[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PVP, the comic so mediocre and bland no one bothers to talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: pvp20151130.jpg (95KB, 970x307px) Image search: [Google]
pvp20151130.jpg
95KB, 970x307px
PVP, the comic so mediocre and bland no one bothers to talk about it.

Are we supposed to be sympathizing with Jade here? Backed into a corner my ass
>>
Wooah what the fuck happened to Doonesbury
>>
>>77815430
got a lot worse
>>
Remember when this shit was still vaguely related to video games instead of incredibly lame drama nobody gives a single shit about?
>>
>>77815430
War... changes a man.
>>
>>77815415

Why the Hell are we seeing his EYES?

The shades were his thing.
>>
>>77815415
Damn, she's got huge boobs!
>>
good god, pvp is 17 years old
>>
Fatass won some webcomic award, and he took an entire Sunday strip just to gloat about it.

He didn't thank his wife
He didn't thank his family
He didn't even thank his fans in it.

He just acted like a sore winner, thinking he was rubbing his critics face in it.

I dropped the strip right then and there
>>
Holy shit I stopped reading this years ago, I just remembered it exists.
>>
>>77815415
I found this comic when I was 17 about 15 years back. It was unfunny boring shit then and it seems to me that it's boring unfunny shit now. This just tells me that mediocrity has staying power.
>>
>>77815415
>so mediocre and bland no one bothers to talk about it
I was only here to mention this.

I don't give any fucks about these guys anymore.
>>
File: pvp20071007.gif (54KB, 850x286px) Image search: [Google]
pvp20071007.gif
54KB, 850x286px
>>77816069

When was that?

Also, I remember the exact strip that made me say, "Nope, I don't need this in my life any longer."
>>
>>77815430
>Doonesbury
Please put a trigger warning on that. That was a derogatory nickname one of my college professors gave me.
>>
>>77815415

I do read it because the dude is actually capable of some solid art and his comedy can be pretty funny. This arc is fuckin stupid though; I don't think we're supposed to be siding with Jade here. Lucille has been nothing but reasonable and cool to this bunch of fuckups and only Max and Brent seem to get it. I guess Brent doesn't get to backhand Jade like he did Cole for being fucking stupid.

>>77815922
Welcome to like 8 years ago.
>>
File: pvp20151113a.jpg (109KB, 970x307px) Image search: [Google]
pvp20151113a.jpg
109KB, 970x307px
I haven't read this regularly in years, but just decided to scroll through a few comics. I still like Lucille and still like Scott's dad overall, but once I started noticing this "draw three panels normal and one panel silhouetted" trend it got really jarring to notice it happening quite frequently.
>>
PvP really is kind of a miracle though.

I mean, it manages to have none of the restrictions of a newspaper strip yet retains all of the blandness. Masterful.
>>
>>77817384

That's because in reality Scott's dad is actually a very charismatic person and you still get some of that in the comics. Scott himself has too big a chip on his shoulder, though. Even after all this time he still comes across as having this huge grudge against everybody. Dude is more successful than he probably ever thought possible, but you still get the feeling that he's bitter about stuff.
>>
>>77817597

He tried pitching it to syndicates and no one would take it.
>>
>>77817604

He came from a time where newspaper comics were the end-all for "Cartoonists" and the idea of Webcomics were best thought of as a joke or passing fad, certainly not an "acceptable" job for someone wanting to get into the field.

He and most of the other early Webcomic names ended up with wealth beyond the dreams of Avarice (I wonder if he's in the range of PA's "high six figures" numbers) but with all the anger he's directed at the Syndicates and old-world comics/dailies and the bridges he's burned, to this day he literally cannot give his comic away for free. Newspapers won't take it. It's unknown if they fear backlash from the Syndicates for doing so, or if they just don't care. You've also got shit like Wiley Miller (Non-Sequitur) who goes out of his way to mock Kurtz from time to time when he gets soapboxy. Bill Amend is about the only dude from "The Establishment" that seems to acknowledge webcomics as legit.
>>
How has kurtz not died from his heart exploding yet?
>>
>>77818151
His anger both endangers his life and keeps him alive
>>
Remember when Frank Cho did a nude pin-up of Jade?
That was cool.
>>
>>77817914
Wiley vs Kurtz? Link plz
>>
>>77817151
>>77817151

I dont recall the date, but it was quite a ways back
>>
>>77817620

Didn't Scott Fartz try to make PvP an animated series? I only remember the one leaked episode that he got butthurt over. Were there others?
>>
>>77819273
It doesn't work because her face is still a horrible triangle. She has a fucking bald spot.
>>
File: poopjokes.png (187KB, 869x549px) Image search: [Google]
poopjokes.png
187KB, 869x549px
>>77815415
>reading PVP
what is this, 2005?

also, this video is the highlight of Kurtz's career
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2tZaTIHBs
>>
>>77815415
How was she backed into a corner?
>>
>>77819995
The style is now much more organic though.
>>
>>77820231
No joke, Balmimations were actually kind of fun.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.