[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of ultron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (304KB, 864x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
304KB, 864x1280px
>It will make 2 billion
>it's darker, no quips
>Ultron will be threatening
> joss Sweden made on descent marvel movie, therefore this will be great!

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>77795259
It's been done before.
>>
>>77795259
The marketing made the movie out to be something it wasn't so everyone was let down when it turned out to be a lot more lighthearted then the trailers made you believe.
>>
>>77795259
>straw man after straw man

Where did this thread go wrong?

In the OP
>>
>>77795259
Tell me /co/, is this the fate of the Russos next?
>>
I think the biggest flaw of this film is that it was pretty much filler. When we knew what was coming next, it all felt so inconsequential.
>>
>>77795259
>It will make 2 billion
Nobody actually believed this, although the general opinion was that it'd outgross the first one.

>it's darker, no quips
While it was said to be darker (and it kinda' was, in theory), everyone involved always mentioned a very present humor element.

>Ultron will be threatening
He did his job.

>Koss Sweden made on descent marvel movie, therefore this will be great!
It was not bad. People were much too hyped for it, imho. That's the same pitfall that might drag down BvS.
>>
>>77795374
This is the problem of the shared universe model as presented by Marvel Studios.
>>
>>77795468
Literally all those apply to civil war
>>
>>77795857
Literally none of them do.

>People assume it might break $1 billion, but there are no real indicatives of its box office performance yet.

>It's been said to be darker than the Avengers movies, and it will, because it has the same tone as TWS, which, mind you, was not devoid of humor.

>Ultron being threatening doesn't apply at all.

>The hype levels for Civil War aren't nearly as stratospherical as the ones for Age of Ultron. Naysayers are even using this as "proof" the movie will flop.
>>
I think Marvel needs to stop advertising future films and just let films be films. There was no reason to tease Infinity Wars so much during this, or Ragnorok.
>>
I really don't get all the Age Of Ultron hate it wasn't great but it was better than the mess that was the first one. The only real low was the Widow/Hulk relationship but that was at least built towards in the first movie.
>>
>>77795259
Nowhere, it was a great movie and there is nothing wrong with quips.
>>
>>77795937
But they didn't, really.
>>
>>77795961
They had several times hinting at the Infinity Gauntlet. Like the Thor visions, and all that Ragnorok buildup. It felt distracting.
>>
>>77795983

Iron Man 2 had a ton Avengers build up and Thor only threw him earth because of Avengers Cap threw its second half away to rush the plot to an end and justify him coming to our time...
>>
Every movie in Phase One built up to The Avengers. Age of Ultron wasted most of its time building up future movies.
>>
File: redd reddington.jpg (33KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
redd reddington.jpg
33KB, 960x719px
>>77795337

probably not...I hope.

I was way too overhyped for this, I thought this was gonna be the Empire Strikes Back of the MCU...instead it felt more like filler to me.

shame I loved Ultron or at least the performance James Spader gives. I know Spader could nail a more comic accurate Ultron based on the trailers.
>>
File: Capture.png (394KB, 1485x241px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
394KB, 1485x241px
>>77795259

Age of Ultron is a pretty good movie, not better than Avengers though.
>>
>>77796142
>Rotten Tomatoes
>The page that gave SP3 a fresh rating.
>>
>>77796091
This. In fact, it's almost like a pattern...
>>Iron Man - Film onto itself.
>>Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor - Build up to Avengers.
>>Phase 2 and Phase 3 - Build up to Infinity Wars.
>>Infinity Wars, Phase 4 - 6 - Build up to ???
>>
I think the problem with the MCU is becoming increasingly apparently, a lot of it relies on fans being hyped for the next film and not noticing the contradictions in the films and puzzle pieces only put together by fan theory.

For example, remember how in Iron Man 2, Tony invents a new element, and fans theorized that his dad discovered the element by tampering with the Cosmic Cube? That's all fan theory. Nowhere in the film do they state this, and they won't ever now since in IM3, Tony got his chest piece removed.
Speaking of, the ending to Iron Man 3. Tony blows up all his suits, and yet enters Age of Ultron not only with his own suit, but the same legion as well as the Hulkbuster. I debated long and hard with /co/mrades, but even if he destroyed the suits cause they low quality, the ones in Age of Ultron were still destroyed just as easily.
And now in AoU, we have Iron Man and Hawkeye both going into retirement, no wait, they are gonna get out of retirement for Civil War next year.
Hell, even Avengers' "In a few minutes I will know all of SHIELD's secrets" and yet HYDRA happened in Winter Soldier.

Look, I'm not trying to do a nitpicky thing, but it's kinda transparent that they MCU is kind of making this thing up as they go along and it leads to recycled plots of characters "never _______ again" only to undo that in the next film. (Thor never being able to see Jane again ending). With so many "conclusive" endings immediately being undone, it starts to get a bit tedious.
>>
>>77796298
The problem now is that all the non-avenger movies are basically filler.

Casuals only watch the Avenger movies, and they won't bother to watch the inbetween movies. Thus the execs, need to pander towards these people, so they they don't get confused, which is why the non-avenger stories have an ending which reverts everything to how it was in the avengers movie.
>>
>>77796431
It's also funny how much the status quo has to be upheld too. I mean, you would expect that aliens coming to Earth would have a global impact, but it feels very minor.

Also, they never really explained the C'tarui either. They were just kinda there and all turned off when their ship blew up.
>>
File: Reed getting baked.png (149KB, 296x416px) Image search: [Google]
Reed getting baked.png
149KB, 296x416px
>>77795259
>joss Sweden made on descent marvel movie
>on descent
>on descent
>>
>>77796142
>company wars
How sad is your life?
>>
>>77795886
Remember when marvel said iron man 3 would be dark?
Or avengers 2?
>>
>>77796142
>this shit smell better than this other shit
ebbin just ebbin
avengersfags are still this desperate
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.