[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"What Could've Been" Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

File: 1387417589118.jpg (194KB, 580x929px) Image search: [Google]
1387417589118.jpg
194KB, 580x929px
Post unproduced ideas/stories or just trivia about your favorite shows

Let's start with all of that potential wasted for The Spectacular Spider-Man

http: // remarkage dot blogspot dot ca/2014/07/season-3 dot html
>>
>>77808462
>Post unproduced ideas/stories or just trivia
>Links blog
>>
Season three of YJ was supposed to have the Wonder Twins.
>>
There was going to be a vampire episode in Batman: TAS, which would have used used an old Batman foe, Nocturna, as a vampire.

For some reason S&P vettoed the episode.
>>
>nothing about Gwen Stacy
>Spidey marries MJ

So confirmed for bridged?
>>
>>77808625
so no big loss then
>>
>>77808625
I'm still so pissed off that we never got Donna. We were supposed to, but never did. I needed Dick and Donna friendship.
>>
>>77808722
Probably in one of the college DTVs.

I bet we would've gotten Kraven's Last Hunt in one of them as well.
>>
>>77808462
>Peter Parker
>Spider-tracers would have eventually been introduced

>How Spider-Man's web-shooters were invented would have eventually been revealed in a “major storyline"

>Weisman would have liked to introduce the Spider-Mobile in season 3 or 4

>Weisman had plans for Peter's parents

>Mary Jane Watson
>Mary Jane and Peter would have eventually been married

>Flash Thompson
>Flash would have been developed further

>Peter and Flash’s boxing match from The Amazing Spider-Man #8 is something Weisman would have liked to adapt

>Betty Brant and Ned Lee
>Betty Brant's and Ned Lee’s relationship would “have been important in season three"

>Curt Connors
>Curt would have been in Florida and working on a cure for Electro in season 3

>A planned direct-to-DVD Spring Break movie would have been set in Florida

>Felicia Hardy
>Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) and Spider-Man’s relationship would have been very fraught after the reveal that her father, the Cat Burglar (Walter Hardy), killed Uncle Ben

>Eddie Brock
>Eddie's placement in Ravencroft would have featured in a season 3 storyline

>The gene cleanser Peter used on Venom didn’t actually affect Venom
>>
>Norman Osborn
>The Globulin drug’s inconclusive effects could have possibly created a “more sympathetic public image” for Norman in the wake of his outing as the Green Goblin
.Norman mentoring Peter would have had “long-term implications"
>Norman wouldn't have acquired government status or power in the short-term

>Emily Osborn
>Plans involving Emily would have been executed in season 3 in the wake of Norman’s absence

>Harry Osborn
>Due to Harry’s doping, the high school's football championship would have been under review in season 3

>Roderick Kingsley
>Roderick likely has a twin brother
>Roderick's first appearance in Spectacular Spider-Man #43 influenced the decision to make him a perfume company owner rather than a fashion designer, and this decision was tied into long-term plans

>Tombstone
>Tombstone and Robbie Robertson’s relationship would have been developed

>Silver Sable
>Silver Sable would have eventually become more like “Sable from the comics"

>Hammerhead's Chauffeur
>Like all the other supporting characters, Hammerhead’s chauffeur was a specific character from the comics

>Kraven the Hunter
>Plans for Kraven were connected to John Jameson
>Kraven’s transformation would have been important in the long-term

>Calypso
>Calypso’s character would have been explored further
>>
>Scorpion
>Confirmed for season 3

>Hobgoblin
>Confirmed for season 3

>Morbius
>Confirmed to eventually appear

>By the end of season 2, the following civilian characters had been introduced:
>Morris Bench
>Hobie Brown
>Stan Carter
>Mac Gargan
>Cletus Kasady
>Roderick Kingsley
>Miles Warren
>>
File: 1447204913877.gif (739KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1447204913877.gif
739KB, 250x188px
>>77809655
>>77809595
>>
>Crime Master
>Could have possibly appeared in episodes following the gang war

>Mr. Negative
>Weisman found the character appealing

>Weisman would have liked to do a musical episode

>The show would have featured "a different variation on the [Sinister] Six each season"

>Weisman hoped to do “65 episodes that take Pete through his high school graduation” and then “continue to do DVDs telling stories of his college years”

