[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Superior Spiderman worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Spock.jpg (332KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Spock.jpg
332KB, 900x1366px
Is Superior Spiderman worth reading?
>>
>>77782822
yes buy it now
>>
>>77782855
yer a hack Dan
>>
the first numbres aren't good but the rest it's ok.
so read it
>>
>>77782855
This.
>>
It's a retread of an old idea that doesn't live up to a lot of potential this iteration might have had. Now that I've had some time to cool off on it, I can admit that it isn't totally terrible, and I think there are people who do like it. You might find something of worth in there, even if I found very little, so check it out.

I do think the character was used better in Superior Team-Up, so give that and Superior Foes a look, too.
>>
>>77782822
Well... It's important for character development, I guess...
It kinda sucks, though.
>>
>>77782893
suck my manlet micro dick
>>
>>77782822
Yes, the butthurt is still strong with Peterfags though so you'll get a lot of autists telling you it was horrible, but it was fun.

More fun to read with /co/ as it was coming out mind you, and the ending is kinda shit, but overall it was a fun shake-up for Spidey (and honestly the last time I was interested in the comic)
>>
File: Onslott.jpg (75KB, 442x463px) Image search: [Google]
Onslott.jpg
75KB, 442x463px
Onslott is on /co again.
>>
>>77782949
>It's important for character development
who got developed?
>>
>>77783185
Not personalitywise, but Peter Parker's current situation with Black Cat, Parker industries works and other stuff are linked to this series.
Probably chose the wrong expression.
>>
>>77783185
MJ became an irredeemable bitch.
Everyone who comes in contact with Spock becomes a fucking retard.
>>
No. It was just shock value. It's just "LOOK AT HOW MUCH DAN SLOTT CAN SHIT ON PETER PARKER" over and over.
>>
>>77782822
I liked, best Spidey ever.
>>
>Autistic squid villain now in Hero's body
Does he hentai MJ?
>>
>>77783349
He actually breaks up with MJ because he realized how fucking creepy it'd be to fuck a dude's girlfriend while in his body.
>>
>>77783397
Not before raping her.
>>
>>77783517
Yes, before raping her. Superior has enough shit to make fun of (why does nobody think of getting a damn psychic?) that you don't need to start making up things.
>>
>LOL I'm going to destroy the world with my Death Ray in "Ends of the Earth"!
>LOL I'm going to literally swap brains with my arch nemesis and steal his body!
>However sexing dead hero's wymen is just wrong!
Wtf kind of logic is that?
>>
Superior foes is better
>>
Dan Slott has never written a satisfying ending, and this is one of the highest examples of that.
>>
File: latest.jpg (201KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
201KB, 688x1044px
>>77783580
>before raping her.
Explain this then
>>
>>77782989
>Yes, the butthurt is still strong with Peterfags though so you'll get a lot of autists telling you it was horrible, but it was fun.

Not even a peterfag and I can tell you you're delusional. The main book itself was shittier than a compost bin. The Superior Team Up books were the only things that salvaged the concept of Superior Spider-man.
>>
>>77783580
It's sort of implied in the superior/hulk/x-men crossover that SpOck figured out a way to keep psychics from reading his brain. I mean, if Magneto's helmet works it can't be that hard
>>
>>77783632
>>77783397
That's actually not what happens, he breaks up with MJ because he concludes she's part of what holds Peter back.

It was a utilitarian decision, not a moral one. Essentially he decided she was a basic bitch
>>
>>77783661
If it werent for that page it might have been a satisfyimg ending.
You know what page I'm talking about
>>
>>77783678
>comic covers
>true

How new are you?
>>
>>77783713
He didn't figure out an actual way. The only way he kept mind readers out of his noggin was him yelling "IF YOU READ MY MIND I'LL SUE"
>>
>>77782822
the only significant things that happened was the establishment of Parker Industries and Black Cat turning evil.

As a self contained narrative it's next to worthless, especially now that ANAD Peter is doing a better job of being a gadgeteering Spidey than Spockter Doctopus
>>
Ok that makes sense.
>>
>>77783713
He didn't figure shit out. Everyone just suddenly respected privacy around him.
Wizard read his mind and got dropped 5 stories.
>>
File: BatLaugh.jpg (66KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
BatLaugh.jpg
66KB, 500x578px
>Spockter Doctopus
>>
File: thanos-cosmic-cube-spider-man.jpg (121KB, 545x308px) Image search: [Google]
thanos-cosmic-cube-spider-man.jpg
121KB, 545x308px
>>77783759
>You know what page I'm talking about

Of course.

