[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm five episodes in. It's funny but I find Diane's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 140904bojack-horseman1.jpg (59KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
140904bojack-horseman1.jpg
59KB, 640x440px
I'm five episodes in. It's funny but I find Diane's scenes and pretty much every moment that she's talking to be completely unbearable. I'm nearly at the point where I'm skipping past them.

Should I keep watching or just does her shit just get worse?
>>
File: 1448682527656.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448682527656.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
It is intentional, she IS unbearable. You're supposed to be pissed, but don't skip. It will pay off on season 2, her character development, trust me. She's a pain in the ass on the first six or seven episodes.

I remember when I started watching the office, Michael made me so cringe and uncomfortable that I almost droped it. I'm glad I didn't.
>>
>>77818047
What exactly do you find so unbearable?
>>
>>77818084
Also at the point you're at Diane is pretty one note but she gets fleshed out later on especially in season 2.
>>
Characters don't have to be likable
>>
>>77818076
Okay that's a huge relief. I watched the first two episodes with some friends and I remember looking around the room trying to tell if she was supposed to be that fucking aggravating.

>>77818084
My first impression was that they felt like they were worried they were going to get some corporate flak for "offensive" humor or whatever, so they made a cardboard cut-out of some Twitter culture warrior to follow the characters around and make "progressive" observations while appearing to be the only sane person on the show.

>>77818095
Then they shouldn't be the centerpiece of the "moralizing" sequence making up the final five minutes of every episode.
>>
It's a show about Hollywood culture, don't watch it if you can't stomach liberal opinions.

Diane's there to be the idealist to Bojack's cynic, and Bojack's character is why you watch the show.
>>
I watched it, it was pretty funny and all but damn is Bojack an asshole, I don't really feel bad for him. One of the same things I have with Rick and Morty, Rick is such an asshole I was glad he went to jail at the end
>>
>>77818127
Can you explain to me the sort of person who is intended to relate to Diane's "idealism"? I'm seriously drawing a blank here and I live in a big city.
>>
>>77818143
It's really hard to feel sorry for bojack with all the shit he's done. But Rick is completely different, he gave up his freedom so his family could live in peace. Bojack hasn't done anything half as nice as that.
>>
>>77818047
Diane is unlikable, but so is almost everyone in the show. Bojack is a selfish asshole and Diane is a late Simpsons Lisa Simpson — an opinionated proud cunt "with principles" but also a hypocrite.
>>
>>77818177
Calling that redemption is far-fetched. He abandoned his family for decades just to come back and treat them like shit and get them into trouble. Taking responsibility and ending the suffering that you alone caused isn't exactly redemption. Refusing to continue to hurt your family doesn't make up for all the years you hurt them. Redemption would be if he sacrificed himself to prevent something that he didn't cause in the first place.
>>
>>77819113
But the other characters are occasionally funny and interesting, whereas Diane is not funny or interesting at any time.
>>
>>77818047
>misogyny, the post
Just say that you're triggered. It's quicker and we don't have to have a whole thread about it.

Also, delete this useless thread.
>>
>>77819225
She mellows out a bit eventually. You also find out why she's a bitch with a chip on her shoulder. I hated her at first, but I didn't mind her by the end.
>>
File: 1376086889045.png (204KB, 998x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1376086889045.png
204KB, 998x1000px
>>77819246
>>
>>77818108
>and make "progressive" observations while appearing to be the only sane person on the show
You're biased to think that way because plenty of shows do that. She's not a Brian.
>>
>>77819523
I can tell. Brian was occasionally funny and interesting. I think this anon had the right of it >>77819113 with her being a latter-day Lisa Simpson, but miraculously she manages to be even more boring and insipid.
>>
>>77818047
we actually have so many "I'm 3-10 episodes into Bojack Horseman, does it get better?" threads. The show definitely increases in quality as it goes on, just stick with it and enjoy the ride. I get why you don't like Diane; trust me, finish season 2 first- you will not be disappointed in how the show addresses her character and her development as the token "progressive" chick into something deeper. BH plays with character cliches and tropes in a masterful way, you just have sit through the relatively dry first couple of episodes before shit starts to really ramp up a notch
>>
>>77818076
This.
Her character gets so much more unbearable as the show goes on and even Bojack is given reasons to despise her.
>>
>>77818047
Whoa, hey guys
>>
>>77818047

First, maybe learn to form your own opinions instead of running to /co/ to ask whether you should watch a show.

