[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-Stereotypical "Evil Business Man" villain executed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Ant-Man-Movie-Poster-640x949.jpg (242KB, 640x949px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man-Movie-Poster-640x949.jpg
242KB, 640x949px
-Stereotypical "Evil Business Man" villain executed in the most obvious way possible
-None of the actors putting in any real effort
-lame quips of dialogue just to fill time

Why do people like this movie?
>>
>>77779863
>lame quips of dialogue just to fill time
I think you mean "comedy," anon.
>>
>>77779879
Comedy only counts if its funny.
>>
It's being compared to other marvel movies

If you eat shit

Then you eat dominos pizza

Obviously dominos will look far better in comparison, but its just shit
>>
>>77779863
>Stereotypical "Evil Business Man" villain executed in the most obvious way possible

While that is mostly true, his execution had at least some nuance and effort. He wasn't '' greedy businessman doing evil cuz money'', his entire motivation is devoted to beating Pym, he's obsessed with defeating his mentor in every way possible. It's not the most original thing ever, sure, but it was well thought out.

>None of the actors putting in any real effort
Oh fuck off. I can agree that not everyone was in their A-game, because come on this is capeshit, but Douglas knocked it out of the park.

>lame quips of dialogue just to fill time
>>77779879 , unlike Avengers, the quips and jokes work and the don't break up the mood, cuz this wasn't written by a complete hack.

Man, Ant-Man wasn't the best, but it was still bretty fun.
>>
Had the most over the top villain of these movies since Red Skull...and that's not a bad thing
>>
>>77779989
>but Douglas knocked it out of the park.

He was barely awake. You could tell this was a paycheck for him.
>>
>>77779863
It was fun OP. Fun.

Remember? That thing we have in our downtime? Like seeing a movie for entertainment? Or reading a comicbook?
>>
>>77779863

ANTS
>>
The bar was super low for this movie,so since it wasn't complete dog shit people give it some praise.
>>
Would have been better without the spic sidekick.
>>
>>77779989
Damn dude, how are you seriously sitting there defending Yellow Jacket, literally the laziest most cookie cutter villain Marvel has made to date with an already extensive list of lame cookie cutter villains?

No, evil protégé is not a nuanced character.
>>
>>77780946
The world would be better off without you, anon.
>>
>>77780071
I generally have more fun watching good movies than I do watching shitty movies
>>
>>77780946
He was by far the funniest character in the movie though.
>>
>>77780991
Yellow Jacket was a better Ultron than Ultron.
>>
>>77781063
>Poor man's John Leguizamo was the funniest character
>>
>>77781124
Yes, he was.
You can decide for yourself what that says about the movie.
>>
>>77780011
No you are retarded
He was hands down the best part of Antman
>>
Have we reached the part of the cycle where /co/ says it's shit?
>>
>>77781178
No /co/ overall loves it.
Its just a a few faggots that like to shit post
>>
>>77781076

came here to post this. Ant-Man was facing the real Ultron while the Avengers beat his half-retarded twin brother Quiptron.
>>
>>77781178

We hit that only a couple days after it premiered. There will always be contrarain faggots.
>>
>>77781076
>>77781243
My niggas
Also is costume was fucking GOAT
>>
>>77780011
>He was barely awake

That's just because he's old.
>>
>>77779863
>this thread

Talk about not putting any effort into something.
>>
>>77777777
?
>>
>>77782240
why do you do this? why in this thread?

>>77779471
>>
>>77779863
Evil business man was sold by one of the greatest actors recently coming to the spotlight. Sure, there should have been a little more of his past explaining how he went over the edge but the acting was great

Douglas sold it. He talked about the character a lot, and a lot of that is marketing. But he even was there with Paul Rudd when he got his star in hollywood. There was a lot of subtle acting in this you don't get with superhero shows

situational humour is not quips, it had far fewer quips than other marvel movies. Just cause it's funny doesn't mean it has quips. The humour worked better here because it was better written and was about situations and characters, not jokes.

I loved it
>It is actually a story about fathers and daughters
>based douglas
>ants were great
>lily was the perfect female lead
>>
>>77781166
But he wasn't Michael Peña's Luis
>>
>>77779989
He could have taken Hope, minbroke her, and send a video of degrading sex to Hank.

A lot better and cheaper way of surpassing him.
>>
File: the_shygddt_awakens.png (423KB, 599x436px) Image search: [Google]
the_shygddt_awakens.png
423KB, 599x436px
>>77781016
>taking entertainment this seriously
>>
>>77782480
>implying she didn't already do that to the parent she detested at the beginning

she probably did a lot of senseless lashing out at him. She kicked him out of his own company
>>
It was a great cool-down film before Civil War. Age of Ultron disappointed a lot of people and we got somewhat bored of the huge scale and stakes, just wanted a smaller story.But then Ant-Man happens in the middle of summer with the spanish music over the Marvel logo, and the story was small and fun to see. It was a film to introduce Ant-Man before Civil War. It's like going to golden corral the day after prom. You sort of get overhwelmed at prom itself, but the next morning you're chilling and cooling off.
>>
>>77782612
>It's like going to golden corral the day after prom

What the hell kind of analogy is that? I'm not going to enjoy golden Corral no matter how low you set the bar, and it's definitely not a "comfy cool down" restaurant.
>>
>>77779863
Evil Business Man was fine, because he was a moustache twirler that didn't waste our fucking time.

Moustache Twirling is fine if you're making a goofy movie about shrinking thieves. The villain is over the top and amusingly cruel in basically every moment he was on screen so he was fine
>>
>>77780011
>He was barely awake.
He needed to be a hard-ass intelligent but smart-alec old-man that has a few anger management issues compounded by a guilty conscience about being responsible for losing his wife.

He got that on the nose (watch it again and pay attention to his brow when he's getting worried or pissed).
>>
>>77782778

Cross is really effective because he starts off as a mundane sort of heartlessness and just has a complete psychotic break as the movie goes on.
>>
>>77783657
I love the subtle acting in this movie. Watch when him and Hope are in a room together, they are always leaning away from each other, like there is something pushing them away. It's fantastic
>>
>>77779863
2 words: Gregg Turkington.
>>
File: 1436556600700.jpg (227KB, 2160x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1436556600700.jpg
227KB, 2160x1216px
>>77783716
The look on his face when the building dissapeared upset me
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.