[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time an animated Christmas special acknowledged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Vlcsnap-2013-07-28-12h13m51s34.png (325KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-07-28-12h13m51s34.png
325KB, 512x384px
When was the last time an animated Christmas special acknowledged what Christmas is actually about?
>>
>>77801231
Probably over a decade ago, it's now just a corporate holiday that aims to suck the cash out of everyone's pockets.
>>
>>77801231
The Cleveland show had a nativity I think
>>
>>77801231
Shopping? I don't remember one. They always comes with bulshit like Christmas spirit or stuff that nobody cares anymore like Soos.
>>
what is Christmas about?
>>
But the Powerpuff Christmas special stated outright that it's all about the presents instead. Are you saying the PPG are wrong?
>>
American Dad had a couple of Christmas episodes with a vaguely Christian theme
>>
File: solstice_deer.jpg (31KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
solstice_deer.jpg
31KB, 240x200px
You tell me, OP.
>>
I thought Christmas was about getting drunk on rum mixed with eggnog over at your relative's house and scaring their children with your inebriated ramblings.
>>
>>77801389
No, that was Family Guy
>>
>>77801735
You sure you're not thinking of Dexter's Lab? Or did both of them do that?
>>
>>77801819
And it was pretty recent if I recall.

So there you have it OP, Family Guy is the last defender of Christian values in TV
>>
One of the first episodes of Rick and Morty was a Christmas episode where Rick yelled at everyone for not appreciating that Jesus Christ, their savior, was born on that day.

Weird, considering he seems to be an obnoxious atheist in later episodes.
>>
>>77801882
Or rather, completely in character, because Rick just kind of likes to shit on people having their petty, materialistic fun just as much as he probably likes to shit on people getting up their own asses with religious fervor. It doesn't matter if he believes in it, if its an opportunity for him to make people feel bad, he'll take it.
>>
>>77801389
It did. But then it just ended up being a complete retelling of Die Hard with Cleveland Show characters.
>>
>>77801231
You mean presents and Santa? They still do.
>>
File: i'm not a rapper.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not a rapper.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>77801796
>>
>>77801799
>implying "Christmas" wouldn't become "every other Friday night" for most of us if that were the case
>>
>>77803155
Most Friday nights don't have eggnog, anon. It's just not the same.
>>
>>77801819
No it was American Boy
>>
>>77801389
>>77801819
>>77801861
>>77802185
>>77803595

Just posting the pic from the episode to show that The Cleveland Show did in fact, do a nativity scene. The whole episode is a Die Hard retelling as Cleveland deems it to be the greatest Christmas story of all time and tells it to the family in order to keep their spirits up while freezing their asses off.

Family Guy had Stewie playing the role of Jesus in a nativity scene in the Season 3 episode "A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas" and in the episode "Jesus, Mary and Joseph" from Season 11 Peter retells the the story of how Jesus was born.

As for American Dad, they had Roger playing Jesus in the episode "Season's Beatings" as part of a Christmas pageant. Stan wanted to be Jesus and kicks the fuck out of Roger while in costume and is reported on the news as having shouted "Anti-Jesus Slurs" which were actually about Roger himself ("You don't deserve to be on that cross you lazy, wine-loving bisexual!").
>>
File: 3aps10_006_STILL-0167.jpg (275KB, 653x367px) Image search: [Google]
3aps10_006_STILL-0167.jpg
275KB, 653x367px
>>77805668
Was so busy listing off each instance of the Seth shows references to Jesus at Christmas time that I forgot to post the pic from TCS.
>>
Remember when the Muppet Christmas special was banned from tv reruns and never released on vhs or dvd because of all of the references to Jesus?

I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3wPl7bdFQ
>>
>>77801231
EEnE taught me that Christmas is about getting raped
>>
>>77801359
>now
>>
>>77801882

It's funny because Rick is a foxhole atheist

When he was really close to dying in the void in the season 2 premiere he was down on his knees praying

that being said if I were as smart as Rick and couldn't find a way out of a situation I'd probably be scared shitless and start praying too because God is just about the only way to be saved from something like that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.