[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck I was thinking the other day how great it is that Civil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: civilwar3.jpg (296KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
civilwar3.jpg
296KB, 800x1185px
Fuck I was thinking the other day how great it is that Civil War isn't going to have a mcguffin plot, but fuck I forgot about Zemo
>>
A character cannot be a macguffin.
>>
>>77793450
Literally Kyle Reese or John Connor
>>
>>77793450
Rick Jones
>>
>>77793419
An antagonist isn't a McGuffin.

Also, what's wrong with ahving a McGuffin.
>>
>>77793460
They're both protagonists and they have energetic roles.

You guys obviously have no idea what a macguffin is.
>>
>>77793419
How the fuck is Zemo a mcguffin?
>>
>>77793522
He's probably thinking there'll be a "get Zemo" subplot.
>>
>>77793508
A plot device, you fuck. I don't think you have an idea what a MacGuffin is.
A MacGuffin is a plot device in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the protagonist pursues. A plot device can absolutely be a person.

Both of these characters are a McGuffin because they've effectively become a storytelling object that has no fucking personality that have to be protected for the sake of the plot.
>>
>>77793575
No, a Mc Guffin is specifically an object.

a person can be a plot device, but not a Mc Guffin.

Also, technically, all characters are plot device.
>>
>>77793575
Copy paste the whole thing faggot. Go on.

Tell us how Connor or Reese are unimportant to the overall plot
>>
>>77793625
But a McGuffin is important to the overall plot of a movie (considering one is in the movie).
>>
>>77793625
>>77793641
And a person isn't a McGuffin. A McGuffin is an object.
>>
>>77793659
A person is an object, I.E. your mother.
>>
>>77793419
>>77793575
If we say a Mc Guffin can be a person, wouldn't that Make Bucky the Mc Guffin instead of Zemo?
>>
>>77793730
OP here, that is sort of true
but yeah maybe I more meant that it's gonna end with them deciding to team up against Zemo
after Cap dies
>>
>>77793730
Yes.
>>
>>77793745
>>77793753
That still deosn't make it a Mc Guffin. A Mc guffin is an object. It make it a Plot Device, but technically all characters of the main cast are plot devices.

It's bad writing if they are nothing else.

>it's gonna end with them deciding to team up against Zemo
Uniting against a common enemy is not a mc Guffin, but it's a rather common story plot.

The only alternative is that they resolve their issue and only then identify Zemo as a threat, but it would make for a strange passing.

The important thing is that all their issues and what made them apart isn't just completely forgotten or remain unadressed, just because a common enemy pop up.
>>
>>77793608
I would argue that Mr. Memory from the 39 steps is a MacGuffin. Even he is slightly borderline given that his limited actions effect the plot.
>>
So Sokovia is the MCU version of Stamford in that it kicks off the push for superhuman registration.
That makes Tony the MCU version of Penance.
Calling now, he's got spike inside the latest armor.
>>
>Thinking that Zemo won't be equivalent to Strucker in AoU.
>>
>>77796624
I wish I would be so excited for the rest of the film since I would have no idea where it's going to go
>>
>>77793575
Its an object you retarded faggot learn 2 /tg/
>>
>>77793419
>le macguffin meme
Iron Man didn't have a macguffin. Neither did the Incredible Hulk. Or the Winter Soldier. Or Iron Man 2. Or Iron Man 3 (I think... only seen it once). Or Ant-Man.

But yeah, go ahead and tell me how every MCU movie revolves around a macguffin.
>>
So it's macguffin the new MCU contrarian word? For a while it was "quip," then "meme movie." Looks like people finally realized they didn't know what those words meant, so now they have to pick a new word that they clearly don't understand.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.