But I think that all the reasons that Spock failed and that Peter did better in the last stretch were convoluted and retarded.
>>
>>77783785
Right, but that was very early in his spidey career, by the x-men crossover I'm talking about he has a throwaway line about "psh there've been ways to protect from mind reading for decades"
>>
>>77783759
There were like a lot of pages in that issue that were bad, though
>>
>>77783918
He said that whole suing thing in the x-men crossover so I don't exactly know what you're going on about.
>>
>>77783262
Actually the presence of Spock just accentuated how retarded everyone around Peter was to begin with. Practically everyone in Peter's life is an idiot and held him back from his full potential.
>>
>>77783972
>Actually the presence of Spock just accentuated how retarded everyone around Peter was to begin with.

You mean Slott was writing badly
>>
>>77783992
lol I get it! You think Slott's writing is poor so you use a shitty passive phrase with no ending punctuation to prove it. Very clever.
>>
>>77783860
Yeah the whole "SpOck was inferior befause he got his drones hacked" argument is pretty weak

I mean, how was Peter any more likely to spot the goblin gangs on his bumfuck random patrols? If they were that obvious then the cops would be talking about them and SpOck would find out by proxy.

All of Spock's faults by the end we're totally contrived and manufactured. Killing villains was never convincingly shown to be a bad thing. It was explicitly stated that he arrested 4x as many criminals than Peter did on average. He took the Kingpin out of New York.

Hell, in the end when Otto gave his body back to Peter so he could save the day, he didn't even do anything creative or interesting. He just swung at Norman and stabbed him with the antidote Otto created
>>
>>77783949
Not the first issue of Superior team up, the 3 issue crossover with the baby xmen and the hulk
>>
>>77783972
They were just acting out of character. I can't remember what site it was, but either IGN or Bleedingcool put out an article near the end of SSM on how everyone needed to act out of character for it to work.
>>
>>77783713
Wasn't it implied that Wolverine figured it out like right away?
>>
>>77782822
unfortuatly
>>
>>77783262
But that was Longshots fault
>>
>>77784247
That was in his first crossover issue, and it wasn't really implied Logan was just "yeah you're acting like a dick, read his mind" since xmen are used to that kind of shit

The bit where he implies he has safeguards in place happens way later, which he probably enacted in response to that first encounter
>>
Yes. It was a great read. It was always obviously temporary rather than a full staus quo change, but it played out very well and they gave it plenty of time to breathe.
I wish it had lasted longer honestly.
>>
>>77784154
>Yeah the whole "SpOck was inferior befause he got his drones hacked" argument is pretty weak

It's actually pretty valid given that he was supposedly using those drones to keep an eye on everyone to keep them safe. He's supposed to be a tech genius yet he couldn't notice that his drones were wonking out just for looking at a spray painted goblin on a wall.

>t was explicitly stated that he arrested 4x as many criminals than Peter did on average

Spider-man does more than arrest criminals though. In the end he resorted to just leaving other shit to chance by having cops and firemen do things when he could swoop in and get the job done more efficiently.

> He took the Kingpin out of New York.

Which created an underworld power vacuum with top mobs bringing fighting out onto the streets for top dog. Tombstone, Mister Negative, and even Black Cat (thanks to "her rep" being "destroyed") all vying for the Kingpin's throne is causing violence in the streets that most likely wouldn't be there if Kingpin were still around.

>>77784247
He had a hunch, got sucker punched, then when they managed to calm SpOck down to try and read his mind he threatened back with a lawsuit.
>>
somebody should dump it
>>
>>77784347
Yeah 2 years would've been better. Honestly I would've loved if Goblin Nation had been the halfway point, where he defeated Norman but had his identity exposed in the process. Then we could've had a second arc of Otto on the run from the Avengers
>>
>>77783185
Otto.
>>
>>77784995
the otto who got character development died. the backup otto was made at the height of his narcissistic tenure and learned nothing
>>
>>77782822
It starts good but there's a lot of problems with it.
>>
>>77782822
One of the best Spidey stories of all time, up there with original, Ultimate and Straczynski. Buy the trades, hunt down the floppies, find variants and buy copies to gift your friends and neighbors.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.