[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was bretty gud tbph. Never thought about it before but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

This was bretty gud tbph. Never thought about it before but it makes total sense their father is Time. Also, was the cat supposed to be Desire?
>>
>>77778431
>Also, was the cat supposed to be Desire?

It's literally not only stated but also shown at the end, so yes.
>>
>>77778473

they said the cat wasn't Dream but they didn't flat out say it was desire, or show it, i didn't catch on until Hope said "want it" and the cat said "yes"
>>
File: 25.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>77778534
What?
>>
>>77778590
wtf, whoops
i stopped reading when he got caught at the end because the credit page was opposite, i thought the rest of the book was bonus material.
>>
Something I didn't get until I read the whole thing a second time was the idea of people dreaming together to create a new reality, i.e. what happens in Dream of a Thousand Cats.
>>
>>77779973

I still don't entirely get the aspect of him dying in the beginning; it wasn't like when he dies in the original series and is replaced, this was like just some random facet of him disappearing, but they made it clear it was a Death, I also didn't get how exactly he died, was it the Mad Star?
>>
>>77779973
I get the idea of it and everything but as a climax it kind of bugged me, it seemed like way too much of a deus ex machina even for Sandman. " s***, the universe's ending, we'll just dream a different one!"
>>
>>77778431
I loved it, thought it was beautifully written and designed.

>father is Time
What I thought was interesting is that Night is Dream's mother. So does that mean she mothered all of the Endless? Or just Dream specifically?

>was the cat supposed to be Desire?
Yes. Desire tricks Dream into thinking that (s)he is an aspect of himself. (S)he manipulates him a lot through the series.
>>
>>77780812
>aspect of him dying in the beginning
>it was a Death
Yeah? What about it? Things must live and die, Anon. Even the Endless will pass someday.

I take it as the catalyst of the story - it's what sets in motion Dream leaving off to correct misdeeds
>like he's always doing

>didn't get how exactly he died
Death states that she TOOK him. That flower aspect of himself was set on fire.

>was it the Mad Star?
No.

>>77780922
>deus ex machina
Yeah, in a sense, that kind of bugged me too. But also... He IS Dream.
>>
Should you read sandman before this, or is it pretty stand alone, givin the title.
>>
>>77781366
You should read it before. You probably won't get the main spoiler without context, but still.
>>
>>77781024

probably the most beautiful comic i've ever read
>>
>>77781359
>Yeah? What about it? Things must live and die, Anon. Even the Endless will pass someday.

my point was why is he still around then? he wasn't still around when he died in the Kindly Ones, why didn't a different aspect take over like Daniel eventually did?
>>
>>77781366

definitely read the series first, the entirety of Overture is a love-letter to the fans, many revelations will have zero impact if you have no context for them
>>
>>77781366
>>77781473
Well, it is a prequel - so I think it could be read initially.

BUT it does connect a lot of dots or develop some plot points that happen later in the series, so I'd almost say to read those first. Then come back to Overture.

>>77781485
I'm that Anon and, yes, I agree.

>>77781518
In the Kindly Ones, Death takes Dream. In Overture, Death takes an aspect of Dream. It is him; but not him. Confused yet?
>>
> he didn't see the Father Time trope coming from a mile away.

Goodness gracious great balls of fire!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.