[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled what are your thoughts on Break it Bob?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

File: Wreckitralphposter.jpg (149KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Wreckitralphposter.jpg
149KB, 300x444px
Now that the dust has settled what are your thoughts on Break it Bob?
>>
It holds up. Still probably the best Disney flick ever. Weird how they still almost pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
really they pretend it doesn't exist it is genuinely good
>>
>>77802799
Vanellope ruined it. Or frankly, Sarah Silverman. The movie stopped being about Ralph and all about a spoiled jew cunt getting her way. Way to go Gynocentric Disney Pro-Female Anti-Male crap.

In Disney flicks? The only good man is a servant to twats.
>>
>>77802799
Disney haven't made a better movie since, in my opinion.
>>
>>77802799
only disney movie to actually make me cry, and it did it twice.
volcano scene
and the bittersweet end where ralph just gives up at getting a better life and contents himself with living in the dump in a slap shod shelter while surrounded by well built houses for the reject characters.
i only teared up a small bit at the volcano but i completely lost it in a fit of tears when ralph comes to terms with the fact he isnt special and should just live with the shit that is his life.
>>
>>77802977
Not all characters in video games are Asskicker Prime: Liberator of Frozen Wastes and Slayer of Dragondogs. Some are, you know, peasants and guardsmen.
>>
>>77803038
never meant to imply the were
the message just hit home way to hard
>>
>>77802799
It's the only CGI Disney film worthy of going up against Pixar features.
>>
>>77802852
Aren't they making a sequel? Or did it get put on the back burner because of Frozen 2: The Search for More Money?
>>
>>77802799
It spends a bit too long in Candy Rush but is still great.
>>
>>77802799
9/10

Lost a full point because Sarah Silverman is a terrible voice actress.
>>
>>77802893
How? All Vanellope wanted was to 've accepted like Ralph. That's why they bonded.
>>
>>77802799
love it. I think Silverman was a good choice to voice vanellope. slightly annoying enough so the character wasn't all sweet
>>
>>77802799
>Break it Bob
You mean Smash it Sal?
>>
>>77802893
This better be bait.
>>
File: dude what.png (105KB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
dude what.png
105KB, 300x214px
>>77802893
>>
>>77802799
>>77805988
idiots his name is Destroy it Danny
>>
>>77806084
It's fucking Crush it Creel
>>
>>77804529
>film

It's a movie
>>
>>77802799
Vanellope ruined an otherwise good movie. That "call of dooty" joke was embarrassing.
>>
>>77806169
oh fuck off
>>
GUYS IT'S ANNIHILATE IT ANDY
>>
>>77806084
>not Smash It Steve
>>
>>77806235
OBLITERATE IT OSCAR
>>
eh.
>>
>>77806169
Holy shit, I study film at a high level communications school and no one uses these made up distinctions.
Not once has a professor made note of them, not once have I seen them in the many assigned articles I have read. They exist only on /tv/ only for the purpose of shitposting
>inb4 Keifer Sutherland talking about them
He's autistic too.
>>
>>77806169
>And this is relevant to my post because...?
>>
>>77802799
too much time was spent on the bug game and between Felix, Ralph, and Vanellope, Turbo only had a personal connection to Vanellope.

Overall the whole plot just felt loosely strung together, making the narrative weaker than it should have been, when compared to the likes of say, Mastermind.
>>
File: 1479559690351.png (446KB, 596x484px) Image search: [Google]
1479559690351.png
446KB, 596x484px
It had a good loli.
>>
They wasted so much money on getting the rights for all those real video game characters and then used them exclusively as background characters, most of which didn't even get a line of dialogue or more than half a minute screen time at most.
Ralph and Felix are just parodies of Donkey Kong and Mario (and the animators readily admitted that was on purpose), and Calhoun is a generic sci-fi marine (where they could have chosen any number of existing characters for that role instead). It's just so confusing that they felt the need to include characters like Zangief and Q*bert and then make all the main characters their own creations. In doing that, having actual -real- video game characters ended up taking away from the flow of the film, because you ended up wanting more of the licensed ones you know and love, not Ralph and his facsimile friends. The film would have been better if they had just used similarly generic video game parodies instead of licensed ones. Then the universe would have felt more self-contained instead of what we go, which I felt was a very poor use of the licenses they acquired. The film was, to be absolutely fair, nothing out of the ordinary. They wanted to make a "video game film", they just made a watered down Toy Story.
>>
>>77806620
the blatantly lewd shudder she gets when ralph wrecks the unwreckable rock makes me uncomfortable every time.
>>
File: Looks 30 to me.png (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Looks 30 to me.png
84KB, 300x300px
>>77806620
>those nice thick eyebrows
God yes I bet her arms have hair too
>>
>>77806769
She's a Jewish woman.
You won't find an inch of her not covered in coarse black fur.
>>
File: 1444618925982.jpg (4KB, 107x132px) Image search: [Google]
1444618925982.jpg
4KB, 107x132px
>>77806769
>>
>>77806854
A small amount of arm hair looks nice on the right girl
>>
>>77806827
>coarse
A light dusting, I prefer. Thick eyebrows are great
>>
Good movie. Horrible games. Seriously, the games just revisit the same ralph/space/candy worlds.

