[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's kind of funny that Marvel has two faux Justice League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: Just Us Leagues.jpg (206KB, 1139x832px) Image search: [Google]
Just Us Leagues.jpg
206KB, 1139x832px
It's kind of funny that Marvel has two faux Justice League books right now

And that they're both a lot more powerful than any of the Avengers teams

Why is DC never able to really pull out a good faux-Marvel team? Is it just because DC's characters are a lot more archtypical? Does Marvel's brand of cynical "realism" just attract more pardody/satire/homage inclined creators?
>>
Who is the black ultimate guy?

Stopped reading Ultimate before Cataclysm and it doesn't seem like it got any better.
>>
>>77772168
I wouldn't really call The Ultimates a faux Justice League book. Squadron absolutely is but that's kinda the point.
>>
>>77772168
>not a single white men on the left team
so progessive
>>
>>77772191
The Ultimate universe is gone. The new Ultimates team is a 616 team.

Black guy is Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear.
>>
>>77772191
Well he is black and he seems to control Lightning. I'd wage his name is black lightning
>>
>>77772212
>Galactus
>not a white man
Don't be a bitch your whole life.
>>
>>77772212
Galactus is white.
>>
Avengers is a shit team.
X-Men and Doom Patrol were somewhat similar ideas.
Who would be DC's FF?
>>
>>77776666
>>
>>77772237
>he seems to control Lightning
Anti-matter, actually. But yeah, it tends to just look like lightning.
>>
I liked when Dr Strange soloed the entire Justice League equivalent. It really showed just how vulnerable they are to magic.
>>
>>77772425
Technically Black Bolt took out Green Lantern and Namor took out Martian Manhunter, so it was only Batman, Superman, Flash, and Tim Hunter/Dr. Fate.

But still, yeah.
>>
File: MAGIC.png (365KB, 607x727px) Image search: [Google]
MAGIC.png
365KB, 607x727px
>>77772425
>I liked when Dr Strange soloed the entire Justice League equivalent. It really showed just how vulnerable they are to magic.
>The first DC expy he took out was a Dr. Fate/Shazam hybrid
>>
>>77772302
Challengers of the Unknown.
>>
>>77772247

Well, technically we dont know exactly how Galactus looks like. We humans simply perceive him as a white male. While other species see him differently.
>>
>>77772168
That's because the Avengers weren't a relevant team for the longest time, and by the time they got into prominence it was just a random club of metahumans taking anyone in.
>>
File: Earth_8_0001.png (788KB, 648x830px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_8_0001.png
788KB, 648x830px
DC has various pastiches, like the Retaliators
>>
>>77772425
yeah, that was some bullshit
>>
File: 3159688-superman+batman+24-26.jpg (336KB, 1127x546px) Image search: [Google]
3159688-superman+batman+24-26.jpg
336KB, 1127x546px
>>77772589
Maximums
>>
>>77772527
>Well, technically we dont know exactly how Galactus looks like
But we know what Galan looks like and it's pic related. Very much a white man.
>>
File: Angor-first.jpg (42KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
Angor-first.jpg
42KB, 400x381px
>>77772622
>The Champions of Angor (also known as the Justifiers, the Assemblers).
>>
>>77772664
That's how we, readers, see him.
>>
>>77772706
Galactus, sure. But the "looks how you imagine him" thing doesn't apply to Galan. He was just some dude.
>>
DC had the Champions of Angor for a pretty long time, but no one really cared about them. Then Loeb made the Maximums as his Ultimates expies and Morrison combined the two into the Retaliators.

We really, really need a Retaliators comic. It's a bit difficult because the Squadron Supreme only took off after the Gruenwald comic which came at a time when the Justice League weren't "relatable", there's not much you can do with Avengers proxies that hasn't already been done by Marvel themselves.

>>77772212
Why is that a bad thing? Does every team HAVE to have a white guy on it now to avoid offending you?
>>
File: Terrific_Trio.jpg (31KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Terrific_Trio.jpg
31KB, 500x372px
>>77772302
>Who would be DC's FF?
>>
>>77772755
>Does every team HAVE to have a white guy on it now to avoid offending you?
Replace white with black and/or female and this is the world works now.
>>
>>77772755
I guess the problem with making a parody of Marvel's style (heroes with personal problems who are often their own worst enemy and tend to have beef with one another) is that it's kind of become common parlance and almost the default state of superhero comics. Especially after nu52.

RIP 90s DC
>>
>>77772815
Ok, and? Does that give you license to bitch when there aren't white guys? How does that make you any better?
>>
>>77772891
one day he'll realize ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>77772168
>>77772199
The ultimates is not a Justice League analogue nigga
>>
>>77772168
Also, when is Squadron Supreme out? I've been waiting for it for a while now
>>
>>77773303
2 weeks, I think.
>>
>>77772168
Black Panther is a fairly low level super, and aren't Captain Marvel and Miss America mid-tier at best? They seem to be powering up Miss America a lot, admittedly, and Blue Marvel and Monica are extremely powerful. There's not a lot of teams Monica on her own isn't more powerful than.
>>
>>77773802
Captain Marvel is high tier, and can get a power boost from Monica and/or Adam to go Binary, which makes her top tier.

Ms. America is just a mid-tier flying brick, but she can punch holes into other universes, so she's the team bus.
>>
>>77773802
BP is peak human and can kick the shit out of CA, Capitain Marvel is really powerful actually, she has that state where she's powerful as fuck
Miss America is a shitty mary sue and because of that she's always more powerful than everyone
Blue Marvel is the most powerful superhero of earth, i think, he stomped Sentinel in his mini
And Monica is fucking Monica(although i was really mad that Miss America was being a cunt to her)
The Ultimates is the most powerful superteam on Marvel right now, and maybe ever
>>
>>77773898
Well that's the thing, yeah. Saying Black Panther "isn't that powerful" is like shitting on Batman because he "isn't that powerful".

The shenanigans he gets up to with gadgets to punch above his weightclass are basically similar, although he can obviously handle himself with out all that, too.

I always sort of liked the fact that he wasn't weird about the identity, either. Everyone knows exactly who he is and they are welcome to try him any time. Most if not all will regret it one way or the other too.
>>
>>77773872
>>77773898
Ah k. I don't know very much about Binary but it's pretty cool how they have the combo thing where members of the team can feed energy to Carol.
>>
>>77772168
Ultimates is not what I'd call a faux Justice League book.
Blue Marvel is black Superman but that's about where the similarities end
>>
>>77772212
Careful with those edges kiddo
>>
>>77773802
Black Panther is high tier by nature of being Batman+Aquaman.
>>
>>77772212
Cry harder SJW
>>
File: 432.jpg (22KB, 200x244px) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
22KB, 200x244px
>>77776034
butthurt harder, aspie.
>>
>>77776597
>implying Ayn Rand would have any patience with SJWs

Now I'm triggered
>>
>>77776597
Yeah, post the self hating submissive cumdump, man and patriarchy worshiper, socialite and part time hard right sophist to prove him wrong for triggering your sensibilities, good job!
>>
>>77772168
>Why is DC never able to really pull out a good faux-Marvel team?

Because there really isn't much point in doing a pastiche version of the Avengers unless your entire point is to parody them. They've done it occasionally as a gag and that's been it, no real interest in follow ups. Like it was with Squadron Supreme, until somebody finally bothers to give a faux Avengers team focus and proper personalities, they won't amount to much.
>>
>>77773898
>The Ultimates is the most powerful superteam on Marvel right now, and maybe ever
the Annihilators were more powerful, though not by much.

It tells you HOW powerful the ANAD Ultimates are-
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.