[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time S7 thread also help me with my comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1448113404931.png (105KB, 381x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448113404931.png
105KB, 381x360px
I already wrote about it in a recently deleted AT thread and the few people who cared about the idea rather welcomed it, so I'll give it a try in a new thread. I developped a small scenario for AT over the past weeks and I'd like to have more opinions from you guys.

>story's set in the near AT future (+- 5 years from now, so Finn would be around 22)
>event x happened and Bonnibel went full retard, completely turning her kingdom into more or less Blade Runner style dystopy and police state.

>things made Marceline and Finn have a more or less stable relationship with each other >Marcy became an alcoholic after event x >Finn tries to be a hero by helping those who lost everything in the Candy Kingdom after Bonnie went batshit

Jake will probably be more of a side character, since he moved in with Lady since the event happened. I don't know what to do with Ice King yet, I think he'll remain pretty much the same.

Despite not having drawn for years I'm kinda talented, so it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not that much into comics though and it would, at least for now, be drawn on paper because of a lack of draw tablets.

I'd like to have your opinions on it. It's supposed to have a darker, adult undertone compared to the series, but I definitely won't cut out humor. Also I'm not really into 2deep4u bs so I think it would turn out as more grounded than S6.

Also general AT S7 and BMO half hour special thread, I guess
>>
>>77801371
>Also general AT S7 and BMO half hour special thread, I guess

Kind of sounds like you just want an excuse to make a thread about your comic.
>>
>>77801486
It is a thread about my comic. I just think that there won't be enough people interested in it anyway, so at least we can turn it into a normal AT thread if noone cares.
>>
>>77801530
You know there's a webcomic thread, right?

That's usually where people go to discuss their comic ideas.
>>
>>77801606
The thread's more for people who actually are already doing stuff and asking for critique there, less for vague ideas. The thread here though is just to know the general opinion on it, as I don't have anything else to show right now. I'll definitely make a comic (or at least try to) and post the first results there, but again, I'd really like to get some first reactions to it.
>>
>>77801606
>>77801714
Also I especially want to talk about the scenario, less about the actual drawings for now. It's something that will much more easily ignored on hyw.
>>
File: big_1432741218_image.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1432741218_image.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
shameless selfbump
>>
>>77801371
Finn's a hero and has no patience for tyrants.

The story there is Princess Bubblegum finally going full tyrant, the implications of that, and Finn having to come to terms with opposing one of his oldest friends on OOO. How does she get there? Who does she hurt along the way? The candy kingdom puts up with a lot of police state stuff from her already, why does it become intolerable? When does Finn realize his friend's gone off the deep end?

"Marcy is with Finn and a drunk" is a bizarre choice that doesn't really add anything to the story. If you're doing a Candy Kingdom Distopia arc you need to think about who's essential to the story; Finn, Jake, Bubblegum, Peppermint Butler. I guess Cinnamon Bun, they killed the other major candy person. If Marceline, the character who normally just flies away from trouble and difficult things, is around, why? How does that add to the story?
>>
>>77801371
Nice blog
Also, your idea sucks
>>
>>77802373
>The story there is Princess Bubblegum finally going full tyrant, the implications of that, and Finn having to come to terms with opposing one of his oldest friends on OOO. How does she get there? Who does she hurt along the way? The candy kingdom puts up with a lot of police state stuff from her already, why does it become intolerable? When does Finn realize his friend's gone off the deep end?

These are all ideas I started developping and want to show them throughout the comic.

>"Marcy is with Finn and a drunk" is a bizarre choice that doesn't really add anything to the story. If you're doing a Candy Kingdom Distopia arc you need to think about who's essential to the story; Finn, Jake, Bubblegum, Peppermint Butler. I guess Cinnamon Bun, they killed the other major candy person. If Marceline, the character who normally just flies away from trouble and difficult things, is around, why? How does that add to the story?
It first came as more of an artistic choice, since I myself always tended to believe Marcy would probably tend to drink a lot if she was living in "our" world.

Since Stakes I honestly believe Marceline became more mature though, less of an eternal punk prankster teen. I can't really imagine her now fly away from something like this happening. Even less since all her friends (especially Bonnie) are concerned by it. The "being together part" is, at least for now, more of an idea than something already carved in stone. People would start just talking about
>Finn needs a gurl
all the time, and at least their relationship could be somewhat possible if Finn mans up until then. This part isn't definitive at all though.

Another thing is, as I said, I'm not that sure if Jake should be a main character or not. Even though he's my favourite character I'd feel like he would prefer staying with Lady at home while things get worse. 1/2

>>77802462
thanks for bumping
>>
>>77802373
I also thought about bringing back the candy people working against Bonnibel in the actual series (you know, the group around Starchie), although I'm not sure if it would be a good or bad idea. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use the same people though. 2/2

Sorry if I sound more or less confused in my writings, I', really tired and the idea is still getting developped. I'm open for any improvments and suggestions.
>>
>>77801371
This sounds real fucking bad and retarded. And the worst thing about it-I'm sure current storyboarders would go for something like it if not for the pg rating.
>>
>>77801371
I like the idea, but I'm unsure about some parts of the story developments. I don't know what to think about Jake. You should draw some sketches first though, and develop it further in the webcomic thread.
>>
>>77802994
I'll definitely do that, some opinions are always nice though. I don't want to start off with something completely fucked up from the beginning.
>>
shameful selfbump
>>
>>77803973
last shameful selfbump
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.