Why not just make Ralph it's own game and sell it on virtual console. Make a mario kart clone with the candy racer. Or make a whole game where every over world is a different game style or genre.

Guess I'm getting off topic here. I enjoyed the movie, I thought there were some plot points that could have been worked out better, and seeing Sonic's face every half hour was weird too.
>>
It was turbo-tastic.
>>
It's a good movie, it thankfully doesn't fall into the trap of relying too heavily on pop culture references and mostly lets them play out in the background. Balances humor and character drama well. The ending credits are great.

Vanellope's insistence on poop jokes etc. gets really fucking annoying. The pop song "learning to drive" montage is really fucking awkward. Some aspects of the world feel a little shallow or fall flat upon closer inspection (you can kind of hand-wave this because they are video games, but if you want me to believe these characters are "alive" I'd like a bit more to work with, especially in regards to Game Central Station).

8/10, Would Bother Watching a Sequel
>>
>>77807092
Disney literally has a Wreck it Ralph game out. I know its on iOS / as a web app. Anyone's guess as to why it was never released on eShop / PSN / Steam but they probably thought it wasn't worth the effort.
>>
>>77802799
One of my favourite Disney films

Strange because when I first watched it I liked it but probably not as much as I have grown to like it now
>>
>The sequel won't be called "Super Wreck-It Ralph"

Wasted potential
>>
>>77806270

It's Quash it Quentin
>>
>>77807738
Devastate it Darius
>>
Reduce It to Rubble Robert was pretty top notch. Vanelope was good, people just love to whine. I get serious feels when her car gets reduced to rubble. Also the villain + villain death was pretty cool. As enjoyable as Princess and the Frog's villain death.
My only issue with the movie is that Correct It Cory's romance with Killquanda seemed somewhat sudden. I get that her heart stopped trusting, and then let itself fall in love again, but it kinda just happened.
>>
File: You cad.png (256KB, 427x399px) Image search: [Google]
You cad.png
256KB, 427x399px
>>77808179
>>
>>77807786
Eradicate-It Edmund
>>
>>77802977
Well to be fair, he chose to have his house be like that. Felix could've easily built him a better house if he asked. Heck, he could've built him a mansion without breaking a sweat
>>
>>77808235
Ravage-it Roger
>>
>>77808318
Thump-It Theophilus
>>
>>77808365
Bifurcate-It Bill
>>
>>77808395
Jackie Cha--
damn it!
>>
File: pjpzHaEX1ru84yk.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
pjpzHaEX1ru84yk.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>when he smashes the car
>"you really are a bad guy"
>>
File: death cries.png (202KB, 449x252px) Image search: [Google]
death cries.png
202KB, 449x252px
>>77808910
>>
Fuck-it Frank.
>>
>>77808910
>you really are a big guy
>>
>>77808179
>I get that her heart stopped trusting, and then let itself fall in love again, but it kinda just happened.
They kinda lampshade this. What with the whole "Programmed with the most tragic backstory imaginable" thing. Which I thought was interesting because the characters know it never ACTUALLY happened, but to them it did.
>>
File: 1445825148013.gif (813KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1445825148013.gif
813KB, 303x303px
suddenly I don't give two shits about discussing the quality of the movie anymore

I mean yeah okay it's nowhere as good as blart posting but its still fucking hilarious and I'll take it
>>
File: 1419559690354.png (341KB, 323x452px) Image search: [Google]
1419559690354.png
341KB, 323x452px
Hero's DOODY?
>>
>>77806693
>In doing that, having actual -real- video game characters ended up taking away from the flow of the film, because you ended up wanting more of the licensed ones you know and love, not Ralph and his facsimile friends.
No you don't. This is one of those things where you nerds think you want something, but you really don't. If they made Mangle-it Manny into Donkey Kong and Fix it Felix into Mario and Calhoun into, say, a W40K inquisitor then A) every little fucking thing they did would be under scrutiny, B) you'd think that they ruined the characters because you had preconcieved notions, C) they would HAVE to ruin the characters because they'd be shackled into the corporate interests of nintendo/games workshop/whoever and they wouldn't want any of their characters portrayed badly for their 500 million dollar advertisement, D) it'd piss off all the people who don't like nintendo/w40k/whatever and they wouldn't go to the movie, E) every little thing in the worlds they inhabit would be scruitinized until every thread was full of 'BUT THE PDF DON'T HAVE PLASMA RIFLES IN THE WARHAMMER UNIVERSE SO WHERE DID DONKEY KONG GET THEM FOR HIS INSURRECTION 0/10 MOVIE', F) (and this is really the most important part) NO FUCKING MERCHANDISING. You don't own the rights to jack shit, you've just shelled out hundreds of millions of dollars to advertise for other people and you can't even make a fucking toy out of it.

Going with cameos only is by far a better option then trying to make recognized characters into the main characters. Which is sort of obvious as soon as you start to think about screenwriting and the logicistics and if you're not just a nerd on the internet jerking off to the thought of mario meeting sonic in a big screen film.
>>
>>77809048
Dang it Bobby
>>
I really wanted to like this movie and I really want to like ut now but damn it I just can't.

