[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate this? >character is standing around in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: also who wud u fuck.jpg (52KB, 607x475px) Image search: [Google]
also who wud u fuck.jpg
52KB, 607x475px
Anyone else hate this?
>character is standing around in a scene, obviously doesn't have the voice actor that plays the character, so just stands around looking around.
why not just not have that character appear in the episode?! gah!
>>
I'd fuck Meg. She probably takes it up the ass.
>>
I'd hatefuck the black chick.
>>
>so many Cleveland Show crossovers
>none for American Dad
>>
>>77765265
>>77765269
It's like poetry
>>
>>77765286
Cause none of American Dad's characters are in any way related to the other two shows.
>>
>>77765286
That's because American Dad can float on it's own and Cleveland Show was sinking faster than something that sinks fast.
>>
>>77765333
They can't say that Stan Smith and Joe Swason are cousins or something?
>>
>>77765239
Have you ever noticed that when Family Guy characters talk, they always hold their hand out? Meg is doing it in that picture.
>>
File: Both.jpg (20KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
Both.jpg
20KB, 400x389px
>>77765265
>>77765269
>>77765292
>>
>>77765286
They've had a few crossovers when Stewie takes over the world in a simulation. Also when Stan lists out his favorite dogs.
>>
>>77765239
Why do you think we'll never seen any of the SU fusions that had special guest stars doing the voices? That's the only reason why Malachite was just the same VA as Jasper, cause they planned on using her again.

Sugilite will never have another speaking role.
>>
>>77765239
Yeah, I don't why but it's kind of eerie
>>
>>77765434
Maybe if they didn't pick Nicki Minaj for the fusion that only had like 3 lines total, we'd see her again.
>>
>>77765286
Well, the Cleveland Show is dead and now the Browns/Tubbs live across the street in Cleveland's old house so it makes sense that they're showing up more now, even if they don't talk.
>>
>>77765286
American Dad has crossed over with Family Guy multiple times though.

>Hurricane trilogy
>"It's A Trap"
>Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie
>Bigfat
>Excellence in Broadcasting
>The Simpsons Guy

And that's just a few. There's some AD eps I don't recall the names of where Brian and Stewie showed up.
>>
>>77765239
I just wish those Cleveland Show characters had either been killed or put on a bus.
>>
>>77765333
It didn't sink as fast as that analogy
>>
>>77765434
Nicki Minaj is the only fusion VA they'd have trouble getting back due to expense or timing issues and they said in show that they rarely form her. Aimee Mann can't be that expensive and Sardonyx was voiced by a stage actor.
>>
Roberta has a fuckable design and should probably be included just standing around more often.
>>
>>77765239

I hate what adventure time pulled way more

>voice actor doesn't feel like doing the show anymore
>guy leaves to take a break for an indefinite period of time
>they kill him half ass off screen and give 1 sentence of dialog to the audience to tell us he's dead and that's it

I mean they revived root beer guy, but they obviously cut corners. If you're going to kill of a character who's important to the story you don't half ass it.

Even shitty old two and a half men did it better. Charlie Sheen died half ass off screen and in the dumbest way but at least they had an episode about it instead of 1 line of dialog. But like adventure time it bothered the shit out of me that none of the characters we're sad at all that he passed away. Everyone in AT was pretty dead pan after root beer guy died.
>>
File: 1376188955537.png (6KB, 227x191px) Image search: [Google]
1376188955537.png
6KB, 227x191px
>>77766193
>all you have to do is not call your boss a greedy jew
>calls his boss a greedy jew.
>>
Minimum number of episodes for a show to be eligible for syndication: 88.

How long did The Cleveland Show last? 88 episodes.

They kept this stale shit on life support until it hit the bare minimum, and then promptly yanked the plug.
>>
>>77766692
>Minimum number of episodes for a show to be eligible for syndication: 88.
It's not 65 anymore?
>>
>>77766610

I thought he got fired for the coke becoming a public fiasco.
>>
>>77765239
I just hate it because Cleveland show was better than Family Guy. Not that that's hard to do.
>>
>>77766818
65 was for kids shows. 88 is for prime time shows.
>>
>>77765265
Are you saying you want to nut in her ass?
That's sort of my thing.
>>
>>77766919
Charlie Sheen being a crazed drug addict is no big deal in Hollywood.
>>
>>77767180
Actually 100 for prime time.

For cartoons, you need 65 minimum for weekday syndication.
>>
>>77766919
Sheen getting fired was a bunch of reasons.

