% from last year in that same spot saved the show. I guess mini-Clark and possibly a Flash crossover would be enough to get a second season, then.
>>
It seems DCasuals will literally eat anything.
>>
>>77820239
*tips fedora*
>>
>>77819966
>20? Isn't it normally supposed to be 22 episodes?
Yes
>>
CBS can't cancel Supergirl because it might cause a feminist backlash. It's like I said before, it'll get a second season with drastic changes (Jimmy goes to the Phantom Zone) and that's it. CBS gave it a chance so feminists can't complain about old white men hating female leads, they can focus on complaining about young white men hating female leads.
>>
>>77820328
>because it might cause a feminist backlash
Any major network doesn't give a shit about hurting a couple tumblr feminists' hearts.

If a show doesn't generate revenue it gets the axe. Simple as that.
>>
>>77819927
Rating started great, but have been steadily declining. It's all gonna depend on where they level off. They're still very good for this type of show, but if they keep slipping they might not renew for second season, or give second season a lower budget.
>>
>>77819868
lol ok
>>
>>77820239
At least they have something to eat not like marvel
>>
>>77820224
>So I guess the +46% from last year in that same spot saved the show
Not really, copy is all about spinning the lie in your favor. Last year it was two comedies (2 Broke Girls and The Millers) in the same timeslot Supergirl is in.

If you take the peak number of Supergirl at 3.1 and match that against an average night of 2Broke/Millers (2.1+1.5= 1.8), then we "suddenly" see a "46%" type improvement since last year...
>>
>>77820328
That's really stupid anon
>>
>>77820342
Networks care a lot about the public perception and they're run by out-of-touch old men so they think internet = real life audience. It's nothing new, there have been cases of shows with hight ratings cancelled because the network wanted to change its image, as well as low-rated shows staying on air for PR.
>>
>>77820408

>spitting all this hot nonsense

Only prestige networks like HBO give a shit about public perception, it's why they keep shows like Girls around even when they have garbage ratings.

CBS doesn't give a steaming fuck about the spooky Tumblr boogeyman, if the show had garbage ratings they would cancel it.
>>
>>77819868
Good, I'm liking the show.
>>
>>77820328
You care more about tumblr's opinions than they do.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.