I think it's boring and clichéd and while there isn't anything really bad with it there just isn't anything good either. It's kinda mediocre. I think I had more fun watching Frozen.

Why do you guys like it so much? Honest question, no bait. I love videogames as well, and with all the licences and stuff I had high hopes, but it was just so... meh.
>>
>>77809779
I wanna smash this cunt's face.
>>
>>77810025
>I wanna smash this cunt
ftfy anon
>>
File: 1482340.jpg (1MB, 1410x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482340.jpg
1MB, 1410x800px
You know what to do
>>
>>77802799
Overrated shit with normie views on vidya
>>
>>77810781
>Citrusella Plugpucker
>Torvald Batterbutter
>Rancis Fluggerbutter
>Sticky Whipplesnit

These are not appetizing candy names. If you saw these in the candy shop you would not fucking buy them.
>>
I wanted Turbo to race with his original car, being menacingly and evil, saying Turbo-tastic and glitching everything up, but intead he transformed into an insect.

That was underwhelming.
>>
>>77802893
It was to point out how Ralph was pissed for not being recognized for his job and them he meets someone who isn't even recognized as a character. It is like a person complaining about his job meeting a war refugee.
>>
>>77810025
WITH MAH DICK!!!!
>>
File: Wreck it Ralph.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Wreck it Ralph.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>77810935
>That was underwhelming.
You're talking like a fag, anon. How about you try that again but without all that fag talk we talked about?
>>
>>77811042
I think that comparison is too skewed.
One was outright hated and treated like shit for doing what they're supposed to, the other was hated and treated like shit for being different and wanting to do what they're supposed to.
That's something else I didn't like about the movie - Raloh "proved" himself a hero and was treated like shit for leaving a game where he was disrespected. Sure he's the bad guy, but he didn't have to be treated like one. He was dared to do something and did it, but didn't get his happy ending for it. That penthouse dude was a real prick.
>>
>>77811190
The only issue I had with Final Boss Mode was that he had KC's head instead of Turbo's.
>>
>>77811190

I just wanted a bit more racing after the reveal anon.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-29-23h00m43s466.png (572KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-29-23h00m43s466.png
572KB, 1280x544px
>>77811208
>but didn't get his happy ending for it.
But he did. The nicelanders recognized that he was a vital part of the game, and his dump was transformed into a pretty decent place. He's respected in at least two other games, and more then likely news would travel and people in the arcade wouldn't be afraid of him any more. He lives in a shithole shack, but he's happy with it because he, a wrecker, managed to build something anyway. And if he's not happy with it he can just ask Felix to fix him up a new house since he's not being spat on anymore. Every game begins with him chucking Gene off the side of the building, so he already won against that cocksmoking shitbag. And he's probably keking his sworn enemy with the hottest girl in the arcade (outside of street fighter) because you know what they say about a man with big hands. Overall he's got everything he wanted and more, save to live in the penthouse, which isn't a big deal anyway when his dump became a classy place.
>>
File: 1447403995462.jpg (13KB, 285x311px) Image search: [Google]
1447403995462.jpg
13KB, 285x311px
>>77811208
>Raloh
kek
>>
>>77802799
i thought it was called destroy-it dave
>>
>>77811470
Yeah, in the end, since he saved his game.
I'm talking about how they hated and shat on him and then when he proved himself they hated and shat on him anyway, since he ruined the game as a result of them hating and shiting on him.
>>
>>77811688
>when he proved himself they hated
It wasn't they, only Gene. And Gene's a shitbag, so you have to expect shitbag behavior.

As mentioned Ralph chucks his ass out the window and sends him flying to start off every single game, and since they're getting popular that means he's getting faceplanted into the dirt from 3 stories up a hundred plus times a day now. Ralph only has to eat dirt when one of the kids actually manages to win the game.
>>
>>77810781
Obligatory "Sticky Nippleshit"
>>
total-it tony
>>
I thought it was Ruin-it Randal
>>
>>77802799
I thought Demolish-it Dustin was fairly fun. As with any pop-culture centric movie it could and should have done a bit more research on the subject material but it was nowhere as wrong as I'd have expected from a movie about videogame characters.
>>
>>77812855
>>77812876
>>77812990
wrong
it's Pray-it Paris
>>
File: 340-2.jpg (30KB, 333x340px) Image search: [Google]
340-2.jpg
30KB, 333x340px
>>77810935
I liked Turbo's final form, it reminded me of those Beetleworx from Epic Mickey.
>>
>>77806338
I have heard idiots saying "You aren't FILMING if you're doing digital! You're Shooting" or some dumb word like that
>>
File: 1345759816404.jpg (81KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1345759816404.jpg
81KB, 500x700px
>>77809250
>Which I thought was interesting because the characters know it never ACTUALLY happened, but to them it did.
Pretty frequently, I randomly wonder if everything up to this point in my life has been implanted memories and this moment was the first moment I ever actually lived.
Theres no way to tell
>>
Unsettle-It Usain
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.