Second, it seems like a major problem you have with Diane is you don't agree with her views. Maybe don't be such a reactionary bitch. It's not like she's even portrayed as a writer mouthpiece or always right or anything.

Third, Diane is a pretty unfunny character and I don't think many people like her.

>while appearing to be the only sane person on the show.

Please either drop the show or just shut up and watch it, but quit making threads about half-formed opinions born out of your inability to understand a fucking cartoon.
>>
>>77818047
Diane is pretty much worst girl.

There's a lot less of her in Season 2, though-- particularly, a lot less of her muddling in Bojack's life.
>>
>>77819716
There's definitely at least one reactionary bitch in this thread.
>>
>>77819819
Not that guy (probably a girl).
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>77819819
I'm not the one who needs a character to be proven wrong in every episode in order to feel like the writers are "allowing" me to disagree with her.
>>
Is it weird that I don't hate Diane? I mean, not any more or less than the other characters. I appreciate the fact that they tried to make her realistic instead of just shoehorning her into the voice of reason/stick in the mud role.
>>
>>77819914
She's more likable than Penny at least.
>>
>>77819850
One day you're gonna get that chubby internet pussy friendo, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

>>77819869
I don't need her to be proven wrong, it was enough of a shock to discover that the imbecilic things she says are being presented in earnest.
>>
>>77819914
>tried to make her realistic

Am I watching the same show as some of the people in this thread? This is a serious question.
>>
>>77819960

If you think Diane is meant to be the only sane character/voice of reason, you're either a complete idiot or watching a different show.

Or even more likely, you get super defensive over the fact that she is the liberal character and you assume that her purpose is to preach at the viewers rather than to just be *gasp* a character.
>>
>>77820000
>you assume that her purpose is to
That is literally her only purpose.
>>
>>77820016
Just drop the show, m8
>>
>>77820016

in b4 i was only pretending
>>
>>77818047
I remember when the 2nd season aired and people were ecstatic - as if it were some wonderful, eye-opening masterpiece...

if you rewatch it later, you'll see it's not as exceptional as you thought...
>>
>>77818047
I don't get why /co/ hates her, she was fucking fine.
>>
I at least relate more to Diane then I do to Bojack, especially late season 2 Diane. When I I knew I was going to fail out of school the last 2 months were my days were basically the same as what she did
>>
>>77819960

I mean, I'm a girl in college, so I see a lot of people like Diane. They're girls who try to force themselves into these stereotypical roles: the strong, educated, feminist woman who fights for justice and peace. As a result, they care more about upholding that image than they do the causes they fight for, and develop a holier-than-thou complex over it. Diane is sort of the ten-years-later version of these girls. She never bothered to understand herself and her own wants and desires, only to occupy that role.
>>
>>77820083
>waah waah liberals

That's about it
>>
>>77820079
it is pretty good though. it broke a lot of new ground with the culture and atmosphere it portrayed
>>
>>77818152

I showed the series to my SJW feminist friend and interestingly she said she didn't like Diane even though she kind of remind her of herself.

Not sure what to make of that.
>>
>>77818152
Do you need to relate to every character?
>>
>>77820229
Isn't that how most people here feel about Bojack?
>>
>>77820251
Holy shit I was asking if there was anyone who did relate to her, can you cretins calm your passive aggressive episodes down a little bit?
>>
>>77820273
Look at your post and the post you're replying to again and then ask yourself which poster needs to calm down
>>
>>77820255
Exactly, it's a show that makes you feel bad.
>>
>>77818047
>already hates Dianne
Oh fucking boy. You'll be suicidal by the end of season 2
>>
>>77818152
Do you need to relate to every character on KotH to be entertained by how horrible and/or crazy/stupid they are?
>>
File: 1448832345387s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448832345387s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>77818047
>I can't handle people with different opinions than me and must complain about it on the internet

You must be a real hit at parties
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.