[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people blame everything wrong with The Simpsons on him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Matt_Groening.jpg (67KB, 461x599px) Image search: [Google]
Matt_Groening.jpg
67KB, 461x599px
Why do people blame everything wrong with The Simpsons on him even though he had nothing to do with the show outside of the very early seasons?
>>
>>77819667
I thought people blamed the writers?
>>
But people blame others, especially Al Jean.
>>
File: don't breed.jpg (170KB, 554x790px) Image search: [Google]
don't breed.jpg
170KB, 554x790px
>>77819667
Same reason people blame guys like Bendis or Seth McFarlane for everything. They're dumb.
>>
I never hear anyone blame Groening, everyone knows he never cared about The Simpsons that much. Futurama is where he put all his effort.
>>
He's the creator, always credited as one of the producers and often is a spokesman of the show in various different making him a good scapegoat.
>>
>>77819667
Because in the 90s he got all the credit even though he had nothing to do with the show outside of the very early seasons.
>>
>>77819739
Based si
>>
>>77819667
it's not him who draws every episode?
>>
I don't blame him for a single bad episode.

I blame him for not pulling the plug ten years ago
>>
>>77821891
Groening doesn't have the authority to end the show, just like how Seth MacFarlane doesn't have the authority to end Family Guy even though he wants to.
>>
>>77821891
Imagine some huge company is throwing money at you, you never have to work another day in your life and this company will just keep giving you money, the only reason they'd ever stop giving you money is if you decide that a mediocre cartoon shouldn't be on TV anymore. Would you really decide to cancel the show?
>>
>>77819667
>even though he had nothing to do with the show outside of the very early seasons

Maybe that's why people blame him? He should have continued to write episodes and monitor the production. Or he should've just decided to pull the plug after season 10.
>>
File: regular rabbit.jpg (13KB, 498x289px) Image search: [Google]
regular rabbit.jpg
13KB, 498x289px
His legacy is secure.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.