[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you describe animation in the 2000's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 200w.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
2MB, 200x150px
How do you describe animation in the 2000's?
>>
>>77805966
Not perfect.
>>
>>77805966
*whipcrack
>>
Bland
>>
>>77805966
Fetal.
>>
>>77805966
Held back by new mediums.
>>
Am I the only one with a soft spot for flash, I know a lot of people abused it but there was always stuff like homestar and happy tree friends that used it for visual gags really effectively and I'd still take zone over most over budgeted animated hentais.
>>
The age of memecartoons
>>
>>77805966
The shift to computer based animation was a messy one, filled with some lazy work and uninspired stuff that polluted the market. Ultimately, there were a few really good gems, but like all eras it was mostly forgotten crap.
>>
>>77806265
>Held back
Don't know what you're trying to say. Any time a new technique or technology is introduced, there is a decline in quality (compared to the old methods) while the technology is developed.

It is impossible for digital animation to be on the level of hand-drawn animation yet, because it's been around for such a comparatively short amount of time.

Give it 20 years. I know that sounds silly and unreasonable, but hear me out: Once that time has passed digital animation will have a comparable skill level to hand-drawn animation and still be able to churn out an episode a week.

And then something else will come along and restart the process.
>>
>>77806563
>Any time a new technique or technology is introduced, there is a decline in quality (compared to the old methods) while the technology is developed.
That is exactly what I was trying to say.
>>
>>77806607
Great! It's always good to know that I was wrong in assuming the negative.
>>
File: friendship.png (132KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
friendship.png
132KB, 600x500px
>>77806647
I like your spunk!
>>
>>77806713
I wanna touch Tea's tits
>>
>>77806325
I straight up don't like obvious uncreative flash shit especially Zone, which makes up the majority of it but then you get stuff like Super jail or Motor city which is ok
>>
2000-2005 awesome (Courage is a good example)
2006-2009 sucked balls
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.