But in general, he was doing a lot of drugs and whoring and boozing around like crazy and refused rehab. It was tolerated until it began affecting filming and the producers had to lay the law down on Sheen to try and restore control over the production of the show.
>>
>>77765333
>>77766043
kek
>>
>>77765286
Well i mean, Cleveland is from Family Guy it would only make sense that they get crossovers now and then.

Only time when the griffins meet the smiths is during a throwaway joke. why would Stan ever go to Peter's house
>>
>>77765239
Why did they even have them all move to Quahog if they weren't going to get voice actors for them? They have the VAs ready for like 3 dozen side character at any time but they don't have anyone ready to even fake the voices for Cleveland's fucking wife and kids?
>>
>>77768602
They actually have the voice actors for them.

>Cleveland and Rallo are both voiced by Mike Henry.
>Cleveland Jr. is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson

KMR is a regular on FG anyway as Jerome as well as pretty much any random black guy and Mike Henry's still there voicing Cleveland, Herbert, Bruce and Consuela in addition to random side voices so it's not like they couldn't use Rallo if they wanted to.

They've actually brought Sanna Lathan in a few times to voice Donna since they moved so clearly having her talk isn't an issue.

Roberta's the only one who's VA seems to have 0 ties to the show at this point, but I'm sure they could bring her in easily if they actually had something they wanted to do with that character.

I think ultimately, the reason they came back was that they wanted to make Cleveland part of Peter's group of friends again, but he had all this leftover baggage from his show that the FG staff didn't care that much about so they brought them along as a way of not pissing off fans (And probably to not upset Mike Henry) and then they just left 'em to be silent background fodder because they have no idea what the fuck to actually do with them.
>>
>>77765371
Either that or they fold their arms or put their hands on their hips.
>>
I remember there was one particular Family Guy ep that was like that, with the Jennifer Tilly character just standing around not doing anything for the entire episode until she spoke right at the end.

Not sure what the point of that was.
>>
>>77765371
>>77770603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63wJItfmu_0
>>
File: Family_Guy_klaus.jpg (10KB, 301x175px) Image search: [Google]
Family_Guy_klaus.jpg
10KB, 301x175px
>>77766006
>The Worst Stan

That featured Roger and Steve watching an episode of Family Guy and then complaining about how unrealistic it was (while doing something both more mundane and absurd).

>The Unbrave One

Quagmire was revealed to be Francine's online doctor, Dr. Vadgers.

And on the Family Guy side of things, Roger and Klaus also appeared in the last Star Wars parody, too.

More often than not Family Guy is portrayed as fictional in American Dad!, such as when Stan made a list of his favorite fictional dogs and Brian was #1.

Even on Family Guy itself it's treated the same. As in the above mentioned "Excellence in Broadcasting", Stan was seen watching the same episode as the viewers and commenting on it. Not that it matters as the writers will disregard that for the sake of being funny.
>>
>>77765239
This really bothered me in a recent episode when there was one moment where Stewie and Rallo were in the center of the frame, Stewie says something that Rallo could have easily responded to, and then...nothing.
>>
>>77766818
>>77767180
>>77767259
There actually is no hard and fast rule when it comes to syndication anymore. 100 used to be the golden number, with 88 being the minimum, but nowadays lots of shows can get syndicated with only 2 years of episodes. If I remember correctly the reason was due to the rise of cable. Cable networks needed something to fill the air, and were happy to take shows that didn't meet the minimum requirements if it meant having something to put on TV.

That kind of bled over into network television as well, and with the rise of on-demand streaming, it's not so necessary to be picky.

>>77769841
It's definitely this. By the end of its run Cleveland had become kind of good, but after production ended most of the staff left (save a few who migrated to Family Guy) to work on other things. It doesn't help that Cleveland's approach to humor was more character based and subdued than Family Guy. They don't make a lot of sense to put together even though the latter is a spin-off of the former.

But they wanted to bring Cleveland back, if only because it allowed them to make a million "canceled" jokes, so here we are.
>>
>>77766692
I'm an idiot, what exactly is syndication?
>>
>>77772163
It's kinda like Tenure for television.
It's also what allows a show to be on other networks than their home network.
>>
>>77772677
Never understood what tenure is either.

Like I said, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>77772767
An over complex way of saying job security.
>>
>>77766193
>voice actor doesn't feel like doing the show anymore

what character(s) did he voice?
>>
>>77772767
Its like,

"I can fuck up as long as its not too badly or illegal, and i CAN'T get fired. No matter what"

Its kinda like a contract
>>
>>77767205
>>>/sveg/
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.