>Some direct-to-DVD movies Weisman wanted to do included a “Spring Break movie between Season Two and Season Three, set in Florida,” as well as movies between season 3 and 4 and between season 4 and 5 - if the movies weren’t approved, their stories would have either been incorporated into the high school seasons or additional seasons
>>
File: 713943-nocturna01.jpg (19KB, 424x850px) Image search: [Google]
713943-nocturna01.jpg
19KB, 424x850px
>>77808636
Nocturna was also considered to show up in Beware the Batman, and they still considered bringing her in if they had been renewed for another season.
>>
>>77808625
Smallville Season 11 did a better "Young Justice" then the show ever did with Teen Titans
>>
File: 003.jpg (578KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
578KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>77809778
Man there is no justice.
>>
>>77808636
Allegedly, they also wanted to do something with Sandman and the Endless, but Vertigo complicated the TV rights.
>>
>>77809699
>Spectacular Spider-Man Hobgoblin
>Spectacular Spider-Man Carnage
>Spectacular Spider-Man Jackel
>we have Ultimate Spiderman instead

i want to nuke the universe
>>
>>77810024
>>77809595
>>77809655
>>77809699
>>77809778
>reminder that in some alt-universe Weisman was allowed to accomplish his S3 Spectacular plans and in another was allowed to finish his YJ plans
>>
>>77809778
>there could've been Spectacular Crime-Master
After reading him in Agent Venom, this is a lot sadder.
>>
>>77810244
>Fucking Loeb decides to make USM low-tier comedy with no depth
>Decides to hamstring and rush Avengers EMH during the 2nd season
>All because he thinks kids are stupid and can't into episodic storytelling and intricate plots
>this man had a 14 year old son who wrote comics proffesionally
>>
>>77810371
Wouldn't have been the same character though. It would have likely been Foggy Foswell.
>>
>>77810024
Would the Scooby Doo crossover have Hanna Barbera versions of the YJ cast? Or would it be YJ versions of the Gang?
>>
>>77810409
Weisman in an interview said that someone being a reporter and a crime lord didn't feel too realistic. So probably not Foswell.
>>
>>77810315
Not just season three of Spectacular, but a whole five-season deal and a couple of DTVs.
>>
>>77808636
IIRC vampires in general were frowned upon back then. Just look at how Morbius turned out in Spider-Man: TAS.
>>
>>77813287
Speaking of that show, didn't they plan on finding Mary Jane in Victorian Times in season six? With Carnage as Jack the Ripper?
>>
>>77813539
Not that we know of.
>>
I think Yost and Fine had plans for EMH, but Loeb/Man of Action forced them to fasttrack it and got them out to make way for Assemble.
>>
Shows trashed prematurely due to the Disney/Marvel acquisition:

Spectacular Spider-Man
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Wolverine and the X-Men
Super Hero Squad
>>
>>77808830
Donna would've shown up in the bridal shower episode but they couldn't fit her in the budget.

So fucking close.
>>
I have a friend who interns at WB who told me that a few years ago, DC pitched and started recording an animated show centered around Batman villains that would bring back a lot of the voice cast from TAS including Conroy as Batman and Hamill as the Joker. But it was called off because Hamill couldn't stick with it because of Disney buying Lucasfilm and new Star Wars commitments limiting his time.
>>
>>77808722
If that was the plan, I'm glad they never got to it. Peter/Gwen are best couple.
>>
>>77808722
Pretty sure I read somewhere that regardless of MJ being endgame they had no intention of adapting The Night Gwen Stacy Died or killing her off in any other way.
>>
File: 02-Versus-Brainiac.jpg (326KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
02-Versus-Brainiac.jpg
326KB, 900x1366px
>>77813643
They had plans to make season three the "magic" season, just like season two was focused on space. It was also going to feature the end of the Surtur arc.

>>77813733
At least Armored Adventures had a satisfying ending. The only loose end was Madame Masque and maybe Ghost considering his plan to blackmail Tony was ruined.

>>77813786
Not to mention Mary Marvel. Actually, the comic tie-in for YJ had plans for the Marvel and Arrow families, but they had to cancel it because the show was done.

Which was bullshit, since Batman Adventures and Teen Titans Go! (the comic) lasted years after their shows ended.
>>
>>77813733
Wolverine and the X-Men has some of the scripts released on the petition Facebook page along with concept art.
>>
>>77808462
>tfw see casuals saying Ultimate is better than this show
Just kill me. I wish this show could have gone on, but it never will and it's the worst.
>>
>>77810381
>this man had a 14 year old son who wrote comics professionally
Maybe his son hated over arching plots and since Loeb is still crying about his dead son, he decides that's what all kids like.
>>
File: a sad ayy lmao.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
a sad ayy lmao.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>77809595
>Curt would have been in Florida and working on a cure for Electro in season 3
Damn, that could have led to some good episodes and character arcs, glad to see Weisman was up to his usual self and remembering continuity and how Curt felt bad that Max got his life fucked while working at his lab.

Thanks anon, I'm sad now.
>>
File: fuck this justiceless earth.jpg (98KB, 429x468px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this justiceless earth.jpg
98KB, 429x468px
>>77810315
>Instead we live in the universe where Ultimate Spider-Man is the one that'll get five+ seasons and EMH was canceled for AA
>>
>>77813913
Now DC isn't producing any animated projects except TTG and those crappy New 52 movies. Why can't we have nice things /co/?
>>
G.I. Joe Renegades
>Interviews with the cast members on various podcast revealed a season two Bible was made.
>from what they were able to tell. The Joes were now officially a spec ops group hunting down cobra sites.
> Duke would have become "Darker"
> more of Snake-eye's past would be uncovered
> Cobra would grow in power secretly
>Jinx would have led her own ninja clan.
And I'm sure there was a lot more but it seems like the bible just like the disappeared.

