[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much do you retain from the comics you read? I find it kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

how much do you retain from the comics you read?

I find it kind of upsetting that we put in all this effort to seek, collect and read all these comics but in the end our mind doesn't remember it all.

I've read thousands of comics but in the end, I only remember the basic story premise and some impactful moments within the art... but it fades with time.

How depressing...
>>
not alot, like i dont think i retain anything at all

all the weed, xanax and booze may or may not have something to do with it
>>
>>77788709

then why even read them? is it purely for entertainment within that moment?
>>
That's normal for serious hobbyists of any kind OP, from movies to serious literature. If anything I'd be wary when a non-sperg person seems to suddenly know every single detail of a specific issue, as he's most likely just wiki'ing it.
>>
>>77788811

It's never really bothered me much when it comes to mediums we WATCH because you kinda just lazily sit there and experience it.

With comics, it bugs me because we actually put effort in READing it and interacting with it in our minds. It's sad to see it all go away like that.

It kinda makes me depressed and wonder why I put so much time into this hobby if in the end it doesn't all stay with us.
>>
Depends on the comic, I guess. I forget a lot, but I could probably give a synopis of every Kirby issue of Kamandi, for example.
>>
>>77788960
We're all just rot playing pretend..
>>
>>77789206
Then perhaps you can tell me if Kamandi's setting ever stops being a 100% sausage fest.

Aside from his obligatory human survivor love interest, I don't think I've spotted a single other female character in any kamandi story I've seen pop up here and there.
>>
>>77788811
This
Also if an issue isn't very interesting, we probably won't retain much from it
Which is why I can probably do a one man show of the Killing Joke but couldn't explain the plot of the latest batman issue
>>
>>77788809
>is it purely for entertainment within that moment?
Isn't that what the majority of entertainment is for? I suppose it's a testament to quality if you can't stop thinking about a comic or whatever but their main purpose isn't to keep you up at night.
>>
>>77788654
Doesn't She Hulk have a healing factor? Doesn't that mean she's immune to cancer?
>>
If She-Hulk found a lump, could they even do surgery?
>>
>>77790312
hey she got hulk cancer no even a hulk can beat that,not without hulk chemo of course.
>>
>>77790312
when you're soaked to the bone with gamma radiation, you take no chances.

plus cancer is your own cells reproducing too much rather than a foreign toxin or parasite.
>>
>>77790312
Dude fuck off you know damn well what the point of the campaign is
>>
Why are they doing their checks out in the field in full costume?
>>
File: The-Death-Of-Captain-Marvel.jpg (66KB, 616x297px) Image search: [Google]
The-Death-Of-Captain-Marvel.jpg
66KB, 616x297px
>>77788654
>Cancer
>One of the few things that can kill a superhero permanently
>>
>>77790434
>cancer is a serious issue and should be treated as such

No kidding, Marvel turned the concept of cancer into a multiversal threat. If a horrible eldritch monster metaphor isn't going to get people to do regular screenings I don't know what will
>>
>>77790312
Hulk's healing factor has been suggested to accelerate cancer before.
>>
>>77792003
I'm not saying that cancer can't be used in a creative way from a storytelling perspective or even have jokes based around it, but autistically analyzing an ad campaign is retarded.
>>
>>77791757
That's in public for the photo op. There are about 50 photographers jocking for position. Power Girl could not be reached for comment.
>>
>>77788654
You need to cut the wheat from the chaff.
Then go reread all the wheat.
>>
File: Claire jesus fuck.jpg (23KB, 355x392px) Image search: [Google]
Claire jesus fuck.jpg
23KB, 355x392px
So, does this mean, Marvel and DC should make a Testicular cancer awareness page as well?
>>
>>77792003
Damn that entire story was metal as fuck.
We really need supernatural type characters to revisit the Cancerverse.
>>
File: 1448067906567.png (313KB, 543x673px) Image search: [Google]
1448067906567.png
313KB, 543x673px
>>77794047
DC has been catering to the Dick Grayson fanbase lately, maybe we should write letters to encourage something more on this level
>>
>>77788654
I can remember a lot of what I've read.

But not stuff like specific issues where reallynminor shit happens like what the stereotypical comic book reader in media does.
>>
File: rudecomicsinterview cover.jpg (37KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
rudecomicsinterview cover.jpg
37KB, 356x500px
>>77789206
Top Anon.
>>77789467
Hahah! I would pay money to see that!
Also, shit, went to a UK con recently , Remender was there, the fucking queue for that guy just made me....depressed, when the 25 Years of D & Q panel with Tom Devlin and Peggy Burns was, like 3/4 full at most. Then one of the guys I went with tells me "oh yeah, Jim Gordon is Batman now", I thought: "finally, I can dimly hear the death-knell of the Big Two....they've finally run out of ideas!". I was a lot happier after that.
Not disrespecting anyone's taste in comics, just expressing my "feels".

Oh, reminder to anyone who didn't catch my thread/watch the film/wants to know more about comics history, give this Steve Rude doco a try:

http://putlocker.is/watch-rude-dude-online-free-putlocker.html
Sorry for shilling but my personal belief is that everyone with a deep abiding passion for the medium (and capestuff!!!) should watch this. Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the creation, production etc of the film, just think that MOST /co/mrades will get SOMETHING outta this. Oh as well as Allred and Neal Adams, Paul Gulacy and Dave Gibbons are in it plus a plethora of comics professionals. Give it a try, Anons.
>>
>>77794047

and they can make any gay characters be sponsors for hemorrhoids and prostate cancer.
>>
>>77789327
Teela the female dolphin is a fairly important character for a coupleof issues, and Pyra and Arna become regualrs later on.
Mainly dudes, though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.