Transformers Animated
>Allspark Almanac shows plans for season four included a triple changer Megatron
>>
>>77808636

Black Canary was going to appear in an episode.

The Batgirl/Catwoman episode was originally only going to feature female heroes but the executives had a mandate at the time that Robin had to appear in every episode.

The JLU Birds of Prey episode was originally going to have Batgirl becoming Oracle for a brief time after breaking her leg.

I remember reading that they would have liked to have had Nightwing around a bit but I don't know how true that is.

>>77813570

I've heard that rumor a ton of times actually myself. I forget where it originated from but it goes:

>Show cancelled
>Everyone realizes what a stupid decision it was
>Want show back
>Contracts are all a mess now so they just reboot with psuedo-sequel

Or something like that?

The idea for season six was Madam Webb and Peter traveling through time looking for Mary Jane.

Does anyone else know more about this crap?

>>77813733

And almost all of these were due to companies not wanting to help push a Disney product despite being popular shows.

Avengers is the only one that was cancelled because of Marvel themselves...
>>
>>77814618

We're getting a new Justice League show friend.

Justice League Action.
>>
>>77814663
Man, GI Joe Renegades was too good for this world, it's a shame no one watched it and Retaliation was so fucking shit that it killed any chances it might have had at a second season.
>>
>>77814907

Renegades really started picking up as the show went on and the relationships and interplay between the team was just so great. Superpowered Ripcord was my only low point but I still think that plot in general was great.

A shame it didn't make it to season 2. A damn shame. At least it had a good ending.
>>
>>77814981
Yeah, Ripcord's revival as a whole felt forced and unneeded. The team already had a wise-crack with Tunnel Rat, Ripcord really didn't bring much to the table.
>>
>>77814868
Yeah, but will it be New 52 based?
>>
>>77815354

It'll be like any other cartoon series. It'll pull from wherever it wants it's not like one of the new animated movies.
>>
>>77815394
Well, I hope it pulls more from the pre-52 era, no PC crap, has good writing, good animation, and a good voice cast.
>>
File: 14.png (1MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
1MB, 1916x1076px
Beware the Batman

>Second season was going to deal with the newly-formed Outsiders and with Two-Face and Penguin stepping up as major villains.

>The Creeper was considered as a guest hero for the first season.

>Considered villains include Mad Hatter, Nocturna, and Hush. Nocturna was still on the table for future seasons, while Hush was replaced by Deathstroke.

>They were also interest in doing a Court of Owls arc down the line.

>Before the final show was pitched, there were two other pitches: a No Man's Land show featuring the Bat-Family, and a Batman/Superman show. The former was well-received by all but one exec, who thought it was too dark. The latter was vetoed because "the timing wasn't right".
>>
Green Lantern

>Second season was going to be two arcs again.

>First arc would deal with Sinestro's fall to villainy and the rise of the Sinestro Corps. The second arc would be Blackest Night, hinted by Scar's appearance in the first season.

>John Stewart would've been in the first arc, hunting down Hal Jordan for a crime he didn't commit. Eventually, John finds out the truth and teams up with Hal against Sinestro.

>Volpe said he was allowed to kill off the characters he did because he told the censors they would be brought back as Black Lanterns.

>Kyle Rayner would've appeared as a GL fanboy in the second arc. Other Lanterns include Alan Scott and Katma Tui.

>More focus on Hal and Kilowog, since they recognized they were ignored in most of season one in terms of focus and development.
>>
>>77815354
So far, only cosmetically (Superman with no undies, hoodie Captain Marvel, etc.)
>>
File: 357142-42391-charlie-vicker.jpg (85KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
357142-42391-charlie-vicker.jpg
85KB, 344x315px
>>77815620
Forgot to mention

>WB originally wanted Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti to develop a Green Lantern show. It would've been a "black-ops" take on the GL mythos, with Charlie Vicker as the main character, with appearance from other human Lanterns like Hal. They were eventually given YJ to work on, and Volpe and Krieg were tasked for the GL pitch.

>Weisman and Vietti also made a Space Ghost pitch. It would've featured a shared universe with other Hanna Barbera characters, including a Herculoids crossover. The idea was put on hold.
>>
>>77815432
>no PC crap

Huh?

>has good writing, good animation, and a good voice cast.

Dunno about the animation, but the writing and voice cast seems good.
>>
File: sigh (2).png (47KB, 303x383px) Image search: [Google]
sigh (2).png
47KB, 303x383px
>>77809595
>>77809655
>>77809699
>>77809778
>I lived and the show died
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.